PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Toucan

Pages : [1] 2 3

bluefoxcrystal
11-07-14, 12:37 PM
edit(KP)-(on level 15) It's 1 Gem per day. The "day" cycle in the games is 22 hrs instead of a regular 24. When you collect, 1 Gem you'll need to wait for it to accumulate again.

Using him in battle doesn't reset your timer.

Looks like we got a premium currency animal :)
The habitat is 730k ^^
Breed Time: 24 hours (Ocean Owl and Vinotaur)
Evolve Time: 36 hours
Currently on sale! Good luck everyone!

Thank you dragonloona for the egg pic and to everyone else that donated money and time for the info we all seek!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/DA8C48B6-1F45-4C92-AD46-78DF2E478C55_zps6l8ogkig.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/DA8C48B6-1F45-4C92-AD46-78DF2E478C55_zps6l8ogkig.png.html)

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 12:40 PM
How do we breed it?

flowless
11-07-14, 12:43 PM
It says limit reach what does that mean

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 12:44 PM
Where is kooky when you need her?
I don't think this is breedable, is it?

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 12:47 PM
It says limit reach what does that mean

If you bought one that's all they allow us to own. If you haven't bought one tell support. You should have it available to buy.

One gem every day is not worth it, even on sale. It will take more than one year to recoup what you spent. Too bad. Had hoped they would release a gem giving animal, but not worth it for the output. Cute animal though. Oh well.

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 12:48 PM
Where is kooky when you need her?
I don't think this is breedable, is it?

I would gather same features as on DS for the gold giving dragons - not breedable (and you can't use it as a parent) and you can only own one of each kind.

flowless
11-07-14, 12:49 PM
Me too I don't think it's breedeble
Iam not gonna buy it if it's breedeble
Confirmation to that would be nice

How long is the sale for ?

Edit
Just saw ur post ramothisfight
Not worth it gem wise
But I have goal to have every animal so

Just hope the next one would be a better gem giving animal

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 12:50 PM

Sale items on Friday usually last till Tuesday.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 12:51 PM
If you bought one that's all they allow us to own. If you haven't bought one tell support. You should have it available to buy.

One gem every day is not worth it, even on sale. It will take more than one year to recoup what you spent. Too bad. Had hoped they would release a gem giving animal, but not worth it for the output. Cute animal though. Oh well.

I think is one gem every 3 days

flowless
11-07-14, 12:52 PM
I think is one gems every 3 days

One every 3 days
Now iam rethinking me decision mmmmm

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 12:52 PM
I think is one gems every 3 days

At level 15 it's one gem per day. If I bought one it would go to epic, so I always look for total output at epic. Sorry, should have clarified that above.

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 01:00 PM

Edit
Just saw ur post ramothisfight
Not worth it gem wise
But I have goal to have every animal so

Just hope the next one would be a better gem giving animal

I totally get the every animal goal. But I already won't have that since I lost one battle animal and did not get scarecrow.

They have been known to change things with these. In DS they messed with the habitats so they producd less, after the gold giving dragons were released. They do that, ya know. ;o) LOL. Who knows. Maybe they will increase it. Me, I'm not willing to spend the gems right now since we have so few avenues to earn gems.

For anyone who gets one, and if it is the same as DS, you can only collect once every 24 hours. We do ours as 24 hours plus a few seconds. If you collect even one second early, you lose gold. So we set a timer and do it that way. Otherwise we lose out on gold and it is frustrating.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:00 PM
Well never mind
It's 2 gems every 3 days
And 3 gems every 3 days at level 15

cocauina
11-07-14, 01:03 PM
This animal is breedable, just read the discription.

"(...) If you buy or breed a Treasure Tocan (...)"

flowless
11-07-14, 01:03 PM
Why did they have to make the habit expensive too
400 gems not enough

FigmentValley
11-07-14, 01:04 PM
Yes - it specifically says "breed able". So..... Kooky..... How do I do that?

flowless
11-07-14, 01:05 PM

I think it's a typo

Not gonna buy anything till it's confirmed not breedeble
Which I highly doubt
But then again who knows

Ps franki now is also limited

ramothsflight

Can't imagine they mean that, but way cool if it's true. What could we breed to get it? Gem animals? We definitely need Kooky now.

AuntyRose32
I'm thinking of getting this just because the habitat is very cute.....I love it! My gems are just sitting around anyway, I rarely speed anything up so what else am I gonna do with them.

Sylvrthrne
11-07-14, 01:07 PM
typically they haven't made them breedable, although it is in the description? Very confusing, especially as there isn't a descriptor to say how to breed it? if so, I'm betting it's an ultra-rare...

maizee0404
11-07-14, 01:08 PM
You get one gem per day...as you evolve the toucan it will gove more like the dragons in Ds....

cquinn32
11-07-14, 01:09 PM
Very funny TL!! even if I was willing to buy this guy I have no room for the habitat and even if you opened more expansion today i probably wouldn't have a spot cleared before your sale ends lol. Bad timing with this release!!

maizee0404
Ok i take that back its says 3 days :O

my607
The only thing that's there is a gem. It doesn't have anything that you can breed with

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:10 PM
I bought the habitat
24 hours construction
Dimensions are the same with the small habitats

Sylvrthrne
11-07-14, 01:11 PM
Base earning number for DS is 1 gold (gem)/ per day, which goes up to 5 at epic. Here, base number is 1 gem/ per three days. I like having them in DS, but then the ratio of gold per day makes it useful. Don't know what epic rate is here, may not be worth it. Unless it's breedable?

maizee0404
11-07-14, 01:12 PM
I hope it is breedable!! I want that habitat even if i cant have a toucan itself! Its sooo pretty :)

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:14 PM
Base earning number for DS is 1 gold (gem)/ per day, which goes up to 5 at epic. Here, base number is 1 gem/ per three days. I like having them in DS, but then the ratio of gold per day makes it useful. Don't know what epic rate is here, may not be worth it. Unless it's breedable?

1 per day

Sylvrthrne
yup, ultra rare

Sylvrthrne
1 per day

not that exciting then, lol

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 01:15 PM
Ok I bought it and the habitat to me it's wor it every gem counts

My question is can we grow this beautiful bird to what level???

2554HP
11-07-14, 01:16 PM
It is breedable :)

flowless
How long is the breeding time ?
Or shall I say nesting

Evolving

Oh so many questions

Kooky .....need u now

Sylvrthrne
It is breedable :)

do you know the combo?

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 01:21 PM
Ok evolving it takes 37 hrs omg lol

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 01:22 PM
on other site info, it says 24 hours for incubation

Yes ur right and same as habitat 24hrs

flowless
What 37 hours lol that's massive lol

So 4 days and a half lol

Sylvrthrne
I kind of feel like the classic early holiday shopper at the store window, nose pressed against the glass...

"info...info....info...info...info..."
:rolleyes:

knj00
11-07-14, 01:25 PM
The description in game says its breedable. ;)

my607
11-07-14, 01:27 PM
The description in game says its breedable. ;)

But there's no symbol which element we are supposed to use. It only has a picture of a gem

maizee0404
11-07-14, 01:28 PM
Ahhhh i wana no now!!

knj00
11-07-14, 01:29 PM
But there's no symbol which element we are supposed to use. It only has a picture of a gem

Guess we must figure out the parents... just like minor types in DS.

cocauina
11-07-14, 01:31 PM

Exactly.. At least it's breedable, it's not like the gold dragons on from DS.

my607
11-07-14, 01:32 PM

You know how long it's going to take for a guessing game. Forever that can't be right

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:35 PM
I think the gems (we buy) will be the new element

my607
11-07-14, 01:37 PM
This better not be another gem animal and leave the players unicornless out in the cold again

my607
11-07-14, 01:39 PM
I think the gems (we buy) will be the new element

I'm not buying it cost 400 gems though

Sylvrthrne
11-07-14, 01:39 PM
This better not be another gem animal and leave the players unicornless out in the cold again

No, wrong kind of gem element. Unless it is bred via a gem, which if breedable we're still clueless on that

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 01:46 PM
What a shameless grab for money this animal is... at 1 gem per day even on sale that is OVER A YEAR to get back the 400 gems you spent on it. 400 days just to BREAK EVEN. How is that worth it? Why not just buy 400 gems and spend them on the stuff you want gems for?

