PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update: 11-11-2014

IsisGarden
11-11-14, 10:14 AM
I am wondering what the update will be like today. I hope it's something cool.

Thankful Feast LTO - 55 Gems
Pilgrim Puppy - 9 Gems
Food Basket - 40,000

Wall Decor
Happy Turkey - 14 Gems
Thankful Wreath - 30,000
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/2dc42768fe436c34bec10a22f2cf64a5_zpsab59a98a.jpg (http://s818.photobucket.com/user/lildea06/media/2dc42768fe436c34bec10a22f2cf64a5_zpsab59a98a.jpg.h tml)

Tables
Thin Reunion - 26,000
Reunion - 33,000
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/e9a825c0e7f8dc9ecef0e53d782ef8e4_zpsb50c0855.jpg (http://s818.photobucket.com/user/lildea06/media/e9a825c0e7f8dc9ecef0e53d782ef8e4_zpsb50c0855.jpg.h tml)

Wallpaper/Floor Tiles
Eggie Wallpaper - 3,000
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/2e4773d104822d292f309adac0834954_zps1fd51d52.jpg (http://s818.photobucket.com/user/lildea06/media/2e4773d104822d292f309adac0834954_zps1fd51d52.jpg.h tml)
Straw Floor Tiles - 1 Gem

Catalogue
Modern Pilgrim
13 Hours
Pilgrim Lace Dresses
Golden Flower Earrings
Elegant Ribbon Heels
Silk Headbands
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/5eae6afd36b3a15e71b97550f3256f21_zps30e0a502.jpg (http://s818.photobucket.com/user/lildea06/media/5eae6afd36b3a15e71b97550f3256f21_zps30e0a502.jpg.h tml)

IsisGarden
11-11-14, 10:14 AM
Happy Veteran's Day to anyone who has served or is serving in the military. Thanks for all you did and all you do. I appreciate your sacrifice. My father and husband both served in the Army.

DragonWished
11-11-14, 10:57 AM
Thank you to our veterans and their families!

Be nice if the update had a "thankfulness" theme.

jewelfang
11-11-14, 11:19 AM
A vet day update would be cool. Military chic. We have one catalogue that is, wouldn't mind another! Thank you to all vets, my father, grandfathers and husband included.

I have guessed we were getting a box for like 3 updates, and I'm guessing it again, lol.

IsisGarden
11-11-14, 11:29 AM
I have guessed we were getting a box for like 3 updates, and I'm guessing it again, lol.

We sometimes get a catalog even if we get a box. I don't want a box, though. Don't have the money to spend on it right now. I'm still a little hurt that I couldn't get the LTO from last week. I need an inexpensive new LTO this week. Fingers, eyes, legs, toes, and hair crossed.

DragonWished
11-11-14, 11:30 AM
A vet day update would be cool. Military chic. We have one catalogue that is, wouldn't mind another! Thank you to all vets, my father, grandfathers and husband included.

Nice idea! I kind of cobbled together a patriotic/military appreciation section in my shop but doing so was a little more difficult than I thought it would be.

angelmama24
11-11-14, 12:36 PM

I was just saying to a friend that a military update would be perfect, but you know TL's poor timing.

God bless all the vets who bravely served their country.

orleansparish
11-11-14, 12:36 PM
Did anyone else level change today?! I just checked my shop, who's LTO stinks btw and saw I'm on level 50. I restarted snd it's still the same. I was level 93 yesterday.

IsisGarden
11-11-14, 12:41 PM
The update is here. It's a Thanksgiving update. I will post pictures later.

andromedablack
11-11-14, 01:05 PM
Nothing special and LTO and closet items super expensive again without reason. Saving gems for BF.

aishaibrahims
11-11-14, 01:10 PM
Its good they did thanksgiving update, but its not for me! I do like the tables and the outfit tho, super cute! Im in england and dont celebrate thanksgiving, so im not really sure what the egg wallpaper is about. Could someone kindly educate me please?

mergirl96
11-11-14, 01:12 PM
This update is ok but it could have been better. There are very few floor items, and the LTO while nice, is definitely not worth 55 gems. The only thing I really like is the catalog. It's super cute and very formal, which is great because we really need more formal clothes. I do think the wallpaper is kinda funny, especially the name "eggie." Still hoping the prices for gem items will come down. Black Friday will be super disappointing if everything is 70+ gems.

angelmama24
11-11-14, 01:14 PM
Its good they did thanksgiving update, but its not for me! I do like the tables and the outfit tho, super cute! Im in england and dont celebrate thanksgiving, so im not really sure what the egg wallpaper is about. Could someone kindly educate me please?

