PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 11/13/14: The Faerie Skunkhouse

Pages : [1] 2

[S8] Buttercup
11-13-14, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone!

This week's update is a new gem item available for purchase in the Market, the Faerie Skunkhouse! This pint-sized home for Ivy's favorite pet drops Rat Tails, Fur, Creep Teeth, and various crops that young skunkupines like to eat.

The item is available to players 13 and up, and the associated quests are available to players who have completed quests No Place Like Home (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71521-Castle-Story-7-31-14-Update-Plume-Hive) and Young, Wild, and Free (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64259-Castle-Story-Update-01-16-2014-Pet-Skunkupine). As usual, the update will be live at 12PM PST today.

Enjoy!

leekabean78
11-13-14, 12:50 PM
Thanks!! ;)

Envoy to the Plume Hive > Castle-1 Day Barracks-2 Days
3 Allergy Potion. 5 Fish sandwiches. 1 Faerie Gift.

This is a permanent set of Goals, but it is not required to purchase the Faerie Skunkhouse with Gems. If you don't want to complete it, you can just let the Goal "Faerie Skunkhouse" expire and that's fine. It won't prevent you from being able to complete future Goals that are part of the storyline.

Reported drops:
Fur
Coins
Rat tails
Creep tooth
Wheat
Sugar cane
Corn
Tomatoes

The Faerie Skunkhouse

1. An Unfortunate Smell Rewards 410 coin 3xp
. USE Desmelling Potion x5 GIVE (skip 25g)
. Get Skunkupine Essence x5 -from skunkupines (skip 20g)
Note:
Desmelling Potion:Potion Shop craft 10 minutes. 5 Fellora Blossom, 3 Water. 1 Skunkupine Essence *Disappears from Potion Shop when quest completed.
Skunkupines>triggered from collecting - from flowers; crops-corn, etc; chop skunkupine trap; Skunkupine Trap: buy at Market 5 gems (chop to trigger skunkupine appearance)

2. An Outdoor Abode Rewards: 1,800 coin 5xp
. Get Ivy out of the house x2 GO (skip 10g)
(Take her to the Market- reset 22hrs.)
. Measure the space x2 GO (skip 10g)
(Go to Ivy?s Hut!-reset 12hrs.)
. Head to the Plume Hive x1 GO (skip 10g)
(Adventure 1 day from Castle; 2 days from Barracks)

3. The Faerie Skunkhouse Rewards: 20 gem 5xp
. Collect from a Faerie Skunkhouse x1 GO
Note: Goal - Timed 5 Days
Purchase from Market>Special 160 gems reset 6hrs. Size-1 square
Drops> Rat Tails, Fur, and other items.

4. Animal Accomodations Rewards: 1,800 coin 5xp
. GIVE Chew Toys x4 GO (skip 20g)
.Line the floor with soft wool x20 GIVE (skip 40g)
Note:
Chew Toy: Workshop craft 1hr. 4 cow hide. 1 fish *Disappears from Workshop when quest completed.
Wool: drop from> adult sheep or stables

5. Trouble Sleeping Rewards: 410 coin 3xp
. GIVE Warm Milk x5 GIVE (skip 20g)
. Put Breaded Fish in the Skunkhouse x3 GIVE (skip 15g)
Note:
Warm Milk: Kitchen craft 5 minutes. 3 milk *Disappears from Kitchen when quest completed.
Breaded Fish: Kitchen craft 1hr. 10 fish. 2 bread; may drop from>Sir Piggy, Royal Exchange: Dairy and Egg Exchange

6. Bringing up Baby Rewards: 410 coin 3xp
. Collect from the Faerie Skunkhouse x2 GO (skip 10g)
Note: Faerie Skunkhouse reset 6 hours.

End of the Faerie Skunkhouse quests.

Quests:

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16684&d=1415910828 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16684&d=1415910828)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16685&d=1415910952 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16685&d=1415910952)

jim23cash
11-13-14, 12:52 PM
Yay! Thank you! :D

PurpleScorpion76
11-13-14, 12:52 PM
Woop woop! I'm level 44 and have Pepe. No idea if I have completed those quests. I would imagine so !

dolla525
11-13-14, 01:01 PM
Did I see that right.. Is the pint house is for gems.. I dont have enough gems to purchase anything.. Hope its not a Gem item..

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:01 PM
Woop woop! I'm level 44 and have Pepe. No idea if I have completed those quests. I would imagine so !

Do you have the plume hive? Tap the link above (it's red). The other goal isn't so not sure which it is but surely related to the faerie story line.

katbtodd
11-13-14, 01:04 PM
So that's it ..a new item ,not sure if that really counts as an up date , thanks but no thanks

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:04 PM
Nothing here ... What triggers the associated quests?

sunnygirl634
11-13-14, 01:05 PM
Buttercup;1001606']

... and the associated quests are available to players who have completed quests No Place Like Home (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71521-Castle-Story-7-31-14-Update-Plume-Hive) and Young, Wild, and Free. As usual, the update will be live at noon today.

Enjoy!

So are there quests to earn this item or is it purchase only? Because I don't have any new quests in my book and I have completed all of them. Anyone else having trouble?

PurpleScorpion76
11-13-14, 01:05 PM
Do you have the plume hive? Tap the link above (it's red). The other goal isn't so not sure which it is but surely related to the faerie story line.

Nope. No update for me then. :( oh well looks like Greseldas going to get her statue.

zenobia42
11-13-14, 01:06 PM
It's really cute! At least in the shop. Haven't looked to see if any of my neighbors have it yet. I'm pretty much never low on any of the items it drops, though, so I doubt I will be shelling out 160 gems just for the cuteness of it. Hope to see it in a neighboring kingdom soon, though. :)

Castloninian
11-13-14, 01:07 PM
Huh? So only if you buy that thing will you get some new quests? I don't want to buy it, as I have no need for whatever it drops. No quests came up so I guess that's it again for me this week. Glad I'd saved my adventure, two wizard schools, one energy trade :)

PurpleScorpion76
11-13-14, 01:07 PM
Thats weird it's not locked by goal in my market.

HistoryGirl7
11-13-14, 01:08 PM
I was hoping this was going to be an actual update instead of just a gem item. Sorry to whine =(

leekabean78
11-13-14, 01:09 PM
Wait, I'm kinda confused.... I signed into cs & no quest came up, so I looked in featured & it shows something new to buy but is that it??? Is there a quest or not?

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:09 PM
We need some clarification please, Buttercup ....

Do the associated quests only show up if you make the purchase????

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:11 PM
Wait...no quests??! Do you have to buy the thing for the quests to start?

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:12 PM
Lol, this doesn't even make sense ... You can purchase it at level 13 but you don't get quests til after finishing faerie stuff ... But no quests are showing up so .... HUH!?! Lol

jim23cash
11-13-14, 01:12 PM
We need some clarification please, Buttercup ....

Do the associated quests only show up if you make the purchase????

I purchased the Faery Skunkupine house, and still got no associated quests...

claupu
11-13-14, 01:13 PM
I just bought it. It comes fully built and has a recharging time of 6 hours. No quests so far.

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:14 PM
Wait. What time is it in Cali? ... 12:14pm right? Lol

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:14 PM
I purchased the Faery Skunkupine house, and still got no associated quests...

So wonder where are 'the associated quests' ?

kudukuda
11-13-14, 01:15 PM
Stayed up barely for this after a rough week... Very disappointed, ok, just mildly disappointed, since didn't really expect much.
I miss aggwynne.
Off to sleep.

claupu
Hm, now I sped it up to see what happens. Nothing. I got 3 rat tails and 2 wheat. Still waiting for the quests. Is there a bug?

meme1098
Wait. What time is it in Cali? ... 12:14pm right? Lol

Yep...but that's when stuff rolls off the presses, right?

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:18 PM
Yep...but that's when stuff rolls off the presses, right?
Yep, usually ... I was just checking to make sure lol.
Methinks there's maybe a bug

napertown
This is really stupid. After all of this time waiting and people ranting and raving about the fact we've had no updates and no expansions, this is it? I wanted out of this game last week, but I kept going in hopes of an update. And now they want me to spend gems (and real money) to buy some skunk house that doesn't give me anything. Last straw. Later Kingdom neighbors.

fluffybutter007
Takes up only one square.

Hopefully this cute, but underwhelming update will be followed by an awesome Thanksgiving related update next week. :)

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:19 PM
Yep, usually ... I was just checking to make sure lol.
Methinks there's maybe a bug

Oh, great. Just what we need. Lol

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 01:19 PM
Buttercup;1001606']Hi everyone!

This week's update is a new gem item available for purchase in the Market, the Faerie Skunkhouse! This pint-sized home for Ivy's favorite pet drops Rat Tails, Fur, Creep Teeth, and various crops that young skunkupines like to eat.