Now, if you can breed one, that is cool. I certainly don't expect to get it anytime soon but I would certainly take the 1 gem a day if I got it for free.

FigmentValley
11-07-14, 01:46 PM
It seems to say that it yields 1 gem every 3 days, the habitat holds 3 gems. It does say breed able, but I am betting that is a typo.

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 01:48 PM
Ok level 4 you get 2 gems according to my pic16513

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 01:49 PM
I mean if it is not breedable how does it make ANY sense? It requires a commitment of playing for MORE THAN A YEAR from now just to get back the gems you spent on it, if I'm understanding this correctly. I would think this should be an animal that ISN'T buyable with gems, since it produces gems. But of course a bunch of people are going to immediately drop $20 on it before they do the math?

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:51 PM
I mean if it is not breedable how does it make ANY sense? It requires a commitment of playing for MORE THAN A YEAR from now just to get back the gems you spent on it, if I'm understanding this correctly. I would think this should be an animal that ISN'T buyable with gems, since it produces gems. But of course a bunch of people are going to immediately drop $20 on it before they do the math?

That's called investment for long term players. You start making money after a year

FigmentValley
11-07-14, 01:53 PM
It was the same in dragonstory. Many players really do not care about the return - they want the virtual creature. Many will buy it just got the sake of having it. The gems(gold) are simply an added attraction.

kooky panda
11-07-14, 01:54 PM
Yes - it specifically says "breed able". So..... Kooky..... How do I do that?

I will check to get some clarification!

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:54 PM
Ok level 4 you get 2 gems according to my pic16513

It looks very pretty in your forest.

sanya87
11-07-14, 01:55 PM
What is this...it gives you 1 gem per day and nothing else? No coins?? Well no thanks, even though he is cute and his habitat also, but just not worth the money for what he gives back...

my607
11-07-14, 01:57 PM

I don't know ever animal should be breedable. People are going to do whatever they want. I already spent money on this game but not for this animal

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 01:57 PM
That's called investment for long term players. You start making money after a year

A year?!? Lol this is the game that won't even open a new island for players that are out of room and need to expand. I personally wouldn't be willing to assume that I'll still be playing in a year especially after seeing how they are dealing with the expansion requests.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:58 PM
A year?!? Lol this is the game that won't even open a new island for players that are out of room and need to expand. I personally wouldn't be willing to assume that I'll still be playing in a year especially after seeing how they are dealing with the expansion requests.

I totally agree

my607
11-07-14, 01:58 PM
What is this...it gives you 1 gem per day and nothing else? No coins?? Well no thanks, even though he is cute and his habitat also, but just not worth the money for what he gives back...

1 gems every three days not just one day. It doesn't seem like a good deal for me

LostIsland00
11-07-14, 02:00 PM
My Neighbor says Vinotaur and Ocean Owl for this.

sanya87
11-07-14, 02:01 PM
1 gems every three days not just one day. It doesn't seem like a good deal for me

Well that's terrible! I am going to skip this one without regret, even if it means I will never fill that album, it's just not worth it...

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:02 PM
It looks very pretty in your forest.

Ty hun it was my bday a week ago so I bought it n levelled it to 9 so far n I just got porcupine to yahoo lol thanks Hun xo

my607
11-07-14, 02:04 PM
Well that's terrible! I am going to skip this one without regret, even if it means I will never fill that album, it's just not worth it...

I agree it's only a Game. Twenty dollars you can go out buy something you can enjoy wearing or using. Another way TL wants us to spend money

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 02:07 PM

That's 3 elements

bluefoxcrystal
11-07-14, 02:07 PM
This li'l guy will be worth it for me :) I never invested in the gold dragons... But on sale... I'm getting him after work! :D only 1 problem... I don't have the funds for the habitat! Lol!

flowless
11-07-14, 02:11 PM
This li'l guy will be worth it for me :) I never invested in the gold dragons... But on sale... I'm getting him after work! :D only 1 problem... I don't have the funds for the habitat! Lol!

Same problem here

Plus I need that (breedeble ) changed from the description

zenobia42
11-07-14, 02:13 PM

Your neighbor? How do you talk to your neighbors in a game that has no wall? Other than on this forum where I didn't see anyone else post that. I'm confused.

Any way, as has been brought up, I do NOT see myself still playing this game in a year if they keep going down this road of 2-6 new animals per week, EVERY week, and ZERO new expansions. And it is throwing money away if you don't collect from that guy for a year. So I will NOT be buying one.

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 02:17 PM
Yes it's 400 days assuming you collect every single day.... Personally I just don't see them as having made the game worth that type of investment to this point.

LostIsland00
11-07-14, 02:19 PM
Your neighbor? How do you talk to your neighbors in a game that has no wall? Other than on this forum where I didn't see anyone else post that. I'm confused.

Sorry if you don't believe me... but whatever. There are many ways to talk to people who play this game that do not include this forum. I use DS walls all the time and other sites. Anyway, saw the confusion and decided to help... won't make that mistake again. Thanks

shepsville
11-07-14, 02:22 PM
For those of us without a Unicorn how would this Guy perform in a Tournament/Battle I wonder? I have no idea WHAT the ELEMENTS ARE? does anyone know?

zenobia42
11-07-14, 02:23 PM
Sorry if you don't believe me... but whatever. There are many ways to talk to people who play this game that do not include this forum. I use DS walls all the time and other sites. Anyway, saw the confusion and decided to help... won't make that mistake again. Thanks

Sorry, I was just confused, totally not accusing you of being a liar. Sorry it came out wrong. Thanks for sharing. :)

cocauina
11-07-14, 02:28 PM
It appears to be a new type. Another web page (not to be mentioned) has referred to the new type as Treasure

Like we have the gold type on DS here we have the treasure type.

On DS gold type gives gold to us, in here, FFS, the treasure type, gives gems.

sanya87
11-07-14, 02:28 PM

Any way, as has been brought up, I do NOT see myself still playing this game in a year if they keep going down this road of 2-6 new animals per week, EVERY week, and ZERO new expansions. And it is throwing money away if you don't collect from that guy for a year. So I will NOT be buying one.

Like you say, one year it's a looong time. I am not sure in one year I will still play so it's a big no this time. I already left two tl games, even though I spent some money on them, and both because of the lack of space and expansions. What's the point of buying all the new stuff when you have no place to put it? This one doesn't seem to be better on that matter so I am more carefull this time.

Animal is cute though and it would be nice if we could try to breed it somehow but I don't think that will happen. Oh well :)

Petasos
11-07-14, 02:30 PM
You cannot breed it with other critters. It does not show up in the list. I was going to pair it with a Unicorn and it was not in the list. So once you find the combination I suppose you can breed it and not buy it. But you cannot combine it with other elements, at least not yet.

cocauina
11-07-14, 02:36 PM
You cannot breed it with other critters. It does not show up in the list. I was going to pair it with a Unicorn and it was not in the list. So once you find the combination I suppose you can breed it and not buy it. But you cannot combine it with other elements, at least not yet.

This new type, probably will never be added has a breeding parent, the gold type dragons on DS cannot be breeding parents because the type doesn't split, and I think that this new treasure/gem type, doesn't split on the breeding garden also.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 02:42 PM
This new type, probably will never be added has a breeding parent, the gold type dragons on DS cannot be breeding parents because the type doesn't split, and I think that this new treasure/gem type, doesn't split on the breeding garden also.

Are the gold type dragons on DS breedable ?

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:45 PM
It appears to be a new type. Another web page (not to be mentioned) has referred to the new type as Treasure

It's not an element animal it's just a gem animal no elements

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:46 PM

I don't see how it's breedable it has NO elements16514

See just gem there's a error in the shop I'm sure of it as we all know animals need one or more elements to breed and gem isn't an element

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:48 PM

No hun there not

shepsville
11-07-14, 02:50 PM
It's not an element animal it's just a gem animal no elements

Ahh thanks my good neighbor A2TUDE, so I guess if it has no elements, then it probably won't be able to breed? So probably no use in tournaments or battles either?

