PDA

View Full Version : Food that's been on my counters over a year!!!!!!

cpebbles73
11-11-14, 01:49 AM
bakery story need to sell the food a lot faster than it does , food shouldn't take over a year to sell , it should take no more than a month or two , and yes I have a lot of counter with food but I always have and fully mastered menu still finished in a timely fashion . Bakery items are too expensive to take so long to sell and make a profit. This issue need to be resolved because it makes the game slow and boring when you have HALLOWEEN baked good on Valentine's day because they just don't sell fast enough it been over a year and I still have the items

cpebbles73
11-11-14, 02:09 AM
bakery story need to sell the food a lot faster than it does , food shouldn't take over a year to sell , it should take no more than a month or two , and yes I have a lot of counter with food but I always have and fully mastered menu still finished in a timely fashion . Bakery items are too expensive to take so long to sell and make a profit. This issue need to be resolved because it makes the game slow and boring when you have HALLOWEEN baked good on Valentine's day because they just don't sell fast enough it been over a year and I still have the items

And my rating is 100 it always 100 because there's alway food.. It just not moving out fast enough or making enough money

mytsa
11-11-14, 02:13 AM
You must have baked too many dishes at one time,
my Halloween dishes had all been sold more than a week ago, and at the same time I already mastered all 6 recipes.

I believe the fun of this game is not "to earn coins" and expand to its limit, but to create and decorate your own bakery.
Most people spent their coins in expanding, but when the bakery is toooo big, you cannot decorate it easily, especially when you manage to change the floor tiles.

orleansparish
11-11-14, 03:14 AM

If it's a matter or not liking to look at the food or wanting to clear counters for space, it's simple, store the counters. Or stop cooking. Fix your tables to have the minimum anout or tables and chairs allowed, Ignore your stoves and come back in a couple weeks to see what's happened. If you got the gems there should be no attachment to the food. Even if you are trying to make money.

chillez
11-11-14, 06:50 AM
The way I get rid of the new food is I put each serving on a different counter. It takes up a lot of space for a while but now I don't have food of every kind sitting on counters waiting to sell.

LavaRain8
11-11-14, 07:59 AM
I think it would be best to be able to move food to a different counter, as people have suggested. That way, you can transfer the food you've already made to a new counter if you redesign your place and want to get rid of that counter. Otherwise, I just simply stop cooking for a while and let the food sell out if I notice that it's still pretty high. I mastered the Mummy Cupcake and Spider Brownies from the Halloween Edition and I ended up with over 100K of each recipe after it was done, and I still have about 20k of each left to sell.

Another solution could be that they could lower the quantity/buy cost to make it more reasonable to sell out. The bots already eat pretty quickly, but the sheer number of plates just makes it to where you would never really run out. This opposite issue happens on Restaurant Story, where you can run out of food much easier. I think they both could use a bit of tweaking so that there is a happy medium for both.

larissa2k
11-11-14, 09:01 AM
I just cook one thing on all my alliances like red velvet than the other counter seems to sell and in mean time I stock up on red velvet, so that when all of my items run out for a good couple day all I have is red velvet and it's 12 coin item making more coins but also when your making goal food and you don't want it around forever put 4 counters out and don't let them group up to save room they sell much faster when on different counters.

pieandcream
11-11-14, 09:04 AM
I agree. There is an issue with Bakery Story. The simplest way would be be to lower the quantity of food items we get per recipe (please not the coins,those are low already, especially considering the initial investment). TeamLava, please reduce quantity of items produced.

bobbyrae
11-11-14, 10:30 AM
It really does take annoyingly forever to sell off food in bakery story. I too wish the quantities per serving wouldn't be quite so much.

orleansparish
11-11-14, 10:31 AM
I think it would be best to be able to move food to a different counter, as people have suggested. That way, you can transfer the food you've already made to a new counter if you redesign your place and want to get rid of that counter. Otherwise, I just simply stop cooking for a while and let the food sell out if I notice that it's still pretty high. I mastered the Mummy Cupcake and Spider Brownies from the Halloween Edition and I ended up with over 100K of each recipe after it was done, and I still have about 20k of each left to sell.

