PDA

View Full Version : Help

PurpleScorpion76
11-08-14, 05:15 AM
I've been playing since the beginning of the Halloween event, I'm now level 20 and have 27 quests in my book.

I can't keep up, it takes around 3 weeks to get one rare dragon in my quest book (using the devil dragon as an example) though I did get cosmos after about a week. Is there anyway to ditch the egg when you know you already have it? Rather than speeding up with gold? Or is this all normal? Will I ever be able to catch up ?

Also it's asking me to make a magic dragon and others with colours I don't have ie purple, white, etc but it's not telling me how to make the white or purple one in the first place.

Oh and one more thing, it's asking me to make a lotus dragon but I'm not even level 23 yet how is that possible? Why give me the quest?

ciarjen
11-08-14, 07:12 AM
I am at level 150 and have 288 dragons and my quest book is still so long that I cannot even scroll through it all without getting bored, lol.

I would suggest that you ignore the quests as you will never be able to keep up. All you need to do is make sure that you open them when they say "New". That way if you complete them you will automatically get the reward.

My advice on breeding is to try to breed the Diamond dragon. You need to use at least 4 elements in your combo. It is very difficult to breed and you will get lots of good fails in the meantime.

Do a search on a breeding calculator and find combos which give you fails that you have not got.

Another way of getting dragons, particularly limited ones (which you don't want to miss out on) is through events which tend to happen every month or so. Do stand the best chance of getting all prizes you need at least 6 large farms (the ones that allow you to plant 5,8,20 hour foods) so I would suggest making it a goal to expand to be ready for this.

In preparation for tournaments, use your food to level up super rare dragons to epic if you can. Take the other dragons up to either a level 4 or 7 and save your food for when you will need it when you start to get more super rares which can cost over 100,000 in food to level up.

While you are saving up food, level up to 4 your duplicate fails and then trade them for gems in the trading portal.

Lotus is easy to get when you unlock it. You need 99 parts which you can request from neighbours and receive 20 per day, then you can craft it in the spell shop.

ciarjen
11-08-14, 07:16 AM
You can get magic with water and fire but you are better off breeding 4 elements instead of 2 because then you have a chance of a Diamond. Search Breeding calculator. You will end up with plenty of magic fails over the course of your gameplay and they are 20 hours long, so a real pain :)

roguebee
11-08-14, 07:57 AM
The white color comes from the Light dragon you can purchase with coins. You'll also need to buy a habitat for him. The purple dragon (Magic) comes from breeding a red (Fire) and a blue (Water). You'll need to buy a habitat for him too.

PurpleScorpion76
11-08-14, 08:27 AM
Is a good fail a fail at getting the diamond but you get something else that you don't have instead?

Thanks for all the responses so far. You've all been very helpful.

ciarjen
11-08-14, 08:41 AM
Is a good fail a fail at getting the diamond but you get something else that you don't have instead?

Thanks for all the responses so far. You've all been very helpful.

Yes. For example if you breed the common Firestorm (red/yellow) with the common Island (blue/green) you have a chance of getting a diamond dragon from the 4 elements. In fact there are a total of 40 possible outcomes with super rares like Snowman and Winter Rose included. The common Magic is also a possible fail.

Breeding calculators are searchable on the internet. We are not allowed to post links or mention sites on this forum.

Anaboe
11-10-14, 06:52 PM
I've written a guide especially for beginning players (lvl 10-50): http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69085-An-(as-short-as-possible)-Introduction-to-Dragon-Story&p=909540#post909540. I think most of your questions will be answered there :)

PurpleScorpion76
11-11-14, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone :)