PDA

View Full Version : Gem Rewards

Natasha_07
11-21-14, 08:37 AM
I would like to know if the gem rewards for installing certain new editions has gone down ?

The last reward for finishing level 12 in castle was different than other new games I've tried in the past.

Oh and my gem rewards is 2 gems less. Would like to know if anyone experience this ???

thepianist
11-30-14, 02:44 AM
I would like to know if the gem rewards for installing certain new editions has gone down ?

The last reward for finishing level 12 in castle was different than other new games I've tried in the past.

Oh and my gem rewards is 2 gems less. Would like to know if anyone experience this ???

I don't think they've rewarded gems for installing games for a fair while. I think Apple didn't like the practice.

sls0991
11-30-14, 03:23 AM
If you're talking about getting gems in BS (or another team lava/storm 8 game) for downloading an app that your particular game advertised, that has nothing to do with Apple or Android or the marketplace. Apple doesn't give the gems or lose/gain anything from it. Team Lava is giving an incentive to download and try their other games. I haven't noticed a change though, but then again I only play what I feel like playing (leveling up for more gems) and usually I don't like the games so I only download them and get the 6 gems for that. But it has become much more rare to receive a pop-up to download something for the gems.

PepperWoo
11-30-14, 04:00 AM
Yup, my gem reward went down from 8 to 6 when I got the prompt to install BS Thanksgiving last Friday. The reward for my other account changed too. I reckon TL reverted it back to the standard 6 gems for everyone.

kittystar1
11-30-14, 04:28 AM
Yup, my gem reward went down from 8 to 6 when I got the prompt to install BS Thanksgiving last Friday. The reward for my other account changed too. I reckon TL reverted it back to the standard 6 gems for everyone.

WOW!!! What!? You used to get 8 gems!? I've never gotten 8 or even 6... I have always gotten 4!! And 2 for the additional "level up goal"... if I even got one! The first time I got 6 was also the Thanksgiving one I believe.

PepperWoo
11-30-14, 05:29 AM
WOW!!! What!? You used to get 8 gems!? I've never gotten 8 or even 6... I have always gotten 4!! And 2 for the additional "level up goal"... if I even got one! The first time I got 6 was also the Thanksgiving one I believe.

Yeah everyone used to get 6 I think, then sometime early this year they changed the system and people got random rewards ranging from 3-8 gems. I was one of the lucky ones to get the upgrade. xD

jc32079
11-30-14, 08:46 AM
Mine recently changed, too. It went up from 4 to 6 gems for downloading.

thepianist
11-30-14, 10:37 AM
I don't think they've rewarded gems for installing games for a fair while. I think Apple didn't like the practice.

TL we're incentivising people to download other games, possibly expecting that some people would download them just for gems and delete them immediately. This artificially increases the number of downloads and makes the new game look more popular than it really is. Perhaps someone from TL may be able to confirm whether or not Apple influenced their decision to stop rewarding us with gems for downloads.

jandtandn
11-30-14, 11:28 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with Apple. I'm on iOS and get 6 gems for downloading a new game, and 3-6 gems for reaching whatever milestones in the games. I used to get 6 gems for each, but have recently been getting 3 gems.