PDA

View Full Version : Update in the App Store 11/12/14

Hawksmoor
11-12-14, 05:18 PM
Mentions new animals coming for the holiday season like a Santa Claws and a Noelephant. Start up icon looks like the unicorn. Also, the game is now called "Fantasy Forest Story - Land Before Dragons"???

zenobia42
11-12-14, 05:33 PM
It is *possible* that anyone who does NOT install the update might be able to breed the Thanksgibbon. One did by mistake. And the text with the Thanksgibbon PRE-update does not say not breedable, but the text POST-update does.

MelodicStars
11-12-14, 05:33 PM
Yeah I've noticed it's more dragon themed. (New title and description in the AppStore) I hope the Christmas animals are going to be part of a world event like the Halloween one :)

Ratisorn
11-12-14, 05:41 PM
Nice! Love unicorn icon

cocauina
11-12-14, 05:45 PM
It is *possible* that anyone who does NOT install the update might be able to breed the Thanksgibbon. One did by mistake. And the text with the Thanksgibbon PRE-update does not say not breedable, but the text POST-update does.

I didn't knew about the update before I saw this new threads, about the thanksgibbon breed and new update. About what readysetgo888 said:

Actually, I just checked the thanksgibbon description in the store, and it does NOT say "not found through breeding" like the other tournament animals usually do. So yes, it may be possible to breed this! Of course now they may go and change that :\

Probably some players had a bug with the animal, because my Thanksgibbon on the market, DOES say "Not Found Through Breeding" and I still need to do the update..

[S8] Regina
11-12-14, 05:54 PM

Please note that the Thanksgibbon is no longer breedable, you can only win the creature from the Tournament or buy it from the Market. This is a server change, so updating your version will not affect your breeding.

kooky panda
11-12-14, 06:45 PM
Just a reminder to keep your posts on topic! The recent off topic posts have been removed. Please keep your posts on topic of the new update.

If you have further questions or concerns over the Thanksgibbon glitch please file a forum dispute thread (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) and discuss with a community manager.

Thanks!

[S8] Elsa
11-12-14, 06:56 PM
Please remain on topic as Kooky has suggested. If you have a question about another thread, please send me a PM. Thanks!

GreasedLightening
11-12-14, 07:00 PM
Is anyone having issues with their animals disappearing after installing update? Animals, habitats..all expansions cleared. Even when visiting neighbors, their animals and habitats missing too. Tried restarting my device. Critters are still disappearing...

Hawksmoor
11-12-14, 07:04 PM
Oh no! I've been ok so far (fingers crossed).

GreasedLightening
11-12-14, 07:09 PM
Oh no! I've been ok so far (fingers crossed).

Well I can tell you those new areas look really nice with no trees or rocks on them....haha and I could really use the space, maxed out.

kooky panda
11-12-14, 07:09 PM
Is anyone having issues with their animals disappearing after installing update? Animals, habitats..all expansions cleared. Even when visiting neighbors, their animals and habitats missing too. Tried restarting my device. Critters are still disappearing...
Since it is a new download, it may a little time for images to load. Stay on your island and give it a few minutes to see if the images load up.

GreasedLightening
11-12-14, 07:17 PM
Since it is a new download, it may a little time for images to load. Stay on your island and give it a few minutes to see if the images load up.

I got the images back, went on to visit my neighbors and it happened again. I was visiting a different neighbor. I guess I should just stay home tonight..and visit tomorrow.

Hawksmoor
11-12-14, 07:22 PM
I got the images back, went on to visit my neighbors and it happened again. I was visiting a different neighbor. I guess I should just stay home tonight..and visit tomorrow.

Take the night off, put your feet up and hopefully the forest fairies will fix the problem ;-)

xxxe
11-12-14, 07:37 PM
Wow so I updated my game and it won't even let me on. With the last update I was able to play for at least 30 seconds at a time without it crashing. Now I get not even a second. Impossible to play now after I have invested so much time into this game. Is there a way to get rid of te upgrade? Go back to the old version? I'm about to cry..

readysetgo888
11-12-14, 07:41 PM
Wow so I updated my game and it won't even let me on. With the last update I was able to play for at least 30 seconds at a time without it crashing. Now I get not even a second. Impossible to play now after I have invested so much time into this game. Is there a way to get rid of te upgrade? Go back to the old version? I'm about to cry..

I am so sorry.... you don't have an Ipad or Iphone with an older IOS version do you?

I had this happen to me with the world event update and that was the reason, older phone that I had never updated. I had to update it to get it to work, which was a hassle and I highly recommend that you sync it first before trying.

zenobia42
11-12-14, 07:45 PM

I have that problem, and it started before the update. My rubies are totally invisible - their habitats have little oval shadows and nothing else. And some of my neighbors appear to have animals running wild with no habitat to contain them.

zenobia42
11-12-14, 07:47 PM

That is terrible! This might work for you (I hope so, anyway!):

1) delete FFS from your device.
2) connect your device to your computer and download the old game saved in your last itunes backup.

If you don't back up your device on your computer via itunes, I'm sorry, that's the only way I know of.

xxxe
11-12-14, 07:51 PM
Sadly, I don't synch my iPod at all.. C rap. Can anybody tell me how to update my IOS? Maybe that's why. Did your game stop crashing once you updated?

cocauina
11-12-14, 07:57 PM
Sadly, I don't synch my iPod at all.. C rap. Can anybody tell me how to update my IOS? Maybe that's why. Did your game stop crashing once you updated?

Normally when there's a new version of the software to update, when the update is released a message will show up on the phone and if you don't update, you have a number in your Settings on the menu, I have the number "1" on my Settings because I'm still on IOS 6. If you have a number in your Settings icon, just open and "follow" the number, if not, or you already have the latest IOS or your device cannot support the newest IOS.

Another thing, you don't need to connect you iPod to the computer only to download the game, you can download the game again from your App Store, the progress of your game is on TL servers and not in your device, in your device is only your ID. Probably I didn't quite understand what zenobia42 wanted to say, sorry! xD

zenobia42
11-12-14, 08:00 PM

Sadly, what stopped my game from crashing may not be the most helpful advice: I got a new iPad.
But while I was still on my old iPad2, if I always closed every single app in my computer, and I also went into my settings and turned OFF background refresh for almost all my apps, I could play. I'd still get crashes, but less often. And I tried to keep my iOS up-to-date. You may lose a lot of time updating your iOS, but it's not time wasted - IMO every new iOS makes everything on my iPad either better... or at least not-worse.

kooky panda
11-12-14, 08:15 PM
Wow so I updated my game and it won't even let me on. With the last update I was able to play for at least 30 seconds at a time without it crashing. Now I get not even a second. Impossible to play now after I have invested so much time into this game. Is there a way to get rid of te upgrade? Go back to the old version?

Try going to settings Safari and clear out your cookies and data see if that helps you can also try a hard reset hold down your power button and home button at the same time until you see the Apple sign
make sure you have the most current apple software version on your device
if new iPod check under setting General software update

Fo find prior version go to iTunes look under purchased. Scroll until you find the last update then download from icloud
Delete the new version first .

GreasedLightening
11-12-14, 08:15 PM
Sadly, what stopped my game from crashing may not be the most helpful advice: I got a new iPad. .

Same here.. The day after I bought my iPad Air, they came out with air2. Lol. Timing is everything....

zenobia42
11-12-14, 08:28 PM
Same here.. The day after I bought my iPad Air, they came out with air2. Lol. Timing is everything....

Since the 90's, I have had the most incredible bad luck with buying apple products (PCs, and then also hand-held stuff, but my bad luck also still with PC's) and almost without fail, within a week, a new generation comes out. Like, I bought maybe the last beige Mac tower in the world. Within a week, all Macs had all those cool colors and stuff - the iMac introduced and even the towers were cool-looking. My computer in the space of a day became SO last century lol! But you have me beat - I don't think it's ever happened to me the very next day. That REALLY sux!

