PDA

View Full Version : How To Tell if Neighbors Are Still Active Players?

HelloAnnieSmiles
11-15-14, 07:56 PM
Hi guys! I've been playing DS for about 4-5 months. I'm at Level 64, and I'd like to remove neighbors who have stopped playing. No sense in sending map requests to people who don't see them, right?

With Restaurant and Bakery Story, it's easy to see someone is no longer active because they have no food on the stoves (or the food is rotten). With Dragon Story, it seems a bit harder to tell.

So, do you have any tips for removing inactive neighbors -- or telltale signs that someone has stopped playing?

LonePudding
11-16-14, 02:05 AM
This is not true for everyone because some active neighbours simply don't visit, but a 0-egg social rating COULD be a sign.

jus7_me89
11-16-14, 03:05 AM
you cannot tell for sure unless you ask them. i have plenty of neighbors with 0 social rating but they still play DS and respond to my maps requests and trade gold. i also want to remove those players who quit DS but it's a pain in the []because i have almost 400 neighbours. at least half of them quit playing the game.

HelloAnnieSmiles
11-16-14, 07:20 AM
Yes! I feel the same way. I have a 0 egg rating because I (unfortunately) don't have time to visit my neighbors. However, I play every day, respond to requests every day, and I gift back gold. To someone just visiting my island, I might look like an inactive player, but I'm definitely not.

As far as I can tell, there's just no good way to know who's playing and who is not playing. I've looked to see if people aren't breeding, but that's no good, because there are plenty of days when I'm playing but not breeding. It's hard to tell by eggs in the nest, because someone could have abandoned the game during incubation and never returned.

Like you, I have a LOT of neighbors, and going through them all is difficult. I almost wonder if the best way to manage them would be to keep the neighbors you KNOW are playing, delete everyone else, and start again?

belbar22
11-16-14, 08:29 AM
I look at whether they have any of the recent dragons and there are some people who never level up so I eventually delete them.

orleansparish
11-16-14, 09:09 AM
Recent dragons are an indicator or what they're breeding with. If you see nothing new, then most likely they've stopped playing. My rating has been zero for months upon months. But I play everyday. Can't be bothered with such foolishness, since all my chatting buddies are just checking in to breed and grow food too.

saghaven
11-16-14, 10:07 AM
I look at whether they have any of the recent dragons and there are some people who never level up so I eventually delete them.

That's how I know too. I don't visit because I don't have time but if I gift gold and respond to requests on both my accounts every day. If a player's level hasn't moved in a while I check out the island and if I don't see any recent dragons around, I figure they've likely stopped playing.

PurpleScorpion76
11-18-14, 06:55 AM
Recent dragons wouldn't necessarily be a great indicator as we all know some try and try and never get anywhere. I'm currently running my own game as I'm trying to get the main types to then breed whichever type. The only way to indicate I'm a regular player is gifting of gold, sending and responding to requests and I'm levelling up. In that case i'd expect a message on my board asking if I'm still playing.

saghaven
11-18-14, 10:07 AM
When I mean recent I mean like world event dragons if they're iOS players. If they're not, then it's a bit harder to tell.

freshfunin2008
11-18-14, 11:07 AM
It would be nice if TL could do something about that but lets admit they can barely keep the game running and the developers have other issues that are more pressing. Like solving the problem why so many people are leaving the game.

JustKay
11-18-14, 10:16 PM
I sometimes check their wall. If they're inactive, then they usually won't come up in community lists and their neighbours will have stopped visiting. Their most recent comment will be months or a year ago.

Personally, I fully expanded so I've deleted virtually all my neighbours except for the ones I know for certain I got map requests from recently and those gifting gold to me. It is massively slow deleting neighbours btw. I think TL don't like social connections being cut so the processing takes a several seconds. it's worth it though since my neighbour list now loads super fast :D