PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Changes for Restaurant Story 2!

FrozenTurtle
11-17-14, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to come clarify a few of the updates that are coming to Restaurant Story 2 in the next week or so. Please note that the changes that you have experienced are only temporary.

When we release the next version (1.4.3), the functionality of your stores (General Store, Bob's Butcher, Veggie Market, etc.) will get a complete overhaul. Here's a preview of the differences between version 1.4.1 and 1.4.3, and how the changes work in the next update.

Current Stores (version 1.4.1)

http://i.imgur.com/gctW0KL.png

In the current version (1.4.1), you have carts to determine the number of ingredients you can purchase at one time. When you upgrade the store, the capacity of the cart increases so you can buy more. Once you are done shopping, you will need to wait for the order to arrive or speed up with Gems before you can shop again. You can visualize this game flow as Order > Wait > Gain Ingredients. But we're changing up this game flow in version 1.4.3 and we think you're going to like it!

New Stores (version 1.4.3)

http://i.imgur.com/ZSMmQm5.png

In the next update (1.4.3), you will have immediate access to all ingredients that you have already unlocked. For each store, you can upgrade the inventory that you stock per ingredient. Once you have purchased all the inventory of an ingredient, you will need to wait for it to restock or speed up with Gems. The ingredients will only restock once all the inventory is out of stock. You can visualize this game flow as Order > Gain Ingredients > Wait.

Current Pantry (version 1.4.1)

http://i.imgur.com/14DmLcFm.png

In the current version, you have one pantry for both your tools and ingredients. Before our changes, the capacity was a bit larger, but that capacity was only for one storage. We received reports that nails were getting into the food, so we updated this feature to ensure we're in compliance with all the health codes.

New Pantry plus Toolbox (version 1.4.3)

http://i.imgur.com/TARw9kS.png http://i.imgur.com/C7CAwa1.png

In the new version, it has now been separated into two (sanitary!) sections: Pantry and Toolbox. There will be a tab on the left side for you to switch between the separate storages. The overall capacity of each has been reduced, but you will have some additional space available for your tools and parts in the new update!

We hope you will all enjoy the new updates! Please remember, the recent downgrades in your stores and pantry are only temporary. Please keep an eye out for the update in the App Store. Thanks again for all your support! Let us know what you think!

orleansparish
11-17-14, 07:23 PM
Do we need to collect more tools to upgrade our ingredients again? Im very slow and am about to burst after eating too many snickerdoodles. Dont judge....

Since this is here, can you tell us coin poor peeps what dishes are on the chateau stove? Pretty please?

beebz28
11-17-14, 08:43 PM
Next week or so? I thought the week was over today ;)

Dishcoteque
11-18-14, 05:31 AM
Will all the parts we collected to upgrade these things be returned to us???

FrozenTurtle
11-18-14, 07:16 PM
Next week or so? I thought the week was over today ;)

The new update should be out within the few days.

Since this is here, can you tell us coin poor peeps what dishes are on the chateau stove? Pretty please?

I'll let other players chime in here. :)

Will all the parts we collected to upgrade these things be returned to us???

The tools that you used to upgrade to your previous levels would be equivalent to the your new upgrade levels.

beebz28
11-19-14, 12:10 PM
Any idea on if the fish market will be back? I really liked it as opposed to the fishing boat.

saamb
11-20-14, 12:57 AM
The new update does make things a lot more promising.

Just wondering why I have to purchase the seafood shop and veggie juice again when I had already brought them. Also wondering if there will be a better way to collect tools? I have only had one construction worker in so far so it doesn't seem to yield much.

beebz28
11-20-14, 12:34 PM
Any idea on if the fish market will be back? I really liked it as opposed to the fishing boat.

Never mind, got it... but I have to go through the whole process again after being at level 6 :(

orleansparish
11-20-14, 01:11 PM
Is the new version here? No one tells me nothing!

orleansparish
11-20-14, 01:36 PM
Never mind, got it... but I have to go through the whole process again after being at level 6 :(

Where's the fish market? All I see is the sign with the fish leading to the docked boat. And all the tools we need to upgrade? How dreadful!

pa_thomp
11-20-14, 05:57 PM
It takes a long, long time for counter space to open up now. I have two orders of baked potatoes and I think it's on 2 seperate counters - which is frustrating. I have about 6 dishes ready and all my counters are used.

pa_thomp
11-20-14, 06:01 PM
Same thing is happening with my mushroom rizzoto. They used to all go together, is this new?

orleansparish
11-20-14, 06:52 PM
It takes a long, long time for counter space to open up now. I have two orders of baked potatoes and I think it's on 2 seperate counters - which is frustrating. I have about 6 dishes ready and all my counters are used.