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:51 PM
The habitats works just like the cauldron did in the world event

Sorry for the spam

kbli7355
11-07-14, 02:54 PM

See just gem there's a error in the shop I'm sure of it as we all know animals need one or more elements to breed and gem isn't an element
Legendary isn't an element either, but we still can breed it.

shepsville
11-07-14, 02:55 PM
So are you saying the Habitat earns Gems A2TUDE?

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:57 PM
Ok I think I'll just put everything in this post and if someone wants to put on first page they can

Incabation time 24hrs
Evolving time 36hrs
Mines at level 9 and Im getting 2 gems
Finally not breedable as it is a "GEM" dropper

Ok I hope this clears things

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 02:58 PM
No the bird does habitats a home decoration

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:00 PM
How do we breed this

Petasos
11-07-14, 03:01 PM
Correct, the bird does, but we do not collect directly from the animals the habitat is what we collect from. it is possible to have 3 of these in one habitat, or 4 for the grand.

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 03:02 PM
How do we breed this

From looking at mine I don't see how we can

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 03:03 PM
Correct, the bird does, but we do not collect directly from the animals the habitat is what we collect from. it is possible to have 3 of these in one habitat, or 4 for the grand.

Lol ur right excuse me lol it's 9am Saturday here

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:04 PM
How did you get yours a2tude?

ninasidstorm8
11-07-14, 03:04 PM

If you look in the shop, the Treasure Trove only holds one Treasure type animal and there are no larger habitats currently listed for treasure animals.

cocauina
11-07-14, 03:05 PM

There's no error on the shop, in the shop you can see that the animal gives 1 gem per 3days, the only animals that can give gems are the animals that have the gem type as element.

This animal is like the gold dragons in DS, but in DS they aren't breedable, we need to buy them and since they are gold type, they give gold. Gem on FFS is a element like Gold is a element on DS.

TL this time decided to give us a gem type, that can be breedable and bought, but it's ultra rare, like it was said, Vinotaur and Ocean Owl are the parents for this animal, it's like a combined type, but this type cannot be splited on the breeding garden and never used as a parent.

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 03:05 PM
The description in the Shop says "If you buy or breed a Treasure Toucan..." That suggests there may be some mystery combo. Or (more likely) it may be an error in the description.
Many players on Dragon Story were misled into thinking Treasure types were breedable when the first one was released. Quite a fiasco that was.

cocauina
11-07-14, 03:07 PM
The description in the Shop says "If you buy or breed a Treasure Toucan..." That suggests there may be some mystery combo. Or (more likely) it may be an error in the description.
Many players on Dragon Story were misled into thinking Treasure types were breedable when the first one was released. Quite a fiasco that was.

True, but in the end there was no error on the element, it was conformed that the gold type, wasn't breedable and we only were able to have that gold type dragons if we bought him.

This time, here in FFS, the discription says that this animal can be breed and bought.

Petasos
11-07-14, 03:08 PM
If you look in the shop, the Treasure Trove only holds one Treasure type animal and there are no larger habitats currently listed for treasure animals.

Wow that was changed since I posted. So yeah the Grand Trove is no longer in the shop and the Treasure Trove only holds one flappy flappy. That is now the new correct information. Oh yeah flappy flappy = Toucan.

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:09 PM
Has anyone bred or bought this yet and if so could you post a picture

knj00
11-07-14, 03:11 PM

That was because someone claimed to have bred the dragon... then turned out to be full of it. lol

I have had a report of success breeding this with Vinotaur and Ocean Owl. I'm still trying myself but it will take a while as I'm not speeding. :)

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 03:11 PM
There's no error on the shop, in the shop you can see that the animal gives 1 gem per 3days, the only animals that can give gems are the animals that have the gem type as element.

This animal is like the gold dragons in DS, but in DS they aren't breedable, we need to buy them and since they are gold type, they give gold. Gem on FFS is a element like Gold is a element on DS.

TL this time decided to give us a gem type, that can be breedable and bought, but it's ultra rare, like it was said, Vinotaur and Ocean Owl are the parents for this animal, it's like a combined type, but this type cannot be splited on the breeding garden and never used as a parent.

I see what you're saying. For one thing, we are going to have to distinguish between the Treasure type that drops gems and the Gem type ultras that drop coins. We may have to call those Legendary or Crystal animals to avoid confusion.

So can ANY four distinct element breed the Toucan, the way it works for Unicorn? It doesn't HAVE to be Vinotaur & Ocean Owl, does it? (That would be a bummer since I have NEITHER of those supers in Satyr Sanctuary.)

zenobia42
11-07-14, 03:12 PM
The description says it can be bred and LostIsland00 created a forum account today to share that his/her neighbor got one breeding Vinotaur and Ocean Owl.

My breeding den is not free to verify this. And even if I did try and get a fail, that doesn't mean it's not possible with that combo. But I'd really like to hear of more people successfully breeding this.

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:13 PM
Maybe we have to breed fire and water for this

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 03:14 PM
How did you get yours a2tude?

I bought mine:)

my607
11-07-14, 03:15 PM
The description says it can be bred and LostIsland00 created a forum account today to share that his/her neighbor got one breeding Vinotaur and Ocean Owl.

My breeding den is not free to verify this. And even if I did try and get a fail, that doesn't mean it's not possible with that combo. But I'd really like to hear of more people successfully breeding this.
But I'm confused there's no element except for the gem

Petasos
11-07-14, 03:15 PM
But I'm confused there's no element except for the gem

same as the unicorn

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 03:16 PM
Ok this is it at at level 10

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:17 PM
I bought mine:)

Oh LOL

zenobia42
11-07-14, 03:24 PM
same as the unicorn

This animal's element is the purple gem that is the same as the icon for gems as in premium game currency.

The unicorn's element is a square white gemstone. Totally different kinds of "gems."

I suppose they could have made it a little more confusing if they had really tried but not much more. TL calling two totally different things in the game "gems" is stupid. If they had only called the habitat for the crystal unicorn a "crystal cove" instead of "gem grove," we could call the unicorn, emerald dragon and ruby razorback "crystal" animals instead of "gem." They are making this 10x more confusing than it need be.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 03:26 PM
Ok so kooky didn't get an answer for us yet? Can we breed this or not?

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 03:32 PM
Okay, first of all, you don't get the Toucan for its gem income. You get it for the sake of having it. It's a premium collector's animal. For the guy or gal who has everything else.

Now I'd like to suggest a breeding pair. Just a hunch here; not any exploit I've figured out. I can't try it myself right now but I will later:
Unicorn & Unicorn
They should be able to spawn any breedable pure (single-element animal). Longest fail would be the 45-hour Unicorn herself (Please, no!). Second-longest fail would be the 8-hour Leopard. Shortest fails would be Pony & Panda. Have fun!

seekerbears
11-07-14, 03:32 PM
LOL I will not pay 20 dollars for this animal sorry but waste of money if you ask me...hoping its breedable if not I'm not buying it

dreamusman
11-07-14, 03:38 PM
I think it's awfully cheap that a ultra rare animal is 400/800

Petasos
11-07-14, 03:43 PM
This animal's element is the purple gem that is the same as the icon for gems as in premium game currency.

The unicorn's element is a square white gemstone. Totally different kinds of "gems."

I suppose they could have made it a little more confusing if they had really tried but not much more. TL calling two totally different things in the game "gems" is stupid. If they had only called the habitat for the crystal unicorn a "crystal cove" instead of "gem grove," we could call the unicorn, emerald dragon and ruby razorback "crystal" animals instead of "gem." They are making this 10x more confusing than it need be.

My comment was meant to compare the breeding process to that of the unicorn. I understand the element is different. But just like the unicorn it looks like you will need to combine other elements to get it. And also just like the unicorn, there is no trace of those elements in the final flappy flappy.

Also did TL ever call the unicorn a gem creature? I am not sure about that. I think that was a community title. I cannot find an in game title of "gem" being officially given by TL to unicorn based critters.

zenobia42
11-07-14, 03:45 PM
My comment was meant to compare the breeding process to that as the unicorn. I understand the element is different. But just like the unicorn it looks like you will need to combine other elements t get it. And also just like the unicorn, there is no trace of those elements in the final flappy flappy.