And I apologize for not being totally on-subject. I'm going to save kooky's advice - I think it may come in handy some day.

dumbpluff
11-12-14, 08:47 PM
I got really confused about the new subtitle when my game just updated by itself, and I went looking around to see how much was different. all I've discovered is that the sky is a darker blue.

...I'm figuring that I'm not the best sleuth for this.

readysetgo888
11-12-14, 08:48 PM
Warning if you are going to update your IOS! It has a high rate of failure and if it fails, you will have to do a reset which will wipe your phone clean! This happened to me, and I would have lost all my photos, contacts, notes, etc if I hadn't synced it to a computer with iTunes first. It can recover everything but music. If you have a lot of music you will have to reload it. I just want other players to be aware of this before they try updating so that no one goes through what I went through. I had some serious panic when I thought I lost all my photos and other data.

GreasedLightening
11-12-14, 08:49 PM
Ok..got ANSI couldn't stay home. Had a few more neighbors to visit, and I'm glad to say all is well and working fine. All habitats are full. Only one problem as I see it. Those new areas have all their trees and rocks back..darnit! But maybe it's a sign that we are getting expansions on Friday. Wouldn't that be nice!

FigmentValley
11-12-14, 08:58 PM
So.... I updated. It loaded quickly. Easily. I see no difference except for the icon and "new" name.

What was this update for?

Please..... Don't turn this into a DragonStory clone.......

MelodicStars
11-12-14, 10:09 PM
So.... I updated. It loaded quickly. Easily. I see no difference except for the icon and "new" name.

What was this update for?

Please..... Don't turn this into a DragonStory clone.......
Agreed. I seriously hope not as well. But, with the RIDICULOUS amounts of new animals being released, it may as well be a DragonStory clone.

flowless
11-12-14, 11:36 PM
My phone seems to do updates but it self

I don't know it's like that

Anyhow I don't see the difference expect for name and icon pic as mentioned before

cocauina
11-13-14, 07:25 AM

Anyhow I don't see the difference expect for name and icon pic as mentioned before

Start to read the discription of the game :p

zenobia42
11-13-14, 08:23 AM

The default now on iPhones is for it to automatically update apps. If you don't like it - if you want to update manually - go to settings, iTunes & App Store and scroll down a bit. You can switch automatic on & off for apps as well as other stuff, including iOS updates.

kooky panda
11-13-14, 09:48 AM
Warning if you are going to update your IOS! It has a high rate of failure and if it fails, you will have to do a reset which will wipe your phone clean! This happened to me, and I would have lost all my photos, contacts, notes, etc if I hadn't synced it to a computer with iTunes first. It can recover everything but music. If you have a lot of music you will have to reload it. I just want other players to be aware of this before they try updating so that no one goes through what I went through. I had some serious panic when I thought I lost all my photos and other data.
For newer devices, you can go into your settings and do an icloud back up. ( check your Icloud settings first and make sure you turn on the items you wish to back -up).
I sometimes lose my important notes in my notepad (like my battle combos... LOL). So to be safe, I copy these notes and send myself an email to my computer.
If I have to restore the note, I send the email back to my device, then copy and paste the information into a new note.

jptheripper
11-13-14, 09:51 AM
Time before dragons.. but, skeletal dragon?

ninasidstorm8
11-13-14, 09:57 AM
Time before dragons.. but, skeletal dragon?

I had the same thought. Emerald Dragon? :o

zenobia42
11-13-14, 10:30 AM
For newer devices, you can go into your settings and do an icloud back up. ( check your Icloud settings first and make sure you turn on the items you wish to back -up).
I sometimes lose my important notes in my notepad (like my battle combos... LOL). So to be safe, I copy these notes and send myself an email to my computer.
If I have to restore the note, I send the email back to my device, then copy and paste the information into a new note.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who emails myself notes lol.

I also keep a lot of notes in google docs and spreadsheets, which I can open in any browser (such as on my work computer - because it's an online document, I don't have to save anything on the computer itself and give away that I'm playing not working sometimes lol).

