PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Toucan

Pages : 1 [2] 3

FigmentValley
11-08-14, 01:26 PM
I repeat, TL..... I LIKE a long term challenge. This Tocan is exactly that! I don't want everything instantly -that is no fun. I don't want to run out of room or habitats or creatures for that matter.

I got every monster in monster story. It died. I ran out of everything in DragonStory -habitats, etc. It is dying.

Don't rush this one. Let it just sit and simmer.......... I will get there. In time. That is the fun of it!

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 01:41 PM
Does anybody who has a Toucan know how many foods it takes to get it from level 10 to 15?

The one picture somebody posted seems to say that Toucan earns the same (2gems/3days) at both level 4 & 10.
It is only at level 15 that one earns 3gems/3days.

If this is the case, I figure it's best to keep it at level 4 until I've got enough food to get it to level 15, but how much food is that? I know it's a LOT, but precisely how much? 200,000? Anybody know?

Thanks.

Level 8 through 9 needs 1500x 5
Level 9 through 10 needs 2100x 5

I decided to stop feeding him until I bring all my ruby pigs to level 9 as it is cheaper and I'll need their funds for future expansions

dragonloona
11-08-14, 01:57 PM
But all for naught. I have no Sphinx. I have no Vinotaur. I have no Ocean Owl. Good heavens -- the ONLY super-rare Nature animal I've EVER been able to breed on Satyr Sanctuary was Aurora Pegasus. Woe is me!

I can't even do the Unicorn experiment because my second Unicorn is still a baby.

I'm actually going to try out your idea with breeding 2 Crystal unicorns together to see if they give a treasure toucan!!! I will even try out vinotaur and storm sphinx to see if it's a possible parent for treasure toucan too!!!! Will let all know on outcome!!!

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 02:00 PM
I'm actually going to try out your idea with breeding 2 Crystal unicorns together to see if they give a treasure toucan!!! I will even try out vinotaur and storm sphinx to see if it's a possible parent for treasure toucan too!!!! Will let all know on outcome!!!

I tried two unicorns ( many times) to no avail.
All I got were pandas, ponies, FF, skygers, lighting leopards. I gave up !!

readysetgo888
11-08-14, 02:57 PM
I repeat, TL..... I LIKE a long term challenge. This Tocan is exactly that! I don't want everything instantly -that is no fun. I don't want to run out of room or habitats or creatures for that matter.

Don't rush this one. Let it just sit and simmer.......... I will get there. In time. That is the fun of it!

Couldn't agree with this more.

Lipand5kids
11-08-14, 03:11 PM

I got every monster in monster story. It died. I ran out of everything in DragonStory -habitats, etc. It is dying.

I agree as well. So hate timers on breeding, since many take a long time to breed then hatch.

dreamusman
11-08-14, 03:16 PM
Will there be more gem animals like this or not

jptheripper
11-08-14, 03:41 PM
sea horse and now jackalope fails (was missing both) with vintaur and ocean owl. Unfortunately not missing any others, so not sure how long i will try for this

Lisa0107
11-08-14, 04:27 PM
I've been working on porkupine but i think I'll start giving this a try. I have both Vintaur and ocean owl so I have a shot! I really like the habitat also, very pretty. and I have enough coins to get that now. I wonder if I will get gems from it without an animal in it? Now that would be nice! LOL Good luck everyone!

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 04:29 PM

Perhaps the Unicorns are not wise enough. TL may have disabled Gem parentage for this particular element. Otherwise it would be akin to cutting the Gordian Knot.

my607
11-08-14, 04:50 PM
How long does it take to build the habitat for treasure toucan?

dreamusman
11-08-14, 05:02 PM
How long does it take to build the habitat for treasure toucan?

It takes 24 hours to build

my607
11-08-14, 05:03 PM
It takes 24 hours to build

Thank you

cquinn32
11-08-14, 10:22 PM
I keep trying the ocean owl / vinotaur combo with no luck yet and keep checking here hoping to see a picture posted with 24hrs in the den with the same combo.

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 10:34 PM
I keep trying the ocean owl / vinotaur combo with no luck yet and keep checking here hoping to see a picture posted with 24hrs in the den with the same combo.

I gave up lol
I bet there's a back door on this one too, we just don't know it yet

flowless
11-09-14, 12:21 AM
What's the total apples needed till level 15

Don't have it yet
But iam already playing things for this cuti

flowless
11-09-14, 12:30 AM
Well, I am pleasantly shocked! I am now breeding 24 hours, presumably Toucan, with Ocean Owl and Vinotaur!!

