PDA

View Full Version : The name of our restaurant, is that our storm8 ID?

Ilovetodesign
11-16-14, 12:16 AM
I guess that would cause some comfusion.
When we click the tab, in RS, and BS, etc,, yes, next to the Avatar,
you can change the Name of your Restaurant.
Is that our storm8 ID?

I put the password for this, Ilovetodesign, which if I hit logout on the top of here, in the forums, it seems to let me back in just fine.

Thanks,
Amy

carabellexo
11-16-14, 02:27 AM
I guess that would cause some comfusion.
When we click the tab, in RS, and BS, etc,, yes, next to the Avatar,
you can change the Name of your Restaurant.
Is that our storm8 ID?

I put the password for this, Ilovetodesign, which if I hit logout on the top of here, in the forums, it seems to let me back in just fine.

Thanks,
Amy

Yeah that's your restaurant name, you can change that for 10 gems. Your storm id can be found in the social where you add neighbours, you can change that by emailing support.

LavaRain8
11-16-14, 07:50 AM
Your storm ID will be whatever it is on the forums, even if you change it through support. I changed my storm id from what it originally was and it was automatically updated on here some time after. My restaurant name remained unchanged.

Ilovetodesign
11-16-14, 06:50 PM
What will happen if someone else changes it?
A tech or someone who does not understand this, they don't play the Game.

When trying to get help doing Remote Access one time, the guy did things like this.
Renamed a bunch of things, files. Which is one big reason, I had to get rid of a computer.
Kept coming up with warning messages about index files missing.
This message was not coming up before he began doing that.

Some of them do not listen and do things anyways. I tried several times to stop him from doing this,
and same with another tech deleted files for my scanner really fast.
He just came in and sat down in front of the computer, and hit delete.
So, that broke my scanner. Only thing that was wrong that time, the whole machine was locked up.
Since I am not sitting there, I can't see what he deleted. So, do not know how to find the name of the file.
Same may happen when they take things and bring it back, can't see what they are doing.

Is there any reason why accounts work on other devices around the house, but when they bring the machine back, you can no longer get into accounts using the machine? I was able to login to them just fine before they took it. It will say that my password is wrong.
DVDs, and even CDs that worked before also sometimes seem to not anymore.

Also, thought that things would not work anymore, but looks like it is. For some reason, I seem to get points for visiting the ones I began on the Kindles. Even lets me send gifts.
Is this because of being able to access on more than one device? While trying to figure out if the new iPad is even working properly, thought I would see what and help to understand what maybe happening.
I seem to be able to still play on the older iPad. Seems like maybe is saving the progress, and showing up on both.

One of my relatives and others who do not live near me, are trying to help the best. Saying, whenever needing something fixed, they look on the Internet or take it to a local repair shop. Asked if we have an Apple Store. No, only a Computer Repair.
Once we leave both possibly, so they can help transfer things, there is no way to see what they are doing.
Some of the things they seem to mess up, is handicap software and stuff setup.
I try and set it back up, and not having much luck.
Trying to type, hitting the keys and using the mouse take more physical energy than before. Some settings even have to do with havimg to press more than one button at a time.
Since others live in the house, not sure if they could be doing things somehow maybe in the wrong account.
Seems like if you do Remote Access, they can Access others, through the router. Some of the files they were backing up, were from my Mom. Photos and all from places that only she purchases things from were in the list.

Thank for the help,
Amy

ElaineCarrel
11-17-14, 05:36 PM
Hopefully ur the only person that can chg ur TL information. I say that bcuz all the info for these games is stored on the TL servers. Wouldn't ur tech person have to b familiar w the games and TL. Y has something happened to make u think someone's messing w ur games?

Ilovetodesign
11-17-14, 11:42 PM
My Mom purchased the lifetime support thing.
In order to help they are connected to your devices, Internet, all of that.
Which yes, other people live here, and other devices that use the whole Internet itself.
So, yes, still able to use email everything that is already installed on the devices.

Still don't know the answer, a couple of times recently, and a lot, have to hit reset on the router. But yes due to the floods, had 2 Internet Providers, paying for 2 Services, and somehow, someone was able to cancel the whole thing. They could not even find our account when calling. That was why, someone cancelled it. Then just the other day again now that we are home, our Internet was shut off, not paying the bill was why.
We are receiving email and Internet just fine. So, yes, same email address etc... Seems to work when we go in iTunes, the App Store.
In the apartment we were temporarly in, we were even getting mail for the people who lived there before.

So, not sure what all of that does for stuff. Maybe somehow resetting or changing some of the stuff.
Another place one time got me and my Mom accounts mixed up in the past. They use your home phone number, even though we both have our own Account number. Of course since we live together, just paid each other back when something like that happens.

We have had problems in the past with when they bring whatever it is back, we can no longer get things working again, even things that were still working before they even took things and bring back. Saying they found viruses and spyware and removed them.
The accounts are working just fine, since using just fine on other devices we still have, but for some reason, I am locked out, saying the password is wrong.
So then I end up losing friends and other important things. Some of the things one of them did was causing things to not function right, for stuff I needed to work for a class I was taking online. It kept disabling things and blocking popups and other things.
Some things are to do with handicap, disabilities settings and other features.
Changing or updating things such as the Operating System causes some of these things no longer to work.
Which it looks like on this iPad and the new one which still not sure if things are working properly. When my Mom was trying to setup the new iPad, not sure what would happen, maybe a new account to be created and begins saving information. The spell checker kept changing the first letter in our last name from an R to a T.
Pictures and other things that are on the old iPad are for some reason not showing up on the new one. Same happened with the Kindles. Caused me to lose the Halloween Version of Bakery Story. Although they still for some reason show up as neighbors on the iPad, even giving points for visiting and lets me send gifts. Not sure where they are going, or does TeamLava play? Maybe just to keep other neighbors from losing points from those accounts, is all I can think of.

Tried to get help from the Kindle techs, when still had them, and they said to start the games from the beginning. So, they seem to not play the Games, or they would know we are locked out of things, already completed and purchased.
Right now with the keyboard on the old iPad and same on the new one, something is messing with like how much force needed to type. Due to handicaps, I am in more pain.
Then last night, when my Mom was messing with the new one, something maybe started trying to update the OS on it and also changed the language from English to Spanish. Not sure how that will affect things. I don't know what my storm8 ID or other things would even be in a different language.
I guess I could try looking that up someday, but maybe not, it may somehow damage something. Especially if English and everything else is now in whatever language.

Thank you very much for all the help with things,
Amy