PDA

View Full Version : Answered Team Lava - Please can we have instructions for the Thanksgiving Event

ciarjen
11-15-14, 07:56 AM
This event is very confusing without instructions, please help us to understand the game.

Do we need to complete the 2 day goals to get the pets?

What happens if we let the 2 day goals expire?

Do we get the same prizes if we do either the 2 day goals or the 17 day goals?

What happens if we upgrade a float before we get a goal for it?

Thanks

minidemon88
11-15-14, 12:16 PM
BUMP!

Dear TL, we need an answer for this confusing event please! :(

ciarjen
11-15-14, 01:43 PM
Since writing this it has become apparent that there are bugs with the event with some goals missing.

Please advise us soon what we are supposed to do with these 2 day goals as the timer is ticking down on them.

JzKalika
11-15-14, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone, sorry for the event being confusing! Here are the instructions on how the event works, and please feel free to ask if you have more questions:

1. Choose to craft either Pilgrim Bonnet or Pilgrim hat to help out either Morgan or Jed - you can only craft one!
2. As soon as the craft starts, you will unlock the quest line for helping the character you choose and you will have until the end of the event to complete the next series of quests
3. As soon as the craft is complete and you collect it, you will unlocks the quest line for helping the character you did NOT choose. However, this quest line will be more difficult due to higher time constraints (you will have 2 days to complete each subsequent task in this chain)
4. Complete the full quest chain to receive the pet at the end - this means it is possible to get both! But the quest for the character you did not choose to help will be more difficult to complete

panix
11-15-14, 02:44 PM
I am trying to complete Morgan's float, and I upgraded it to level three, but it isn't showing in my goal book. It is just giving me the option to buy the float, and when I click on that, it takes me to my level 3 float... But it still doesn't register in my goal book. Please fix this?

ciarjen
11-15-14, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone, sorry for the event being confusing! Here are the instructions on how the event works, and please feel free to ask if you have more questions:

1. Choose to craft either Pilgrim Bonnet or Pilgrim hat to help out either Morgan or Jed - you can only craft one!
2. As soon as the craft starts, you will unlock the quest line for helping the character you choose and you will have until the end of the event to complete the next series of quests
3. As soon as the craft is complete and you collect it, you will unlocks the quest line for helping the character you did NOT choose. However, this quest line will be more difficult due to higher time constraints (you will have 2 days to complete each subsequent task in this chain)
4. Complete the full quest chain to receive the pet at the end - this means it is possible to get both! But the quest for the character you did not choose to help will be more difficult to complete

Thanks for the reply. Well that explains the situation that I find myself in with the game. NOt knowing what was going on I am part way through the 2 day quest and it looks like I am going to be wasting all these resources. I thought it was a glitch actually and it would be fixed.

Other people have 17 day quests for both characters. I believe it was because they were able to craft both hats. How is that possible ?

FridayFarms
11-15-14, 05:15 PM
I was able to craft both hats and now have both floats and two sets of 2 day goals and two 17 day goals.

Talk about confusing!!!

judyandthecat
11-15-14, 05:27 PM
Yikes ciarjen I did the exact same thing was given the two day quest for Jed and the 17 day quest for Morgan. I just thought when I gave stuff to Jed the time would increase or that it was a glitch. I would of not wasted my supplies to Jed!

mymummy789
11-15-14, 06:04 PM

This is so flawed it is unbelievable!!!! I was able to craft both hats. I now have four goals - 2 each for Morgan and jed, each with a 2 or 14 day timer. I have opted to do the 2 day morgan quest, mistakenly thinking if I did the longer quest I would not be able to do the other quest line. Now you are saying I should do the 14 day quest instead!!!!!

I now have no idea which quest to carry on with, and to top it all, the second part of my Morgan quest is not registering the upgrade to my float. Instead it gives me the option to buy one. I already have 2 of the darn things. How many more do I need!!!

When will you learn NOT to start these quests on a Friday!

krystyna19
11-15-14, 06:43 PM
I also crafted both hats, started both floats. I have two goals for each person and 2nd upgrade is not showing up. I was only working on the 16 day goals. HELP please. Maybe should have had clearer directions at the beginning? User id ehbrma, level 46. Farm name Knock Grena.

mymummy789
11-16-14, 02:27 AM
I was really really hoping that when I got up this morning someone from TL would have responded. But no. So now I have no idea what do do. I have a feeling that whichever quest I continue with it will turn out to be the wrong one :(

EDIT - I have decided to ignore both 2 day quests, and concentrate on Morgan's 14 day quest, as I would rather have the cat at the end than the dog. Yes, it hurts that I now have to make 5 more flower garlands but so be it.

I am not bothering to email support because by the time someone gets round to looking at it I will have lost days.

I would just like to add that at no point did I see anything to say I should only help one person. Both quests popped up at the same time, and as I had two spaces free In my studio I made both hats. You really need to make it clear that a choice has to be made in future.

ciarjen
11-16-14, 03:27 AM
I was really really hoping that when I got up this morning someone from TL would have responded. But no. So now I have no idea what do do. I have a feeling that whichever quest I continue with it will turn out to be the wrong one :(

EDIT - I have decided to ignore both 2 day quests, and concentrate on Morgan's 14 day quest, as I would rather have the cat at the end than the dog. Yes, it hurts that I now have to make 5 more flower garlands but so be it.

I am not bothering to email support because by the time someone gets round to looking at it I will have lost days.

I would just like to add that at no point did I see anything to say I should only help one person. Both quests popped up at the same time, and as I had two spaces free In my studio I made both hats. You really need to make it clear that a choice has to be made in future.

Although it seems that a lot of players got lucky with the glitch and were able to get a 17 day goal for both Jed and Morgan, it looks like the game is not recognising upgrades on the floats in these goals. You are not the first person to say they have a problem with this. They are going to have to fix it but I doubt it will be done today.

Sandeuro
11-16-14, 03:49 AM
I also crafted both hats, started both floats. I have two goals for each person and 2nd upgrade is not showing up. I was only working on the 16 day goals. HELP please. Maybe should have had clearer directions at the beginning? User id ehbrma, level 46. Farm name Knock Grena.

Me too. It's really hard work.

Sandeuro
11-16-14, 03:51 AM
I have the 2 day quests (2) and the longer ones. It's seems that as soon as you finish a 2 day quests, tHe longer quests changes into a 2 days quest and then a new long quest shows up.

Btw, I have 2 more floats in the cellar.

Lisalive23
11-16-14, 05:06 AM
I didn't receive the Thanksgiving quest, how do I get it? My neighbors are sending me turkeys and cornucopia, cant do anything with them!

kooky panda
11-16-14, 11:00 AM
This event is very confusing without instructions, please help us to understand the game.

Do we need to complete the 2 day goals to get the pets?

What happens if we let the 2 day goals expire?

Do we get the same prizes if we do either the 2 day goals or the 17 day goals?

What happens if we upgrade a float before we get a goal for it?

Thanks

Questions has been answered. For further discussions on the Event, please use the current thread.
Thanksgiving Parade Event 11-14 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?75067-Thanksgiving-Parade-Event-11-14)