Another solution could be that they could lower the quantity/buy cost to make it more reasonable to sell out. The bots already eat pretty quickly, but the sheer number of plates just makes it to where you would never really run out. This opposite issue happens on Restaurant Story, where you can run out of food much easier. I think they both could use a bit of tweaking so that there is a happy medium for both.

I wish we could out food on different counters whenever something came out. I always wondered how players would have new counters with food on all of them, especially with stuff that's been out. There isn't even a set way to dictate which counter your food goes on when having multiples. It annoys me. Shouldn't be too hard to do like we can pick when rack clothes go to on fashion. We also need the option to switch from one to the other too.

orleansparish
11-11-14, 10:33 AM
I agree. There is an issue with Bakery Story. The simplest way would be be to lower the quantity of food items we get per recipe (please not the coins,those are low already, especially considering the initial investment). TeamLava, please reduce quantity of items produced.

I think we actually need higher quantities of food. Anything less than 1000 is a pain, especially when I like the look of the food and can't spend forever making it. Right now I'm making food I've already mastered with huge quantities to keep stuff in my shops.

pieandcream
11-11-14, 11:21 AM
I think we actually need higher quantities of food. Anything less than 1000 is a pain, especially when I like the look of the food and can't spend forever making it. Right now I'm making food I've already mastered with huge quantities to keep stuff in my shops.

what design layout are you using that get rids of your food so quickly?

LavaRain8
11-11-14, 11:55 AM

In BS you have food issues too? I know in RS, during goals with those pathetic quantity counts, it's hard to keep my food stocked. But even in BS with their goal food, I never even come close to running out of food. But then again, I don't use the Feeder layout in my restaurant, but I do have a "somewhat efficient" one, so maybe that's the difference?

pieandcream
11-11-14, 12:00 PM
In BS you have food issues too? I know in RS, during goals with those pathetic quantity counts, it's hard to keep my food stocked. But even in BS with their goal food, I never even come close to running out of food. But then again, I don't use the Feeder layout in my restaurant, but I do have a "somewhat efficient" one, so maybe that's the difference?

i switched to fecs, tried groovygus and now back to fecs since my trial said fecs seems to sell quicker.....not convinced though, 3 door groovy should sell fastest. i posted in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64688-Profits-and-Strategy/page14.
still too much food. just keeps piling up at ridiculous rates unless i do low count food (earl grey tea/ red velvet cake) in between. Since i need the gems I cant just do those though.

dragonspearls
11-11-14, 01:34 PM
My observance of my games - both RS & BS - is that your SOCIAL rating, not store rating, is a key variable in how quickly food sells. The higher your social rating, the faster the food sells. Since I've brought and kept my social rating at 4 (after being down to zero for awhile and drowning in food), I don't have an overflow of food.

In BS, recipes that create a massive amount of food do take awhile to sell out, but it sells fairly quickly. I ran out of last month's goal food less than 2 weeks after finishing the goals. I rarely have more than 6 very full counters of food in BS and how quickly they sell down depends on exactly how much food/drink the recipe makes. I also use fec's design.

Different story in RS though. I had to stop using fec's design because I can't keep food in the restaurant, and goal food disappears very quickly due to low amounts. I've been running 2 recipes that I've already completed with large quantities that are relatively short time (3 & 9 hours) to build a stockpile because of running two 22 recipes and a 16 hour recipe. And with new goals due out, if I didn't do this, I'd have no food most of the time. I've rearranged as much as I can with my current set up and size to make customers take longer from entrance to exit, but food still sells quickly. I estimate I sell 45,000+ plates a day. This is since bringing my social rating to 4 and keeping it there. Prior to that, even with fec's design, I had as many as 30 counters of food.

For both BS & RS, I had to stop making food for awhile, maybe a month or two, while I worked on my social rating and sold down the overflow. Since then, no problems with more counters of food than tables for customers.