The item is available to players 13 and up, and the associated quests are available to players who have completed quests No Place Like Home (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71521-Castle-Story-7-31-14-Update-Plume-Hive) and Young, Wild, and Free. As usual, the update will be live at noon today.

Enjoy!

No place like home is in the Plume Hive adventure.
young, wild and Free is the last goal in the Pepe Skunk goals.

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:20 PM
That's good but no ones seeing goals at all, Spirit.. Are we off time-wise?

Gonna go force close for the 5th time & see if anything pops up.

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:21 PM
Yeah and those of us who have completed those are getting nothing, so ..... Bug??

dragon2046
11-13-14, 01:21 PM
I just bought it. It comes fully built and has a recharging time of 6 hours. No quests so far.

I didn't get any quests either. I used gems to speed up the skunkupine house but I didn't get any quests just some sugarcane. I think it sounds like it drops the same things as the skunkupines. As far as the quests I don't think there is any.

jim23cash
11-13-14, 01:22 PM

But what are the "associated Quests" available to those who have completed those goals?
Thank you, Annie

Queenzod
11-13-14, 01:22 PM

This does sound like there's supposed to be associated quests with today's update, not that the associated quests were previous ones. Hence the confusion from players expecting quests today. However, it does appear that today's update is the new skunk house in the market and that's it. Can you verify? Thanks so much!

reliquary
11-13-14, 01:24 PM
Why would a high level player who has reached the plum hive adventures need this?

zenobia42
11-13-14, 01:25 PM
I have completed No Place Like Home and Young, Wild, and Free.

I do not have a new quest in my goals, despite restarting the game a few times in the last 25 minutes since the quest was supposedly going live.

Mylania
11-13-14, 01:26 PM
That's good but no ones seeing goals at all, Spirit.. Are we off time-wise?

Gonna go force close for the 5th time & see if anything pops up.

It is 12:25 PDT, which is TL time and mine. No quests yet for me either, just the gem item in market. I am done with all quests, have been since before Halloween, so it should trigger. Maybe need to hit the right house? I try not to touch anything on Thursday mornings.

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:26 PM
This does sound like there's supposed to be associated quests with today's update, not that the associated quests were previous ones. Hence the confusion from players expecting quests today. However, it does appear that today's update is the new skunk house in the market and that's it. Can you verify? Thanks so much!

Oh, poopies. Very misleading. "associated quests" are referring to the previous quests you need to have completed not new ones being released. SMH!!!!
Oh Great Binky, you have solved the mystery of the missing quest.

zenobia42
11-13-14, 01:27 PM
Why would a high level player who has reached the plum hive adventures need this?

LOL - that is a VERY good point. I don't need any of the things it drops. A few months ago, LONG before I unlocked the Plume Hive adventure, they might have been useful.

Now, if it dropped faerie building supplies, bonbons, teacakes and jewelled hairpins, the things everyone who is at the stage of the game this quest supposedly is active, THEN I'd consider buying it.

jim23cash
11-13-14, 01:28 PM
Oh, poopies. Very misleading. "associated quests" are referring to the previous quests you need to have completed not new ones being released. SMH!!!!

I don't know, it doesn't read like that to me...
It seems like she's saying there will be quests.

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:28 PM
Oh Great Binky, you have solved the mystery of the missing quest.
But no one at level 13 is even close to those quests and it's available to them, so ...huh?? I'm missing something. Lol

jptheripper
11-13-14, 01:30 PM
Sorry but this is very disappointing. After a long wait. Nothing useful, fun, or challenging.

meme1098
I don't know, it doesn't read like that to me...
It seems like she's saying there will be quests.

But no one at level 13 is even close to those quests and it's available to them, so ...huh?? I'm missing something. Lol

True...ok, what's going on here? :confused:;)

zenobia42
Just got a quest!

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:31 PM
Can we please get someone from TL to clarify this confusion, pleeeeease?
(I really need to collect from my queendom if it's just something to buy w/no "associated quests")

...edit .... Nevermind, it just popped up, finally! :)

susbebe
11-13-14, 01:31 PM
There is no quest just a new gem item. I don't need it but think it's sweet, but very small lol

dolla525
11-13-14, 01:32 PM
i got the new quest "An unfortunate Smell"

zenobia42
11-13-14, 01:32 PM
An Unfortunate Smell

Use Desmelling Potion x5 (Potion Shop, 10 minutes: 5 fellora blossoms, 3 water, 1 Skunkupine Essence)
Get Skunkupine Essence x5 (Beat up Skunkupines for this!)

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:33 PM
Just got a quest!

Yea...just popped up:

An unfortunate smell.

Me thinks someone forgot to press the button...lol

sunnygirl634
11-13-14, 01:33 PM
Just got a quest!

Me too!. Force close guys and try again. It's there now.

fluffybutter007
11-13-14, 01:34 PM
First goal:

GiselleX16
I also just got a quest - "An Unfortunate Smell". First step is to Use Desmelling Potion (need 5; make in the Potion Shop) and to Get Skunkupine Essence (need 5; beat up skunkupines for this). Desmelling potion takes 5 Fellora plants, 3 water, and 1 Skunkupine Essence.

Queenzod
The quest just popped up 1/2 hour late. Unfortunately, I just started cooking things in my potion shop so now I have to wait two hours. Can you guys get these things out on time in the future? Thanks!

Mylania
An Unfortunate Smell

Use Desmelling Potion x5 (Potion Shop, 10 minutes: 5 fellora blossoms, 3 water, 1 Skunkupine Essence)
Get Skunkupine Essence x5 (Beat up Skunkupines for this!)

Did you do something to trigger it? Still none for me.

jptheripper
11-13-14, 01:35 PM
I take it all back, new quests!

meme1098
Did you do something to trigger it? Still none for me.

Force close...it should pop up then..

CLOVERKAITO
I got the "an unfortunate smell" quest and I think it's probably triggered by visiting Ivy's Hut (and I have finished every goals in the goal book already before this one so I fulfilled whatever pre-requisites this one needed). No I didn't buy the 160 gems item cuz I don't need those drops.

55lee55
11-13-14, 01:36 PM
This is the long awaited "Update"

Seems like it gives you what Pepe drops. Not much help to those of us who don't need Pepe's drops. I quit clicking on Pepe long ago because I am full of items he drops. This is a cute but expensive item. Might be worth 5 gold at most in my opinion. For those who have extra hems and are at an early enough stage of the game where Pepe's drops are important, things might look differently. It might be worth it. I am way past that point. This looks like the Update those in the mid levels wnted. Enjoy if you can use it because it does only take one square amd is cute!

Am I the only one disappointed, especially after the announcement that we would be given Sneak Peeks about updates? Probably.

To me this is more of an addition to the Market. Apparently there is something of a quest, but it looks like I missed it. Yawn.

Good thing I didn't add gems before the "Update ". This is a good lesson to me. I will make sure not to add gems until after I see if the Update applies to me. I don't even have a quest book. Bring back Sister, Sister!

Castloninian
The quest just popped up 1/2 hour late. Unfortunately, I just started cooking things in my potion shop so now I have to wait two hours. Can you guys get these things out on time in the future? Thanks!

It could be worse. You could have just used up all your energy (including a bonus 50 from pink ali!!!!) and started to cook two magic cements in the potion shop. Haha, it's so sad it is actually funny. Don't really care as it is not time limited. Just glad there is something new to do, well, tomorrow :)

meme1098
I got the "an unfortunate smell" quest and I think it's probably triggered by visiting Ivy's Hut (and I have finished every goals in the goal book already before this one so I fulfilled whatever pre-requisites this one needed). No I didn't buy the 160 gems item cuz I don't need those drops.

I just force closed & it popped up...didn't collect from anything yet

claupu
So if we can build this pethouse now, can I please get my gems back? I only bought it, bc I wanted to trigger the quests. I'm quite mad right now :mad:.

Lavendah42
11-13-14, 01:37 PM
so glad I spent the week stocking up on Fellora blossoms!

leekabean78
11-13-14, 01:37 PM
What are some of the things that trigger skunkupines? Thanks

jptheripper
11-13-14, 01:38 PM
Lovecupines don't count. I was out of felora plants, so two days wait for me to find some skunks

zenobia42
It could be worse. You could have just used up all your energy (including a bonus 50 from pink ali!!!!) and started to cook two magic cements in the potion shop. Haha, it's so sad it is actually funny. Don't really care as it is not time limited. Just glad there is something new to do, well, tomorrow :)

Sorry, but that is really funny. Not super glues, not builder's pastes, not even architect's pastes - magic cements. Like you said, it doesn't matter because it's not limited time. But, sorry. And I'm glad you can laugh about it, too. :)

fluffybutter007

Corn, sugarcane, wheat, flowers...

zenobia42
11-13-14, 01:39 PM

Harvesting short-time crops, and collecting from flowers are what I usually do to try to trigger skunkupines.

