PDA

View Full Version : Cowhide and Royal Buildings

DragonOsman
11-18-14, 11:12 AM
I have 8 out of the 10 Cowhide I need for upgrading my Cottage to Level 2, but I can't figure out how to get the other 2. I also want to know if there's a way to get Gems aside form in-app purchases. I could use a Royal Building that could get me enough additional Royal Points to get them up to around 960. I need 960 Royal Points for an Expansion on my kingdom. So far I only have 63.

And what do I have to do craft some purple dye? Whenever I tap on that, it takes me to the menu for buying a Farmhouse for 3,000 Gold Coins. I'm guessing I have to build another Farmhouse to craft the dye in (I already have 2, though, and something tells me I can only have 2 at my current Level in the game)? Is that right?

I also need to know how to find out what someone's Storm8 ID is so I can invite them to my kingdom (I see it'll also give me 600 Gems I successfully invite someone, so that's a good reason for me to do this). I only see Kingdom names. And speaking of that, I made both my username and my Storm8 ID the same. As that bad? [it's DragonOsman, of course.]

So, anyway, yeah, any help I can get on this would be much appreciated.

meme1098
11-18-14, 12:11 PM
I have 8 out of the 10 Cowhide I need for upgrading my Cottage to Level 2, but I can't figure out how to get the other 2. I also want to know if there's a way to get Gems aside form in-app purchases. I could use a Royal Building that could get me enough additional Royal Points to get them up to around 960. I need 960 Royal Points for an Expansion on my kingdom. So far I only have 63.

And what do I have to do craft some purple dye? Whenever I tap on that, it takes me to the menu for buying a Farmhouse for 3,000 Gold Coins. I'm guessing I have to build another Farmhouse to craft the dye in (I already have 2, though, and something tells me I can only have 2 at my current Level in the game)? Is that right?

I also need to know how to find out what someone's Storm8 ID is so I can invite them to my kingdom (I see it'll also give me 600 Gems I successfully invite someone, so that's a good reason for me to do this). I only see Kingdom names. And speaking of that, I made both my username and my Storm8 ID the same. As that bad? [it's DragonOsman, of course.]

So, anyway, yeah, any help I can get on this would be much appreciated.

Cow hides drop from cows and stables.

Gems drop from: adventures, several trades, Sir Piggie, purple cow, and from dragons occasionally
Also, playing other TL or Storm8 games will net gems after collecting from coin buildings when you install & reach certain levels. I built a few watchtowers &/or Spires and walls to get my points up. Wow, though, that's a lot of royal points! Go for the lowest cash & lantern requirements on expansions first and work your way gradually through them. What level are you?

Purple dye requires purple petals: get them from purple flower (rocket larkspurs) & the purple cow. It's crafted in the potion shop. Have you expanded to the Tree Lady(Ivy)? Her quests unlock the potion shop. Here's another good thread, Dabags goal thread: http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me
The sticky, Castle Story: Game Guide has really great info when starting out.

There's an Add Me thread here for nbrs: http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me

You can post your ID on their wall when you visit someone or just ask if you can be nbrs. I'd like to know how you get 600 gems for adding someone. I have about 60 nbrs & didn't receive a single gem when adding them. Unless it was a goal at the very beginning when starting & I think that was maybe 5 & a one-time reward.
Lots of players have their ID & game name the same so I'd say it's ok.

DragonOsman
11-18-14, 02:49 PM
Cow hides drop from cows and stables.

Gems drop from: adventures, several trades, Sir Piggie, purple cow, and from dragons occasionally
Also, playing other TL or Storm8 games will net gems after collecting from coin buildings when you install & reach certain levels. I built a few watchtowers &/or Spires and walls to get my points up. Wow, though, that's a lot of royal points! Go for the lowest cash & lantern requirements on expansions first and work your way gradually through them. What level are you?

Purple dye requires purple petals: get them from purple flower (rocket larkspurs) & the purple cow. It's crafted in the potion shop. Have you expanded to the Tree Lady(Ivy)? Her quests unlock the potion shop. Here's another good thread, Dabags goal thread: http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me
The sticky, Castle Story: Game Guide has really great info when starting out.

There's an Add Me thread here for nbrs: http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me

You can post your ID on their wall when you visit someone or just ask if you can be nbrs. I'd like to know how you get 600 gems for adding someone. I have about 60 nbrs & didn't receive a single gem when adding them. Unless it was a goal at the very beginning when starting & I think that was maybe 5 & a one-time reward.
Lots of players have their ID & game name the same so I'd say it's ok.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm on Level 8, by the way.

And yeah, it's 5 Gems for adding someone as your neighbor. Is it okay if I want to add you? What's you ID?

Edit: I also made that post in the Add Me thread. It'd be good to have more than one neighbor, no?
Edit2: Alright, I got the Cowhide; I just need the Wood Beams now and I'll be able to upgrade my Cottage. I still need to craft two Earth Wisps and that old-man scholar guy needs that Royal Library. I also need to build a Shining Mine, and those Wisps will be useful, I guess.

meme1098
11-18-14, 04:41 PM
For some goals you'll need to request items from your nbrs. You can receive 20 of this requests back per day. So you might want to have at least 25-30 active nbrs.

Your ID is your forum ID but I have more nbrs than I can keep up with at the moment, sorry.

Jir67
11-19-14, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the tips.

I'm on Level 8, by the way.

And yeah, it's 5 Gems for adding someone as your neighbor. Is it okay if I want to add you? What's you ID?

Edit: I also made that post in the Add Me thread. It'd be good to have more than one neighbor, no?
Edit2: Alright, I got the Cowhide; I just need the Wood Beams now and I'll be able to upgrade my Cottage. I still need to craft two Earth Wisps and that old-man scholar guy needs that Royal Library. I also need to build a Shining Mine, and those Wisps will be useful, I guess.
Feel free to add me as neighbor. I alwais give an answer to help and material request, also if I did't sent gift so often, since I have few ngbr witch I dayly exchange gifts...

DragonOsman
11-19-14, 04:20 AM
I have to find golden items for Sir Pigglesworth (the Baron's quest), and I need to invite friends to an anti-Baron party I'm throwing (hurray!). So any help would be appreciated.