PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Christmas (android) limited release

lilithgio
11-24-14, 01:37 PM
Am i dreaming or christmas has some new gifts for us android players? I downloaded the new version and saw new features for us. Mining and dawntree....i had not really explored this version jet, i was tooooooo happy :-) :-):-)
Thank you team lava!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for my english ;-)

amerirish
11-24-14, 01:38 PM
I wish Kindle users weren't the outcasts of the Android world. My other account is played on an HDX and we get zip, zilch, nada - not even the holiday version of the app.

lilithgio
11-24-14, 02:58 PM
:-( after the happyness comes the sadness..... i must disinstall this version because it continues to crash.......

[S8] Elsa
11-24-14, 03:08 PM
Can you let us know more information about the crashes you are experiencing? We will be happy to investigate this further.

lilithgio
11-24-14, 04:00 PM
After the first download it takes a little bit more time to load. Once it opened, it loaded up the new goals about the downtree, some new dragons, mining... but very slowley. Then i closed it, disinstalled the old version, and when i went to opend the new one again it says i don't have any internet connection. I checked up everything, cleaned my device, but nothing. Disinstalled and installed again but it still doesn't work. Other tl games like bs, rs are working perfectly. Thank you

[S8] Elsa
11-24-14, 04:11 PM
We're going to take a look at your account. Please don't mind any changes while we do this. Your game data is safe on our servers. :)

lilithgio
11-24-14, 04:34 PM
Thank you Elsa, and thank you team lava. Now it works!!!!! It opened now so as if i was a new player and i had only to set up my account. You are great!

[S8] Elsa
11-24-14, 04:48 PM
That can happen while we investigate, but you should see your high-level game back now. Please let us know if you continue to experience crashing with the high-level account.

redstar177
11-24-14, 08:13 PM
Am i dreaming or christmas has some new gifts for us android players? I downloaded the new version and saw new features for us. Mining and dawntree....i had not really explored this version jet, i was tooooooo happy :-) :-):-)
Thank you team lava!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for my english ;-)

What?? I have the Dragon Story - Winter version, is this the one you have?
I don't have any of those features (mining, dawn tree, etc.). I don't see a DS-Christmas in the store either.

Please help! I would love to have the mining feature

PepperWoo
11-24-14, 08:48 PM
So is it true that the iOS features are /finally/ coming over to Android or was it just a glitch that lilithgio experienced?

[S8] Elsa
11-24-14, 10:29 PM
It's not a glitch. Christmas has some new features and is in very limited release for testing and tuning. Please keep in mind that the name of the edition doesn't guarantee any specific release time.

Winter is a different edition that includes content and is available world wide.

PepperWoo
11-24-14, 10:41 PM
Elsa;1008408']It's not a glitch. Christmas has some new features and is in very limited release for testing and tuning. Please keep in mind that the name of the edition doesn't guarantee any specific release time.

Winter is a different edition that includes content and is available world wide.

Oh my god thank you!! Just knowing that it's already in limited release for Android makes me SO happy! I can't wait for a future official Android release omg kudos TL! :o

redstar177
11-24-14, 10:43 PM
AWESOME! Thanks so much for the quick reply Elsa. I hope all of Android gets the new features soon

Elsa, are you able to tell us specifically which features we will be getting? Is it just mining and dawn tree, or will we be getting full parity?

[S8] Elsa
11-25-14, 12:35 PM
AWESOME! Thanks so much for the quick reply Elsa. I hope all of Android gets the new features soon

Elsa, are you able to tell us specifically which features we will be getting? Is it just mining and dawn tree, or will we be getting full parity?

I'm unable to reveal specifics in case the details change, just wanted to clear up any confusion between the two versions. :)

PepperWoo
11-25-14, 12:44 PM
I so hope the battle arena will be among the features coming over. :D

lilithgio
11-25-14, 03:24 PM
For Elsa: for so long everything is working. I expanded already with mining without any problems and placed my pink habitat on it. It just takes a little more time to load when i check the island goals. I think it's because of the high level, but i don't mind because i love this game. ;-)

redstar177
11-25-14, 05:07 PM
Elsa;1008696']I'm unable to reveal specifics in case the details change, just wanted to clear up any confusion between the two versions. :)

No problem! I understand. I'm just soooo happy that we might get a new update and at least a couple of new features :) :)

I so hope the battle arena will be among the features coming over. :D

I agree! I personally would like Mining, Crafting (which I assume we will get if we get mining), Gold Dragons, and the Battle Arena the most. Dawn Tree is unnecessary for me because I have too many coins, but I will gladly take any updates they give us! :o

Natasha_07
11-25-14, 05:12 PM
So is it true that the iOS features are /finally/ coming over to Android or was it just a glitch that lilithgio experienced?

