PDA

View Full Version : Christmas!�� Update 12-2-14

Ev3sfarm
11-08-14, 05:10 AM
I know we are pretty early even though its advertised all over the telly but im so looking forward to christmas on my farm ! Im saving my gems already.

reewinder
11-08-14, 05:56 AM
I already started putting out some of my decorations from last years Christmas event....well it wasn't really an event but was nice. Got my tree up and snowman out along with the peppermint paths.

lips2129
11-11-14, 12:36 AM
When does christmas theme start

nicola211982
11-11-14, 02:51 AM
.... And will it start for Android players?

finaidyoda
11-13-14, 08:42 AM
I am decorated for Chrsitmas also, but now they are going to have a Thanksgiving event. If it is like the Halloween one I am not going to try unless I can easily get the dog and cat shown. And the cances of that happening are slim to none LOL!

flying77
12-01-14, 09:22 AM
It looks to me like they have pulled all support incl christmas items that we have koved so much...as they want everyone to go to farm story 2. Reviews and forum posts show tons of upset people. Team lava doesnt respond and continues to offer up nothing new. Its a pitiful shame as we all love it so much and the game wont die despite their efforts to destroy it.

WhiteRabbit89
12-06-14, 10:07 AM
So... Is this TL's version of Christmas:confused:? I wasn't playing FS2 last Christmas so I don't really know how it was back then but from the awesome decorations I saw in other farms and the amazing events we had so far I expected much more for this Christmas. What a huge disappointment... :( no event, no quests but only useless and huge decorations and gems pets...

olcastle
12-06-14, 07:11 PM
Thank you so much for the Gingerbread village, TL! My wish came true!
I'm hoping for more decorations and the snowy terrain as we had last year.

princessskykennedy
12-06-14, 11:25 PM
Hoping it snows soon on my farm too!!

nukesters2
12-07-14, 12:57 AM
Gingerbread decor is really beautiful!! Does anyone know, if you buy the one for the silo, does it color all of your silos? Or does it cost $90,000 to do each one? Same thing for the windmill. Thanks in advance for any help :)
Oops i just realised it is for the silo....we only have one if those! I was thinking of the feed mill. Still wondering about the windmill though, it would look funny to have just one done, but who could afford to do 4 of them?! :)

CheleDaisy
12-07-14, 09:50 AM
My CHRISTMAS WISH LIST:
Snow! Snow! Snow!
Items from last year: beautiful pine trees, peppermint crop, peppermint bark, and egg nog. (I still have the latter 3 items in my barn from last year!)
All other lovely surprise items TL creates!
Thanks, can't wait!

minidemon88
12-07-14, 10:33 AM
Actually I'm kinda surprised to see all these seasonal pets available in the market for direct purchase. Don't have to do event like a mad woman just hoping to win one pet or two or nada if you're unlucky. So for that I'm kinda relieved. Although I do prefer event that is more fair like those community based type and not those random luck based event. But does anyone feel that the pricing for the pets are getting more and more expensive? 300 gems for a Santa cat, 320 for a gingerbread cat, 320 for a elf chinchilla? All of these seasonal pets cost more than 300 gems each!! And the drop rate for gem/premium part is a joke now. I remember back then, it cost about 240-260 for each pet at most. Earning gem isn't as easy compared to the other games, let alone saving them up for something you like. Also we seldom get animal/building skin that cost coins, most of them are gems only now. If you've been playing fs2 for a long time, you'll know it's kinda different now compared to the last time. I missed getting the seasonal edition, the holiday contents and the gingerbread train station! :(:(

Oh, speaking of the gingerbread cat. Does anyone feel that it look kinda fake like a plush toy or is it me? Lol :p Though I'm kinda upset that they're pulling out the Russian blue cat so soon. Couldn't get it in time. So bye bye blue cat! *sigh*

minidemon88
12-07-14, 10:36 AM
Gingerbread decor is really beautiful!! Does anyone know, if you buy the one for the silo, does it color all of your silos? Or does it cost $90,000 to do each one? Same thing for the windmill. Thanks in advance for any help :)
Oops i just realised it is for the silo....we only have one if those! I was thinking of the feed mill. Still wondering about the windmill though, it would look funny to have just one done, but who could afford to do 4 of them?! :)

I'm guessing it's a one-time purchase only. Something like the animal skins, whereby you just need to purchase once and you can use it on all your animals.

nukesters2
12-07-14, 07:34 PM
I'm guessing it's a one-time purchase only. Something like the animal skins, whereby you just need to purchase once and you can use it on all your animals.

Yes, bought once for the windmill, was able to do both windmills.
The detail on the gingerbread is so beautifully done! I can't wait till we get our snow on the farm! it will look really pretty!

Droptilushop2
12-08-14, 04:01 AM
.... And will it start for Android players? Can a moderator please respond to this question please & not with the usual reply that FS2 is still new to Android. Android is pretty much up to date with Bakery Story so why not FS2?? What's with that?? With only train deliveries to complete, the game is fast becoming boring.

I don't want to get my tinsel in a tangle but I'm sure all Android players want Christmas down on their farm.

WinnyWoos
12-08-14, 10:09 AM

I think you've confused Silo for Feed Mills cause we just have 1 Silo. So the $90k skin only goes on the Silo. I wish it was the feed mills tho cause then we could put the skin on all of them:(

WinnyWoos
12-08-14, 10:13 AM
Yes, bought once for the windmill, was able to do both windmills.
The detail on the gingerbread is so beautifully done! I can't wait till we get our snow on the farm! it will look really pretty!

