PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be a confirmation window/button before gems get spent in TL games.

Cytheran
11-22-14, 01:22 AM
I love your games, TeamLava. I play a lot of them and have for two years. But if you'll notice, I spend next to no money on your games--maybe $15/20 on Fashion Story, and not a penny on any others.

I'd like to tell you why you don't see much of my money.

It's because, simply put, your games feel sometimes like they are trying to trick me into spending gems. You don't do enough to safeguard my money or ensure that all gem expenditures are something customers actually want to do, rather than taking advantage of someone's haste or a slip of the fingertip. Sometimes it feels like it's a competition between us--and that's not a game I like to play.

I'm a customer who really wants to spend money on your games and more importantly I'm a customer who actually has money to spend on games, but I've accidentally spent enough gems ingame on stuff I didn't want that I'm very leery of spending my hard-earned money with you. Instead I spend my money with companies that have that safeguard in place. Sometimes I buy gems I don't even need because I want to reward the right business model--which is why when I have $10 or $20 to spend, those other companies get it, not you.

All you have to do to change my perception is add one little confirmation window to your games. "Do you want to spend X gems on this? Yes/No." That's it. That's all it'd take. I would instantly buy gem packages in all three of the games I regularly play and would probably need to update my device to handle the additional games of yours I'd want to start playing again (like Castle Story and Farm Story 2, both of which I ADORED but deleted because of how often I misspent gems in them; and btw, while on Castle Story, a few people messaged me saying they were deleting it for the same issue).

Do you want my money? Then that's what you can do to get a whole lot more of it. Make it way harder for me to accidentally spend gems, and I will reward you for it.

How many people like me do you suppose are out there, TL? Obviously a lot of your customers don't care about misspent gems, but I just ran into someone just like me on another thread today who stated that her reason for not buying more gems from you is because of no confirmation buttons. So obviously we're out there, quietly voting with our wallets. The customers you already have who don't care about this issue won't be alienated if you add this extra step, but you'll pick up a lot more customers who appreciate a game company that wants to ensure that people can buy their gem packages with confidence.

Thanks for listening!

theotherjennifer
01-31-15, 01:01 AM
YESSS. I spent 49 gems I had been saving for renovating my boutique on an EXTRA SLOT when trying to place an order. A confirmation would have been nice. AN EXTRA SLOT??? Gah.

marnisview5
01-31-15, 06:16 AM
Yes I agree I try to save them up and I've accidently lost them when my clothes have expired many times that is why I refuse to buy them

AylinOnIce
02-28-15, 07:23 PM
Yes, I have lost like 50 gems for the avatars! At least give us a refund!

scotslassuk
04-29-15, 09:58 AM
Once again because off a slip off my finger I have just lost MY LAST 60Gems!! Well TL until you put in a confirmation button not one more penny will I be paying for Gems!! I've just knocked my socks off doing that horse quest and was down to my last 60Gems but while collecting from my buildings I was nudged and it took my last 60gems for the stupid troll place!! I am livid in fact I was so angry I was for deleting my game, but I've put so much into it I felt its money wasted. This is not the first time it's happened but I assure you it will be the LAST!! I've never complained about it but this last quest was so hard I had to use my gems and youse as a company have the audacity to charge 999gems if you want another horse! Anyone that pays that either can afford to lose that amount of money or need their heads looked at! Personally I would go for the latter option. I on the other hand save to buy gems and cannot afford to continually lose gems because off a simple mistake. So I plead to your emotional side and install a confirmation button on the game before you lose players who pay good money to keep the game going. Thank you for reading this, even if it is long winded but I really am so angry as well as frustrated as I cannot afford to replace the gems and as stated I will NOT be purchasing again!

scotslassuk
05-30-15, 08:01 AM
I actually came bk to look at my post basically out off curiosity! Yes my curiosity was right Not Even ONE Reply from TL to their LOYAL CUSTOMERS!! No Apology NOTHING!! This only made me Angrier😡😡 I thought perhaps if they had apologised even offered to look at our accounts and offer some compensation I would buy some gems as there are a few things I liked but oh NO NOTHING..... Well it works Both Ways your getting NOTHING FROM ME!!!!

Brigiron1
05-30-15, 04:27 PM
I can totally agree on this thread I play 5 games for TL I love them but I had kept my 120 gems for a long time using them sparingly and making every install to gain more but this last quest that had so little time by the way was very hard so I had to use gems. In one of those quests for the gazebo I accidentally clicked on it and it took 25 of my gems just for a speedy collection. If I would have had a confirmation button I would have been able to stop the loss of my gems. Top make it worse I spent all those gems in the quest and wasn't even able to finish it. It just really sucks.

Lenkapon
06-10-15, 07:36 AM
I emailed them to refund me my gems but they said they can't reverse any in game benefits ._.

MamaChatele
07-14-15, 02:01 PM
Confirmation button would be nice. but they are not going to do it. From the looks of it. That is how they get many customers to spend more. Sucks I have done this more than once.