Bottom line: social rating matters

bobbyrae
11-11-14, 02:23 PM

My observance of my games - both RS & BS - is that your SOCIAL rating, not store rating, is a key variable in how quickly food sells. The higher your social rating, the faster the food sells. Since I've brought and kept my social rating at 4 (after being down to zero for awhile and drowning in food), I don't have an overflow of food.

In BS, recipes that create a massive amount of food do take awhile to sell out, but it sells fairly quickly. I ran out of last month's goal food less than 2 weeks after finishing the goals. I rarely have more than 6 very full counters of food in BS and how quickly they sell down depends on exactly how much food/drink the recipe makes. I also use fec's design.

Bottom line: social rating matters

Well... These two comments. Not something you'll see very often...if at all. The words "need higher quantities of food" "Food selling out fairly quickly" and "bakery story" somehow just do not seem to belong together.

As for social rating affecting food sales...well...i'll leave that one untouched.

ashrb
11-11-14, 02:48 PM
I always use 4 counters, 6 counters max and my food sells fairly quickly. I don't like to have a cluster of counters because it takes way too long to sell out and I don't have the patience for that.

dragonspearls
11-11-14, 02:55 PM
Well... These two comments. Not something you'll see very often...if at all. The words "need higher quantities of food" "Food selling out fairly quickly" and "bakery story" somehow just do not seem to belong together.

As for social rating affecting food sales...well...i'll leave that one untouched.

Like I said, it's my observation/experience with both BS & RS. Yours may vary according to any number of variables. :)

I do recommend fec's design - the modified T is what I think it may be called.

carousel32
11-12-14, 03:58 AM

I'm glad someone else noticed the discrepancy between the games. In BS I have tens of thousands of dishes sitting on counters and in RS I actually run out of food. BS has a lot of high volume dishes. There are 4 hour recipes that net you 1500+ servings. In RS a 12 hour dish can net you 350 servings. I have to keep cooking burritos and quesadillas just to keep food on the counters and can't master any low volume recipes because I run out of food.

Upping the servings in RS would make the games a little easier to keep in synch.

twospoons
11-12-14, 04:08 AM
it's a bakery thread, but i completely agree with the call for higher servings in RS. it's impossible to keep stocked there for me. i don't have the overstock trouble in bakery, but only because i'm careful about it. slower to earn gems that way, but i prefer it to having 30 counters full of food awaiting customers. if i did have that issue, i'd clear any counters that had less than a certain number of servings and stop baking for a while. although maybe not this month if you're trying to earn as much as you can before black friday.

pieandcream
11-12-14, 04:47 AM
it's a bakery thread, but i completely agree with the call for higher servings in RS. it's impossible to keep stocked there for me. i don't have the overstock trouble in bakery, but only because i'm careful about it. slower to earn gems that way, but i prefer it to having 30 counters full of food awaiting customers. if i did have that issue, i'd clear any counters that had less than a certain number of servings and stop baking for a while. although maybe not this month if you're trying to earn as much as you can before black friday.

i'm fine with the food amount in RS. What level are you? lower levels would struggle, but as you get higher its fine. Wouldn't want more food and overall less coins per dish. 4 coins per dish already low.

dragonspearls
11-12-14, 06:21 AM
i'm fine with the food amount in RS. What level are you? lower levels would struggle, but as you get higher its fine. Wouldn't want more food and overall less coins per dish. 4 coins per dish already low.

I'm level 99 and constantly run out of food in RS unless I grind out some high yield recipes I've already completed just to have food. It's worse during goals - without the stockpile I never have food longer than it takes for a new round to cook.

