View Full Version : Owl Bear Value Pack

Aernak
11-21-14, 01:46 PM
Grrrrr I want this little guy so badly but not for $15. :(

http://i59.tinypic.com/rktv1j.jpg

zenobia42
11-21-14, 02:01 PM
Dear TL,

If you do this value pack thing with the SCARE CROW, I will TOTALLY buy it.

I already have an Owl Bear. And I had a Nightmare last time. And I had a Gargoyle the time before. And while the Owl Bear is something anyone with a few level 15 animals and a lot of dedication to the game at that time could get, the crow was something that even people such as myself speed breeding CONSTANTLY for a full week could NOT get due to it being 100% luck-based. So it makes more sense IMO to let those of us who didn't get the CROW get a package.

I swear I will buy the package if it is 15 or less and has the CROW in it.

~zenobia

saucysammis
11-21-14, 02:19 PM
Dear TL,

If you do this value pack thing with the SCARE CROW, I will TOTALLY buy it.

I already have an Owl Bear. And I had a Nightmare last time. And I had a Gargoyle the time before. And while the Owl Bear is something anyone with a few level 15 animals and a lot of dedication to the game at that time could get, the crow was something that even people such as myself speed breeding CONSTANTLY for a full week could NOT get due to it being 100% luck-based. So it makes more sense IMO to let those of us who didn't get the CROW get a package.

I swear I will buy the package if it is 15 or less and has the CROW in it.

~zenobia

I second that!.....

Although, I see the point of offering for sale something anyone playing the game at the time could have achieved with either gems or gems paid for. And I see the point of offering for sale something that a new player would have had no chance to achieve since tournaments either don't open til level 17 or are in the past.

The fair thing for a LIMITED, CHANCE animal, one that I, too, rolled for many times, would be to make the scarecrow, the frankenswine the goals of a future special event where effort could control outcome.

And about that expiring timer.....why so short? Why shouldn't a chance item be given three months for the players to try for? One month is sort of ridiculous given the amount of fails on each animal when multiple animals are released in each week, each with long breed times.

Anyhoo....I'd pay 4.99 for the animal alone. I can earn apples and runes.

Aernak
11-21-14, 02:26 PM
Ugh you guys just encourage it. :(

I can see 99 cents for an animal, but $15? Ffs.

my607
11-21-14, 02:37 PM
Ugh you guys just encourage it. :(

I can see 99 cents for an animal, but $15? Ffs.

TL isn't going to sell any package for 99 cents ever. That's way too cheap.

Aernak
11-21-14, 02:49 PM
If it was a one time thing, maybe I would spend it. But it's not. I have not been playing this game very long, only a few months, and I have already been tempted multiple times to drop $10+ for things - to complete a nearly-impossible tourney on time, to buy one of these "value" packs, to speed breed before an animal is discontinued...

I guess if you are trying to collect them all, then you will spend whatever it takes. I can't afford to spend money every week on this game to have everything, so I am not even trying to collect them all. I passed on paying for gems for the skeletal dragon, and I passed on the nightmare package, and I will pass on this.

I just feel that if TL wants this game to last for many years to come, and they want to attract new players, they should make the prices more reasonable. Most people are not going to spend $50 a month to collect every animal. And at the rate theyre cranking them out, $50 is probably a low number.

EviBrooklyn
11-21-14, 02:51 PM
TL isn't going to sell any package for 99 cents ever. That's way too cheap.

Ok but here's my question:
They say sale price $14.99 from $59.99. In order for someone to call this a "sale", the package should have been offered in the market for $59.99... Has anyone seen this previously for $59.99? I haven't.
If $59.99 is what TL thinks its a fair market price, they need to state so, but if it has never been offered in the market before for $59.99, it's a bit weird to post a sale price.
Or they can just say $14.99 for a limited expired critter and some apples and runes...I think this might be a better description

readysetgo888
11-21-14, 02:52 PM
Anyhoo....I'd pay 4.99 for the animal alone. I can earn apples and runes.

100% agree with this... Basically they're asking you to pay $15 for the animal. I find this an excessive amount for one animal. If I had to spend $15 on the game I'd MUCH rather just have the gems to be able to speed breed to get the animals that I don't have that are holes in my album. For $5 I would think about it if it was an animal I really wanted... That's the max for a pixel creature.

Aernak
11-21-14, 03:03 PM
I would pay $5 for an animal I really wanted too.

arikatu
11-21-14, 05:29 PM

For now, there's still the Owl Bear. In all its giant-teddy-bear-like looming glory.
And future prizes (i.e. the world event/new tournaments) that might never be released again after this is over. There's that chance. (HAH. Maybe.)

Can't say I really called it, but I definitely feel like I might have jinxed it back when that Nightmare value pack was released, haha.

sweetypies97
11-21-14, 11:52 PM
Just like last time, it is $19 for me.

Aernak
11-22-14, 06:41 AM

What the heck :( that is even worse :(

Hawksmoor
11-22-14, 07:10 AM

Yeah, that's not fair :mad:

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 07:40 AM

Do you mind me asking where do you live?
I wonder if their softwares are programmed to display this package with different prices or with different items based on their pre-set criteria, say target different customers with different packages based on their locations, what level they are in the game, or maybe they base it on customer's behavior : how much they spend or where they tend to spend it etc

readysetgo888
11-22-14, 08:51 AM

That is so weird. I'm also curious where you live... unless this is some kind of currency conversion thing, I can't imagine why some people would get a different price. Talk about unfair.

I don't actually have the offer at all... but I have the new animals up to date in my store.

Bambamstad
11-22-14, 12:51 PM
In the netherlands it is € 13,99. But we have a different currency.

sweetypies97
11-22-14, 01:59 PM
I live in Australia - I used a currency converter and it still costs more in USD than it does for the people with the $15 option. Of course they wouldn't sell it for $15AUD if it was going to cost less than $15 USD but IMO it should cost the equivalent of $15USD everywhere.

We're used to everything costing more here but it still sucks ;)

sweetypies97
11-22-14, 02:04 PM
btw it wouldn't stop me spending money, although I rarely fork out cash these days. I already have the owl bear, but just say the vampire cat was in one of those deals ..... let's just say it's a done deal ;)

EviBrooklyn
11-22-14, 03:23 PM
In the netherlands it is € 13,99. But we have a different currency.

That will be about 19 US dollars.

EviBrooklyn
11-24-14, 09:14 PM
To TL's defends, for $14.99 you don't get just the animal. Now that we can expand, the 40 runes become quite worth it.
If I was to speed the breedings for runes, I would have need it about 70 - 80 gems at least to get them. So considering that, the owl bear comes to less than $10.
If they have offered another animal, say unicornicopia on this package, I would have bought it.