PDA

View Full Version : New items in the studio

KylieandKrissy
11-07-14, 04:21 PM
Hi I have noticed that there are two new items in the studio, a jumper and the wool to make the jumper. You make the wool from a white flower that you plant, but I don't have any flowers to plant as when I go to plant it shows zero. Help how do I get the flower?

Clark_Wayne
11-07-14, 04:26 PM
I just saw them too.
You have 4 starting plant in crops

KylieandKrissy
11-07-14, 04:39 PM
Thanks before it said zero but now I have four ��

bss18974
11-07-14, 04:48 PM
Are they nuts?

The cotton takes 5 and a half hours to mature

The cotton yarn takes 5 hours to craft

The sweater takes 6 hrs 15 min to make...

Watch us start getting delivery/train orders for 5 of these.

I don't know what they're thinking...

Clark_Wayne
11-07-14, 04:54 PM
LOL as usual , they want us to cry and shout and curse ! :D

bunny2889
11-07-14, 06:56 PM
I personally like the longer stuff, I make that stuff overnight while I sleep, and may even set it up to keep making the long stuff while I'm at work, so I have a good supply. I just focus on stocking up on materials first. Super excited to see some new things!!!!!!!

Sanibelsue
11-07-14, 08:40 PM
I am not seeing the option to make a sweater only the yarn. What level is the sweater? Thanks!

minidemon88
11-08-14, 12:48 AM
I am not seeing the option to make a sweater only the yarn. What level is the sweater? Thanks!

Could be level 50, caused I'm able to see both the yarn and the sweater option.

ciarjen
11-08-14, 03:11 AM
Are they nuts?

They are not nuts; this is all part of their strategy which slows down players in the game, particularly the higher level ones and they count on the fact that people will fall for the pretty items without doing the maths on them.

Every time I see a poll asking us what new items we want, I think it is like turkey voting for Christmas.

More items just makes the game more difficult. Every longer time/higher value item you make you lose profit in your resources on the simple quick items you would have produced. Every new items needs more barn space and the more items there are the more difficult it is to fulfill plane and train orders.

You need 2 of these yarn (craft time 10 hours) to make the sweater which you have to craft for 6hrs 15 mins. That's a total 16hr 15 mins that your Studio will be tied up making one item. It will be interesting to see what the sweater sells for and I would guess it would in no way compensate for the loss of profit from the Studio in those 16+hours and the loss of profit from your plots.

The yarn needs cotton which you are going to need 6 plots for and it will take about 5 hours. If you were growing flax, for example, in 5 hours you grow 60 plants and sell them for 1260 coins - all pure profit.

Sanibelsue
11-08-14, 07:36 AM
Could be level 50, caused I'm able to see both the yarn and the sweater option.
Thanks!

orleansparish
11-08-14, 10:13 AM
Are they nuts?

It's annoying. My hot air balloon asked me for four pears this morning. Trees just came out last evening. How the heck am I supposed to provide items thst haven't even been able to fully grow? Today I also for delivery requests for the yarn, the pear pizza and juice. Beyond stupid. This game is trying to get on my bad side.

ella012
11-08-14, 11:03 AM
You need 2 of these yarn (craft time 10 hours) to make the sweater which you have to craft for 6hrs 15 mins. That's a total 16hr 15 mins that your Studio will be tied up making one item. It will be interesting to see what the sweater sells for and I would guess it would in no way compensate for the loss of profit from the Studio in those 16+hours and the loss of profit from your plots.

The yarn needs cotton which you are going to need 6 plots for and it will take about 5 hours. If you were growing flax, for example, in 5 hours you grow 60 plants and sell them for 1260 coins - all pure profit.

Sweater sells for 392 coins max and Yarn sells for 178 coins max
Cotton is 49 each max price

ciarjen
11-08-14, 11:32 AM
Sweater sells for 392 coins max and Yarn sells for 178 coins max
Cotton is 49 each max price

Thanks Ella, that's as I thought it would be, in line with similar types of complicated, long craft items.

Use 6 plots for 5.5 hours and the Studio for 16 hours to grow cotton and make a sweater and you will make a profit of 392 coins.

Or grow flax in 6 plots for 5.5 hours and make 1386 coins in profit and use the Studio for 16 hours to craft 8 linen flours and make 168 net profit (each flower sells for 101 but needs 2 flax/1 wool which cost 80, net profit 21 coins). Total profit using the same amount of resources and hours is 1554 coins compared to 392 for the sweater.