I just planted some corn I really don't need. Since my flower petals are almost all maxed.

Lavendah42
11-13-14, 01:39 PM
the quest is not triggered by visiting Ivy's Hut, mine is still on 3hrs cooldown till I can collect from it again. I had been regulraly force-closing and opening the game sinc ethe top of the hour, but busy time of the day for me so was launching the game and walking out of the room to do other things. Came back a few minutes ago to the first screen of conversation up so doesn't seem like you have to collect from anything

leekabean78
11-13-14, 01:42 PM
Thank you :)

jodi0122
11-13-14, 01:44 PM
This is really stupid. After all of this time waiting and people ranting and raving about the fact we've had no updates and no expansions, this is it? I wanted out of this game last week, but I kept going in hopes of an update. And now they want me to spend gems (and real money) to buy some skunk house that doesn't give me anything. Last straw. Later Kingdom neighbors.

Ok I rarely reply to anyones posts, but this one is so very childish.

New quests popped up for me, just took a few minutes.

CLOVERKAITO
11-13-14, 01:44 PM
Ok I suppose it's not triggered by Ivy' Hut then... The quests just happened to pop up after I collected from a dozen buildings including her hut. For those who like screen caps...

susbebe
11-13-14, 01:45 PM
Me too spend gem on the house ;( and now we going to get it in a quest that show up too late.. Not fair :mad:

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 01:49 PM
My goals started when I was visiting a neighbour, so no need to force close. i had a skunk trapped last night but ****ed it off... should have waited!

They like tomatoes too which is good cause I'm nearly out.

meme1098
11-13-14, 01:49 PM
Me too spend gem on the house ;( and now we going to get it in a quest that show up too late.. Not fair :mad:

It may turn out to be the last goal of the quest and timed to expire if you don't want to buy it as has happened in the past with some gem buildings.

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 01:50 PM
QUESTION FOR TL
If I pay the 20 gems to skip the "Get 5 skunkupine essence" in my book, will it give me 5 skunkupine essences in my inventory ... Or would I then be forced to spend 100 add'l gems to purchase each essence in the potion shop so I can make the 5 desmelling potions?

(I'm struggling here over the decision to finally being forced to **** off Mr. Purple G! HELP!)

belbar22
11-13-14, 01:52 PM
Ok so just harvested a whole field of corn. Got 3 skunks and each 1 dropped a skunk essence. Just need to wait for more energy to harvest the next field.

8hat
11-13-14, 01:52 PM
My gem poverty has actually paid off. I probably would have bought it but I only have 140 gems right now (so if it were just 20 cheaper TL you would have got me :cool:). I have another couple of hours for a builders paste to finish up so I do thank you for this not being timed.

I could use a restock of corn and wheat anyway so bring on the skunkupines!

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 01:54 PM
In the past when we've had goals like this and we get to the end, there is a gem reward which you get whether or not you have already purchased the new building. I don't know what's coming up, but I am hopeful that those who have already bought it will not be disadvantaged in any way. It certainly is a cute building!

Let's keep an open mind, find those pesky skunks and see where it takes us. ;)

Liloze
11-13-14, 01:55 PM
Lovecupine doesn't drop the Essence, just got one and it dropped nothing !
The Goal popped up without me buying the New item in the market.

ciarjen
11-13-14, 01:56 PM
Harvested wheat and corn but no skunks.

Used two skunk traps and got an essence drop from each of them.

bookadey
11-13-14, 01:56 PM
If this is for players 13 and up, are they talking about ages or levels? Fellora plants are only available to levels 31 and up. I just recently leveled to 31 and planted some to get a jump on dark seeds. If this is for levels 13 and up, do they have different goals that do not require Fellora plants?

I think the 13 is a typo.

zenobia42
11-13-14, 01:58 PM
In the past when we've had goals like this and we get to the end, there is a gem reward which you get whether or not you have already purchased the new building. I don't know what's coming up, but I am hopeful that those who have already bought it will not be disadvantaged in any way. It certainly is a cute building!

Let's keep an open mind, find those pesky skunks and see where it takes us. ;)

Yeah, there was a goal to get some gems after buying a magic fruit tree. I had bought one months ago when I had no idea there was an upcoming goal to buy one. Anyway, the goal turned out to be to collect from the magic fruit tree to get the gem reward and happily, I got it no problem. Hopefully this is the same. :)

meme1098
11-13-14, 02:08 PM

I've harvested 65 wheat so far & not a single skunkupine. They've run and hid behind Greseldas castle, I think.

PikaSquirrel
11-13-14, 02:09 PM
The first Goal is "An Unfortunate Smell". If you have the two Goals mentioned in the first post complete and you are above level 30, you will be able to access the Goals. The item is still available to players who are on level 13+.

belbar22
11-13-14, 02:10 PM

What a great idea. I forgot I had them. If I don't get. Y last skunk from the rest of my corn I will use a trap.

Dabag
11-13-14, 02:13 PM
The Faerie Skunkhouse -a new gem item available for purchase in the Market-available to players 13 and up - Purchase does not trigger goals.

associated quests are available to players who have completed quests No Place Like Home and Young, Wild, and Free.

Using the CS Outline
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?73652-Castle-Story-Outline

Plume Hive-No Place Like Home . . . #6 Plume Hive
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?71521-Castle-Story-7-31-14-Update-Plume-Hive
In order to access this, you must have "Azalea's Show of Gratitude" or "Lilia's Show of Gratitude" completed. (Last goal of Mad Tea Party)

Mad Tea Party -
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?71195-Castle-Story-7-24-14-Update-Mad-Tea-party
You will need to complete "Lila's Master Plan" or "Surprise, Azalea!" (Last goal-Team Azalea or Team Lila) in order to access this quest.

Team Azalea or Team Lila-
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69943-Castle-Story-06-12-2014-Update-Team-Azalea-or-Team-Lila-(Part-1)
To start this quest you must complete: "Knock On Wood" (#14 Blythewood Sapling Part 3) and "But We Just Met" (#10 Troll Tribe Part 5)
Troll Tribe Part 1

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66675-Castle-Story-03-20-2014-Update-Troll-Tribe-Part-1
-you must: have defeated the Troll King(Thurston chain12), be Level 22+,
and scare off a new monster

Young, Wild, and Free - Pet Skunkupine
Thread: Castle Story: Update 01/16/2014 Pet Skunkupine
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64259-Castle-Story-Update-01-16-2014-Pet-Skunkupine
(Must have Thurston's Fort completed and be at level 19+ to access this questline.)

Fellora Plants- Lv.31
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?73672-Castle-Update-10-2-Fellora-Plants
First two quests, introducing the crop, are available to everyone who has finished Lesson 3(#9 Three Lessons for Ivy)
Hope this helps

PurpleScorpion76
11-13-14, 02:18 PM

I'm level 44 and have only just unlocked the Glimmergate very misleading that a level 13 player can be involved in this. The only thing I can think of it's similar to the Fortune Teller Tent. Quests periodically. Gem building purchase. Hence why I can buy it but haven't got anywhere near plume hive. Confirmation?

zoroak
11-13-14, 02:20 PM
Next goal

vontalken
11-13-14, 02:25 PM
not valid for love skunks

Dabag
11-13-14, 02:27 PM
I'm level 44 and have only just unlocked the Glimmergate very misleading that a level 13 player can be involved in this. The only thing I can think of it's similar to the Fortune Teller Tent. Quests periodically. Gem building purchase. Hence why I can buy it but haven't got anywhere near plume hive. Confirmation?

Gem Items are not a requirement of the game. These are Optional purchases available at specific levels.

To receive these goals (also not required to advance in the game) you must meet the requirements first.

hope this helps

eastie41
11-13-14, 02:28 PM
Hi Folks,
I'm finding that the skunks are not appearing as usual. I have used over 75 energies on flowers, corn, tomatoes and only saw one skunk from first 15 corn harvests. The skunks seem to be less frequent. I am now maxed out on these resources so I don't know if that is a factor. Seems that others are reporting similiar problems. I wonder if there is a problem .... hope that someone in TL will look into this.

eastie41
11-13-14, 02:29 PM
I've harvested 65 wheat so far & not a single skunkupine. They've run and hid behind Greseldas castle, I think.

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Used 75 energies on flowers, corn and tomatoes...only got one skunkupine

Liloze
11-13-14, 02:32 PM
Since the goals aren't timed, I decided not to rush, I am happy to have my Goals' book back :D

This decision came after I used an Alicorn, 40 energy ( not to mention the other 40 that were accumulating) tending to flowers and planting corn/ tomatoes ( which both am maxed out on ) and not a single skunku in sight!

