PDA

View Full Version : Revealing information on game dynamics and probabilities

riddledom
11-10-14, 12:12 AM
When reading in the forums it becomes pretty clear that many people have ideas, superstitions and hunches about how some aspects in the game work. In particular breeding is of course of great interest to all players. I know from the Castle story forum that in there team lava started to reveal some of the probabilities of certain drops (monsters), and apparently also for Dragon story some of the game aspects are known. So I was wondering whether you would consider doing the same for Fantasy forest story. I think many players would appreciate it. Here are some of the questions that come to my mind, maybe others could post theirs in the comments.

Does the rarity of the animals used for breeding influence the breeding result? (apparently in DS it doesn't)
Do all four colors have the same chance to yield a Unicorn for all players? Or does everyone have to find "their" elements? Or even their animal pair?
People suggest certain breeding pairs for certain outcomes (the ones that have worked for them), does that have any base at all (apart of course from the elements included)?
There was an interesting idea about "breeding cycles" i read about a while ago: the player suggested that certain animal outcomes were bound to certain times, such that you have a longish time window for a common drop, followed by a short window for a rarer animal and so on. I think this system doesn't sound too plausible, but only you can tell.
How random is the whole system? I feel I should have more duplicates (of rare animals in particular) if it was comletely random, but again, this is just one of those hunches. So do the animals I already have influence the breeding outcome?
When battling, do both buttons have the same chance for a critical hit?

I know that humans are notoriously bad in reasoning about probabilities, and we also see patterns where in fact there is just chaos. So please consider enlightening us a little.