Ah! Yes, of course. I'm so confused personally over this flappy flappy that I can only creating more confusion, sorry about that.

kooky panda
11-07-14, 03:48 PM
I am still waiting for an answer guys. Sorry.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 03:49 PM
Thanks kooky

Petasos
11-07-14, 03:49 PM
Ah! Yes, of course. I'm so confused personally over this flappy flappy that I can only creating more confusion, sorry about that.

No worries I was not very specific, and should have elaborated.

zenobia42
11-07-14, 03:57 PM
I got a pop-up:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/flappyflappy_zpsdedc26ee.png

Sounds like the new member was right on - key words in the hint being "wisest" and "labyrinth." I'm no expert on riddles but I've done a few and those hints clearly refer to an owl and minotaur. So breeding Ocean Owl + Vinotaur can create one. Of course, we have no clue what the odds are.

ETA: However, I cannot try for myself until I finish desperately attempting to get the frankenswine before it disappears like the crow did. I'm sure this will be ANOTHER fail for me but I have to try. Sigh.

ninasidstorm8
11-07-14, 03:57 PM
I just received a new goal called Fortune Finders. Step 1 is to breed the animal and step 2 is to buy the treasure trove.

flowless
11-07-14, 03:59 PM
So it can be bred wow I was do close into buying it
So glad I hold on

Galadraal
11-07-14, 04:00 PM
it says buy or BREED in the goal. It says it's a "mystery" discover how to BREED it

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 04:12 PM
It says you can breed it in the description. Just knowing what to use is a mystery. Can't try any animals as I have one breeding now & don't have gems to speed it up. Hope someone can figure it out.

locotesx3
11-07-14, 04:12 PM
Just ran through 15 different breeding sessions with the owl and vin and nothing to show for it.

Sylvrthrne
11-07-14, 04:15 PM
Just ran through 15 different breeding sessions with the owl and vin and nothing to show for it.

It's an ultra rare, so breeding will be hard

Petasos
11-07-14, 04:15 PM
Unicorn habitats called gem groves. So yeah this is confusing .

locotesx3
11-07-14, 04:16 PM
The owl I'm using is the ocean owl. But there is also the owl bear?

forestwald
11-07-14, 04:17 PM
I bred Ocean Owl and Vinotaur and got Jackalope. Not sure how many times you will need to breed to get this one

flowless
Is it green , red and blue combination u think
Or blue and red

zenobia42
It says you can breed it in the description. Just knowing what to use is a mystery. Can't try any animals as I have one breeding now & don't have gems to speed it up. Hope someone can figure it out.

Its ocean owl + vinotaur. Read the riddle clue in the screenshot I posted above. If you've ever done riddles, their clues are very clear.

ETA: here it is again:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/flappyflappy_zpsdedc26ee.png

Sylvrthrne
11-07-14, 04:23 PM
I'm going to have to think on this one. I don't have an ocean owl yet, and the gem return for the toucan is lower than DS. Plus, it's breedable. Kinda ;)

I think I'm going to focus on bansheep for now, because it may go limited like frankenswine (sorta Halloweeny)

cquinn32
11-07-14, 04:23 PM
In the Owl Bear's description it speaks of them being wise?

flowless
11-07-14, 04:25 PM
I'm going to have to think on this one. I don't have an ocean owl yet, and the gem return for the toucan is lower than DS. Plus, it's breedable. Kinda ;)

I think I'm going to focus on bansheep for now, because it may go limited like frankenswine (sorta Halloweeny)

That freak me out
Not knowing if bansheep is part of Halloween animals or not
Like why don't they just say so
Not necessary to tell if it's limited or not
But just to know

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 04:26 PM
Great to know its breedable! I might try for it here and there but I know the chances are very low... The only animal I need from that combo (owl/vinotaur) is the new sea horse so maybe I'll at least get that. I thought I'd never get the unicorn and I did...

I wish everyone luck with breeding this guy! Can't wait to hear when someone does it.

zenobia42
11-07-14, 04:31 PM

It's possible the owl bear works also. But we do have one report of the ocean owl working.

locotesx3
11-07-14, 04:32 PM
I'm going to switch over to the vin and owlbear. If you read the descriptions of all the animals. The only 2 that have the same "words" used in the riddle are the owlbear and the Vin. I'm out of gems now so I have to do it the long way. Good luck to everyone else.

sanya87
11-07-14, 04:32 PM

Yeah actually it's written "their wisdom make them bla bla..." so is it him or ocean owl.. Oh well I don't think I will bother too much with that at the moment, there are other animals I want, especially if they will become limited again!

locotesx3
11-07-14, 04:33 PM
Also since the person that said it was the vin and ocean owl was getting the info from a 3rd party it's possible that the two owls got mixed up??? Just a thought.

cocauina
11-07-14, 04:36 PM
On DS, the gold dragons on baby form for gives 1 gold per day, juvenile gives 2 gold per day, adult gives 4 gold per day and finally in epic form gives 5 gold per day, in FFS the animal in baby form gives 1 gem every 3 days, in juvenile and adult form only gives 2 gems every 3 days, and in the epic form it only gives 3 gems every day, don't like it, it's a waste of gems for the ones who bought this animal, when this animal only gives 2/3 gems every 3 days, from my neighbors I receive 3 gems every day.

On the album, it says this animal on level 4 and 10 it gives 2 gems every 3 days and on level 15 it sais that gives 3 gems every 3 days, so the earnings for this animal should be
1 gem every 3 days between lvl 1 and 3
2 gems every 3 days between lvl 4 and 14
3 gems every 3 days on lvl 15

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 04:39 PM
I doubt owl bear is the only one you can use... That wouldn't be fair because not everyone won it, but everyone can breed the ocean owl. However it would be awesome if the owl bear also worked as I need more dark animals than the other combo.

cquinn32
11-07-14, 04:41 PM
But then again the owl bear is not available through breeding so that would be pretty mean if they made it required to breed this one.

Edit haha too slow

zenobia42
11-07-14, 04:42 PM
What really sucks is that they made this a pair of super rares that do NOT have a chance of producing a frankenswine (no dark)... and this on the same exact day they changed frankenswine from permanent to limited. :(

zenobia42
11-07-14, 04:43 PM
And I agree with those thinking that it is highly unlikely that the Owl Bear is the "wisest" because it was an arena prize, not a breedable.

MelodicStars
11-07-14, 04:44 PM
I doubt owl bear is the only one you can use... That wouldn't be fair because not everyone won it, but everyone can breed the ocean owl. However it would be awesome if the owl bear also worked as I need more dark animals than the other combo.
I was just about to mention the same thing. But it looks like you beat me to it.

Point is, not everybody has the owl bear. And it would be unfair to those who don't have it because they don't even have a chance. I'm going with the Ocean Owl and Vinotaur combo. After all, any kind of owl stands for wisdom and the "labyrinth" is pretty much a given for the Vinotaur.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 04:45 PM
It's possible the owl bear works also. But we do have one report of the ocean owl working.

Someone got it already? Who?

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 04:45 PM
Might try Owl Bear x Vinotaur & see if I can get lucky.

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 04:47 PM
If you want the frankenswine just try for that one first... The toucan is unlikely to be limited. No rush.... It will likely take many, many attempts to get it anyway.

MelodicStars
11-07-14, 04:48 PM
Well, it looks like a lot of other people actually beat me to the whole "owl bear is limited to specific people" deal. But that just makes the owl Vinotaur combo even more likely to produce a toucan.

Also keep in mind that a lot of breeding games will sometimes try to make the baby have some characteristics of its parents. The fact that it's a bird can be because one of the parents is also a bird. The colorful plumage can also be from the Vinotaur and a hint of blue from the ocean owl. PLUS the toucan's wings are blue, maybe relating to the owl's wings?

I can't say for sure, but it's better to guess than not to guess... Right?

zenobia42
11-07-14, 04:48 PM
Someone got it already? Who?

Someone like half this thread ago said their friend got the toucan with Ocean Owl & Vinotaur. It was an indirect report.

kooky panda
11-07-14, 04:54 PM
I did get confirmation that you can obtain the Toucan from breeding.

Please keep in mind that that this is an ultra rare animal so it may take more than just a couple of tries.