Same here. Before I could make something and return less than two hours later and the food would be gone. I have seven full counters and 9 appliances ready to go. The only good thing about this change is we don't need to wait for the silly water jug to refill. It goes down and refills itself when we click on it.

I'm still peeved at needing to open the seafood counter again after I had it already AND four slots for the food. This isn't an upgrade. To the food design maybe, not overall.

Imagine playing any other TL game. Dragon for instance, and having them remove you from being level 50 and dropping you down to level 13 and removing all your old dragons because it doesn't come at the level you were placed with now. All those gold, time and effort down the drain.

Clicking on some useless customer that I've only seen once is supposed to take how long, to upgrade my shops? A year?!

beebz28
11-20-14, 07:34 PM
To be able to get parts, we have to look for the construction dude... My eyes are already hurting, this is going to screw our eyes up seriously!

My shopping carts were at 12 at Bob's butcher & fruit and veggie markets, general store at 10 and seafood store at 6... Now I'm downgraded to 6 in everything and to top it off, I have to restore the seafood shop all over again. I now have 2 slots instead of 4 in the open air market.

The timings are still horrible on things like sugar and butter... I don't think anything is better except the water!!!!

I bought a lot of gems to get where I was and now everything is taken away, I feel robbed :(

madamruse
11-21-14, 06:13 AM
I repaired the garden, but can anyone tell me how to get seeds now that the tool shop is gone?! If I have to wait to get them from construction workers, it will take about 2 years! I am still really irritated with these changes!

ditzygypsy2
11-21-14, 06:59 AM
My questions are pretty much the same--and they're still not answered or clarified.

We want to know:
-Where do we get the seeds for the garden? Why have a garden if there are no seeds?

-Can we only get tools from the construction dude who pops in very rarely? Or can we order or buy or make them somehow too?
-Are we really going to have to rebuild the seafood shop again? I mostly paid gems for my seafood store, so building it again is a major unfair ripoff. my case, pay more money for gems to rebuild it or wait 40 years to gather the parts which are randomly selected and rarely given out. We can't even choose what we need!
-Do we and will we really have to be at level 45 to get into the meat and veggie stores. I realize we can get meat and veggies through a recipe, but that doesn't exactly work the same as visiting the store and stocking up.
-Will our basket capacities/upgrades be left at the tiny little capacities they are currently at or will we have our baskets restored to what we worked hard for and/or dug out of our real pockets?
-I had 8 slots in the open market and now have 4 or 5--how is that even remotely fair? Or are we still waiting for all these anomalies to be restored?
Thank you.

pa_thomp
11-21-14, 07:40 AM
Next day and my 11 counters are still all in use. Game is no fun now.

madamruse
11-21-14, 08:03 AM
Next day and my 11 counters are still all in use. Game is no fun now.

You can sell what's on your counter to clear it.

beebz28
11-21-14, 12:22 PM
Nothing sells when I close my iPad... Does this mean that I have to keep using my battery 24 hours?

pa_thomp
11-21-14, 01:40 PM
Is that the only way to make money? I don't really get the concept right now. If I leave the food on the counters and come back, I don't appear to have made any money.

ditzygypsy2
11-24-14, 05:42 AM
Where are the seeds?! Please answer at least one of our questions. Thank you.

giddyjan
11-24-14, 07:08 PM
Are we ever going to get back our upgrades? :mad:

pa_thomp
12-07-14, 11:08 AM
Free quick sells are gone. It costs gems to sell stuff off counters. Do we make money quickly selling dishes or will this take forever?

orleansparish
12-08-14, 06:55 AM
The game still stinks telling by these messages, I see. Bring the old way back! Or make it better by fixing it again!

FrozenTurtle
12-08-14, 11:13 AM
Free quick sells are gone. It costs gems to sell stuff off counters. Do we make money quickly selling dishes or will this take forever?

Sorry about that! Quick sells were never intended to be free. You should always aim for having your Restaurant well-stocked for all your customers. You do make coins off of the quick sells. If you find that you've cooked too much food and you need more counter space, you might have to use your quick sell.

kudukuda
12-11-14, 02:10 AM
Where did the star ratings go???

FrozenTurtle
12-11-14, 11:48 AM
Where did the star ratings go???

Star Ratings have been removed in 1.4.4. Sorry for the confusion!