PDA

View Full Version : Keep losing gold and food!

DizzyK2
11-20-14, 10:53 AM
I just started playing this game last night after watching my friends talk about it FB all the time.

When I tried to expand the restaurant for $10,000, I pressed it and then it said I didn't have enough money. I checked my gold pile it was reduced to about $600!! WTF?
I passed a few more challenges and tried to buy a new counter, my gold count went from $6500 to $300. Huh? It did it again 10 minutes later. What the heck is going on? Each time it does this, a "Processing" sign pops up, then I lose my gold AND I don't even get the item.

If this keeps happening, I will be deleting this game. Taking away customers hard earned gold is NOT the way to generate good will for future games. My daughter wants to play the Fashion Story, but if this is the way all these games work, I will just stay away from all Storm8 games.

Another bug. I kept the game running on my iPhone 5s while typing this post. The phone goes into sleep mode. I go back to the game after about 5 minutes and now all my food is gone. How did 50+ servings of food disappear that quickly?

An irate customer!

DizzyK2 (storm8 ID)
iOS8 8.1.1
Ver. 1.7.2

SparklyOctopus
11-20-14, 11:58 AM
It seems like you are encountering sync errors. You may notice that your coins have disappeared or items you just bought or crafted may appear to be lost. This usually happens because your game reverted a couple minutes back to a previous save point. We suggest restarting your game before resuming.

Additionally, are you blocking your doorway when you are making food? Blocking your door is not part of the design of the game, so you can experience issues like "quick sales".

The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

Hope this helps! :)

DizzyK2
11-20-14, 12:33 PM
I'll check the door issue. I also deleted and reinstalled the app just in case. Hopefully that will solve the sync issues.

Thanks!

DizzyK2

orleansparish
11-20-14, 01:54 PM
When you are first starting your door can't be blocked. The food will still sell but you will get your coin amount. After a while you will be able to do so, to stock up on food. My level 99 shop had this happen. I played on iOS, then went back to android and was able to keep my door blocked as I cook more food. L

It may be slow at first but give it a shot, the game IS super fun and addicting! In a good way....!