GreasedLightening
11-13-14, 11:19 AM
Ok...visiting neighbors again today..got to atlantiskingdom and all critters gone again. Went home, and all my critters also gone. Restarted game, and critters came back. So....is this an issue with the new update? 2 days and critters missing. Come on TL.....those little guys get hungry when they are out running around. Can we please lock the gates and keep them home.

kooky panda
11-13-14, 11:30 AM
Ok...visiting neighbors again today..got to atlantiskingdom and all critters gone again. Went home, and all my critters also gone. Restarted game, and critters came back. So....is this an issue with the new update? 2 days and critters missing. Come on TL.....those little guys get hungry when they are out running around. Can we please lock the gates and keep them home.
I am not having any issues. What specific device do you play on?

GreasedLightening
11-13-14, 11:44 AM
I am not having any issues. What specific device do you play on?

IPad Air IOS7 (not sure about updating to IOS 8)

rosewaterlily
11-13-14, 02:12 PM
I was just thinking a unicorn icon for this game makes so much more sense than the one that has since been removed from castle story and lo and behold it's here. More attractive than the magmacore for sure but a tease since I still don't have one at level 40.

angela3737
11-13-14, 03:26 PM
......I cant believe I updated without backup ( you would have think I learned from 2 weeks ago !)

iPad 1st generation unplayable again ! (4th generation ioutch works still ). This was just fixed last week when the previous update wouldn't let older devices open..then said give it a little time for them to fix it ..well they did fix it in November ...but now this update is doing the same thing ..

... Is this being looked into ? No back up :(.. I am shaking my head ..I guess I figured since they just fixed this issue that this release would still allow it ( unless this was already completed this before they realized the device issue)...

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 03:57 PM

I think your animals feel lonely when you leave and they go crazy :-)

zenobia42
11-13-14, 04:55 PM
I think your animals feel lonely when you leave and they go crazy :-)

Lol. I think GreasedLightening's animals are out exploring the dangerous areas we are not allowed to expand to yet. Carefully, slowly, stealthily moving through the fog on the other islands, sniffing out where we can all find safe passage. When they have finished their brave work, we will get more expansions! We should all go to GL's forest and leave them extra food. When they return from their secret mission, they will be hungry!

JeannesThinkin
11-13-14, 05:07 PM
I see a fanfic coming up.

GreasedLightening
11-13-14, 05:13 PM
Lol. I think GreasedLightening's animals are out exploring the dangerous areas we are not allowed to expand to yet. Carefully, slowly, stealthily moving through the fog on the other islands, sniffing out where we can all find safe passage. When they have finished their brave work, we will get more expansions! We should all go to GL's forest and leave them extra food. When they return from their secret mission, they will be hungry!

Awwwwwwh. That's so sweet..thank you.. My food supply is getting low.
What's strange about this whole thing is it only happens when I'm visiting neighbors..their critters are gone, and when I get home so are mine. So I just close out the game and restart, and they all scamper home.
But let me tell you, those new areas look really sweet. Here's hoping for expansions tomorrow. Whoo..hoo!

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 10:55 AM
Ok..day 3 and my critters just took off again. Was visiting A2tude and his critters decided to lead the exploration for new lands as well. And boy do those new lands look great....trees and rocks all cleared....I am really hoping this is leading up to new expansions today. Although I'm not liking my babies disappearing. They could get lost out there in all that new area, and go hungry.

Update. Closed it all out and restarted. All critters home safe and sound. TL could you please put better locks on the gates.

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 11:02 AM
I guess I should also mention that this only happens when I'm visiting neighbors...gotta a couple hundred I try to visit daily..

zenobia42
11-14-14, 11:15 AM
GL, whatever virus has infected your animals has spread to mine as well. I was visiting neighbors last night and suddenly came across a sea of deserted habitats. Worried by the mass disappearance, I returned home to find all my animals had flown (/pranced out of) the coop! It was a ghost town - out of the corner of my eye I think I saw some tumbleweed blow through it. They even took one habitat with them. I felt like I was entering the lost Roanoke colony.

