PDA

View Full Version : Beehive Upgrade - 11-2014

klengenhues
11-07-14, 02:04 PM
I've just noticed that when you click on the beehive, there is an upgrade shown, but it doesn't work. Did someone else noticed it ?

Edit (KP)

Expansions available:
First expansion adds 1 extra honey
Collect 2 honey 3 beeswax. 10 each planks, screws, hammers

Second expansion adds 1 extra beeswax
Collect 2 honey 4 beeswax. Needs 20 of each tool

Third expansion
Adds another honey
Collect 3 honey 4 beeswax. Needs 30 of each tool

Fourth expansion
Adds another beeswax
Collect 3 honey 5 beeswax. Needs 45 of each tool.

Fifth expansion
Adds another honey, needs 60 of each tool.

Don't know if there's more expansions. Haven't done this one... Not worth it
What we need is an option to load tools to the expansion so we can complete this without having to have 180 available spaces in the barn. If there's another expansion, what are we going to need? 75 of each is my guess... Space for 225 pieces!

SparklyOctopus
11-07-14, 02:21 PM
Sorry to hear about it! Have you tried force closing and opening the game again? Please let us know if this is still an issue after the force close. :)

klengenhues
11-07-14, 02:28 PM
thx, it works now. :-))))

bss18974
11-07-14, 07:59 PM
Expansions available:

Third expansion
Adds another honey

Fourth expansion
Adds another beeswax

Fifth expansion

What we need is an option to load tools to the expansion so we can complete this without having to have 180 available spaces in the barn. If there's another expansion, what are we going to need? 75 of each is my guess... Space for 225 pieces!

Sanibelsue
11-07-14, 08:36 PM
Sure don't need all that bees wax IMHO

minidemon88
11-08-14, 01:07 AM
Finally, we are able to upgrade our beehive. Thank you TL!

I upgraded my beehive to the first level. But was kinda shocked when I saw the requirements needed for the next level, 20 of each tool seriously? And all we get is +1 beeswax??? I see the requirements get higher and higher, but it just only +1 to the honey/beeswax during each upgrade only. :rolleyes:

I'd rather search for the beeswax/honey in the newspaper or in my neighbor's shops instead. Not worth upgrading further on! :mad:

rosewaterlily
11-08-14, 01:15 AM
Wow that is a crazy amount of tools to upgrade--I'm still working on my water garden expansions so any extra hammers/wood/bricks go towards that. And you only get extra honey every two levels instead of one? Eh. Maybe I'll do the first upgrade eventually but no way on the others. Thanks for letting us know, bss18974.

bbieprnc
11-08-14, 06:51 PM
Is this only available to iOS players?? Again?

Rynetory2
11-08-14, 11:42 PM
This upgrade sucks up more tools than barn or silo upgrades. I stopped after the first upgrade, not worth using so many tools just for an extra 1 honey pot or wax.

ciarjen
11-09-14, 03:21 AM
Expansions available:

Third expansion
Adds another honey

Fourth expansion
Adds another beeswax

Fifth expansion

180 tools just for one upgrade????? :D:D:D

How is anyone going to manage barn space while collecting those tools. I would guess it would take many months to get them, perhaps a year - hammers are as rare as paint for me.

All for one honey, lol. It's actually quite funny.

dragon2046
11-09-14, 10:28 AM
I agree. We definitely need the honey so I'm glad TL listen to our needs but wow ! That is a crazy amount of tools for very little return. They should've started at like 5 of each and went up five each from there a bit more reasonable. So thanks for listening TL well sort of. Lol

orleansparish
11-09-14, 12:02 PM
I'm always buying honey in the stand because I'm forever making blackberry jam for the PBJ or whatever else I need for the train. So I'm always low and always snatch it up when I see any for sale. I'm also making a lot of tea now. So upgrades are amazing for me. Problem is, who the heck has those number of tools laying around?! I just got rid of 80 maps by expanding. Some things are just frivolous. The requirements are one of them.

PookieBear50
11-10-14, 12:27 PM
Knowing the very remote likelihood of being able to acquire enough tools to fully upgrade, I have a feeling I will end up only upgrading once, to get an extra jar of honey. That alone is enough to help me out...at the very least, it will be one additional jar of honey every 3 hours, an immense improvement over what I can get now.

kisten
11-11-14, 09:21 AM
Knowing the very remote likelihood of being able to acquire enough tools to fully upgrade, I have a feeling I will end up only upgrading once, to get an extra jar of honey. That alone is enough to help me out...at the very least, it will be one additional jar of honey every 3 hours, an immense improvement over what I can get now.

My suggestion is to keep an eye in the market as often as your eyes can spare them. Majority of my honey is not harvest from my farm but from scouring the market.

PookieBear50
11-11-14, 01:38 PM
My suggestion is to keep an eye in the market as often as your eyes can spare them. Majority of my honey is not harvest from my farm but from scouring the market.

To be honest, I usually only make jams (or candles, for that matter) when I need to open up space in my barn or silo. I tend to ignore orders that require a lot of honey or jam, and if anything only keep one or two jars of blackberry jam in stock to make PB&J sandwiches, as needed. My honey stockpile remains around 5 or 6 jars on hand at all times, as a result.

kisten
11-12-14, 08:18 AM
To be honest, I usually only make jams (or candles, for that matter) when I need to open up space in my barn or silo. I tend to ignore orders that require a lot of honey or jam, and if anything only keep one or two jars of blackberry jam in stock to make PB&J sandwiches, as needed. My honey stockpile remains around 5 or 6 jars on hand at all times, as a result.
Same here. Personally I discard deliveries that require 3 or more hours to make (hats, lemon scented candles, dolls, toy trains to name a few). I only make those before bedtime & when I'm at work. I sell them instead of using them in deliveries. As another poster mentioned it is cheaper to buy from market than make them yourself.

If it wasn't for everyone's help in taking the time to make these time consuming items and put them up in large quantities in the market, I'd never been able to fulfill some unreasonable train orders that require honey/jam/PB or black mushrooms/truffle shavings/truffle pizza to name a few. I have decided to do the same in making some time consuming items to help other players.

kaydunavan
11-16-14, 07:39 PM
I noticed a new expansion sign behind the airport and plane. I still can't expand left of the cave. Hope I can soon. Thank you, Kay Dunavan When I hit that it says your farm is as big as it can be. I really want to be able to expand left of the cave. There is a Truffle Forest I'd like to get to. Thank you for this awesome game. Love it.