1. I wish the crashing would go way forever, I thought WINTER edition solved that but after a week it went back to crashing nonstop.
2. I wish Android would get storage, crafting, spin, etc.

Quartzion
11-27-14, 06:58 AM
Sorry, but I have the same problem with the christmas version: when I open it all seems to go well, but when I try to open something like the goals or the market the game starts to go really slow, freezes for a small time and crashes.. I also tried to disinstall and reinstall the game a few times, and clean mi device, but nothing changes. I had no problems with winter edition, so I dunno what could be :/
I'm using an Android account.
(Sorry for my english if it's not perfect ;p )

megafeehily
11-28-14, 06:25 AM
I want to inform my experience with this Dragon Story: Christmas

1. The message wall
I can't use copy and paste anymore. The maximum character too short. Just about 36 characters. When I want to post message in my own wall, the screen keyboard cover the text field, so I can't see what I was typing, but it's okay in other player's wall. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S IV.

2. Response Time
After all the response time such as scrolling news, items in market, message wall become longer. When I want to access storage, it takes response times too long, it's lagging too when scrolling the item.

3. Battle Arena
I'm using IOS and Android playing 1 account. But I can't find my Battle Arena in Android. But other building such as Trading Portal, Spell Shop, Quest Outpost, and even Healing Fountain are there. By the way there is no Floating Ship to Artic Isle too. Is it a mistake or not?

Somehow, I'm so glad Team Lava make this update for Android User. Thanks so much before.

stashlova
11-29-14, 02:00 PM
Sweet

"Birdmanrub.gif"

cocauina
11-29-14, 03:54 PM
I want to inform my experience with this Dragon Story: Christmas

(...)

3. Battle Arena
I'm using IOS and Android playing 1 account. But I can't find my Battle Arena in Android. But other building such as Trading Portal, Spell Shop, Quest Outpost, and even Healing Fountain are there. By the way there is no Floating Ship to Artic Isle too. Is it a mistake or not?

Somehow, I'm so glad Team Lava make this update for Android User. Thanks so much before.

Currently, the only features that were released for beta testing were the Dawntree, Mine and Storage, It's normal when you transfer your IOS account to and Android device, the Trading Portal, Spell Shop, Quest Outpost and Healing Spring stays in your island, they don't desappear, they only become decor and that's because Android doesn't have that features. TL will release that buildings, but later, along with the Battle Arena, about the Arctic Isle, Android users doesn't have any ship because they don't have that feature, there's no info that the Arctic Isle will be released to Android user.

Unfortunately, before TL added Drawntree, Mine and Storage, Android was like a forgotten platform, didn't had any features, when a IOS player transferred the account to an Android device, the player didn't lose anything that he/she had on the IOS device, the exclusive buildings from IOS become to be decor, the IOS dragons stayed in the island, what the player had in storage, stayed in storage but the player didn't had access, the only way to the player see what he/she has in storage, the player needed to transfer the account again to an IOS device.

megafeehily
11-30-14, 09:44 PM
Currently, the only features that were released for beta testing were the Dawntree, Mine and Storage, It's normal when you transfer your IOS account to and Android device, the Trading Portal, Spell Shop, Quest Outpost and Healing Spring stays in your island, they don't desappear, they only become decor and that's because Android doesn't have that features. TL will release that buildings, but later, along with the Battle Arena, about the Arctic Isle, Android users doesn't have any ship because they don't have that feature, there's no info that the Arctic Isle will be released to Android user.

Yeah. I know about that. I thought Floating Ship and Battle Arena still there even after transfer from IOS to Android. But after I checked one more time in Dragon Story: Winter. They are not there. Sorry, for my bad. :D
By the way, one more feature you forgot to said is new market's appearance and many dragons those are only available for IOS, now are available to Android user too through Dragon Story: Christmas such as Gold Type and Champion Type Dragon and Habitat.