I rebooted and all was well but it was totally creepy!!!

kooky panda
11-14-14, 11:19 AM
I am not having this issue. zenobia what device do you play on? Its current apple software version?

zenobia42
11-14-14, 11:25 AM
I am not having this issue. zenobia what device do you play on? Its current apple software version?

My device and software are the most current there is: iPad Air2 purchased just a couple weeks ago, running iOS 8.1.

zenobia42
11-14-14, 11:32 AM
Here is my Lost Colony:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/d27686ce570a97eab35c80cf3e27e6bd_zps13656e78.jpg?t =1415989562
All those habitats are actually full, and on the third island I actually have a big dark habitat in the apparently empty spot.

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 11:48 AM
Here is my Lost Colony:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/d27686ce570a97eab35c80cf3e27e6bd_zps13656e78.jpg?t =1415989562
All those habitats are actually full, and on the third island I actually have a big dark habitat in the apparently empty spot.

Oh my! Well while I do feel your loss, I have some comfort in knowing my babies aren't alone during all this exploring their doing. Hopefully after today's update or whatever we get will fix this issue.

kooky panda
11-14-14, 11:50 AM
Try leaving your game open for about 10 minutes to see the images start loading.

saucysammis
11-14-14, 11:54 AM
I updated. Afterwards, I was visiting and tapping and suddenly saw lots of cleared open land at neighbors places. Went home and my place was clear too. 24hr Toucan was stilllllllll in breeding......whew! Left the game a couple of times, visited neighbors a couple times left the game again. Now all is as it was. Maybe update is formatting for upcoming ability to expand down under....

zenobia42
11-14-14, 12:00 PM
Try leaving your game open for about 10 minutes to see the images start loading.

Okay, will do the next time all the animals disappear.

I have a slightly different but possibly related problem as well: but for about a 24-hour span a few days ago, my 2 ruby razorbacks are ALWAYS invisible. I can see their shadows, and the shadows occasionally move, but the piggies are invisible, even when everything else is normal and I've had my game open for an hour or more.

Maybe update is formatting for upcoming ability to expand down under....
Oooooooh how I hope you are right!

Oh my! Well while I do feel your loss, I have some comfort in knowing my babies aren't alone during all this exploring their doing. Hopefully after today's update or whatever we get will fix this issue.
Our recklessly exploring critters are probably having a blast. :)

EviBrooklyn
11-14-14, 12:04 PM
Omg zen that's horrible
Just visited you and all seemed fine but looking at your photos it seems like your forest was wiped out by nuclear weapons (I guess this FF glitch qualifies as nuclear).

EviBrooklyn
11-14-14, 12:05 PM
I updated. Afterwards, I was visiting and tapping and suddenly saw lots of cleared open land at neighbors places. Went home and my place was clear too. 24hr Toucan was stilllllllll in breeding......whew! Left the game a couple of times, visited neighbors a couple times left the game again. Now all is as it was. Maybe update is formatting for upcoming ability to expand down under....

Hmm I don't see the connection but I hope you're right and we see some expansion.

[S8] Regina
11-14-14, 12:28 PM
Ok..day 3 and my critters just took off again. Was visiting A2tude and his critters decided to lead the exploration for new lands as well. And boy do those new lands look great....trees and rocks all cleared....I am really hoping this is leading up to new expansions today. Although I'm not liking my babies disappearing. They could get lost out there in all that new area, and go hungry.

Update. Closed it all out and restarted. All critters home safe and sound. TL could you please put better locks on the gates.

My device and software are the most current there is: iPad Air2 purchased just a couple weeks ago, running iOS 8.1.

We tested these accounts on similar devices and we were able to view all the creatures/habitats. Please be sure to open up the app in areas of strong internet connection, leave the app open for 5 minutes to see if all art assets have downloaded. If after waiting 5 minutes and nothing has loaded, please let us know again.