Good luck! http://forum.storm8.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Sylvrthrne
11-07-14, 04:55 PM
Someone like half this thread ago said their friend got the toucan with Ocean Owl & Vinotaur. It was an indirect report.

Technically, not even that lol

They said that their neighbor said to use that combo, not that the neighbor got it with that ;)

dumbpluff
11-07-14, 05:00 PM
despite this being a big mess, it's kind of fascinating to have to analyze a riddle to breed it. instead of just having the types and all-- not that I'm complaining about that! that makes it straightforward, and it's still infuriating besides lmao. but this is different! at least for me. I don't know if dragon story has done riddle-based breeds before.

zenobia42
11-07-14, 05:01 PM
Technically, not even that lol

They said that their neighbor said to use that combo, not that the neighbor got it with that ;)

Oh snap, I didn't catch that! Darn - I was really hoping we'd at LEAST have an indirect report of someone getting it.

MelodicStars
11-07-14, 05:03 PM
Lol practically everybody is on right now (green dot next to name) and I'm willing to bet it's because they're waiting for information for the toucan's breeding combo. Not gonna lie, I'm one of those people :P

dreamusman
11-07-14, 05:07 PM
Do you breed vinotaur with owl bear or with ocean owl

readysetgo888
11-07-14, 05:08 PM
It's totally vinotaur and ocean owl. Perhaps I should put this in all caps.

IT'S TOTALLY VINOTAUR AND OCEAN OWL. That's what makes the most sense.

FigmentValley
11-07-14, 05:09 PM
I did get confirmation that you can obtain the Toucan from breeding.

Please keep in mind that that this is an ultra rare animal so it may take more than just a couple of tries.

Good luck! http://forum.storm8.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Oh, I'm fine with that! I just don't like limited, extremely hard to get things. This is a challenge! Fun! :)

dreamusman
11-07-14, 05:09 PM
It's totally vinotaur and ocean owl. Perhaps I should put this in all caps.

IT'S TOTALLY VINOTAUR AND OCEAN OWL. That's what makes the most sense.

Thanks

dumbpluff
11-07-14, 05:12 PM
the ocean owl is the only way that everyone can get this guy. if it was the owl bear, then it'd be exceptionally limited.

however, the owl bear's description is very interesting for this. it mentions wisdom specifically. even more specifically, 'the wisdom of the owl.' either would probably work, but it's of note that only the vinotaur and owl bear have those words specifically slapped in their descriptions.

~*mysteries*~

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 05:18 PM
Someone on the fantasy forest story wiki got it on their first try using Vinotaur & Ocean Owl. Takes 24 hr to breed & 36 to evolve

my607
11-07-14, 05:22 PM
Someone on the fantasy forest story wiki got it on their first try using Vinotaur & Ocean Owl. Takes 24 hr to breed & 36 to evolve

They are very lucky . I have done this like eight times not even an Aquatter or seahorse. I guess just keep going.

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 05:24 PM
the ocean owl is the only way that everyone can get this guy. if it was the owl bear, then it'd be exceptionally limited.

however, the owl bear's description is very interesting for this. it mentions wisdom specifically. even more specifically, 'the wisdom of the owl.' either would probably work, but it's of note that only the vinotaur and owl bear have those words specifically slapped in their descriptions.

~*mysteries*~

I knew I should have used gems to finish the Owl Bear tournament. *Kicks myself*
Once I get my Frankenswine, I'm going after this. Forget the Crystal Unicorn. *THIS IS MORE KAWAII*

locotesx3
11-07-14, 05:26 PM
I forgot about the owlbear was a limited time animal. I was thinking it was like the sloth, yak, ect. It has to be the
Ocean owl and vinatour combo.

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 05:28 PM
Someone got it with the ocean owl & Vinotaur combo a couple hours ago.

MelodicStars
11-07-14, 05:40 PM
Someone got it with the ocean owl & Vinotaur combo a couple hours ago.
Do you have any pictures to refer to? Trust me, people WILL lie about these things (it's the Internet, what do you expect?) And unless there's evidence, you shouldn't really be believing them.

But then again, I could be wrong and they might actually be telling the truth. But better safe than sorry. Or rather, better wait for the right combo before you waste your time with wrong combos.

BlueCanary
11-07-14, 05:41 PM
I think its probably just a hint on colours, rather than needing Vinotaur and Ocean Owl in specific. I could be wrong but I imagine its a three colour animal with red, green and blue, any combo. I do love that they're making a gem giving animal breedable :)

DS does this with quest descriptions from time to time.

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 05:42 PM
Hm true true. They didn't post a picture but who knows they could,had gotten it. No way to tell until someone tries it here :)

cocauina
11-07-14, 05:43 PM
I forgot about the owlbear was a limited time animal. I was thinking it was like the sloth, yak, ect. It has to be the
Ocean owl and vinatour combo.

The Battleground animals aren't limited, they only expired from the battleground once you defeat them, the Tournament animals, desappear after a couple days, that's why we have a Trophy icon on the right of the screen with the days left to finish the tourney :)

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 05:47 PM
Here's the egg. 24 hour breeding

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 06:00 PM

What did YOU use, Brooklynite? Vinotaur-OceanOwl? Vinotaur-OwlBear? Unicorn-Unicorn? Visa-MasterCard? LOL Please tell us. I'm praying for a combo that involves neither Vinotaur nor OceanOwl.

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 06:02 PM

Congrats!! Evolution time is 36. Well that's what it says but if 24hr is right then that should be correct too.

flowless
11-07-14, 06:02 PM
Haha at the Visa card sand

Anyhow can someone confirm it was bred this way
Ocean owl and vin
Not he said or she said but someone in this forum did it

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 06:08 PM
What did YOU use, Brooklynite? Vinotaur-OceanOwl? Vinotaur-OwlBear? Unicorn-Unicorn? Visa-MasterCard? LOL Please tell us. I'm praying for a combo that involves neither Vinotaur nor OceanOwl.

Amex ...

infinitelove19
11-07-14, 06:08 PM
Urgh. I sure didn't get it. First attempt with Ocean Owl & Vinotaur resulted in a 3-hour fairy ferret.
Up until now I've mostly been able to avoid those three hour critters, but it looks like there may be many in my near future.

Any confirmation on what was used to breed this toucan?
And does anybody know the dimensions of the treasure habitat, and how many animals it holds? I'm hoping it is little and not the size of a large habitat. So...little....space!!!!

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 06:09 PM
Congrats!! Evolution time is 36. Well that's what it says but if 24hr is right then that should be correct too.

Breeding 24
Evolution 36

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 06:10 PM
Urgh. I sure didn't get it. First attempt with Ocean Owl & Vinotaur resulted in a 3-hour fairy ferret.
Up until now I've mostly been able to avoid those three hour critters, but it looks like there may be many in my near future.

Any confirmation on what was used to breed this toucan?
And does anybody know the dimensions of the treasure habitat, and how many animals it holds? I'm hoping it is little and not the size of a large habitat. So...little....space!!!!

The habitat has the same dimensions as the small habitats. Holds only one animal

Petasos
11-07-14, 06:15 PM
Mine is lvl 9, waiting for a red piggy to finish evolving and then I will stick it in the flower.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 06:19 PM
Mine is lvl 9, waiting for a red piggy to finish evolving and then I will stick it in the flower.

So expensive to feed
Level 8 needs 1500x5 grrr

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 06:20 PM

Did you breed or buy? If breed, what did you use?

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 06:32 PM
despite this being a big mess, it's kind of fascinating to have to analyze a riddle to breed it. instead of just having the types and all-- not that I'm complaining about that! that makes it straightforward, and it's still infuriating besides lmao. but this is different! at least for me. I don't know if dragon story has done riddle-based breeds before.

I think its probably just a hint on colours, rather than needing Vinotaur and Ocean Owl in specific. I could be wrong but I imagine its a three colour animal with red, green and blue, any combo. I do love that they're making a gem giving animal breedable :)

DS does this with quest descriptions from time to time.