Unfortunately, before TL added Drawntree, Mine and Storage, Android was like a forgotten platform, didn't had any features, when a IOS player transferred the account to an Android device, the player didn't lose anything that he/she had on the IOS device, the exclusive buildings from IOS become to be decor, the IOS dragons stayed in the island, what the player had in storage, stayed in storage but the player didn't had access, the only way to the player see what he/she has in storage, the player needed to transfer the account again to an IOS device.
Yeah you're absolutely right. I always protest for that, send email directly or when giving review. I always think just because this game is developed in California, those are majority using IOS, so Android always become step child. :D

But I'm giving big thanks to Team Lava for doing this for us Android Users. It's mean a lot to us. I ever off for along time because of this different treatment, then I miss Dragon Story and come back. This still the best dragon game ever.

cocauina
12-01-14, 06:10 AM
Yeah. I know about that. I thought Floating Ship and Battle Arena still there even after transfer from IOS to Android. But after I checked one more time in Dragon Story: Winter. They are not there. Sorry, for my bad. :D
By the way, one more feature you forgot to said is new market's appearance and many dragons those are only available for IOS, now are available to Android user too through Dragon Story: Christmas such as Gold Type and Champion Type Dragon and Habitat.

I knew that the Android verson had a different market, but since the Gold and Champion type dragons would be added, the market would change, I personally prefer the IOS market, can you take a screenshot from the market? Just for curiosity :p

Yeah you're absolutely right. I always protest for that, send email directly or when giving review. I always think just because this game is developed in California, those are majority using IOS, so Android always become step child. :D

But I'm giving big thanks to Team Lava for doing this for us Android Users. It's mean a lot to us. I ever off for along time because of this different treatment, then I miss Dragon Story and come back. This still the best dragon game ever.

I don't think so, if TL only paid attention to IOS they probably would never had created this game for the Android platform and keeped the game updated with new dragons.. Monster Story is no longer supported on IOS but Android still have the game, but the game doesn't suffer an update were new things are added, probably since March of 2013.

I'm an IOS user, but thank god that TL finally added some features to Android platform, now Android will see the pain that IOS user feel and have to try to keep up with the releases from TL ahahah I'm kidding, but believe me, it's true :p But Android know will see the game on a different way, it's more interactive with all of this features and not only breed and evolve :)

megafeehily
12-02-14, 04:04 AM
I knew that the Android verson had a different market, but since the Gold and Champion type dragons would be added, the market would change, I personally prefer the IOS market, can you take a screenshot from the market? Just for curiosity :p

Here you go, just like IOS' Market Appearance.

I don't think so, if TL only paid attention to IOS they probably would never had created this game for the Android platform and keeped the game updated with new dragons.. Monster Story is no longer supported on IOS but Android still have the game, but the game doesn't suffer an update were new things are added, probably since March of 2013.

Yeah, but I can't help but think that is we're Android User are second one. XD

I'm an IOS user, but thank god that TL finally added some features to Android platform, now Android will see the pain that IOS user feel and have to try to keep up with the releases from TL ahahah I'm kidding, but believe me, it's true :p But Android know will see the game on a different way, it's more interactive with all of this features and not only breed and evolve :)
Yeah, I'm both user, I really hope they will add Spin to Win, World Event, Battle Arena, Spell Shop and Mining for Dragon in Android soon. Artic Isle is not fun, so even if not added, I don't mind. XD

By the way, where I can tell TL, some serious glitch with Dragon Story: Christmas?

cocauina
12-02-14, 05:43 AM
Here you go, just like IOS' Market Appearance.

Nice, I like the market how the both devices have, I think is more clean xD

Yeah, but I can't help but think that is we're Android User are second one. XD

Ahahah, yeah TL without notice, put the Android in second place when they shouldn't have done that.. :p

Yeah, I'm both user, I really hope they will add Spin to Win, World Event, Battle Arena, Spell Shop and Mining for Dragon in Android soon. Artic Isle is not fun, so even if not added, I don't mind. XD

By the way, where I can tell TL, some serious glitch with Dragon Story: Christmas?

I just hope that the Android users can keep up with the same rhythm as the IOS users ahahah

Send an email to - support@teamlava.com - explain what is going on and if you have screenshots attach that also :)

Jrod333
01-08-15, 02:23 PM
This is great. I used to play on both ios and android until my level 150 account started to instantly close on my 4th gen ipod about 6 months ago. So I've only been able to play on my android and really missing all my ios only extras. The market link says not available in my country, I'm in the US. What country was it released in and is it coming to more soon? Id love to be apart of this beta, I know the game really well and could get logs also.

mbyte68
01-08-15, 04:15 PM
on Android i used Aptoide got xmas version from that still dont think its in the app store eithers