Therefore, I am going through my daily chores, in my Queendom as usual, preparing for the next goals in line ( Plume Hive Adventure ).

When the Skunkupines show up, I will get what I need.

Happy new update everyone and good luck :)

zenobia42
11-13-14, 02:34 PM
Next goal

Oh, thank you for sharing that!!! I will be ready to send out a new plume hive adventure before bedtime tonight but will refrain from actually doing so until this goal pops up for me. It takes so much time to cook everything for that adventure!

ghjvcucjb
11-13-14, 02:35 PM
Plenty of boars no skunkupines...

zoroak
11-13-14, 02:37 PM
I had to tap on 5 alicorns to get enough energy to harvest fields of corn before I managed to slay 5 skunkupines!

Meanwhile prepare for the plume hive adventure, get out 2 markets and don't collect from Ivy's hut until the next goal pops up. Unfortunately, I've only got 1 market out, stored the rest, collected from Ivy's hut and sent Knights out on an adventure earlier on when no goals came up.
:(

Next goal

jptheripper
11-13-14, 02:38 PM
it says complete the adventure, i wonder if we can send in advance and just wait to collect

rosym47
11-13-14, 02:39 PM
I had two skunkupine traps from adventures and found four skunkupines when chopping corn. Out of that I had five essence. Glad I had the rest of the items in stock. Next goal is visit the market x 2, visit Ivy's house x 2 and an adventure to the plume hive. The text suggests that the skunk house is a goal, can anybody confirm that?

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-13-14, 02:40 PM
it says complete the adventure, i wonder if we can send in advance and just wait to collect
That's what I'm doing . . . . And I'm playing TAPS cuz I just ****ed Mr. Purple G :(

zenobia42
11-13-14, 02:51 PM
That's what I'm doing . . . . And I'm playing TAPS cuz I just ****ed Mr. Purple G :(

R.I.P. Purple G.

zoeee87
11-13-14, 02:57 PM

RIP Mr Purple G. I will miss seeing you everyday. 😿

gilachaya
11-13-14, 03:14 PM
I got this new quest:

Lavendah42
11-13-14, 03:17 PM
I had a feeling faeries would be involved this week, so was already working on the requirements for the Plume Hive quest (also a tip from the Thanksgiving prep thread to make sure you have stuff ready to send off each adventure... I thought I did but when I checked I didn't have for the Plume Hive so thanks to whoever that was!). Only just got second Skunkupine essence so thankfully wills till be a while before up to that part... only sent adventure out after the update came out and it was clear that wasn't the first step...

Seriously700
11-13-14, 03:20 PM
I believe certain trees trigger skunkupines but I can't recall which ones. Does anyone know?

P.s. Just got one from chopping an aspen tree. Not sure if any other trees work

transberry
11-13-14, 03:22 PM
Nope. No update for me then. :( oh well looks like Greseldas going to get her statue.

For all this years updates except holiday ones I have not gotten them

The only goals I have are

Mystic ailcorn need a stupid horn still

Trials and tributes need to exchange and expand more. And allergic to light

Need the blade of light, got hilt first try

But the blade of darkness took me from the time goal was released to just 3 weeks ago getting it, sent an adventure to glimmer gate at least 4 times a week, every week

This time they have only been to glimmer gate twice in 2 weeks, very low on glimmer dust, have trove but can't get 25 dust very often

So do I need to complete this goal before new updates?

Have all the characters and fairy respite totally upgraded

gilachaya
11-13-14, 03:26 PM
Any suggestions for triggering skunkupines would be appreciated!

zoo123g
11-13-14, 03:28 PM
Any suggestions for triggering skunkupines would be appreciated!

harvest some corn and sugar cane

meme1098
11-13-14, 03:32 PM
R.I.P. Purple G.

Oh no :( I'm so sad. Mr.P has left NW. If Cupperbutt finds out, wonder what she'll do?

vontalken
11-13-14, 03:34 PM
For all this years updates except holiday ones I have not gotten them

The only goals I have are

Mystic ailcorn need a stupid horn still

Trials and tributes need to exchange and expand more. And allergic to light

Need the blade of light, got hilt first try

But the blade of darkness took me from the time goal was released to just 3 weeks ago getting it, sent an adventure to glimmer gate at least 4 times a week, every week

This time they have only been to glimmer gate twice in 2 weeks, very low on glimmer dust, have trove but can't get 25 dust very often

So do I need to complete this goal before new updates?

Have all the characters and fairy respite totally upgraded

Yup those blade quests can be rough and lengthy, but YOU CAN DO IT!

PurpleScorpion76
11-13-14, 03:50 PM
Yep we've got a long way to go yet Transberry.

55lee55
11-13-14, 03:53 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet. If I am saying something already covered, please excuse me. I don't have the energy to read all of the comments.

For those like me ho get to the point where we are taken to the Market and given the option to buy the Skunkihouse, but don't want to spend 160 gems to make 20 which is the reward for completing the quest, this is timed. In five days it appears that the last step will time out. So, you are not required to buy the item if you choose not to.

Apparently you will not receive the 20 gems for completion, and it will dissappear from your Quest Book when the five days runs out, but thankfully TL is not requiring anyone to spend gems to finish this quest. For those who do buy the cute little building, your true cost will be 140 gems since you will get 20 for completing the quest.

You may do as I will be doing and wait it out. It is cute but my Inventory is full of stuff I will never need. I was concerned at first that I would be required to buy the item to finish the quest which is true if I want the gems for finishing it. But I am not required to finish it. I am okay with this TL, and I appreciate that spending gems is not mandatory.

It seems a bit unfair to me that I will not get the gems for finishing the quest unless I buy the item, but I would rather give up the 20 gems I don't get for finishing, in lieu of spending 160 gems for a bauble I don't need. Life is not always fair, but that doesn't mean that what seems unfair is necessarily wrong. It is just the way it is.

Again folks, it is not required that you spend gems for this. It will time out. You do have a choice.

ghjvcucjb
11-13-14, 03:54 PM
Have harvested several full fields of sugar cane and corn, zero skunkupines. Trying...not...to...speed...it...up.

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 04:12 PM
Have harvested several full fields of sugar cane and corn, zero skunkupines. Trying...not...to...speed...it...up.

Tell me you DID NOT say you harvested corn..... Aaaarrrhhhh.... Hahahahahaha Just kidding. I was trying to work out which crops I might plant to attract skunks, but I'm maxed on all, so cooking here we come.
I was trying to avoid at all cost corn, cause I've banned talking or planting corn for the month of November in my kingdom to try and get over the candy corn event (you know this is very tongue in cheek right!). Sadly I have to plant corn now. Can someone pass the tissues.

Lavendah42
11-13-14, 04:17 PM
incoming!

~*tosses a box of tissues to SpiritWind*~

ghjvcucjb
11-13-14, 04:19 PM
Tell me you DID NOT say you harvested corn..... Aaaarrrhhhh.... Hahahahahaha Just kidding. I was trying to work out which crops I might plant to attract skunks, but I'm maxed on all, so cooking here we come.
I was trying to avoid at all cost corn, cause I've banned talking or planting corn for the month of November in my kingdom to try and get over the candy corn event (you know this is very tongue in cheek right!). Sadly I have to plant corn now. Can someone pass the tissues.

Oh I hear you SpiritWind00. As I was planting the corn I felt a familiar ache in my shoulder radiating down to my elbow. By the time the corn was ready to harvest, my hand, in memory of the dread candy corn event, shriveled into a claw like apparatus. I had to collect with the back of my knuckles. I don't think my hand will ever fully recover or forgive me for that event.

Liloze
11-13-14, 04:20 PM

Here ya go ...tissues galore lol,
Believe me I feel for you since I am in the same "ban Corn until next Halloween " situation :D

Cruel TL Cruel!!! Making us plant corn again ! lol.

PurpleScorpion76
11-13-14, 04:35 PM
It's like a band aid, rip it off quickly. I almost maxed my corn stock within a few days of the Halloween event, saved a few spaces for Pepe to drop me a few.

Anyway enjoy the quest. I don't have enough gems to get the skunkhouse just yet and nowhere near the plume hive. But I have done a few of my own quests, upgraded a few buildings, including 2 deep mines. I love Thursday nights, if I don't get a quest I make some of my own.

midsom
11-13-14, 04:36 PM
Is the skunk pet house a for ever drop? I mean is it timed for the length of the quest and be like the jackolanterns and turn into decoration, I am not up to the plume hive so cannot do the quests, but I still need the drops from the pet house, so will it still keep dropping after the timed portion is over? Thanks in advance.

zenobia42
11-13-14, 04:42 PM
If someone already posted this and I missed it, apologies.