If it were just three specific elements from any of various pairs, that might make it TOO breedable. Dragon Story has on a few occasions used obscure hints in goals for breeding a dragon. (Mythic & Abominable come to mind.) But DS also featured a special animal that could only be bred with specific parents. Ice Age could only be bred with Winter and a purple dragon. It was not possible from any other white-blue-purple combo.
It's too bad this riddle calls for two specific supers, both of which have eluded me. But for those who have Vinotaur & Ocean Owl, this is a fun twist to the game.

jim23cash
11-07-14, 06:35 PM
I just bred it, Ocean Owl and Vinotaur. 24 hours. It took about 7 tries, got 2 Sea Horse fails, 4 Fairy Ferrets and one Turtisle. (But I have good breeding luck on this island!) it's in the evolution flower now. Good Luck Everyone!

dumbpluff
11-07-14, 06:38 PM
I just bred it, Ocean Owl and Vinotaur. 24 hours. It took about 7 tries, got 2 Sea Horse fails, 4 Fairy Ferrets and one Turtisle. (But I have good breeding luck on this island!) it's in the evolution flower now. Good Luck Everyone!

ooh!! congratulations on your birdy! that's totally awesome, omg.

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 06:38 PM

Congrats Annie. And thanks for reporting it. I love your "got it" posts!!! :D

Petasos
11-07-14, 06:39 PM
Did you breed or buy? If breed, what did you use?

I bought, sorry not helpful. When I bought mine there was a grand treasure trove (4animals) and the treasure trove (3). That changed a half hour later and there is now only 1 habitat, with a 1 flappy flappy per habitat limit.

dumbpluff
11-07-14, 06:46 PM
oh--

has anyone taken pictures of their little flappy bird? i'm curious to see what it looks like in its different stages.

Petasos
11-07-14, 06:55 PM
oh--

has anyone taken pictures of their little flappy bird? i'm curious to see what it looks like in its different stages.

I think that worked...

infinitelove19
11-07-14, 06:55 PM
I bought, sorry not helpful. When I bought mine there was a grand treasure trove (4animals) and the treasure trove (3). That changed a half hour later and there is now only 1 habitat, with a 1 flappy flappy per habitat limit.

Wow! This seems like a new record for TL to retract items (the habitats, that is). Did you manage to buy one of these habitats?

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 06:56 PM
oh--

Looks pretty cool. They have it up on the wiki site.

dumbpluff
11-07-14, 07:01 PM

I think that worked...

that absolutely worked. it's such a pig, omg. look at that food tally. it looks pretty darn cool, but what a fattyfat little bird!

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 07:11 PM
that absolutely worked. it's such a pig, omg. look at that food tally. it looks pretty darn cool, but what a fattyfat little bird!

So cute tho. I guess it needs that food because it take a long time AKA a lot of energy to find the gems and bring it back?

Wow! This seems like a new record for TL to retract items (the habitats, that is). Did you manage to buy one of these habitats?

Shouldn't we be happy that a Treasure animal is breedable?

BlueCanary
11-07-14, 07:13 PM
If it were just three specific elements from any of various pairs, that might make it TOO breedable. Dragon Story has on a few occasions used obscure hints in goals for breeding a dragon. (Mythic & Abominable come to mind.) But DS also featured a special animal that could only be bred with specific parents. Ice Age could only be bred with Winter and a purple dragon. It was not possible from any other white-blue-purple combo.
It's too bad this riddle calls for two specific supers, both of which have eluded me. But for those who have Vinotaur & Ocean Owl, this is a fun twist to the game.

That's true, it will be interesting to see if more combos come up for it in the future or if it is just Vinotaur/Ocean Owl. I don't have an Ocean Owl yet, but I'm not going to complain one bit because I just tossed my Vinotaur and Iciclaw into the den because the combo has green, red and blue, and ended up with a Unicorn :)

jim23cash
11-07-14, 07:18 PM
That's true, it will be interesting to see if more combos come up for it in the future or if it is just Vinotaur/Ocean Owl. I don't have an Ocean Owl yet, but I'm not going to complain one bit because I just tossed my Vinotaur and Iciclaw into the den because the combo has green, red and blue, and ended up with a Unicorn :)

Congratulations! :)

jim23cash
11-07-14, 07:19 PM
It seems pretty specific on the breeding pair. I would be surprised if it were Breedable with anything else!

dumbpluff
11-07-14, 07:20 PM

oh dang! that's a happy accident if i've ever seen one.

Fontainemelon
11-07-14, 07:32 PM
I bred my first unicorn today so I decided to come to forums!! :)

I think there's a possibility they will have breedable monsters with the toucans affinity. As it's an ultra rare it has low chances to get one in the first place. Those chances could keep the numbers down to a sufficent level so as to justify having breedables.

I stopped playing dragon story after they scrapped the other pet collecting game. Was it Monster Story?? Anyway,
I have little experience with DS. However just from reading posts in the past it's safe to say that Fantasy Story doesn't follow all the same rules and protocols as DS. Therefore I believe there is a chance for "pink" gem breedables.

BTW add me!! I have 68/74 Monsters :)
ID: Fontainemelon

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 07:34 PM
I bred my first unicorn today so I decided to come to forums!! :)

I think there's a possibility they will have breedable monsters with the toucans affinity. As it's an ultra rare it has low chances to get one in the first place. Those chances could keep the numbers down to a sufficent level so as to justify having breedables.

I'm stopped playing dragon story after they scrapped the other pet collecting game. Was it Monster Story?? Anyway,
I have little experience with DS. However just from reading posts in the past it's safe to say that Fantasy Story doesn't follow all the same rules and protocols as DS. Therefore I believe there is a chance for "pink" gem breedables.

Welcome and Congratz!

Petasos
11-07-14, 07:35 PM

I bought the small one which was supposed to hold 3. I was posting on this thread when I saw a few folks correcting me. So I went and checked only to find out it had changed to one critter per habitat. So I checked the store and the grand trove was gone. My habitat changed as well. I would have liked to have 3 per habitat but oh well.

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 07:41 PM
I bought the small one which was supposed to hold 3. I was posting on this thread when I saw a few folks correcting me. So I went and checked only to find out it had changed to one critter per habitat. So I checked the store and the grand trove was gone. My habitat changed as well. I would have liked to have 3 per habitat but oh well.

I think that if you had 3 level 15 Treasure Toucans (Flappy Bird?), you would get 3 gems/one-third day. I'm surprised they didn't compensate it.

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 07:42 PM
Gonna try this in the morning. Does it matter which way you breed them? OwlxVino or VinoxOwl?

my607
11-07-14, 07:47 PM
I think that if you had 3 level 15 Treasure Toucans (Flappy Bird?), you would get 3 gems/one-third day. I'm surprised they didn't compensate it.

There's a limit of treasure toucan two per forest

Galadraal
11-07-14, 07:54 PM

That is awesome! Congrats on the Unicorn :-) I don't have an Ocean Owl either and only just got the Vinotaur the other day trying for another Ruby Razor. Now I'm trying for the Emerald with Turtisle or Arboar because it has the lowest fail times and also opportunities for Sea Horse and Ocean Owl. I'm wondering about trying for the Frankenswine though since they suddenly made it limited :-( I thought I had more time for the Frankenswine

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 08:40 PM
That is awesome! Congrats on the Unicorn :-) I don't have an Ocean Owl either and only just got the Vinotaur the other day trying for another Ruby Razor. Now I'm trying for the Emerald with Turtisle or Arboar because it has the lowest fail times and also opportunities for Sea Horse and Ocean Owl. I'm wondering about trying for the Frankenswine though since they suddenly made it limited :-( I thought I had more time for the Frankenswine

Turtisle and arboar won't get you a unicorn bc has only 3 elements on it.

dragonloona
11-07-14, 08:47 PM
Brought treasure toucan earlier, but lost Internet when trying to post pictures!!! Pictures are below!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image1_zpsd88b9c11.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image1_zpsd88b9c11.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image2_zps29da02c0.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image2_zps29da02c0.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image3_zpsdca461f7.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image3_zpsdca461f7.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image4_zpscb95096b.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image4_zpscb95096b.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps9b3493ab.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps9b3493ab.png.html)

Crr008
11-07-14, 08:48 PM
Turtisle and arboar won't get you a unicorn bc has only 3 elements on it.