Jrod333
01-08-15, 05:32 PM
Thanks. Actually right after typing that I checked and was able to download on another device ��. Runs great for me, breeding is really slow. Having 278 different lv 10 dragons may be why, although it's not an issue on winter. Another new feature that wasn't mentioned, red, green, yellow, blue and purple habitats now have the upgrade arrow for 4 dragon habitat, they didn't before

Jrod333
01-09-15, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know how many expansion slots we were given from mining? I'm at the 20th and I don't want the mine to close off but I noticed when going to other islands all their slots after the 20th are floating like they don't exist for us yet. Looks like they have about 30 but why those islands are still floating makes me not want to expand anymore. Not 1 issue or fc in all the playing and expanding either, nice work TL. I did notice one image issue with the mining countdown gets to 1, black square around the #1

megafeehily
01-12-15, 03:09 AM
Does anyone know how many expansion slots we were given from mining? I'm at the 20th and I don't want the mine to close off but I noticed when going to other islands all their slots after the 20th are floating like they don't exist for us yet. Looks like they have about 30 but why those islands are still floating makes me not want to expand anymore. Not 1 issue or fc in all the playing and expanding either, nice work TL. I did notice one image issue with the mining countdown gets to 1, black square around the #1

After updated at 9 January 2015, now it's as many as iOS, 40 slots. Why I know, because finally I see the 21st and soon slots in other isle.

echo005
01-12-15, 09:14 AM
How does one get this release cos all thats ever been available in play store for me and my daughter is the normal one.we've been looking since this was first posted

PepperWoo
01-12-15, 09:56 AM
How does one get this release cos all thats ever been available in play store for me and my daughter is the normal one.we've been looking since this was first posted

It's still on limited release so I think you won't be able to find it at the Play Store unless you're part of the lucky few. Let's pray they'll release it as soon as all the Android bugs are fixed. :)

mbyte68
01-12-15, 10:04 AM
It's still on limited release so I think you won't be able to find it at the Play Store unless you're part of the lucky few. Let's pray they'll release it as soon as all the Android bugs are fixed. :)

get Aptoide for your android if ya in that much of a rush , it can by gotten from this :)

PepperWoo
01-12-15, 11:34 AM
get Aptoide for your android if ya in that much of a rush , it can by gotten from this :)

I play on both iOS and Android so I'm not in much of a rush. :) But I did check that site you mentioned and the Christmas version I found there indicated that it was added a year ago... I have access to the same old xmas version at the Play Store but it doesn't have iOS features. Are you sure that non-official site you mentioned carry the Christmas version that has iOS features?

mbyte68
01-12-15, 01:10 PM
yep was the new one u sure u typed christmas and not xmas lol :D yh i play both also got this my main my android is byteme77 , and for some strange reason when i had to reinstall my apple few days back i could make another acc so now got very lowlevel acc mbyte66 :) , need to remember my pass for my old old old ipod acc still lol

PepperWoo
01-12-15, 01:22 PM
Lol yes of course I did type Christmas and not xmas. Oh well, I'm not missing anything anyway so I'll just wait for the official and stable version to come out. XD

megafeehily
01-12-15, 06:28 PM
Btw, I forgot to return to my main island before out from the game. So when I load the game, I'm still in Artic Isle. Is it suppose not release yet? Cause still missing some interface. No Artic button or Artic Ship. Or maybe my device still load it? I don't know. Oh yeah, I'm an iOS user too.

megafeehily
01-12-15, 06:37 PM
I play on both iOS and Android so I'm not in much of a rush. :) But I did check that site you mentioned and the Christmas version I found there indicated that it was added a year ago... I have access to the same old xmas version at the Play Store but it doesn't have iOS features. Are you sure that non-official site you mentioned carry the Christmas version that has iOS features?

I think it's different This year Christmas Version and last year Christmas Version. Last year Christmas version is a common version of Android without iOS feature

Then I must be the luckiest. Cause I have installed it in 5 devices. I begin to think my country is selected to be a part of the beta.

[S8] Elsa
01-12-15, 06:52 PM
Btw, I forgot to return to my main island before out from the game. So when I load the game, I'm still in Artic Isle. Is it suppose not release yet? Cause still missing some interface. No Artic button or Artic Ship. Or maybe my device still load it? I don't know. Oh yeah, I'm an iOS user too.

Thank you for reporting this! We'll bring it to attention so our team can investigate this. Do you need help getting back to your main island or are you able to use your iOS device to get back over?

