PDA

View Full Version : Remember when?

eboats
11-16-14, 04:15 PM
It was possible to collect every dragon without spending money? I used to have every dragon in the game, and quit playing right around the time the royal dragons were released. I log in once a week to see how the game is doing, and I see it has gotten to be even more of a money sink. Is there anyone that has every dragon playing still? I imagine it would cost hundreds if not thousands each month to keep up with the releases now. I originally got addicted to trying to collect them all, but sadly its just not possible.

awsumum
11-16-14, 05:44 PM
I have all the dragons, but can't fit all in :( have stables with about 5 dragons, storage has at least 3 and I haven't crafted magma (mining) or steelflare (champion type) as there is no room to house them (but have all the pieces needed to craft them) Over 400 dragons but no homes for all of them. Basically waiting for TL to upgrade diamond/white/Dino.

I'm not the only one in this position, either :( jim23cash and debhutchinson and a few others (but I can't remember names right now) are also having trouble shuffling everyone to fit in. There is a challenge for Stormie to fit all dragons into 104 habitats, but not sure TL is accepting challenge!

PurpleScorpion76
11-16-14, 05:47 PM
If he can create it he should be able to do it. What's the point in creating something we cannot accomplish. 2 saying spring to mind... 'Monkey sees monkey does' Don't do as I do do as I say' kudos to any of you that have every dragon ever available.

LonePudding
11-17-14, 12:41 AM
There's no space for all of them.

eboats
11-17-14, 09:48 AM
Congratulations for being around long enough, and having the will to buy enough gold to fuel your machine. I was in that same spot, but when it went from 2 new dragons a week to added world events/arena/mining I just couldnt keep up short of spending $400 a month. Then the game forced you into buying the gold habitats to house the drags. I didnt mind buying gold for speed breeding, but the other money sinks were just too much for a game where all you do is create a virtual collection. Now I just log in and try to breed Diamonds. Maybe make 104 Diamond habitats. Just got a Black Diamond.

awsumum
11-17-14, 04:25 PM
Congrats on black diamond, sweetie!

Yeah, just waiting on TL to upgrade diamond/dino/white/pink, not sure why it's taking so long :( there are more and more of us unable to house all dragons, it's reaching critical mass (and probably won't be pretty when it gets there!)

JustKay
11-23-14, 09:40 PM
Yes, I remember those days. My MonsterStory account is sort of a frozen snapshot of those times. I have all breeds without spending gold, they all fit, and I even have space to put decorations out and write messages to my visitors using paths and flower boxes. Back then you could get away with logging in once or twice a day to tend to your dragons... now I feel like I have to log on every hour to keep up with what's happening, which means I have to be even more careful because more time in DS = more chances to hitting a gold trap.

freshfunin2008
11-24-14, 09:27 AM
I remember when you could actually play the game with out falling in to gold traps due to lag / latency issues on the server side. When you tap on collect farms you should not have a new screen come up and find out you have just selected to buy something using gold. I didn't tap on buy or go to market because that screen was not the current screen when I tapped twice or three times.

debhutchinson
11-24-14, 06:03 PM
I have all the dragons. I buy $5 of gold every other day for breeding. Most of the time this is sufficient for breeding. As for the 500 gold, 4-dragon habitats. I started buying them from Day 1 using gold I bought on sale. I'd say the most expensive acquisition I bought was the 25-dragon Stable.

eboats
12-10-14, 06:01 PM
I have all the dragons. I buy $5 of gold every other day for breeding. Most of the time this is sufficient for breeding. As for the 500 gold, 4-dragon habitats. I started buying them from Day 1 using gold I bought on sale. I'd say the most expensive acquisition I bought was the 25-dragon Stable.

And how much total have you sunk into this game to have a virtual collection you can't do anything with?

Anaboe
12-11-14, 01:49 PM
I remember when you could actually play the game with out falling in to gold traps due to lag / latency issues on the server side. When you tap on collect farms you should not have a new screen come up and find out you have just selected to buy something using gold. I didn't tap on buy or go to market because that screen was not the current screen when I tapped twice or three times.

I've stepped into a gold-trap 3-4 times since I started playing, lost +/- 50 gold that way (I'm playing for almost 2 years now). It's never been due to server-side lag, always because I was trying to be too quick. The times it's laggy, it's usually due to my own connection, or to my clogged memory: a reboot for the iPad or modem and router usually helps.

And how much total have you sunk into this game to have a virtual collection you can't do anything with?

Don't be so negative. It's not nice to others. Actually, you should be glad that people spent money on the game, because without them, TL would be forced to search for other means of making money, or the game would ceased to exist.

I?ve spent +/- 60 euro on this game, in 2 years. I don't have all the dragons, but I do have 277 unique dragons, and no shortage on habitats yet (96 out of 130).

I'm impressed to see people spend this much money on this game. Would never do it myself, because to me it's also a kick to get dragons without buying. A bought dragon to me is less worth than a dragon I got through dedication and hard work. That's why I despice the Spin-the-Wheel: it's just total luck.

eboats
12-12-14, 06:44 PM
I've stepped into a gold-trap 3-4 times since I started playing, lost +/- 50 gold that way (I'm playing for almost 2 years now). It's never been due to server-side lag, always because I was trying to be too quick. The times it's laggy, it's usually due to my own connection, or to my clogged memory: a reboot for the iPad or modem and router usually helps.

Don't be so negative. It's not nice to others. Actually, you should be glad that people spent money on the game, because without them, TL would be forced to search for other means of making money, or the game would ceased to exist.

I?ve spent +/- 60 euro on this game, in 2 years. I don't have all the dragons, but I do have 277 unique dragons, and no shortage on habitats yet (96 out of 130).

I'm impressed to see people spend this much money on this game. Would never do it myself, because to me it's also a kick to get dragons without buying. A bought dragon to me is less worth than a dragon I got through dedication and hard work. That's why I despice the Spin-the-Wheel: it's just total luck.

Breeding is total luck as well. It's no different from the wheel. I am just wondering how people justify the money investment for those that have spent hundreds/thousands. In most other games you are able to do things with in game purchases. In this game you simply assemble an in game collection. Collectors like to complete their collections. It is not possible to complete the collection in this game without buying better habitats, speeding up event stuff, and speed breeding. Pretty much every aspect of this game requires cash if you want a complete collection. All dragons can't even currently be housed, and you can't really design an island anymore because space is so limited. The islands with tons of dragons are just habitats jammed together, and lack any sort of unique layout. It's also frustrating that you quickly reach a point where the coins your dragons generate become meaningless. There was a time long ago where coins mattered.