I just had a plume hive adventure I sent out yesterday return, and it DID count towards the second step goal.
Now I wait on Ivy and marketplace to recharge. :)

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 04:51 PM
Is the skunk pet house a for ever drop? I mean is it timed for the length of the quest and be like the jackolanterns and turn into decoration, I am not up to the plume hive so cannot do the quests, but I still need the drops from the pet house, so will it still keep dropping after the timed portion is over? Thanks in advance.

It will be a normal building to collect from every X hours. if you buy it, it will always drop something, unless you're maxed out on that particular item.

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 04:53 PM
Here ya go ...tissues galore lol,
Believe me I feel for you since I am in the same "ban Corn until next Halloween " situation :D

Cruel TL Cruel!!! Making us plant corn again ! lol.
Thanks Liloze and Lavendar, those tissues came in handy.

5 skunks done! 2 from tomatoes, 1 from purple flowers and 2 (ironically) from corn.

Lavendah42
11-13-14, 05:23 PM

5 skunks done! 2 from tomatoes, 1 from purple flowers and 2 (ironically) from corn.

well at least you got more than bad memories from the corn!

ewoks1
11-13-14, 05:25 PM
Just blew through a full energy charge (40), collected a quest (24. Energy) and one alicorn. Harvested all my flowers, corn, wheat, sugar cane...one skunkupine.....come on, this is not right! Yesterday I would have been hit with at least 10 skunkupines...no way do I enlive that TL DOESN'T change drop rates...

azriX2012
11-13-14, 05:32 PM
I'm a bit confused. Is it possible to get the skunkhouse just by completing the quests, meaning that I won't need to spend gems to get it?

robino23
11-13-14, 05:43 PM
I harvested 48 wheat and got 4 skunkupines. The other one came from Pepe himself. I just can't take planting corn just yet!

gilachaya
11-13-14, 05:44 PM
harvest some corn and sugar cane

Thank you Zoo123g!

SpiritWind00
11-13-14, 05:51 PM
I'm a bit confused. Is it possible to get the skunkhouse just by completing the quests, meaning that I won't need to spend gems to get it?

From what has been posted already, you do the goals and then get the option to buy the skunk house with some gems as the reward if you buy the house. If you don't buy the house, the option to buy is timed and you don't get gem reward. The house will only be available with gems, just a bit cheaper by doing goals first.

azriX2012
11-13-14, 05:57 PM
From what has been posted already, you do the goals and then get the option to buy the skunk house with some gems as the reward if you buy the house. If you don't buy the house, the option to buy is timed and you don't get gem reward. The house will only be available with gems, just a bit cheaper by doing goals first.

Thanks!

vontalken
11-13-14, 06:32 PM
Just blew through a full energy charge (40), collected a quest (24. Energy) and one alicorn. Harvested all my flowers, corn, wheat, sugar cane...one skunkupine.....come on, this is not right! Yesterday I would have been hit with at least 10 skunkupines...no way do I enlive that TL DOESN'T change drop rates...

hehehe coming from a mathematics background I see this as a complete verification of the law of averages. it sucks and i'm not going to argue that. but i'm not seeing any change in the pop rates.

gilachaya
11-13-14, 06:46 PM

QueenCarolyn
11-13-14, 07:10 PM
I can't see any of the images, so please tell me what they say. Sounds like people are talking about 2 markets and a quest and 2 ivy collections?

mikado86
11-13-14, 07:12 PM

Later, you wont be missed.

I stopped browsing after a couple pages and people are complaining more than being grateful, Im done speeding up and posting the quests to help the "community" (Im still going to do it mind you, just wont share it), good thing theres more people like me but with way more patience/empathy

meme1098
11-13-14, 07:24 PM
I can't see any of the images, so please tell me what they say. Sounds like people are talking about 2 markets and a quest and 2 ivy collections?

Just tap the image to see it enlarged. Then tap close to see the next one.

gilachaya
11-13-14, 07:25 PM

If you chose to buy the Faerie skunkhouse, then Ivy says "Theground is way too hard and cold for such gentle creatures. Let's line it with something soft. We can also make toys for Pepe to chew on that smell like fish - I bet he'll love them. "

Chew toys are made of four hides and one fish.
Chew toys (4) are made at the workshop. You also line the floor with something soft (20 wool)

The other quest line is the skunkhouse.

"I have never understood Ivy's affection for this creature, but the fact that she cares for it is undeniable. The beast's new home should give her much joy".

Collect from a Faerie Skunkhouse. Reward:20 gems and 5 xp.

reliquary
11-13-14, 07:29 PM
Just got my first collection from skunk house, 2 fur & 1 creep tooth. Seems like a better drop than the new Spooky Tree that "occasionally" drops a creep tooth or bone
I really wonder why we are given 2 new items in less than 3 weeks that drop the same items?

bowlfullofcherries
11-13-14, 07:32 PM
If the goal isn't timed patience will see its completion. Seriously, gem buying is very much an option with this game. I will say that instant gratification is lovely but in the case of CS you're barking up the wrong tree looking for it. Unless you're rich. And they give away gems when the 'play our games!' goals appear. 30 for installation, 15 for subsequent related. And that's per game.

Dabag
11-13-14, 07:52 PM
The Faerie Skunkhouse

1. An Unfortunate Smell Rewards 410 coin 3xp
. USE Desmelling Potion x5 GIVE (skip 25g)
. Get Skunkupine Essence x5 -from skunkupines (skip 20g)
Note:
Desmelling Potion:Potion Shop craft 10 minutes. 5 Fellora Blossom, 3 Water. 1 Skunkupine Essence *Disappears from Potion Shop when quest completed.
Skunkupines>triggered from collecting - from flowers; crops-corn, etc; chop skunkupine trap; Skunkupine Trap: buy at Market 5 gems (chop to trigger skunkupine appearance)

2. An Outdoor Abode Rewards: 1,800 coin 5xp
. Get Ivy out of the house x2 GO (skip 10g)
(Take her to the Market- reset 22hrs.)
. Measure the space x2 GO (skip 10g)
(Go to Ivy?s Hut!-reset 12hrs.)
. Head to the Plume Hive x1 GO (skip 10g)
(Adventure 1 day from Castle; 2 days from Barracks)

Note:
Chew Toy: Workshop craft 1hr. 4 cow hide. 1 fish *Disappears from Workshop when quest completed.

Note:
Warm Milk: Kitchen craft 5 minutes. 3 milk *Disappears from Kitchen when quest completed.
Breaded Fish: Kitchen craft 1hr. 10 fish. 2 bread; may drop from>Sir Piggy, Royal Exchange: Dairy and Egg Exchange

Lavendah42
11-13-14, 08:43 PM
thanks Dabag :)

freesiawoods
11-13-14, 09:39 PM
Sorry to sound stupid but if I don't intend to buy the skunkhouse, do I even need to do steps 1 and 2 of the quests? If I ignore them will they remain since they are not timed?

meme1098
11-13-14, 10:17 PM
You can do the first 2 steps. Then let the timer on the skunkhouse expire. Then you can move on to the next steps.
And yes, they should remain since the first steps are not timed.

olcastle
11-13-14, 10:39 PM
You can do the first 2 steps. Then let the timer on the skunkhouse expire. Then you can move on to the next steps.

Are you sure? It means we need to pay gems to finish Step#6.

freesiawoods
11-13-14, 11:39 PM
Are you sure? It means we need to pay gems to finish Step#6.

I guess nobody knows since noone would speed up without buying the skunkhouse. Maybe there won't be further steps after the timer expires. I'm short on gems and hot sauce so I shall wait it out :)

EBJW
11-14-14, 12:12 AM
Note:

Note:

Is my conclusion correct: after buying the Faerie Skunkhouse quests 4, 5 and 6 only give coins and xp as reward?

And when I choose to buy the Skunkhouse but won't do the quests afterwards (I'm level 50 and have more than enough coins already, so have no use for more coins and xp) these quests remain in the goal-menu?

katbtodd
11-14-14, 01:29 AM

Click on the images they get bigger

PurpleScorpion76
11-14-14, 02:12 AM
Just got my first collection from skunk house, 2 fur & 1 creep tooth. Seems like a better drop than the new Spooky Tree that "occasionally" drops a creep tooth or bone
I really wonder why we are given 2 new items in less than 3 weeks that drop the same items?

I always get a drop from the spooky tree, creepy tooth, bone, living wood or sap. Sounds like the only cross over is bone and creep tooth won't the house also drop sugar cane, fur, wheat, corn, rats tails.

poppelia
11-14-14, 02:50 AM
Strange I have been skipping bit now I did not get the quests for which I will have to give Ivys pet the food. What to do now?

