PDA

View Full Version : iOS Christmas Version Doesn't Work!

mengdacious
11-22-14, 11:45 AM
I got the update for the Christmas version for iOS but nothing besides the icon and the loading screen changed. No new scenery, no new quest, no unlocked Christmas recipes on the oven and definitely no Christmas ovens. It seems that a lot of people are having this issue (at least on the Discussion Forum). I'm concerned because from the Android screenshots I see there's a timer on these recipes (10 days) but it's already been a day so if this gets fixed a few days from now do we only get like 3 days to bake those recipes while Android get full 10 days??

And yes I'm updated to the latest version of iOS and game. I've hard restarted everything and still, only the icon and the loading screen have changed. And no I do not have the old Christmas version still installed or anything.

pegsfarm1
11-22-14, 12:19 PM
Yes. I am having the same issue. Nothing new except the icon and loading screen.

sweetypies97
11-22-14, 02:01 PM
Me too :(

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75402-IOS-christmas-update&p=1007115#post1007115

Pretty please TL, let me spend my gems on all of the Christmas pretties!

breeparnell
11-22-14, 02:38 PM
I also am on iOS and I have the new icon, but that's it. No new decor or anything else. Please fix this! We want it badly!!!

chocolat_89
11-22-14, 02:39 PM
Same here. The update on the App Store promised new content.

AnnaP921
11-22-14, 03:15 PM
Same here! Is anyone working on this, I've seen no reply from TL about this issue.

nukesters2
11-22-14, 04:59 PM
Another one here witn no actual update on any of 3 different devices. :( waaaaaaaaaah!

nukesters2
11-22-14, 05:11 PM
I got the update for the Christmas version for iOS but nothing besides the icon and the loading screen changed. No new scenery, no new quest, no unlocked Christmas recipes on the oven and definitely no Christmas ovens. It seems that a lot of people are having this issue (at least on the Discussion Forum). I'm concerned because from the Android screenshots I see there's a timer on these recipes (10 days) but it's already been a day so if this gets fixed a few days from now do we only get like 3 days to bake those recipes while Android get full 10 days??

And yes I'm updated to the latest version of iOS and game. I've hard restarted everything and still, only the icon and the loading screen have changed. And no I do not have the old Christmas version still installed or anything.

I am going to copy and paste this if you don't mind....in the restaurant story forum where the situation is exactly the same :)

Stueeeee
11-23-14, 03:06 AM
This happened either last year or the year before. I think the year before. The app got updated with Christmas stuff and background but had no Christmas content until a few days before Christmas.

therainbowscafe
11-23-14, 03:12 AM
Same here :-S hope TL fix it asap...!!!

FrozenTurtle
11-24-14, 11:40 AM
The update was in preparation for the Holiday content. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for some seasonal stuff. :)

cozyreader13
11-24-14, 01:57 PM
The update was in preparation for the Holiday content. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for some seasonal stuff. :)

Thanks for a reply... Next few weeks lol exciting but it will be torture waiting

nukesters2
11-24-14, 03:45 PM
Thanks for a reply... Next few weeks lol exciting but it will be torture waiting

I know right?? and next monday is December 1st already!! we need snow fallling now! lol.... :)

ElectricLove91
11-25-14, 11:20 AM
I feel like we are being *****ed when android already has it. but IOS users have to wait a couple weeks? really?! im very disappointed with TL recently and Things need to change soon. bring the old christmas stuff back for us new players

FrozenTurtle
11-25-14, 11:48 AM
Just to avoid confusion, I wanted to clarify that the updates that would be coming are only content updates. Unfortunately, there won't be any scenery changes in-game. Sorry if I got your hopes up!

minidemon88
11-26-14, 10:36 AM
Just to avoid confusion, I wanted to clarify that the updates that would be coming are only content updates. Unfortunately, there won't be any scenery changes in-game. Sorry if I got your hopes up!

Ah, our bubbles bursted! I guess that also mean no Christmas music or bots wearing holiday costumes too? Kinda sad! But I'm still looking forward to the new holiday contents. Please keep them coming in soon. :o

Stueeeee
11-26-14, 01:18 PM

Just wondered will people like myself get the updated music that is more Christmassy and the snowy backdrop and dressed up customers??

auroramom
11-26-14, 07:13 PM
Frozen turtle--the app pictures in the apple store are really false advertising in restaurant & bakery. They show the cute elves and snow outside. I started playing in 2012 with the iOS Christmas version, but unfortunately we lost it 8/13. The game hasn't been the same for me since. The customers don't look right & the music isn't as good. The game used to give me a feel good feeling with the cute christmas atmosphere. Last week I was so excited because it looked like you were bringing it back. When nothing had changed, I thought maybe after thanksgiving. Now I find out it was all false! I really think you should bring these items back as advertised or change the app pictures. Thanks so much.

nukesters2
12-02-14, 01:05 PM
Frozen turtle--the app pictures in the apple store are really false advertising in restaurant & bakery. They show the cute elves and snow outside. I started playing in 2012 with the iOS Christmas version, but unfortunately we lost it 8/13. The game hasn't been the same for me since. The customers don't look right & the music isn't as good. The game used to give me a feel good feeling with the cute christmas atmosphere. Last week I was so excited because it looked like you were bringing it back. When nothing had changed, I thought maybe after thanksgiving. Now I find out it was all false! I really think you should bring these items back as advertised or change the app pictures. Thanks so much.

I agree with you. I don't understand why it is a problem for them..... if they would just come on and explain why it can not happen..... but to just not do it because the whim has not hit them to do it....

sls0991
12-03-14, 12:59 AM
I agree with you. I don't understand why it is a problem for them..... if they would just come on and explain why it can not happen..... but to just not do it because the whim has not hit them to do it....

I'm seriously starting to doubt if we will ever get a straight answer from this company, on anything. I think they just don't "feel like it" to be honest. Too much work for them maybe? I mean it's not like the Black Friday sales kept them up all night or anything....