I don't understand the wallpaper either, not to mention that it's incredibly ugly.

angelmama24
11-11-14, 01:16 PM
I'll wait to see a pic of the LTO before I even consider buying it.

CuteTali
11-11-14, 01:16 PM
Strange update, but at least it's not a box. I find the LTO to be very odd, in a way that not only is it not worth spending any gems on, but how highly priced it is for such an item in fashion story. It's not related to fashion whatsoever, has no models at all, it really belongs more in restauant story than in fashion. I would barely even buy such an item for coins, let alone spend that many gems on and present it as a special LTO. Oh well, at least this one was a no brainer to not buy. Only 2 other floor items, one of which is an animal, not liking it at all. The floor basket is nice though and sized well.

The wallpaper makes me want to eat deviled eggs, which is a traditional Thanksgiving menu item (someone was asking why eggs). It's cute and has a retro feel to it.

xxxe
11-11-14, 01:19 PM
30 gems in the closet for the new shoes, which are very nice but look almost identical to the black heels they released with the pretty butterfly outfit a few months ago. Everything except the new earrings are gems in closet and incredibly expensive. My favorite LTO was the summer wedding they released this year. It was so beautiful and I loved every detail of it and it was only 30 something gems. Now a table with food on it is 55 gems. Just doesn't make sense to me. Looks like these gem prices are here to stay which means ill be focusing more of my time on BS, RS and my new favorite FAntsy Forrest.

Natasha_07
11-11-14, 01:20 PM

I'm clueless about the egg wallpaper too.

ReenaMisa
11-11-14, 01:29 PM

This is the new outfit.
Reminds me a little of the Tres Chic outfit though.

Too expensive though! Just wait until Black Friday, I hope they have a sale...

jewelfang
11-11-14, 01:30 PM
On the bright side, they released Thanksgiving stuff well ahead of the holiday, and the catalogue is ok. Although we have lots of formal black, so I don't find it too exciting. The floor food basket is nice, as are the wall d?cor fall wreaths for coins and the tables.

Now to the not so bright. 55 gems for a Thanksgiving buffet table LTO, is that some kind of joke? 15 gems for a tiny turkey wall d?cor, 9 for a tiny dog? 30+ gems for each item in the closet? No, just no.

The gem prices in this game have gotten waaay outa hand. I think Black Friday will be a very telling event that may cause a lot of long time players and gem buyers to lose interest in the game if handled poorly, and I very much fear it will be with what we have seen lately.

On a side note, I am American and have never eaten a deviled egg for Thanksgiving. Maybe it is an east coast or south thing? On the west coast, nope, makes no sense to me. I love deviled eggs, but why would I want that as wallpaper in a fashion game???
This entire update belongs in RS.

DragonWished
11-11-14, 01:43 PM
On the bright side, they released Thanksgiving stuff well ahead of the holiday, and the catalogue is ok. Although we have lots of formal black, so I don't find it too exciting. The floor food basket is nice, as are the wall d?cor fall wreaths for coins and the tables.

Now to the not so bright. 55 gems for a Thanksgiving buffet table LTO, is that some kind of joke? 15 gems for a tiny turkey wall d?cor, 9 for a tiny dog? 30+ gems for each item in the closet? No, just no.

The gem prices in this game have gotten waaay outa hand. I think Black Friday will be a very telling event that may cause a lot of long time players and gem buyers to lose interest in the game if handled poorly, and I very much fear it will be with what we have seen lately.

On a side note, I am American and have never eaten a deviled egg for Thanksgiving. Maybe it is an east coast or south thing? On the west coast, nope, makes no sense to me. I love deviled eggs, but why would I want that as wallpaper in a fashion game???