[S8] Regina
11-14-14, 12:31 PM
Here is my Lost Colony:

We checked your account on a similar device and were able to view all creatures, and the habitat in the upper corner. You may be able to improve game performance by closing down background apps to free up more resources for the device. I also recommend opening up the app using strong, stable internet connections to ensure that the art assets are being downloaded properly.

zenobia42
11-14-14, 12:41 PM
My animals and my neighbors' have only all disappeared that once. And I may have had multiple apps running. I was tucked in bed for the night and a little groggy so I'm not sure lol.

Regina, when you opened my forest, could you see my Ruby Razorback in his gem habitat? The invisible ruby that nevertheless casts a shadow is a problem that's been there for about a week, and I believe is independent of the other problem.

ETA: Was it about 45 minutes ago you checked in on my game? Just curious because at that time I harvested and planted new crops in my farms. Then I got the prancing pony and it reverted and I had to do it again. And I JUST now noticed that my battle I fought just before doing that was wiped as well. I had not thought to check back on that when I fixed my crops. Thankfully, I had lost the battle so having that negated means nothing, and now only lost 45 minutes in realizing it. Really I'm just curious if that could be why my game reverted, since that generally doesn't happen to me - I can't even remember the last time it did.

EviBrooklyn
11-14-14, 12:55 PM
My animals and my neighbors' have only all disappeared that once. And I may have had multiple apps running. I was tucked in bed for the night and a little groggy so I'm not sure lol.

Regina, when you opened my forest, could you see my Ruby Razorback in his gem habitat? The invisible ruby that nevertheless casts a shadow is a problem that's been there for about a week, and I believe is independent of the other problem.

ETA: Was it about 45 minutes ago you checked in on my game? Just curious because at that time I harvested and planted new crops in my farms. Then I got the prancing pony and it reverted and I had to do it again. And I JUST now noticed that my battle I fought just before doing that was wiped as well. I had not thought to check back on that when I fixed my crops. Thankfully, I had lost the battle so having that negated means nothing, and now only lost 45 minutes in realizing it. Really I'm just curious if that could be why my game reverted, since that generally doesn't happen to me - I can't even remember the last time it did.

Zen, by the way I see your ruby on the corner habitat. Do you have more than one? The one I see ( and I saw it in the past few days also), seem to be at level 10, it's not a baby.

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 01:00 PM
Regina;1002447']We tested these accounts on similar devices and we were able to view all the creatures/habitats. Please be sure to open up the app in areas of strong internet connection, leave the app open for 5 minutes to see if all art assets have downloaded. If after waiting 5 minutes and nothing has loaded, please let us know again.

Well the only time this happens is when I'm visiting neighbors..When I first arrive at their farms the only thing there is empty habitats with floating stars above them. I am able to tap stars, then exit to home and all my animals are gone and I have floating coins. When I restart game all comes back. This has happened to me twice today while visiting.

zenobia42
11-14-14, 01:02 PM
Zen, by the way I see your ruby on the corner habitat. Do you have more than one? The one I see ( and I saw it in the past few days also), seem to be at level 10, it's not a baby.
My second ruby is flowering. The one that should be in the habitat is level 9.

Thanks for confirming you can see him. I am looking at your forest now and see only 1 - looks like a level 10 - on your third island. Maybe the juvenile form of that animal is just not loaded in my game for some reason - are your others <level 10?

I know I could delete and reinstall my game and there is a good chance the juvenile razorback artwork would load this time, but I am just so loathe to do that because I worry the ugly blue firefox will return. I had to reinstall my game a dozen times, over the course of over a week, to make the ugly blue firefox FINALLY go away again. I really don't want to have to go through seeing the most beautiful creature in my forest become the most ugly again.

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 01:40 PM
Okay so I think I made a connection... As seen below some animals are there.. Not many though. Out visiting again...and it seems when I get a visitor at the same time I'm visiting someone else, that's when the critters disappear.

EviBrooklyn
11-14-14, 01:44 PM
My second ruby is flowering. The one that should be in the habitat is level 9.

Thanks for confirming you can see him. I am looking at your forest now and see only 1 - looks like a level 10 - on your third island. Maybe the juvenile form of that animal is just not loaded in my game for some reason - are your others <level 10?