That being said, I don't usually buy more than 6 goal appliances. While I sometimes get annoyed with finishing off an appliance once the goal is done, I don't see the point of zooming through the appliances because I bought 18 of them. Although I may buy more than 6 this time, at least for RS. I do have a few long hour recipes left on the basic oven and stove, as well as appliances I haven't done yet. I'm done with the basic appliances in BS and have a number I haven't started yet, but the appliances are much more expensive and there's a part of me that dislikes dishing out that much coin for as many as 18 appliances that I may never touch again once all the recipes are completed - especially since I don't have the same food issue as in RS.

pieandcream
11-12-14, 06:29 AM
I'm level 99 and constantly run out of food in RS unless I grind out some high yield recipes I've already completed just to have food. It's worse during goals - without the stockpile I never have food longer than it takes for a new round to cook.

That being said, I don't usually buy more than 6 goal appliances. While I sometimes get annoyed with finishing off an appliance once the goal is done, I don't see the point of zooming through the appliances because I bought 18 of them. Although I may buy more than 6 this time, at least for RS. I do have a few long hour recipes left on the basic oven and stove, as well as appliances I haven't done yet. I'm done with the basic appliances in BS and have a number I haven't started yet, but the appliances are much more expensive and there's a part of me that dislikes dishing out that much coin for as many as 18 appliances that I may never touch again once all the recipes are completed - especially since I don't have the same food issue as in RS.

im level 84 or so at the moment and usually have around 6-12 counters full.(counted:15 counters, over 250k dishes atm) im doing regular recipes though for gems.
do you have a special layout? if you are selling too fast block the door or make the walk from door to table longer? XD

kiwi445
11-12-14, 12:06 PM
I wish i had mountains of food that i see alot of my neighbors have! i have the problem of running out!

natalienat518
11-12-14, 12:38 PM
I think the reason TL made the food so VERY slowly (even with an efficient layout you can only sell 45,000/DAY MAX) is that they make you EITHER earn coins (and cannot bake for the time being) OR advance fast to earn free gems (but stock up rapidly with a negative cash flow). In that way, they can force you to either slow your pace down (you can't have the MAX amount of fun) or they force you to buy gems to exchange for coins to continue baking when you just don't have enough money because of the super expensive food where you are not selling fast enough to cover the cost.

dragonspearls
11-12-14, 02:13 PM
im level 84 or so at the moment and usually have around 6-12 counters full.(counted:15 counters, over 250k dishes atm) im doing regular recipes though for gems.
do you have a special layout? if you are selling too fast block the door or make the walk from door to table longer? XD

I use fec's design (modified T?) that I found in the RS discussions. I wrote a post on page 2 of this thread (5th from top) where I gave my observations of the sale of food in both BS and RS. I no longer use fec's in RS, but still use it in BS. With my current set up, I've moved things around as best I can, and am considering a major redesign. Unfortunately, my ability with spatial relationships - and therefore design s****s - suck. So I'm still thinking about it and trying to figure out how to keep some of the design elements I have (outdoor space and special room in addition to main dining area, plus kitchen) while delaying how quickly those ravenous customers of mine consume food.

dragonspearls
11-12-14, 04:05 PM
I think the reason TL made the food so VERY slowly (even with an efficient layout you can only sell 45,000/DAY MAX) is that they make you EITHER earn coins (and cannot bake for the time being) OR advance fast to earn free gems (but stock up rapidly with a negative cash flow). In that way, they can force you to either slow your pace down (you can't have the MAX amount of fun) or they force you to buy gems to exchange for coins to continue baking when you just don't have enough money because of the super expensive food where you are not selling fast enough to cover the cost.

I'm going to disagree with this. While I don't have as many coins in RS as BS, I have 38 million+. I am a conservative player, and in my early levels (prior to 60 or so) I didn't buy what wasn't absolutely needed, and whenever I wanted to expand, I waited until my bank exceeded the expansion cost by at least 10 million. Since level 65 or so - and especially recently, I've been a little freer with my coins.