I was born and raised in New England, deviled eggs were summer party fare not Thanksgiving. The egg wallpaper makes no sense. Otherwise, I like the update and really got a little teary over the uber-traditional dinner table. Takes me back to my childhood. Anyway, it will be fun to have an elegant dinner party ay the shop.

jojopeanut
11-11-14, 01:53 PM
I do like the wallpaper and the wreaths fruit basket well enough. That's about it I'll use these items next year the wallpaper will go well with the orange display with streamers I forgot the name anyway. I'm decked out for Christmas and waiting for BF. Cheers good day

dalula
11-11-14, 02:00 PM
I like how they're doing an earlier holiday update. However, the prices are still high and the XP is still pretty low. The dress is nice, but I don't see how it has to do with Thanksgiving.

dalula
11-11-14, 02:03 PM
Closet Prices:
Dress- 32 gems
Shoes- 30 gems
Earrings- 19,000 coins
Headband- 16 gems
(Sidenote: I'm happy to see headbands :))

JustKay
11-11-14, 04:15 PM
Did anyone else level change today?! I just checked my shop, who's LTO stinks btw and saw I'm on level 50. I restarted snd it's still the same. I was level 93 yesterday.

I think i saw on a different thread that someone said to message support. Seems like a glitch that has been happening randomly. I can't say more.

JustKay
11-11-14, 04:24 PM

While I do think the egg wallpaper looks cool, I sort of agree that the turkey and wallpaper look like they're in the wrong game. The other items also wouldn't look out of place in RS. Maybe they're starting to recycle ideas and images between the games? I guess that's the next level after recycling parts of existing displays. I should mention that RS (or BS) had a train theme! I remember that idea was pitched around on one of the FS threads so there's definitely idea sharing between the different teams.

I do like the outfit though. It's nice even if it's nothing special. Shame only the earrings are for coins.

StevenKevin
11-11-14, 04:41 PM
While I do think the egg wallpaper looks cool, I sort of agree that the turkey and wallpaper look like they're in the wrong game. The other items also wouldn't look out of place in RS. Maybe they're starting to recycle ideas and images between the games? I guess that's the next level after recycling parts of existing displays. I should mention that RS (or BS) had a train theme! I remember that idea was pitched around on one of the FS threads so there's definitely idea sharing between the different teams.

I do like the outfit though. It's nice even if it's nothing special. Shame only the earrings are for coins.

Yes i remember that train theme discussion we had i think for the 90s neon update lol
whatever, entirely agreed: the lto is well designed n very tantalizing. Would it be in RS i would buy it right away. But how can we decently treat fashion customers with a turkey and sweet potatoe pies???? This update really makes me hungry tho and should RS update be totally unrelated tomorrow i might indulge. Ill prob be one of the very few players to do so then it can become a sort of very rare species lol

irlanda_c
11-11-14, 05:08 PM
Nothing for me this week =\

jojopeanut
11-11-14, 06:17 PM
From the Blog

MizCricket
11-11-14, 06:44 PM
Very odd update for FS. The catalog is OK, but TL is making it very easy for people to not even be tempted to spend gems lately. I've left off buyig gems for this game entirely. I used to buy all the time when gem items were reasonably priced and well-designed. Now? Meh.

And deviled eggs for Thanksgiving? Not here on the east coast either. Not by a long shot. Very strange choice of wallpaper design.

jewelfang
11-11-14, 06:57 PM
CuteTali, where do you live that deviled eggs are a traditional thanksgiving menu item? I'm honestly curious.

Also, the LTO is beautifully designed, but I can't see buying it. Maybe if it was one of those displays that was like 9 or 10 gems I would think about it, if it was coins I would get it. But 55 gems is crazy for that item in a fadhion game.

angelmama24
11-11-14, 07:33 PM
I was born and raised in New England, deviled eggs were summer party fare not Thanksgiving. The egg wallpaper makes no sense. Otherwise, I like the update and really got a little teary over the uber-traditional dinner table. Takes me back to my childhood. Anyway, it will be fun to have an elegant dinner party ay the shop.