Let us know. ^^

megafeehily
01-12-15, 09:12 PM
Elsa;1035969']Thank you for reporting this! We'll bring it to attention so our team can investigate this. Do you need help getting back to your main island or are you able to use your iOS device to get back over?

Let us know. ^^

No problem and thank you, when I was visiting other player and return to my island, it was automatically return to main island. I still using the Android when doing that. Btw, after the update 0n 9 Jan, message wall not doing truncate to the posting message anymore, so now we can read the full message, but it still only allow 36 characters when typing new message. Still no copy paste or select message feature. But the good thing, it's never crash like Winter.

Elsa, I found another serious bug regarding breeding. Every time when I try to breed, it always give Fire Dragon. I attach some the screen shoot. I already update to 9 January 2015. Before the update, the breeding just fine but a bit lack when choosing the breeding pair. Now it's faster.

Night with Magic

Lotus with Magic

Air with Lotus

mbyte68
01-13-15, 01:39 AM
TL are such teases my battle arena and quest post say coming soon GRRR :) , the funny comments they have when the game is booting i think they been playin to much sims :D

megafeehily
01-13-15, 02:49 AM
TL are such teases my battle arena and quest post say coming soon GRRR :) , the funny comments they have when the game is booting i think they been playin to much sims :D

Quest Post, Battle Arena, Trade Portal, Spell Shop, Healing Spring, and Mining for Dragon already added on 9 January 2015 update.

Jrod333
01-13-15, 10:41 AM
Yes, thank you, I posted that before the update

Jrod333
01-13-15, 10:50 AM
I also noticed the breeding results were alot worse too, I get the same commons over and over. Another thing over all island scrolling is much nicer and smooth and list scrolling is better after the update but still laggy and scroll bar is missing

mbyte68
01-13-15, 01:18 PM
Quest Post, Battle Arena, Trade Portal, Spell Shop, Healing Spring, and Mining for Dragon already added on 9 January 2015 update.

oops yh right i needed to update it thanks :D

megafeehily
01-14-15, 02:12 AM
Is this happen to any of you?
I have 8 times battle against Wildflower level 10. I was using combination of Battlecaster, Lightning, and Landworm. All of them level 10. Major I used Battlecaster and Lightning every time they finished healing. But never once I win. Is it kind of bug or just my bad luck?

Jrod333
01-14-15, 08:07 AM
Yes. I have battled about 20 times on my main account and 10 on my other and can't win one battle. There's definitely something wrong

megafeehily
01-14-15, 08:24 AM
Yeah, we can't win from proper battle must with gold. The spell shop and Battle Arena still not update with Lighthouse Dragon and Lighthouse item too. So till now, still 2 main bugs: 1. Breeding always give Fire Dragon. Jrod, yours give Fire too? 2. No chance to win without gold in Battle Arena.

Jrod333
01-14-15, 10:18 AM
No fire dragons but basically all common, I only got a couple of rates and the rest commons using 3000 gold. That's bad, I'd get all kinds of dragons on past android versions. I haven't tried the gold option in battle, I just sped up to battle some extra but the gold option is no longer there and neither is the new light house dragon battle

megafeehily
01-14-15, 05:20 PM
No fire dragons but basically all common, I only got a couple of rates and the rest commons using 3000 gold. That's bad, I'd get all kinds of dragons on past android versions. I haven't tried the gold option in battle, I just sped up to battle some extra but the gold option is no longer there and neither is the new light house dragon battle
The common you got after update or not? Before update, mine is fine.
I constantly got fire after update on 9 Jan. I use 30 x 6 gold last tournament because of this. I can't use my ipad while on work so I use my android phone without realize that no chance to win without gold in ds christmas.

Jrod333
01-14-15, 11:55 PM
Before and after. I just noticed I do have gold option in battle as well. I see the big difference here to ios too, can't win a battle or breed dragons. Everything else seems to be working aas on ios, I expanded 25 mine expansions and got part of comet dragon on guest. I've collected from 3 gold giving dragons I had from ios, so that's great. Habitats boosts are working, healing crafting, trading, quick maps, quick speed ups, moving decorations and habitats in one shot, dragon stabel.

Jrod333
01-15-15, 02:36 PM
Original dragon story just updated with the new features, higher version than the last beta too

[S8] Elsa
01-15-15, 02:38 PM
It's been released for all players now. See the thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77432-Dragon-Story-1-9-8-2-has-been-released-for-Android!). :D