I wrote a post on page 2 of this thread (5th from top) where I gave my observations of the sale of food in both BS and RS. My observations of my games tell me that social rating is a key variable in how fast food sells. Prior to letting my social rating drop to zero and stay there awhile, I had no real issues with food sales except in RS with the very low yield recipes. Once my social rating bottomed out and stayed that way for 2 or 3 months, my food started stockpiling. So I stopped cooking and baking, and got my social rating up to 4. Sales of food picked up and after awhile I was back to manageable levels in BS while the "out of food" syndrome started in RS. I've kept my social rating up since and food sales are brisk.

There are multiple variables at work in these games including, but not limited to, play style, social rating, restaurant/bakery rating, and layout. All of these can affect how your restaurant/bakery operate, sell food, and earn money.

dragonspearls
11-12-14, 04:06 PM
I wish i had mountains of food that i see alot of my neighbors have! i have the problem of running out!

Be careful what you wish for! Been there, done that, have the mug, shirt, etc. :D

lbakecakesl
11-12-14, 04:32 PM
I've seen neighbors with 30+ counters with food, and always wonder how much food they must have.

The amount of food sold per day does have a limit, and the slow sales are a known problem for a few years now. Ultimately it comes down to how much food you make vs. how much is being sold. Sometimes you really do need to stop making food, as this is more of a decoration game rather than a baking game.

The best thing to do is either dump the food if you're running out of space, or just stop baking and let it run out. Just take a break for a while and come back and see how many of the counters still have food. You generally sell more food out of the game.

filochick1982
11-12-14, 07:11 PM
I sold 4.5million plates of food from Dec 2013 to March 2014. Here's how I did it:

1. Stopped cooking altogether with the exception of cooking for goals. Once I had cooked and served the minimum quantities for these, I stopped cooking with the plan to master the recipes as soon as my existing food sold out.
2. I had an efficient feeding pen layout to minimise the steps each customer took to enter the shop, walk to the tables, eat and then leave. This is how I laid out my bakery for a long time. As you can see, I still decorated but made sure I kept the same layout.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/11359345886_c965b36e14_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/11633188416_12b50d2fc7_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5492/12126723854_790bea918e_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7357/12982175585_5f4173be1d_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7086/13285780994_bff17e4538_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/13734647833_b7801826b8_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7177/13846692515_b08d01cddc_b.jpg

3. For some unknown reason, leaving the app running actually increases the rate at which food is sold so I kept my bakery app open overnight. This means leaving the app actually "on" and not running in the background. You just need to make sure your device is plugged so it doesn't run out of battery life, your settings for auto-lock are set to "never" so your screen doesn't die out, and that you have the game in "camera mode" the entire time so the pop up windows don't come up.

4. Selling out food takes patience! I never once considered throwing my food away and just storing the counters. That food cost me precious coins to cook, so there was no way I was throwing that down the drain and getting nothing in return.

neurotika
11-15-14, 01:29 AM
my tab broke and i only got a new device to play on after 2 weeks. i got to sell around 550k servings and cleared 12 counters only. i have a pig pen layout with 7 doors. since i was out it means that my social rating was zero so i don't know about the social rating.
trying to stop cooking but i have this urge to master all the recipes and earn gems. i'm quite frustrated with my nearly 100 counters full of food. i now have 22m in coins but trying to ignoring my negative cash flow.

filochick1982
11-16-14, 05:40 AM
my tab broke and i only got a new device to play on after 2 weeks. i got to sell around 550k servings and cleared 12 counters only. i have a pig pen layout with 7 doors. since i was out it means that my social rating was zero so i don't know about the social rating.
trying to stop cooking but i have this urge to master all the recipes and earn gems. i'm quite frustrated with my nearly 100 counters full of food. i now have 22m in coins but trying to ignoring my negative cash flow.

That's why I accumulated so much food too, from trying to master all the recipes. You just need to patient when it comes to trying to sell out your food.

HelloAnnieSmiles
11-16-14, 07:31 AM
I think part of the challenge of this game is to balance your seating vs. cooking. When I have too much food (and it's happened MANY times!), I usually add more seats and stop cooking for 1-2 days. That always helps get things balanced out again. I tend to get focused on getting more and more ovens, and then forget that I need to be expanding the restaurant too.