Hey. I'm a Jersey girl, and deviled eggs are made at Easter. So I'm really confused (almost offended) with this ugly, inappropriate wallpaper. Well, so what. I just won't buy it.

angelmama24
11-11-14, 07:37 PM
From the Blog

Is that a pic of the LTO or do I need my seeing eye dog to interpret?

jojopeanut
11-11-14, 08:23 PM
Is that a pic of the LTO or do I need my seeing eye dog to interpret?

It is the LTO small pic. Sorry

CuteTali
11-11-14, 09:06 PM
CuteTali, where do you live that deviled eggs are a traditional thanksgiving menu item? I'm honestly curious.

Also, the LTO is beautifully designed, but I can't see buying it. Maybe if it was one of those displays that was like 9 or 10 gems I would think about it, if it was coins I would get it. But 55 gems is crazy for that item in a fadhion game.

Deviled Eggs is one of those dishes that everyone has at their home for Thanksgiving in the midwest, it's an old tradition, same with candied sweet potatoes, a big stuffed turkey, pumpkin pie and pecan pie. I've celebrated Thankgiving for years now and these items are always cooked for this holiday everywhere you go around here.

Also I agree about the LTO, if it was for coins, I would buy it, for maybe a couple of gems. I just can't justify dropping that huge amount of my hard earned gems on food in a fashion game. Oh yeah and holiday food, if that, that would sit in storage for the rest of the year.

jojopeanut
11-11-14, 11:28 PM
The food basket (cornucopia) or (horn of plenty) bothers me that it's on the floor yes it's on a cloth, but we're not having picnics and I just don't like food on the floor. This whole update decor wise is just odd.

Edit: Furthermore I think TL should just give up on Thanksgiving for FS. (fall item's fine.) I think they're never sure what to design for it like the green tractor in one of the boxes. I never opened because yes I'm sure I'd won that dreadful prize. A tractor in a boutique ?

JustKay
11-12-14, 01:46 AM
The food basket (cornucopia) or (horn of plenty) bothers me that it's on the floor yes it's on a cloth, but we're not having picnics and I just don't like food on the floor. This whole update decor wise is just odd.

Edit: Furthermore I think TL should just give up on Thanksgiving for FS. (fall item's fine.) I think they're never sure what to design for it like the green tractor in one of the boxes. I never opened because yes I'm sure I'd won that dreadful prize. A tractor in a boutique ?

They did a horn of plenty on a table for a previous thanksgiving. It was on a big 2x2 table and frankly didn't need all that space. I don't know why they don't bring back past items. I personally don't mind it being on the floor. I think I can only really use the food displays in my Japanese Okiya, and in those tiny wooden houses everything is on the floor :p

Looking at the new LTO table, it is crazy packed. I'm not sure it's worth 55 gems, but as a 3x3 they left little empty space. It still doesn't compare to a display with mannequins IMO.

I think the green tractor was actually in a fall themed box; Fall Nostalgia. I don't think it was specific to thanksgiving, but I agree that it is awkward for a boutique. I want a few items from that box but that tractor is the least desired item!

CuteTali
11-12-14, 05:37 AM

It is a bit weird that the food is sitting on the floor, but I found a way to make good use out of it, I got the lounging girl just sitting there all lazy reaching out for fruit to snack on, so that worked for me.

IsisGarden
11-12-14, 10:51 AM
I had to do it. I purchased the LTO. Here's what I did with it.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/16d60079e79e87104d82d67ed715c161_zpsb2dd37ad.jpg

minidemon88
11-12-14, 11:03 AM
The LTO sure looks like it belong to rs than in fashion instead. =.=" Though I do like the puppy. Nothing much to get this week, back to mastering catalogs and saving up gems for BFS!

*I don't even feel like buying gems, seeing how everything cost sooooooo much now! It's getting ridiculous! :mad:

AuntyRose32
11-12-14, 11:04 AM
It looks good IsisGarden, especially the four pastel girls in the back. They look like they don't want to be the first to start pulling that turkey apart so they're all going together for some support....lol. Good idea.
I would LOVE this table in Restaurant Story, it would be so perfect there. I don't think I can spend the gems on it in FS though. It'll be hard not to but I'll regret it later when it's sitting in storage for most of the year.

jewelfang
11-12-14, 11:21 AM
Isis, I love what you did with, it, very creative! :)

I think I would have liked the table more if it hadn't been so VERY thanksgiving. If it had been a turkey dinner with all the fixings on a holiday decorated tablet hat could be used for Thanksgiving AND Christmas dinner, that would have been more worth it, though honestly I still couldn't see spending 55 gems on it.