Got it on my third attempt!!! First Fairy Ferret, second Skyger, third Treasure Toucan! Whoo-hoo!!
Good luck to everone else & especially those going for Ocean Owl and Vintaur first, like my third account. ;-)

I keep on readying your post to believe it
:)

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 12:51 AM

Don't have it yet

From level 4 through 15 needs a little over 130,000 apples

SANDSCApe
11-09-14, 02:57 AM
I've joined the eccentrics who are buying the habitat just for its beauty. One day, a Treasure animal might live in it if I EVER manage to have the parents. Until then, it's a lovely decorative item that cannot be stored.

flowless
11-09-14, 03:07 AM
From level 4 through 15 needs a little over 130,000 apples

Thanx
Very helpful to know

I have around 100,000
Was saving to evolve others animals which r 9 on total on my storage

my607
11-09-14, 05:14 AM
I haven't gotten the toucan yet it's been over a dozen tries already. I probably go breed something else and come back to it.

SANDSCApe
11-09-14, 06:01 AM
I gave up lol
I bet there's a back door on this one too, we just don't know it yet

There is never any such thing as "back door breeding". We can only do what breeding rules allow. So understanding those rules is all there is to it. Mysteries are there to be unravelled.

I believe there is more to the Toucan's mystery than has been revealed; I just don't have the animals to prove it. The ridiculous number of super-rares missing from my forest makes it impossible to explore this.

SANDSCApe
11-09-14, 06:28 AM
Yay! I finally got my first Jackalope trying for a Vinotaur to half-parent a Toucan. LOL
Ah, well, this will be a long-term project. Meanwhile, I need to go round up a wayward sheep. I think I hear it calling. Maaaaaa...!

roguebee
11-09-14, 07:40 AM
Three failures with the ocean owl / vinotaur combo now. At least its only 6 or 7 hours per failure (Skygers & Turtisles)

my607
11-09-14, 08:16 AM
Three failures with the ocean owl / vinotaur combo now. At least its only 6 or 7 hours per failure (Skygers & Turtisles)

I have about 14 fails already.

dragonloona
11-09-14, 11:31 AM

Lol you can't give up yet, you've yet to get any ultra rares with unicorns pair!!! I won't stop till I do get an ultra rare, either unicorn or if we can breed toucan with two unicorns! After all, ultra rares are very hard to breed anyway lol!!

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 11:37 AM
Lol you can't give up yet, you've yet to get any ultra rares with unicorns pair!!! I won't stop till I do get an ultra rare, either unicorn or if we can breed toucan with two unicorns! After all, ultra rares are very hard to breed anyway lol!!

I would love to get another unicorn but I think the odds of getting one are higher if you're breeding 4 elements than breeding 2 unicorns. TL droped the odds of the latter tremendously a while back.
Also, though it makes sense that breeding 2 unicorns should give you a treasure toucan, this hasn't been verified.

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 11:40 AM

Don't have it yet

So apparently to feed this little treasure from level 9 to 15 it needs 120,000 apples. That's a lot for me though I upgraded 4 of my farms to grand farms.
I think I'll be happy with 2 gems/3 days for now ... Lol

dragonloona
11-09-14, 02:39 PM
I would love to get another unicorn but I think the odds of getting one are higher if you're breeding 4 elements than breeding 2 unicorns. TL droped the odds of the latter tremendously a while back.
Also, though it makes sense that breeding 2 unicorns should give you a treasure toucan, this hasn't been verified.

Well for me I have nothing but time on my hands since having all the animals and working on the battlegrounds right now! And to be truthful, I think two unicorns is easier, the longest fail is 7 hours, so your next chance isn't a day away lol. If I get it with this combo will let all know soon!!!

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 02:48 PM
Well for me I have nothing but time on my hands since having all the animals and working on the battlegrounds right now! And to be truthful, I think two unicorns is easier, the longest fail is 7 hours, so your next chance isn't a day away lol. If I get it with this combo will let all know soon!!!

Please do. Thanks dragonloona

Buttercup0001
11-09-14, 03:02 PM
I have waited all night for my breeding garden to be free so that I can start to try for the treasure toucan.......1st attempt is a ferry ferret (3hrs) ......only problem is that now my tree of life has got an 18hr bansheep egg in it....looks like ill be using my gems to free it up

my607
11-09-14, 03:14 PM
I have waited all night for my breeding garden to be free so that I can start to try for the treasure toucan.......1st attempt is a ferry ferret (3hrs) ......only problem is that now my tree of life has got an 18hr bansheep egg in it....looks like ill be using my gems to free it up

I still don't have the toucan after 15 fails but other players do it get faster. I decided to take a break and come back in few days to do it.

MelodicStars
11-09-14, 03:19 PM
I just wanted to say that if ANYBODY gets a 24 hour breeding time with the owl-Vinotaur combo, please take a screenshot if you can. All we've ever gotten was somebody saying they got the toucan with the combo,but they never posted a screenshot. I feel like the combo is still a bit shaky on producing one.

If you already bred it but didn't take a screenshot, it's totally fine. And congrats :P Just saying for future players who actually breed it with this combo.

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 03:33 PM
I just wanted to say that if ANYBODY gets a 24 hour breeding time with the owl-Vinotaur combo, please take a screenshot if you can. All we've ever gotten was somebody saying they got the toucan with the combo,but they never posted a screenshot. I feel like the combo is still a bit shaky on producing one.