Jir67
11-14-14, 03:47 AM
My skunks (6) appeared this morning harvesting wheat and sugar cane...
so this part is almost done....

poppelia
11-14-14, 04:44 AM
Could you please help me to unlock the quest where you have to feed the pet? I skipped some and now this did not appear.

TFTLK97
11-14-14, 05:23 AM

😢RIP Mr. Purple G...will remember your wedding to Cupperbutt.

vuvhappy
11-14-14, 06:24 AM

I stopped browsing after a couple pages and people are complaining more than being grateful, Im done speeding up and posting the quests to help the "community" (Im still going to do it mind you, just wont share it), good thing theres more people like me but with way more patience/empathy
Thank you mikado86. I really appreciate all of you that "help" de community, post the quests and give advise. By the way, no one is forcing you to buy gems. I do it when I want it.:o
:rolleyes: FREE ADVISE : download other games you can get "free" gems or send adventures .

poppelia
11-14-14, 07:13 AM
I speeded up but now I do not get the quests 456. What could be wrong? Does anybody know? Can you help me please?

Betsy0923
11-14-14, 08:03 AM
I have read all of the comments, but I am still confused (sorry). If I don't buy the skunk house does the quest stop or do I get the remaining goals anyway???

Thx. This group is always interesting (in more ways than one LOL)

katbtodd
11-14-14, 08:17 AM
I have read all of the comments, but I am still confused (sorry). If I don't buy the skunk house does the quest stop or do I get the remaining goals anyway???

They way I understand it you have 5 days ,,, and then it expires and leaves your book. I'm not buying the house I'm alway Maxed out on that stuff

robyn823
11-14-14, 09:55 AM
What do you need for plume hive adventure

ARIS1969
11-14-14, 09:56 AM
Envoy to the Plume Hive > Castle-1 Day Barracks-2 Days
3 Allergy Potion. 5 Fish sandwiches. 1 Faerie Gift.

savage_mel
11-14-14, 10:01 AM
its a cute house but I'm not overly excited about it. what we [I]really[I] need is another source for glimmer fragments/shards! Thats something i would spend gems on! I know we have greselda's castle and the gate, but those can't really be relied upon. and they don't produce enough to keep up with the demand. We need something that consistently and more frequently drops fragments and shards

PurpleScorpion76
11-14-14, 11:33 AM
its a cute house but I'm not overly excited about it. what we [I]really[I] need is another source for glimmer fragments/shards! Thats something i would spend gems on! I know we have greselda's castle and the gate, but those can't really be relied upon. and they don't produce enough to keep up with the demand. We need something that consistently and more frequently drops fragments and shards

I've had my gate up and running about a week now and I've only once not received fragments or shards.
I think I may get the house when I have enough gems I was hoping for a game to play today, alas it was not to be, will have to wait.

Liloze
11-14-14, 12:28 PM
I harvested 48 wheat and got 4 skunkupines. The other one came from Pepe himself. I just can't take planting corn just yet!

Corn gave nothing ( got nausea while collecting corn lol ) it is wheat that gave me 3 and pepe 1 and used 1 Skunkupine trap :)

Liloze
11-14-14, 12:31 PM

Great :) Corn gave me nothing ( except nausea ) lol
Got 3 from wheat, one from Pepe and by the last one I felt really impatient so I used a skunkupine trap lol

PikaSquirrel
11-14-14, 12:52 PM

Getting the Fairie Skunkhouse is optional. If you have "No Place Like Home" and "Young, Wild, and Free" completed and are over level 30, you will see "An Unfortunate Smell" in your Kingdom Goals list. You will eventually get to the Goal "The Faerie Skunkhouse" where you will need the Faerie Skunkhouse. If you want, you can purchase it and there are a few more Goals associated with the item. If you choose not to buy it, you can just let "The Faerie Skunkhouse" expire after 5 days.

This Faerie Skunkhouse is available for players level 13+. But only players level 30+ will see the Goals. Hope this clears up the confusion. If you're still confused on any part of this update, please let us know!

rosym47
11-14-14, 01:15 PM
I bought the skunkhouse and collected from it after completing stage 3 of the quest by doing the plume adventure. Then the goals vanished and I have no way of doing stages 4, 5 and 6. I've done everything correctly and in order and I have reloaded my game. Still no goals so this is a problem I would like solved. I am using an iPad and have not had this problem before.

Castloninian
11-14-14, 02:02 PM
I really don't understand the purpose of doing these goals if you are not buying the skunkhouse. However, I don't mind doing them as I have no goals left and I like the fact there are some new drops and materials to craft.

A question though:
I have got my five skunkupine essences and have not yet given the five desmelling potions because I am planning to stock up a bit. I am still getting more essences from skunkupines. Will those stop dropping as soon as you give the 5 potions or is it a new permanent drop?

Thanks

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-14-14, 02:09 PM
..........I am still getting more essences from skunkupines. Will those stop dropping as soon as you give the 5 potions or is it a new permanent drop?

I've gotten skunkupines since giving the desmelling potions and they no longer drop any essence now. So technically, it could be a permanent drop as long as you don't finish giving the 5 potions.

PurpleScorpion76
11-14-14, 02:10 PM
I really don't understand the purpose of doing these goals if you are not buying the skunkhouse. However, I don't mind doing them as I have no goals left and I like the fact there are some new drops and materials to craft.

A question though:
I have got my five skunkupine essences and have not yet given the five desmelling potions because I am planning to stock up a bit. I am still getting more essences from skunkupines. Will those stop dropping as soon as you give the 5 potions or is it a new permanent drop?

Thanks

Cool another drop we can stock up on.

zenthus
11-14-14, 02:20 PM
Help! My Pepe will not be able to fit in Skunkhouse! If anyone knows a special skunk diet, please, let me know!

Castloninian
11-14-14, 02:21 PM
I've gotten skunkupines since giving the desmelling potions and they no longer drop any essence now. So technically, it could be a permanent drop as long as you don't finish giving the 5 potions.
Great, thanks for confirming my suspicion. Guess I will just stick to this first goal for a bit until boredom kicks in :).

paisdelasmaravillas
11-14-14, 02:27 PM
The Faerie Skunkhouse

Note:

I finish 3. The Faerie Skunkhouse But not go to quest 4 ?
What I need to do to continue?

rosym47
11-14-14, 02:35 PM

Me too.

robino23
11-14-14, 02:36 PM
I bought the skunkhouse and collected from it after completing stage 3 of the quest by doing the plume adventure. Then the goals vanished and I have no way of doing stages 4, 5 and 6. I've done everything correctly and in order and I have reloaded my game. Still no goals so this is a problem I would like solved. I am using an iPad and have not had this problem before.

Same here. My "goal book" has vanished and no other goals have shown up. What's up?

poppelia
11-14-14, 02:37 PM
I have exactly the same problem

Dabag
11-14-14, 02:45 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/RPFaerieSkunkhouse-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/FaerieSkunkhouse-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/1aAnUnfortunateSmell-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/1cSkunkupineEssence-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/1bfskunkhouse-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/1eDesmellingPotion-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/2aAnOutdoorAbode-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/ADVENTURES/13bEnvoytothePlumeHive-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/3aTheFaerieSkunkhouse-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/4aAnimalAccomodations-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/4bChewToy-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/4cChewToy-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/5aTroubleSleeping-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/5bWarmMilk-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/5cWarmMilk-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/c20%20Faerie%20Skunkhouse/6aBringingupBaby-Copy.jpg

Dabag
11-14-14, 03:02 PM
A question though:

Thanks

the Desmelling potion disappears from the Potion Shop craft list when the goal is completed.
the amount you can inventory is 99 (I did make extras, just in case. lol)

Visualizing Pepe spraying the Faeries if they bother Ivy and then Ivy having to make this potion again.

kooky panda
11-14-14, 03:03 PM
I am not that far yet. I am checking on this.

SpiritWind00
11-14-14, 03:20 PM
I just finished the adventure and visits to ivy and the market. The goal came up to buy the house. Purchased and placed.

Once it was placed the next goal for the chew toys came up through my goal book and dialogue started. I did not collect from the house, it started immediately. I still have to finish goal 3 by collecting, but goal 4 has be*** already.

Just confirming: after you've finished the plume adventure (and if you don't have this adventure available in your castle you have to progress more though game) the option to buy the house come up and is timed.

fari85
11-14-14, 03:37 PM
Is the skunk house a drop from the adventure or purchase only item.....coz then the goals will just stop after envoy to plume hive and the moment the five day time limit is up

sweetiepiez100
11-14-14, 03:40 PM
What happened to the skunkupines?? Got ten fangbeasts in a row. Why do things disappear just when u need them??