I am glad some people are getting it though. I hate to se such pretty art wasted.

IsisGarden
11-12-14, 02:22 PM
It looks good IsisGarden, especially the four pastel girls in the back. They look like they don't want to be the first to start pulling that turkey apart so they're all going together for some support....lol. Good idea.
I would LOVE this table in Restaurant Story, it would be so perfect there. I don't think I can spend the gems on it in FS though. It'll be hard not to but I'll regret it later when it's sitting in storage for most of the year.

I like Thanksgiving, so I went ahead and got it. I am still regretting not getting the Safari LTO. I didn't want to end up regretting this one, I went ahead and splurged. Fifty-five gems is alot, though. It's a good thing I like Thanksgiving. :)

IsisGarden
11-12-14, 02:23 PM
Isis, I love what you did with, it, very creative! :)

I think I would have liked the table more if it hadn't been so VERY thanksgiving. If it had been a turkey dinner with all the fixings on a holiday decorated tablet hat could be used for Thanksgiving AND Christmas dinner, that would have been more worth it, though honestly I still couldn't see spending 55 gems on it.

I am glad some people are getting it though. I hate to se such pretty art wasted.

Thanks. It is pretty and I love Thanksgiving, so I went ahead and got it. I may keep it for Christmas dinner. I think it could fit. Fifty-five gems was expensive, but I like Thanksgiving and it came to me to put the mannequins around it, so I got it.

Natasha_07
11-12-14, 03:35 PM
Thanks. It is pretty and I love Thanksgiving, so I went ahead and got it. I may keep it for Christmas dinner. I think it could fit. Fifty-five gems was expensive, but I like Thanksgiving and it came to me to put the mannequins around it, so I got it.

It fits both thanksgiving and Christmas, I would buy it but right now I'm keeping all my gems for BFS.

cakebaby75
11-13-14, 02:37 PM
Can't wait for the Christmas outfits and decorations. December 1st my shop will be a Winter Wonderland! Also saving gems for BFS :)

twospoons
11-13-14, 05:42 PM
like most others, i'm saving for BF this week. I prefer bakery & restaurant to fashion story, because i care way more about food than i do fashion (but i like to decorate, and the avatars are fun, so i stick around here too), but that doesn't mean i want food in my boutique. i did like the wreath though!

jewelfang
11-13-14, 11:34 PM
I didn't buy the table, but I couldn't help it, I made a little fresh pumpkin pie and fruit shop in one corner of my store with the tables and cornucopia s from this update.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CUkWj86RNFA/VGWhjOFbQuI/AAAAAAAAFRM/dC1LnGwr4Kc/w941-h553-no/fashion_story-2014-11-12-12-54-49.png

JustKay
11-14-14, 08:58 PM
lol, pumpkin pies for everyone! it look s a bit like you have one of those conveyer belt ovens that's putting out pies non-stop.

jewelfang
11-14-14, 11:08 PM
lol, pumpkin pies for everyone! it look s a bit like you have one of those conveyer belt ovens that's putting out pies non-stop. Lol, yeah, I Love Lucy style. :)

I'm trying to master the Halloween outfit before Thanksgiving, so I can clear it all out and get Christmas ready ASAP. So I'm just ordering the pumpkin hats (as pies, lol), the dresses, and the orange slacks and orange purses now. My shop is just ORANGE right now. I can't wait for it to be over! So ready for Christmas stuff.

IsisGarden
11-15-14, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to master the Halloween outfit before Thanksgiving, so I can clear it all out and get Christmas ready ASAP. So I'm just ordering the pumpkin hats (as pies, lol), the dresses, and the orange slacks and orange purses now. My shop is just ORANGE right now. I can't wait for it to be over! So ready for Christmas stuff.
I like your corner. The hats do look like pies. So, cool.