I know I could delete and reinstall my game and there is a good chance the juvenile razorback artwork would load this time, but I am just so loathe to do that because I worry the ugly blue firefox will return. I had to reinstall my game a dozen times, over the course of over a week, to make the ugly blue firefox FINALLY go away again. I really don't want to have to go through seeing the most beautiful creature in my forest become the most ugly again.

I have 5 in total , 4 level 9 and one level 10

zenobia42
11-14-14, 02:06 PM
I have 5 in total , 4 level 9 and one level 10

Okay then one of my problems is pretty clearly that all razorbacks <level 10 are invisible on my machine. Deleting and reinstalling the game will likely fix that. So now I just have to decide for myself: it doing what it takes to be able to see the young razorbacks worth the chance my firefox might go from beautiful to hideous yet again?

GL: have you tried just leaving your game running and doing nothing for a long time to see if they load? Though I guess if you close and reopen the app and it's all good again, there is no need to try the leave it open route.

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 02:15 PM
Okay then one of my problems is pretty clearly that all razorbacks <level 10 are invisible on my machine. Deleting and reinstalling the game will likely fix that. So now I just have to decide for myself: it doing what it takes to be able to see the young razorbacks worth the chance my firefox might go from beautiful to hideous yet again?

GL: have you tried just leaving your game running and doing nothing for a long time to see if they load? Though I guess if you close and reopen the app and it's all good again, there is no need to try the leave it open route.

Am doing that right now. It happened 3 times now. Haven't restarted yet. Could you pop by for a visit and see if my critters are home?

zenobia42
11-14-14, 02:45 PM
Am doing that right now. It happened 3 times now. Haven't restarted yet. Could you pop by for a visit and see if my critters are home?

They're all there! I sparkled some for you, too. If you miss them, I can post a screenshot. :)

kooky panda
11-14-14, 02:52 PM
Have you tried deleting and redownloading the game?
Also force close out all applications running in the background.

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 02:56 PM
Have you tried deleting and redownloading the game?
Also force close out all applications running in the background.

I have nothing else running except safari. Just sent a message to support. Thanks to you and zen for the suggestions, hopefully support can give me a solution. I will try deleting and reinstalling.

zenobia42
11-14-14, 02:58 PM
I decided to go ahead and risk my firefox's beauty by deleting and reinstalling the game, and all is well now. I can see my piggie and luckily my firefox is still gorgeous. Phew!

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 03:08 PM
I decided to go ahead and risk my firefox's beauty by deleting and reinstalling the game, and all is well now. I can see my piggie and luckily my firefox is still gorgeous. Phew!

That's great. I just did the same. Kind of worried about visiting neighbors though... But I'll brave the terrain and what happens happens...someone will fix it one day....soon.....lol

Update:deleting and reinstalling did not work. Was doing ok visiting..got about 20 neighbors under my belt...when wham......aniamls gone....went home....animals gone...lots of floating coins....so I'm pretty sure this happens only when I get a visit while visiting elsewhere.

EviBrooklyn
11-14-14, 03:31 PM
That's great. I just did the same. Kind of worried about visiting neighbors though... But I'll brave the terrain and what happens happens...someone will fix it one day....soon.....lol

Update:deleting and reinstalling did not work. Was doing ok visiting..got about 20 neighbors under my belt...when wham......aniamls gone....went home....animals gone...lots of floating coins....so I'm pretty sure this happens only when I get a visit while visiting elsewhere.

