PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on level 50

rvvalley
11-19-14, 02:14 AM
I'm stuck on level 50 and not leveling up. Xp bar has shown no progress in several months.
Currently have 171,200 xp points but no progress on the bar. 16772

Please help!

SpiritWind00
11-19-14, 03:25 AM
50 is the maximum level there is in Castle. Your xp points will continue to rise as you collect etc and when/if new levels are released, your xp points will skyrocket you to that new level. Welcome to the L50 club though! :)

queenofpolharcity
11-28-14, 03:39 PM
rv valley is a new player, but some of us old timers have raised this issue several times before. And after all this time, we've never gotten a reason for this. Why can't we just level up when we gain the XPs? I'd really like for TL to give us an answer about this.

Really, the reason is obvious--if we don't get regular boosts of energy we will be more likely to buy gems and energy. It would be a great sign of Customer Appreciation if this thing was fixed. I understand that a company is in business for profit, but there needs to be incentives for me as a customer, also.

ShibuyaCloth
11-28-14, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the 50 club, not so much an issue. The level don't bring that much. Now you can start working on the unfinished quests. If you are really bored out and need a challenge to keep you playing, have a look to the link in my sig.

queenofpolharcity
11-29-14, 08:44 AM
But it is an issue, because all those levels add up to a really huge amount of energy that we are not being given, and not being given the reason for. When TL finally got around to boosting us up to Level 50, we weren't given the full amount of energy in one lump that we would have received had we been allowed to level up to 50 from our own levels.

Now, when many of us old-timers have XPs that number in the in the 100s of thousands, the energy lump we should receive would be enormous! I want to know -- what TLs official reason for not allowing us to level up, and I want to know when they are going to "allow" us another level jump.

You say it isn't a big deal, but it really is to the early- and mid-level players who haven't accumulated a bunch of alicorns, and really need that occasional energy boost. And some things are just a matter of principle. TL just shouldn't do some of the things they do.

lonerlexie
11-29-14, 08:53 AM
I really don't see what the big deal is. I'm level 46, the energy bump at this point when I level up is kind of an inconvenience. I don't need to collect from my whole town very often so it seems like a waste.

queenofpolharcity
12-01-14, 01:40 PM
An inconvenience to get a full restore of energy?? What??

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but when something doesn"t make sense, such as this erroneous decision of TL to not allow us to level up and get energy bumps, and not explain why, it bothers me. Or why they are so restrictive with our Expansions, or make necessary items suddenly become a rare drop when we need them to complete a quest (my mines haven't given me Earth Wisps since the new Expansions were released).

On the face of it, these don't sound like that much, but many people other than me have asked why and still we don't warrant a response.

Sometimes it is just the principle of the thing...

shambalaya
12-01-14, 01:48 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is. I'm level 46, the energy bump at this point when I level up is kind of an inconvenience. I don't need to collect from my whole town very often so it seems like a waste.

There has never in my two years of playing ever been a time that I could not use all energy available to me, if I cleared my whole town I would bring out all my cows and chickens and fish the ponds dry of fish for the exchange.

SpiritWind00
12-01-14, 03:01 PM

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but when something doesn"t make sense, such as this erroneous decision of TL to not allow us to level up and get energy bumps, and not explain why, it bothers me. Or why they are so restrictive with our Expansions, or make necessary items suddenly become a rare drop when we need them to complete a quest (my mines haven't given me Earth Wisps since the new Expansions were released).On the face of it, these don't sound like that much, but many people other than me have asked why and still we don't warrant a response. Sometimes it is just the principle of the thing...

My mines have dropped earth wisps... What drops is random; that's just how the game works.

Exactly what is it you want a response to? Send me a PM to discuss so this thread stays on topic. I'm happy to champion any worth CS cause!

dirkbart
03-16-17, 01:39 AM
I'm also a level 50 player
and there are some quests i didn't finish succesfully
It would be great if you could have a scond chance for unfinishede business for example to finish the haunted castle.

idrispad
03-16-17, 02:26 AM
I think every similar game I've played has had a maximum level which is only increased every so often. S8 is no different in that respect.

rembetiko
03-16-17, 08:09 AM
I think every similar game I've played has had a maximum level which is only increased every so often. S8 is no different in that respect.

Yes, but level 50 for some years now? Most games I played have a maximum level of 100 and continue to add new levels over time. Castle Story won't be expanding for very much longer unless they add new islands to explore, so there's no real reason why they shouldn't add new levels now - near the end of its lifetime.

aurora171
03-16-17, 08:17 AM
But it is an issue, because all those levels add up to a really huge amount of energy that we are not being given, and not being given the reason for. When TL finally got around to boosting us up to Level 50, we weren't given the full amount of energy in one lump that we would have received had we been allowed to level up to 50 from our own levels.

Now, when many of us old-timers have XPs that number in the in the 100s of thousands, the energy lump we should receive would be enormous! I want to know -- what TLs official reason for not allowing us to level up, and I want to know when they are going to "allow" us another level jump.

You say it isn't a big deal, but it really is to the early- and mid-level players who haven't accumulated a bunch of alicorns, and really need that occasional energy boost. And some things are just a matter of principle. TL just shouldn't do some of the things they do.

It's a pity that they don't give the energy boxes to those who have been stuck on lvl 50 for ages when they do up the levels. Just so that they don't miss out on that energy boost when they do level up to whatever level it maybe!

SpiritWind00
03-16-17, 04:56 PM
Some of the posts you are responding to are over 2 years old.... post that are flaming S8 have been removed.

jangofettz
03-12-19, 02:54 AM
Some of the posts you are responding to are over 2 years old.... post that are flaming S8 have been removed.

Why aren’t they going to let us lvl up past 50? I’m currently at 50 and finishing up quests. Once I finish up then what? I’m not going to want to continue to play if I can’t level and challenge myself. Once you reach the end boredom is inevitable and then you leave to find a new, better and more challenging game. Please don’t bore me into leaving!

SpiritWind00
03-12-19, 03:49 AM
Why aren’t they going to let us lvl up past 50? I’m currently at 50 and finishing up quests. Once I finish up then what? I’m not going to want to continue to play if I can’t level and challenge myself. Once you reach the end boredom is inevitable and then you leave to find a new, better and more challenging game. Please don’t bore me into leaving!
Firstly, welcome to the forum. It's a great question and these are just my own initial thoughts on why they might not increase levels.

The last couple of years has seen us move more into event releases. There has been core story too but predominantly events. It's become clearer that the prizes from events (not counting citizens as rewards) have been to assist us to expand and to give more choice to players on what they decorate their kingdom with without necessarily compromising on drops.

So, events have different requirements based on game levels. Staying within a 2 or 3 tiered structure allows a much fairer approach to more players especially on those who do not purchase any or very little gems with real money. It also allows (I imagine) a quicker way to reproduce event formats which we've seen a lot of in varying forms.

I don't really see any benefit to increasing levels if it means that players who've been level 50 for a long long time might be required to need even more resources or energy to complete events. Many of us struggle now especially when random drops are included in event progress.

If you're not keen on participating in the fortnightly events on offer then I can absolutely see your point. Brand new storyline was introduced this week and there is always new land to open or you can work your way through the goals that Shibuya created. Thanks for the feedback though. I'm sure other players can offer their thoughts. :) SW