Aww I wanna come see your windmills!! I've been trying to decide if I want to buy that since I have 2 it could be used on:D I bet they are so pretty:)

sassybrittt
12-08-14, 12:42 PM
Are they not doing a Christmas event? I have so much fall stuff from the fall event and the thanksgiving event that I was hoping to get Christmas stuff from an event. I don't have enough gems to buy the Christmas pets and I barely have enough to buy the decorations for the silo.

babs3449
12-08-14, 01:03 PM
I agree with sassybrittt. I was hoping for a Christmas event, especially since there was a thread asking for suggestions for Christmas. I don't have enough gems or coins to get anything good!

How does it happen that we get snow?

Doncourt
12-08-14, 08:02 PM
Last year was WAY better. They created a whole new game where it was snowing. It was magical! Now we only get an expensive cat or those ugly gingerbread skins? Plus mine is saying I already purchased both cats when I purchased neither! I'm going to email TL... again! :(

Doncourt
12-08-14, 08:09 PM
Last year was WAY better. They created a whole new game where it was snowing. It was magical! Now we only get an expensive cat or those ugly gingerbread skins? Plus mine is saying I already purchased both cats when I purchased neither! I'm going to email TL... again! :(

nukesters2
12-08-14, 11:56 PM
Aww I wanna come see your windmills!! I've been trying to decide if I want to buy that since I have 2 it could be used on:D I bet they are so pretty:)
You can send me an invite! :) I love them!!

ella012
12-09-14, 06:39 AM

Do you have 9 cats already placed in your farm? If so you won't be able to buy any cats. Put one in the cellar first before you purchase either Santa or Gingerbread cat.

Doncourt
12-09-14, 06:42 AM
Do you have 9 cats already placed in your farm? If so you won't be able to buy any cats. Put one in the cellar first before you purchase either Santa or Gingerbread cat.

Thanks for the tip! As a matter of fact I do have 9 cats! :cool:

pundoggity
12-09-14, 11:26 AM
Be patient :)
Im sure TL is working on our xmas goodies.
It didnt start this early last year. Im guessing it will happen a week or so before xmas ;)

sassybrittt
12-09-14, 11:33 AM
I agree with sassybrittt. I was hoping for a Christmas event, especially since there was a thread asking for suggestions for Christmas. I don't have enough gems or coins to get anything good!

How does it happen that we get snow?

I started playing this game before the birthday event and ever since then I have been hoping for a christmas one. If they're worried about too many events, I could have easily gone without TWO fall themed events, one of which was beyond confusing and frustrating for a lot of people. I've done a birthday, tiki/luau (can't remember if they were the same or different), carnival, halloween, fall, and thanksgiving event. Everything just ends up in my cellar lol. A Christmas event is the one I was hoping for.

I'm assuming they'll just update all our games to give us snow. Kind of like how everything got decorated for Halloween.

OliveK8
12-09-14, 01:36 PM
I would have thought Pipers Tree House would be offering Christmas goodies by now. Am hoping more will be on offer than currently - come on TL, I need a Christmas Tree to decorate my farm :)

nukesters2
12-09-14, 01:54 PM
Dragon story got the Winter wonderland event today....I find it funny they call it a winter event and the dragons include christmas tree and nutcracker....and there is a north pole... why not just call it a Christmas event? don't want to offend anyone who doesn't celebrate it yet that's what it is..... lol..... anyway...I do not remember what day of the week Farmstory 2 does the updates? I know BS and RS are wednesdays, and obviously DS is tuesday.... anyone know what day of this week we could look for something? There is still no snow or decorations in DS even though the world event is on....hoping that will come soon for all the games!

SeaJelly77
12-09-14, 04:36 PM
Game update is usually Friday �� I hope we get a horse prize that looks like Rudolph or something!!! Tired of the dogs and cats :(

Doncourt
12-09-14, 06:20 PM
I would have thought Pipers Tree House would be offering Christmas goodies by now. Am hoping more will be on offer than currently - come on TL, I need a Christmas Tree to decorate my farm :)

Yes! Usually Piper's treehouse offers prizes from prior year's events. Come on TL, give us something! It's the most festive event of the year! 🎄

orleansparish
12-09-14, 06:45 PM
The items are cute but way overpriced. No way am I spending so much on that light display or decor for a building. I would love the gingeebread cat but Ive enough pets. What I really want is that tree from last year but nooooo, They won't let us open last years version. I'm sure we will get one friday but I just hope it isn't lame compared to the other one.

WinnyWoos
12-09-14, 07:35 PM
Dragon story got the Winter wonderland event today....I find it funny they call it a winter event and the dragons include christmas tree and nutcracker....and there is a north pole... why not just call it a Christmas event? don't want to offend anyone who doesn't celebrate it yet that's what it is..... lol..... anyway...I do not remember what day of the week Farmstory 2 does the updates? I know BS and RS are wednesdays, and obviously DS is tuesday.... anyone know what day of this week we could look for something? There is still no snow or decorations in DS even though the world event is on....hoping that will come soon for all the games!

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Kinda like how some say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" for fear of offending someone. Lol and smh at the same time:rolleyes:

lips2129
12-10-14, 11:13 AM
What time does the holiday celbration start

kooky panda
12-10-14, 11:53 AM
The new Event will probably come out around the same time that normal updates come out . (Fridays around 3:00 -3:30 pm Pacific time)

You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the TL time zone (PST).

New-Event-Holiday-Celebration-December-12-2014 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76047-New-Event-Holiday-Celebration-December-12-2014)

A2TUDE
12-12-14, 02:10 PM
I think it's 2hrs away I live in Sydney Australia were 13hrs in front of San Fransico it's 810am Saturday morning.