SpiritWind00
11-14-14, 03:44 PM
Is the skunk house a drop from the adventure or purchase only item.....coz then the goals will just stop after envoy to plume hive and the moment the five day time limit is up

It's a gem purchase only. You do get back 20 gems on first collection if you do decide to buy it.

rosym47
11-14-14, 03:47 PM
I am not that far yet. I am checking on this.

I also have this problem. I did buy the skunk house before being prompted to do so it might be worth finding out if others who are missing goals 4,5,6 also did this. The code might not be fully recognising the prior purchase.

Ooooze
11-14-14, 04:24 PM
No skunkupines for me yet...

paisdelasmaravillas
11-14-14, 04:26 PM
I also have this problem. I did buy the skunk house before being prompted to do so it might be worth finding out if others who are missing goals 4,5,6 also did this. The code might not be fully recognising the prior purchase.

Yes. I bought the skunk house before the start.
Is possible that this may be the cause.

anissada
11-14-14, 04:31 PM

same for me, bought before the goal, but i got the reward.
part 4, 5 and 6 won't pop up....
maybe it's because my faerie workshop isn't finished yet?
(goal Start of something beautiful)

nessa005
11-14-14, 05:09 PM
This is also my problem, no goals 4-6. I force closed the game but nothing. I really want to make toys and warm up his milk!

stygimoloch
11-14-14, 06:12 PM
I've had my gate up and running about a week now and I've only once not received fragments or shards.
I think I may get the house when I have enough gems I was hoping for a game to play today, alas it was not to be, will have to wait.

Now that there are Fellora's plants to yield dark seeds, I've finished Sister Sister and have no more demand for glimmer fragments and shards. So I can gradually build stockpiles of these until there's a new quest that needs them ...

chewingthecud
11-14-14, 07:11 PM
I also just collected from the house, got the reward however lost the rest of the quest line.

FlowerBurst
11-14-14, 07:58 PM
I also just collected from the house, got the reward however lost the rest of the quest line.

Same here!

Tiggerddh
11-15-14, 04:37 AM
Same here! Nothing in my quest book once I collected

judyvines
11-15-14, 06:02 AM

Same problem here. Once I collected from the new building, my quest book went away.

zoeee87
11-15-14, 06:03 AM
Yup happened to me too! That's really weird..

PurpleScorpion76
11-15-14, 07:23 AM
Seems like it's a tech issue. Think TL need to read these posts!

Rebegarner
11-15-14, 08:44 AM
I think you have to wait 5 days from the time you collect from the skunk house. The quest mentions that the goal is timed 5 days. I am hoping I interpreted it correctly!

roguebee
11-15-14, 08:48 AM
The timer is when the goal expires if you decline to purchase the skunk house.

jacobie454
11-15-14, 09:37 AM

Same problem here!!

debtthomas
11-15-14, 10:05 AM
The second half of quest never has started. Has anyone else had this problem?

robino23
11-15-14, 11:42 AM
The second half of quest never has started. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes. It seems like if you bought the house before it prompted you to the other goals have vanished.

Galadraal
11-15-14, 12:26 PM

Please don't punish those of us who really appreciate those of you who speed things up and give us the information :-) You are greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure MANY others :-) Too many are just ignorant and rude; please don't let them get to you :-) I appreciate you and thank you for your effort :-)

bookadey
11-15-14, 12:32 PM
I'm interested to see this issue resolved. I want to buy the house, but I'm nowhere near triggering the quests. I just unlocked Sabina. I want to know that if I buy it now, months down the road when the Requirements are met, I can play the goals/quests.

Liloze
11-15-14, 12:57 PM
I think you have to wait 5 days from the time you collect from the skunk house. The quest mentions that the goal is timed 5 days. I am hoping I interpreted it correctly!

No the time is for you to buy the house if you don't buy through these 5 days the time runs out, that is all.
I bought the Skunkhouse, collected from it after 6 hours, which triggered the rest of the goals.

PS. buying the house is optional, the only thing is that you get 20 gems back IF you buy it during those 5 days and collect from it.

I really don't need any of things that The Skunhouse drops, but am a collector,
I like to have every building from every goal :) yep addicted to CS :o

gandalf72
11-15-14, 01:23 PM
Please don't punish those of us who really appreciate those of you who speed things up and give us the information :-) You are greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure MANY others :-) Too many are just ignorant and rude; please don't let them get to you :-) I appreciate you and thank you for your effort :-)

HERE, HERE!!!!!! Me too!

dragon2046
11-15-14, 02:50 PM
I also appreciate people who speed up and post to help us all out. So thank u :).
And TL u may want to move some of these updates to earlier in the week so when these bugs pop up someone can be there to clarify and fix. CS and fs2 updates lately have both had there issues lately. Getting very frustrating. :(

SpiritWind00
11-15-14, 03:43 PM
The issue of the goals not appearing has been reported to TL. They are looking at it. hold tight, we'll get an answer to you. :)

anissada
11-15-14, 04:14 PM
Seems like it's a tech issue. Think TL need to read these posts!

i think they will... after the weekend 😜

marse66
11-15-14, 06:15 PM
HERE, HERE!!!!!! Me too!
Same here

jbfps116
11-15-14, 07:17 PM
This little house is a boon to those needing fur and tails!! First collection, 4 fur, others have fur and tails, and sometimes other stuff... seems like it will pay itself off!

ghjvcucjb
11-15-14, 08:34 PM
Please refresh my memory. In the upper levels with pretty much all goals accomplished except new releases, what do we need furs and tails for above and beyond what we get for fighting the beasts? I'm trying to figure out why I would want/need this building.

vednir
11-15-14, 08:56 PM
Please refresh my memory. In the upper levels with pretty much all goals accomplished except new releases, what do we need furs and tails for above and beyond what we get for fighting the beasts? I'm trying to figure out why I would want/need this building.

Being a completionist? I'm a few gems shy of the requisite 160 so I'm deferring this quest line until after the new year on the off chance more useful buildings come along during the holidays. However if nothing better has turned up by the end of the year I'm going to sink the gems into this building instead of a gem trap.

ghjvcucjb
11-15-14, 09:36 PM
Being a completionist? I'm a few gems shy of the requisite 160 so I'm deferring this quest line until after the new year on the off chance more useful buildings come along during the holidays. However if nothing better has turned up by the end of the year I'm going to sink the gems into this building instead of a gem trap.

Yes, I use to be one of those but had to let the title go when I chose not to get the fortune teller tent. Plus I have so much stuff and so many buildings in storage. I don't have the room for anything that doesn't have usefulness. Especially at 160 gems. I start panicking if my kingdom finances drop below 700 gems.

I'm still wondering if furs and rat tails are needed in huge supply. As of right now I haven't noticed a regular lack of them. I sometimes forget if there are special trades etc that call for items so asking in all seriousness.

dragoniakingdom
11-16-14, 12:14 AM
Yes, I use to be one of those but had to let the title go when I chose not to get the fortune teller tent. Plus I have so much stuff and so many buildings in storage. I don't have the room for anything that doesn't have usefulness. Especially at 160 gems. I start panicking if my kingdom finances drop below 700 gems.

I'm still wondering if furs and rat tails are needed in huge supply. As of right now I haven't noticed a regular lack of them. I sometimes forget if there are special trades etc that call for items so asking in all seriousness.

I am also not buying the skunk house,160 gems just seems rather expensive to me.
I cannot recall ever being low on these items,however I guess for those who do have problems with supply,it may be a good investment.

AngieA67
11-16-14, 06:40 AM
I agree totally!!!

roguebee
11-16-14, 08:36 AM

Only reason I can remember would be a couple of the recent updates required quite a bit of fur. If you do a lot of the trades that require either fur or tails, it might be worth it. I think this is an enhancement for the lower level players where the furs and tails are a real issue.

katbtodd
11-16-14, 09:22 AM
for those of,you that has gotten the house please ,what does it drop,how many, and how long I'm between collections

reliquary
11-16-14, 09:48 AM
I've collected from it a few times

*i bought it before the goals, and after I got my 20 gems no goal to make chew toys:(*

And it has dropped 2x fur, 2x bone,2x COrN!?...but nothing else.

It is by far more reliable than the new Spooky Tree that drops X1 bone and fur occasionally.

Once again, why do we have 2 new items that drop things most of us here do not need?
I guess a, say lv 20 player, would buy the skunkhouse early on...then, many months later recieve these goals to get the 20 gems back?!?...um ok?:confused:

letf8b
11-16-14, 10:19 AM
Did I see that right.. Is the pint house is for gems.. I dont have enough gems to purchase anything.. Hope its not a Gem item..really sucks I just wasted my time and some supplies getting the skunupines and desmeller and growing the fellora flowers and I get nothing unless I buy something that was rude to connect the goal to a gem bought item.:(

meme1098
11-16-14, 10:22 AM
Just let it expire. Thats what I'm doing. The 2nd round of goals after that should begin, if TL gets it fixed by then.

konstans07
11-16-14, 12:06 PM
why i have to give 160 gems to collect from the faerie skunk house and continue the quest??