You don't need to visit us, just send us gems from the comfy of your home lol just kidding :-)
Hope you get all your art and animals back soon. It got to be annoying and you're being a great sport about it

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 03:36 PM
You don't need to visit us, just send us gems from the comfy of your home lol just kidding :-)
Hope you get all your art and animals back soon. It got to be annoying and you're being a great sport about it

Thanks for your support. I do get my critters back, just a pain in the rear to stop visiting, close out....restart....over and over again....ridiculous! I have about 210 neighbors that I try to visit daily, so I am on the go a lot. Oh geeeee's. I just figured out why my critters are disappearing.....their out looking for ME. Lol. Guess I should spend more time at home.

zenobia42
11-14-14, 04:32 PM
Thanks for your support. I do get my critters back, just a pain in the rear to stop visiting, close out....restart....over and over again....ridiculous! I have about 210 neighbors that I try to visit daily, so I am on the go a lot. Oh geeeee's. I just figured out why my critters are disappearing.....their out looking for ME. Lol. Guess I should spend more time at home.

lol - aw, your poor little guys suffer from separation anxiety!

GreasedLightening
11-14-14, 05:51 PM
lol - aw, your poor little guys suffer from separation anxiety!

Oh no...I had no idea.....doctor....doctor....is there a doctor in the house??.? Oh my.....the suffering......the doctor bills....now I'll have to spend all my savings for expansions...I'll have to pay doctor fees....I just can't get ahead..
Lol

EviBrooklyn
11-14-14, 06:36 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha. Can't stop..hahahhahahhaah.
Ok..back on topic. Hahahhahahhaah. Visited some more neighbors and my babies stayed put. Soooo..just maybe they fixed the issue.....

Or they got scared of Medicare ... You know, we're all broke at this point. Oh boy, I laugh bc I don't want to cry ( you know, the expansion issue is making me sick)

Ok back to topic, I uninstall and reinstall this app all the time and maybe that's why I didn't have any issues.

SANDSCApe
11-15-14, 01:31 PM
I get the problem of vanishing animals (and some habitats) quite frequently on Dragon Story, but only experienced it a couple times briefly on Fantasy Forest. It's almost guaranteed to happen during the first couple days after downloading a game update, but may happen again less frequently after that.

I don't fret too much about it. The animals ARE there, and I can still get them to breed, fight, eat, evolve and whatnot even if I can't see them. I seldom have the time or patience to wait for them to rezz while I'm on. On DS, the problem is so bad that I don't bother visiting other islands anymore, especially the very developed ones that are heavy with animations and decorations.

(Now an Evolution Temple that's kidnapping several dragons at once and won't let them out -- that's a real problem I have over there. Temporarily invisible animals? No worries.)

I've always assumed these issues were because I use an old iPhone to play. (For this reasons, none of my dragons fly anymore.) But I'm seeing on this thread that players with new devices and most current iOS are having this problem on Fantasy Forest while my old clunker is fine. So something else is going on. It's not the devices; it's not the iOS; it's not the players' Internet connections. Come on, TeamLava, everything points to the problem being on your side.

JeannesThinkin
11-15-14, 10:44 PM
So for about 4 days, it was okay, even with a few visiting trips. Today, I decided to visit more people, get more stars, and get out of that rock I am living under. And many neighbours later, I get the glitch that seems to affect a lot of people. Except, unlike SANDSCApe, I can't battle.

Lesimony
11-16-14, 07:40 PM
I also have the glitch of disappearing animals/habitats/landscape. It only happens when I have visited about 20 neighbors. I first notice it at a neighbors island, then when I return home it is happening there too. If I close and reopens everything returns. It happens even if I have almost nothing running in the background and am sitting right next to my wifi router. And it doesn't get better if I stay on to "let things load", it gets worse with more and more things disappearing. I'm playing on an iPhone 5S, with iOS 8.1 and FFS 1.4.

zenobia42
11-17-14, 09:03 AM
I also have the glitch of disappearing animals/habitats/landscape. It only happens when I have visited about 20 neighbors. I first notice it at a neighbors island, then when I return home it is happening there too. If I close and reopens everything returns. It happens even if I have almost nothing running in the background and am sitting right next to my wifi router. And it doesn't get better if I stay on to "let things load", it gets worse with more and more things disappearing. I'm playing on an iPhone 5S, with iOS 8.1 and FFS 1.4.

Oh, wow, even the fog-covered obstacles on the unopened island disappear! Have you tried building a habitat in one of those spaces? lol