Rynetory2
11-08-14, 11:39 PM
Something is obviously wrong with the price of yarn and sweater. Is there a mistake TL?

ciarjen
11-09-14, 03:04 AM
Something is obviously wrong with the price of yarn and sweater. Is there a mistake TL?

I would say No. It is in line with all other similar items and how the game is set up in general.

The most profitble items are the simple, quick recipes using a basic ingredients. The more complicated a recipe, in that you need to have several ingredients which also have to be crafted, the more profit you lose on what you could have been making in those resource buildings.

I rarely make the high value items because it is cheaper to buy them at max price in the market rather than make them and lose the profit on what I could have been making instead.

I've grown cotton overnight (btw it looks great!)because when I am sleeping it is the most profitible crop to use. I've sold it in batches of 3 but during the day I will use my plots for shorter crops when I have opportunity to harvest regularly. I am sure we will start to see the yarn/sweaters appearing in the market soon and I will be buying them for deliveries.

ciarjen
11-09-14, 03:13 AM
Duplicate post

orleansparish
11-09-14, 07:07 AM
When we complain enough and Clarjen breaks the numbers down and how things don't add up, we sometimes get a manager in to fix the prices. So we just have to let them know of our grips. I have 8 pieces of yarn going in my studios right now. Between the time the cotton takes, the pears being two days, and my being asked for those items over and over again its a pest.

Rynetory2
11-09-14, 08:14 AM
No one will be selling these items at this ridiculous price! Dessert pizza sells for more yet takes 5 hours to make.

TL - Pls look into adjusting the price

ciarjen
11-09-14, 10:06 AM
When we complain enough and Clarjen breaks the numbers down and how things don't add up, we sometimes get a manager in to fix the prices. So we just have to let them know of our grips. I have 8 pieces of yarn going in my studios right now. Between the time the cotton takes, the pears being two days, and my being asked for those items over and over again its a pest.

No one will be selling these items at this ridiculous price! Dessert pizza sells for more yet takes 5 hours to make.

TL - Pls look into adjusting the price

I would love to see prices adjusted of many items but I can't see it happening because I think the game is deliberately designed to be this way.

When the cornstarch was released I broke down the numbers here on the forum and appealed to them, more than once, to review the prices or cut the crafting time but they didn't. And cornstarch affects a number of items as it is an ingredient.

Every time you make a packet of cornstarch you are losing a potential profit of 133 coins in your windmill.

Cornstarch needs 4 corn @ 7=28, sells for 45, net profit = 17
Flour needs 2 wheat @ 3 = 6, sells for 31, net profit = 25

You can make 6 flour in the time it takes to make cornstarch, so that is a net profit of 150 versus 17 for the time spent in the windmill. Loss of profit is 133 if you make cornstarch.

Even if you craft 15 minute flour overnight you will still be making more profit than if you are crafting cornstarch.

The cobbler and the pudding both need two cornstarches, so you are down 266 coins even before you start making them. There there is the other ingredients that they need......I could go on and on with this stuff.........but really the bottom line is that it is cheaper to buy a lot of items at full price than to make them.

Rynetory2
11-10-14, 10:09 PM
I would love to see prices adjusted of many items but I can't see it happening because I think the game is deliberately designed to be this way.

When the cornstarch was released I broke down the numbers here on the forum and appealed to them, more than once, to review the prices or cut the crafting time but they didn't. And cornstarch affects a number of items as it is an ingredient.

Every time you make a packet of cornstarch you are losing a potential profit of 133 coins in your windmill.

Cornstarch needs 4 corn @ 7=28, sells for 45, net profit = 17
Flour needs 2 wheat @ 3 = 6, sells for 31, net profit = 25

You can make 6 flour in the time it takes to make cornstarch, so that is a net profit of 150 versus 17 for the time spent in the windmill. Loss of profit is 133 if you make cornstarch.

Even if you craft 15 minute flour overnight you will still be making more profit than if you are crafting cornstarch.

The cobbler and the pudding both need two cornstarches, so you are down 266 coins even before you start making them. There there is the other ingredients that they need......I could go on and on with this stuff.........but really the bottom line is that it is cheaper to buy a lot of items at full price than to make them.

To ciarjen, TL did adjust the prices previously for several long hours items in another thread. That's why I'm asking.