I think galadraal meant using either of those two animals WITH a unicorn to get the Emerald. ;-)

Petasos
11-07-14, 08:50 PM
I think this flappy flappy is my new favorite critter. I know the wings are the same as the Owls but it has a good look to it. And it is flappy...

infinitelove19
11-07-14, 08:54 PM

Aw, too bad, but thanks for responding! I guess the programming was such that the new introduction of a new element & habitats for it defaulted to the same as for others, but I can see why they might not wanting us to have the same housing ability as for other elements.

I'm currently trying for Toucan on all three of my accounts, using the ocean owl & vinotaur combo on all but one, so either I'll breed myself ocean owl & vinotaur or I will see if other combos will work for Toucan. I am happy to see a breedable animal that gives gems, even a small amount of them. (Now we just need more room!!!)

Makes me wonder if/when we might see more gem-type animals & if they will be breeadable, too...?
Que sera, sera.... ;-)

A2TUDE
11-07-14, 09:12 PM

Evolution is 36hrs

bluefoxcrystal
11-07-14, 09:25 PM
Thank you all for the info :) I updated the original post.

incognito141084
11-07-14, 09:27 PM
add : incognito141084 and you will see it ;-)

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 09:28 PM
I think galadraal meant using either of those two animals WITH a unicorn to get the Emerald. ;-)

Duh silly me... Either I'm losing it or she edited her post. Lol
Either way, thanks for the clarification

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 09:29 PM
There's a limit of treasure toucan two per forest

My607, where did you get that info?

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 09:30 PM
I think this flappy flappy is my new favorite critter. I know the wings are the same as the Owls but it has a good look to it. And it is flappy...

Yup, very nice design

seekerbears
11-07-14, 11:05 PM
Does owlbear and vinatour combo work? Or just ocean owl and vinatour

JeannesThinkin
11-07-14, 11:10 PM
Does owlbear and vinatour combo work? Or just ocean owl and vinatour

Your best bet is to use Ocean Owl and Vinotaur, because it was confirmed by a player. When you get it, you can test Owl Bear and Vinotaur, you might get it! :)

seekerbears
11-07-14, 11:13 PM
Your best bet is to use Ocean Owl and Vinotaur, because it was confirmed by a player. When you get it, you can test Owl Bear and Vinotaur, you might get it! :)

That sucks don't have an ocean owl yet

seekerbears
11-07-14, 11:15 PM
One more quick question! Is this bird limited time? Haven't been able to catch that in these forms yet I hope not i really like the bird

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 11:19 PM

It's definitely NOT a "new record." They made a similar change to Treasure habitats in Dragon Story. The limit in habitat capacity PLUS the limit in how many of the animal a player can have comes as no surprise. The first appearance of a 3-animal and 4-animal habitat was an oversight. Better that they corrected it early, especially since players won't be able to breed or buy Toucans to fill it.
If and when they introduce additional Treasure types in the future, we may see some further adjustment in habitat capacity as well as the number of Treasure Troves one is allowed to build.
Restriction is key to this type of animal. Not everyone can breed it since we don't all have the specified parents; those who can buy it are not allowed to have a flock of them.

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 11:33 PM
So I wonder how long it may take Satyr Sanctuary to breed EITHER/BOTH of those parents. I have such rotten luck with supers. Ultras I can usually breed but this one is totally out of my grasp.
I can't buy it unless I purchase gems (never have before). I MIGHT have had 400 gems if I didn't dip into my "Grand Gem Grove fund" to speed-breed other ultras. Dammit.

CoodieBug
11-08-14, 12:02 AM

Thx for the info--I finally just got my Emerald with Unicorn and Arboar (while trying for an Ocean Owl)!

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 12:31 AM
Well, I am pleasantly shocked! I am now breeding 24 hours, presumably Toucan, with Ocean Owl and Vinotaur!!

Got it on my third attempt!!! First Fairy Ferret, second Skyger, third Treasure Toucan! Whoo-hoo!!
Good luck to everone else & especially those going for Ocean Owl and Vintaur first, like my third account. ;-)

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 01:52 AM
It's definitely NOT a "new record." They made a similar change to Treasure habitats in Dragon Story.

I meant with how fast they made the changes. And as I said in a subsequent post, I understand their reason for doing so.

In DS, as I recall, they made several chancges along the way and I, fortunately, got in on the second-to-last Treasure habitat, which allowed two animals AND the total for what two animals would earn in 24 hours, which, if I'm not mistaken was later changed to a maximum of two animals & their earnings in twelve hours. I have to say, in FFS I hope they never have a gem habitat which would require more than one collection per 24 hours. Just some feedback for TL.

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 01:57 AM
Thx for the info--I finally just got my Emerald with Unicorn and Arboar (while trying for an Ocean Owl)!

Congrats! Personally, Ocean Owl took me a *really* long time. Upon starting to play FFS I loved it, and tried for it often, then switched trying for Unicorn, then back to Owl, when I finally got it. Best of luck!

maizee0404
11-08-14, 04:21 AM
Ahhh no way iv neither of those!! Would it work using diff animals with the same elements??

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 04:48 AM
Ahhh no way iv neither of those!! Would it work using diff animals with the same elements??

No idea. So far the only successful combo is ocean owl and vinotaur.

That said, you could always breed any combo of red, green and blue because you might get vinotaur or ocean owl, AND if only red/green/blue is required, you could get toucan and let us know. Good luck! ;-)

my607
11-08-14, 05:01 AM
I had to stop breeding for toucan because Frankenswine expires in three days. Such short notice.

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 05:15 AM
I meant with how fast they made the changes. And as I said in a subsequent post, I understand their reason for doing so.

In DS, as I recall, they made several chancges along the way and I, fortunately, got in on the second-to-last Treasure habitat, which allowed two animals AND the total for what two animals would earn in 24 hours, which, if I'm not mistaken was later changed to a maximum of two animals & their earnings in twelve hours. I have to say, in FFS I hope they never have a gem habitat which would require more than one collection per 24 hours. Just some feedback for TL.

I see. LOL. They were truly bumbling and stumbling when they first did this in DS. It should have rolled out without a hitch here, given that experience; but I think that's why they were able to take corrective moves so swiftly.

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 05:31 AM

Highly doubtful , because the riddle/clues that introduced the Fortune Finders goal would have no meaning if any old Water-Nature-Fire combo could work.
(The breeding secret is guarded in a labyrinth and only the wisest animals can unlock it.)
But go ahead and breed just those three elements because they can produce the Vinotaur or Ocean Owl. If you get Vinotaur first, remove the Fire from the combo; if you get Owl first, remove the Water. The removal of the unshared element will also eliminate Skyger from the possible fails.

I think the only possibility of OTHER animals parenting Toucan would be:
Vinotaur-OwlBear -- Owl-Bear may be an ALTERNATE to OceanOwl (for those who won that tournament). After all, the clue said the wisest ANIMALS; not wisest animal.
Unicorn-Unicorn -- They parent all other single-element animals and they ARE considered wise, no? I haven't given up on this possibility.

I remember when DS first started doing mystery elements. The overwhelming consensus was that Mythic HAD to be paired with a blue-green dragon to produce Atlas. I was dismissed when I asked how do we know there aren't other ways. It turned out that Atlas could also be bred from Mythic-Mythic, Mythic-Diamond or Diamond-Diamond. (It took me over two years to finally breed it though.) Here at least the Toucan itself cannot parent.

Maybe it's just the absence of both the Toucan's PROVEN parents that has me grasping at straws. LOL

Hawksmoor
11-08-14, 05:43 AM
Well this is a fine how-de-do. I don't have a Vinotaur! I've had so many Fairy Ferret fails trying to get him I've lost count :-(

my607
11-08-14, 05:48 AM
I haven't gotten toucan been close to 13 tries already

Galadraal
11-08-14, 06:47 AM
I don't have the Oceanowl either but I do have the Owlbear so I am going to try that for awhile at least until they give notice the sale is ending or I get fed up LOL The Owlbear actually has "wise" in the description where the Ocean one does not so I'm hoping the bear is another opportunity:-) Also, isn't water required to make the dark element?