Are they kidding us?

meme1098
11-16-14, 02:46 PM
why i have to give 160 gems to collect from the faerie skunk house and continue the quest??

Are they kidding us?

Did you see my post above yours? You don't have to buy it just let it expire in 5 days.

FigmentValley
11-16-14, 05:07 PM
Yup. Just let it expire. As the game is expiring. It is slow, but never-the-less dying an agonizingly boring death.

babysx1
11-17-14, 12:40 AM

Are they kidding us?

They must be Nobody has replied about the last few challenges missing for those who has already bought the skunk house

SpiritWind00
11-17-14, 12:49 AM
They must be Nobody has replied about the last few challenges missing for those who has already bought the skunk house

It's the weekend where TL staff are... I have already posted that this issue has been reported. Please be patient. To finish the last goal only takes about a few hours once you have placed the house if you decided to purchase it. So once it's fixed you'll be up to date in no time.

You do not have to buy the house, it is timed and optional and is not required to advance the core story. As soon as either myself or Kooky hear back we will let you know.

fino212
11-17-14, 04:18 AM
I'm not sure if I've misunderstood this but I thought if you don't buy the skunk house then you don't get to continue the rest of the quest line as surely you can't line the floor of the house with wool if you don't actually have the house. Some of you are saying you're going to wait the 5 days for that part to expire then do parts 4,5 and 6 but I'm sure you won't get that option unless you've bought the house and the quest line will instead just finish. I could be wrong but that's how I read it anyway

labsandboxers
11-17-14, 05:42 AM
I bought the skunk house, only because it's the right scale next to my pepe and Ivys house. Everything else that goes with it is just gravy for me. ;)

mafruha
11-17-14, 06:21 AM
Wht happens if i dont buy the house??

reliquary
11-17-14, 08:34 AM
Absolutly nothing.......but u have wasted the resources making the de smeller stuff.
Now I'm not Spock, but this is silly and not like other gem only building quests...they don't have us making stuff for a building that is an optional buy.
Not quite logical to me:confused:

kooky panda
11-17-14, 08:46 AM
Wht happens if i dont buy the house??
That goal will just expire. Not completing that goal, will not interfere with completing other goals.

ShibuyaCloth
11-17-14, 09:51 AM
Couldn't resist, bought the nest :D. I am dry on gems now...

zenobia42
11-17-14, 11:11 AM

I couldn't resist either. I don't need its drops, but it's so cute.

I think of it like Greselda's Fountain. I bought them both for gems with a small rebate, and they are both just there to look good. :)

belbar22
11-17-14, 11:37 AM

I have plenty of gems, it just seems such a waste as I am always maxed on all the drops and I am always short of space.

zoeee87
11-17-14, 12:05 PM

I count either.. Still have a good stockpile of gems. I seriously guy everything gem related and then never collect for them bc I'm maxed out.. Lol.. The struggle is real! Haha

labsandboxers
11-17-14, 02:44 PM
I hope we get the chew toy clich fixed soon. :(

cjbeastmaster7
11-17-14, 03:26 PM
This update bites!! You have to purchase gems if you don't have enough!! Just another way too sucker people into buying gems. Then the quest with defeating the skunkupines and making the Essence and traveling to the plume hive acts like if you complete it and get the adequate supplies you may be able to build one out of the faerie supplies. NOT!! This bites!!!!
Buttercup;1001606']Hi everyone!

The item is available to players 13 and up, and the associated quests are available to players who have completed quests No Place Like Home (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71521-Castle-Story-7-31-14-Update-Plume-Hive) and Young, Wild, and Free (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64259-Castle-Story-Update-01-16-2014-Pet-Skunkupine). As usual, the update will be live at 12PM PST today.

Enjoy!

kooky panda
11-17-14, 03:45 PM
This update bites!! You have to purchase gems if you don't have enough!! Just another way too sucker people into buying gems. Then the quest with defeating the skunkupines and making the Essence and traveling to the plume hive acts like if you complete it and get the adequate supplies you may be able to build one out of the faerie supplies. NOT!! This bites!!!!
You do not have to buy the skunkhouse and do that goal to complete the other goals. If you do not want to buy it, that goal will expire.

kooky panda
11-17-14, 03:46 PM
I hope we get the chew toy clich fixed soon. :(
I am sorry, but I guess a missed a post, what is the glitch?

reliquary
11-17-14, 04:16 PM
The glitch is that if you bought the house *before* you got the quest to do so(given 20 gems) it does not follow thru to give the chew toy quests.
There are many posts here to where this has happened, myself included.

Kinda ironic tho that many low level players would buy the skunkhouse many months before the first quests emerge(plume hive completion etc.) and the next few quests in *this* questline would not be given....lol

judyvines
11-17-14, 05:04 PM
The glitch is that if you bought the house *before* you got the quest to do so(given 20 gems) it does not follow thru to give the chew toy quests.
There are many posts here to where this has happened, myself included.

Kinda ironic tho that many low level players would buy the skunkhouse many months before the first quests emerge(plume hive completion etc.) and the next few quests in *this* questline would not be given....lol

I bought my house after prompted to do so, and still had the glitch. Everything stopped after I collected from the house. No chew toy quest here either.

kooky panda
11-17-14, 05:07 PM
Oh gottcha! Yes this was reported and the Team is currently looking into this.

ShibuyaCloth
11-17-14, 11:45 PM
I bought my house after prompted to do so, and still had the glitch. Everything stopped after I collected from the house. No chew toy quest here either.

I got and finish the chew quest before I could collect from the house. So far no glitch on my side. Must be lucky for once, well I follow the quest line and did nothing in advance.

babysx1
11-18-14, 01:16 AM

Still no reply
What is going on Very slow

Jir67
11-18-14, 01:58 AM
Also I'm keeping my gems for the barracks, I bought the skunkhouse since I found my poor Pepe frozen...
and since it is so nice... :cool::rolleyes:

meme1098
11-18-14, 10:10 AM
Still no reply
What is going on Very slow

Spiritwind stated a few pages back that she has reported it to TL. I'm sure they're working on it.

8hat
11-18-14, 12:22 PM
After reading here about the timer quest, I am saving mine for just a little while. I did not turn in my last Desmelling Potion even though I have crafted it and am going to wait for a few more gems to come in (at 144 right now-come on purple cow!). I don't really need the kind of drops it does but it is cute and poor Pepe could use a shelter. And maybe when I get to it, any bugs will be worked out too.

Oh, as a result of stopping where I did now I am inadvertently stacking Skunkupine Essence in my inventory with every skunkupine that crops up.

CLOVERKAITO
11-19-14, 01:31 AM
Still debating if I should spend 140 gems for the skunkhouse when I don't need *any* of these drops (they are all maxed out or near-max)... might be better off investing in a Living Tree...

meme1098
11-19-14, 06:59 AM
Still debating if I should spend 140 gems for the skunkhouse when I don't need *any* of these drops (they are all maxed out or near-max)... might be better off investing in a Living Tree...

I'm just letting it expire. I don't need any of the drops either.

sweetsatisfactions
11-19-14, 09:54 AM
All this work to purchase something! What a crock!

sweetsatisfactions
11-19-14, 09:58 AM
Totally agree! We should be warned that we will get nothing for our efforts except a 12% discount on a gem item!

SpiritWind00
11-19-14, 02:10 PM
;) We were told it was a gem purchase update..... Extract from Post 1:

"This week's update is a new gem item available for purchase in the Market, the Faerie Skunk House!"

Up until the option to buy the house, it is main storyline, so at some stage you will need to do that part. I collected a few more drops from the skunks too (the collector in me couldn't help it!)

babysx1
11-19-14, 07:51 PM
;) We were told it was a gem purchase update..... Extract from Post 1:

"This week's update is a new gem item available for purchase in the Market, the Faerie Skunk House!"

Up until the option to buy the house, it is main storyline, so at some stage you will need to do that part. I collected a few more drops from the skunks too (the collector in me couldn't help it!)

Any news on the glitch from this update?

SpiritWind00
11-19-14, 10:24 PM

Sorry all, just checked and no news yet. It's still being investigated. Hold tight... :o

paisdelasmaravillas
11-19-14, 10:33 PM
Yes!!! The glitch are fixed now!!!
I could continue without doing anything. just in time for today's update.
Now I'm making my firsts two chew toy.
Thanks!!

FlowerBurst
11-19-14, 10:36 PM
Happy to be able to finish...thank you, TL!

babysx1
11-19-14, 10:52 PM

Yay finally got it