Galadraal
11-08-14, 06:52 AM

I can't find how far back but I believe I said I bred those two with the Rubyrazorback for a chance for another Ruby as well as the blue-green ones and possibly the Emerald. Hope this clears things up :-). I May have just thought it and not written it or mentioned it earlier

i just saw someone else quote what I wrote and it didn't mention I was using Rubyrazorback, sorry for the confusion:-). I think I mentioned it in a different post :-)

Galadraal
11-08-14, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know how long Toucan will be on sale? Kooky? I don't want to miss out on the sale if I do need Ocean Owl and Owl Bear doesn't work.

my first attempt gave me a three hour fail but I have a ten hour fail for Frankenswine on the nest. Decided OwlBear and Vinotaur might have Frankenswine as a fail so fingers crossed I get lucky :-)

Hawksmoor
11-08-14, 07:06 AM
Well this is a fine how-de-do. I don't have a Vinotaur! I've had so many Fairy Ferret fails trying to get him I've lost count :-(

Finally got Vinotaur! Jackalope and Pyro Pony. If I never see another Ferry Ferret again it'll be too soon :rolleyes:

Hawksmoor
11-08-14, 08:25 AM
FYI--I'm glad there are so many smart people in this forum. I never would have figured out that riddle by myself :-p

Galadraal
11-08-14, 09:12 AM
FYI--I'm glad there are so many smart people in this forum. I never would have figured out that riddle by myself :-p

I second that:-) thank you to the many bright people who share their insights and breeding and battling tips

zenobia42
11-08-14, 09:31 AM
One more quick question! Is this bird limited time? Haven't been able to catch that in these forms yet I hope not i really like the bird

There is absolutely NO WAY TO TELL if this animal will be limited. The first time they made an animal limited (scare crow), they let us know from the start. The second time (frankenswine), they pretended the animal was permanent by marking it exactly the same as all the other permanent animals, then suddenly decided in half a week from the time notice was given that it would be gone.

Therefore, based on the frankenswine precedent, no animal can EVER be assumed to be permanently available just because it is marked exactly like other permanent animals.

seekerbears
11-08-14, 09:54 AM
There is absolutely NO WAY TO TELL if this animal will be limited. The first time they made an animal limited (scare crow), they let us know from the start. The second time (frankenswine), they pretended the animal was permanent by marking it exactly the same as all the other permanent animals, then suddenly decided in half a week from the time notice was given that it would be gone.

Therefore, based on the frankenswine precedent, no animal can EVER be assumed to be permanently available just because it is marked exactly like other permanent animals.

True. I still need to breed for the ocean owl and I have no idea how long that will take hopefully I can get the tucan before it's gone if it is limited

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 09:58 AM
Hmm... I wonder whether the Storm Sphinx might be included among "the wisest animals". It's certainly as good a candidate as any owl; even better. It's a mythological creature from the same tradition as the Minotaur. It holds secrets, guards important buildings, and challenges people with riddles!

The cool thing about the riddle here is that, when you figure it out, you laugh and say "That can't be it, can it?" Then someone confirms it with a successful breeding! I still think there may be more to Toucan's mysteries if players are willing to get playful and explore. Vinotaur is key, but he may release the treasured creature with more than one wise partner.

Hawksmoor
11-08-14, 10:12 AM
Hmm... I wonder whether the Storm Sphinx might be included among "the wisest animals". It's certainly as good a candidate as any owl; even better. It's a mythological creature from the same tradition as the Minotaur. It holds secrets, guards important buildings, and challenges people with riddles!

The cool thing about the riddle here is that, when you figure it out, you laugh and say "That can't be it, can it?" Then someone confirms it with a successful breeding! I still think there may be more to Toucan's mysteries if players are willing to get playful and explore. Vinotaur is key, but he may release the treasured creature with more than one wise partner.

You may be on to something Sand. In the description for the Storm Phoenix it says that the creature demands you to speak to it in riddles.

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 10:27 AM
You may be on to something Sand. In the description for the Storm Phoenix it says that the creature demands you to speak to it in riddles.

But all for naught. I have no Sphinx. I have no Vinotaur. I have no Ocean Owl. Good heavens -- the ONLY super-rare Nature animal I've EVER been able to breed on Satyr Sanctuary was Aurora Pegasus. Woe is me!

I can't even do the Unicorn experiment because my second Unicorn is still a baby.

Hawksmoor
11-08-14, 10:30 AM
But all for naught. I have no Sphinx. I have no Vinotaur. I have no Ocean Owl. Good heavens -- the ONLY super-rare Nature animal I've EVER been able to breed on Satyr Sanctuary was Aurora Pegasus. Woe is me!

I can't even do the Unicorn experiment because my second Unicorn is still a baby.

Oh dear! I don't have a Storm Phoenix either. I have to admit I've been rather lucky with the super's lately though. Maybe I'll try my luck at getting the Phoenix next.

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 11:27 AM
Can someone tell me if there is in fact a limit on how many we can have? Is it even worth trying to breed one ( I bought one), or are we limited to one. I know my607 mentioned were limited to 2, but how accurate is that info.
Maybe the moderators can give us a confirmation on this.

Galadraal
11-08-14, 11:42 AM
I don't have Storm Phoenix either :-(

my607
11-08-14, 11:46 AM
Can someone tell me if there is in fact a limit on how many we can have? Is it even worth trying to breed one ( I bought one), or are we limited to one. I know my607 mentioned were limited to 2, but how accurate is that info.
Maybe the moderators can give us a confirmation on this.

I got the info from wiki of FFS.

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 11:58 AM
I got the info from wiki of FFS.

Thanks. Now if we only knew where they got that info from, it will be great lol

readysetgo888
11-08-14, 12:12 PM
I doubt this is limited. They made a new habitat for it! If it were going to be removed from the game it would likely be a long time before they did. And don't worry, they will definitely make sure you know exactly when it's going to be removed so that you can buy it first.

If people are worried based on the frankenswine, I would point out that the frankenswine was clearly a Halloween themed animal and therefore it's not that surprising that it would be removed, even though they didn't say so immediately. The toucan is not a themed animal.

All in all, I don't think it possibly being limited is a reason to buy one right now rather than breeding for it... you can always buy it later if they do make it limited.

seekerbears
11-08-14, 12:34 PM
I doubt this is limited. They made a new habitat for it! If it were going to be removed from the game it would likely be a long time before they did. And don't worry, they will definitely make sure you know exactly when it's going to be removed so that you can buy it first.

If people are worried based on the frankenswine, I would point out that the frankenswine was clearly a Halloween themed animal and therefore it's not that surprising that it would be removed, even though they didn't say so immediately. The toucan is not a themed animal.

All in all, I don't think it possibly being limited is a reason to buy one right now rather than breeding for it... you can always buy it later if they do make it limited.
Couldn't agree with you more they also have a goal for this animal and it says 'unravel the mystery figure out how to breed this animal' and when you complete it you get 5 gems there's also no time limit so I think this a temporary animal that will stay

Dragonerita
11-08-14, 12:56 PM
I have Ocean Owl + Vinotaur in the Den and will come up with a Sea Horse. I didn't have the Sea Horse, so it doesn't count as fail ;-) After that, I'll try to breed a Frankenswine before it expires. So, I'll try the Toucan again after a few days, and report how it went.

kbli7355
11-08-14, 12:59 PM
Geez, I don't have a Vinotaur nor Ocean Owl... Wish if I could get them while I'm breeding Crystal Unicorn...

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 01:10 PM
Does anybody who has a Toucan know how many foods it takes to get it from level 10 to 15?

The one picture somebody posted seems to say that Toucan earns the same (2gems/3days) at both level 4 & 10.
It is only at level 15 that one earns 3gems/3days.

If this is the case, I figure it's best to keep it at level 4 until I've got enough food to get it to level 15, but how much food is that? I know it's a LOT, but precisely how much? 200,000? Anybody know?

Thanks.

kbli7355
11-08-14, 01:19 PM
Does anybody who has a Toucan know how many foods it takes to get it from level 10 to 15?

The one picture somebody posted seems to say that Toucan earns the same (2gems/3days) at both level 4 & 10.
It is only at level 15 that one earns 3gems/3days.

If this is the case, I figure it's best to keep it at level 4 until I've got enough food to get it to level 15, but how much food is that? I know it's a LOT, but precisely how much? 200,000? Anybody know?

Thanks.
I don't know the exact amount of food needed but I believe 150,000 is already enough.