If you already bred it but didn't take a screenshot, it's totally fine. And congrats :P Just saying for future players who actually breed it with this combo.

Omg chocolate I was thinking of asking the same thing. I think two different people claimed to have gotten it but I only saw a screenshot of the egg hatching. I would really like two see a 23 hours plus on the breeding den with the combo used.
I really do hope someone will submit a pic for us all.

Buttercup0001
11-09-14, 03:46 PM
Omg chocolate I was thinking of asking the same thing. I think two different people claimed to have gotten it but I only saw a screenshot of the egg hatching. I would really like two see a 23 hours plus on the breeding den with the combo used.
I really do hope someone will submit a pic for us all.
Also thought the same thing. If I breed the toucan using the breeding combo of vinotaur & ocean owl I will post a picture ASAP

Buttercup0001
11-09-14, 03:52 PM
I still don't have the toucan after 15 fails but other players do it get faster. I decided to take a break and come back in few days to do it.

15 fails :eek: This is my 1st try. There is no hurry at least. Dont like getting stressed and frustrated just on a game.....my kids do that to me lol:rolleyes:

my607
11-09-14, 04:18 PM
15 fails :eek: This is my 1st try. There is no hurry at least. Dont like getting stressed and frustrated just on a game.....my kids do that to me lol:rolleyes:

That's why I'm taking a break and try breeding other animals missing from my album. My kids do that too.

Jasmerz
11-09-14, 04:44 PM

Im totally with you on this, just wanna know for sure if we're even using the correct pair.

Melis2a84
11-09-14, 04:49 PM

I agree totally as well that would be great to see a screenshot :)

SHINeeFan23
11-09-14, 07:16 PM
I'm just breeding them until I get one. So far it's just Fairy Ferrets, Vinotaurs, Aquatter, Skyger & Solar Simian. I hope I can get it soon.

my607
11-09-14, 07:23 PM
I'm just breeding them until I get one. So far it's just Fairy Ferrets, Vinotaurs, Aquatter, Skyger & Solar Simian. I hope I can get it soon.

I'm taking a break from toucan because I have 15 fails and getting annoyed. It's not limited time so doesn't matter. Good luck

flowless
11-09-14, 09:14 PM
Only positive thing from breeding this combo
Getting my missing heghog that's it

And obviously this cutie which iam sure as usual am looking nothing less that 10 fail
Never hot anything new on first , second or third try before

On my second fail

dragonloona
11-09-14, 10:33 PM
Please do. Thanks dragonloona

OK I think it's safe to say I don't think we can get a treasure toucan breeding 2 Crystal unicorns together! I just paired them again and got an ultra rare, my fourth Crystal unicorn!!! And I will gladly give it a new home very soon!!!! One less ruby razorback lol! I will soon try breeding Ocean Owl and vinotaur, plus vinotaur and storm sphinx!!! I will gladly show picture of breeding pair if and when I do breed one!!!

zenobia42
11-09-14, 10:40 PM
OK I think it's safe to say I don't think we can get a treasure toucan breeding 2 Crystal unicorns together! I just paired them again and got an ultra rare, my fourth Crystal unicorn!!! And I will gladly give it a new home very soon!!!! One less ruby razorback lol! I will soon try breeding Ocean Owl and vinotaur, plus vinotaur and storm sphinx!!! I will gladly show picture of breeding pair if and when I do breed one!!!

Wow, FOUR unicorns? You are one lucky dog - congrats!!!

Aernak
11-09-14, 10:50 PM
I am excited about trying for Toucan because I am still missing Jackalope, Solar Simian, and Seahorse from my collection. I am *hoping* this will make the Toucan fails not as painful. LOL. So far though, I got one Fairy Ferret. LOL. #2 is either a Solar Simian or a Turtisle. Hoping for Simian! :)

dragonloona
11-09-14, 10:54 PM

Thanks, a fail I'm happy to have lol. After it hatches, will try more at breeding for a second treasure toucan! ! My first I brought lol!!!

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 11:12 PM

Oh wow congrats. How many fails did you have? Maybe I should go back to breeding 2 unicorns again

dragonloona
11-09-14, 11:51 PM
Oh wow congrats. How many fails did you have? Maybe I should go back to breeding 2 unicorns again

To be honest, it was only 7 fails, and the last 2 fails was skyger!!! I speed up the time on both and then got Unicorn!!! I'm now trying vinotaur and ocean owl for toucan!!! Will post pictures if I get it!!!

SANDSCApe
11-10-14, 12:51 AM

Gosh, Unicorns just LOVE your forest. I remember when you were breeding them like crazy in August and had to start selling them off. But I'm glad someone was willing to run with my ideas for alternate parentage. Of course, whether you get it with the Vinotaur-OceanOwl or one of the other suggested alternates, we know we can count on you for that breeding timer screenshot. Make them believe! LOL
Although your "fails" don't conclusively prove that Unicorn-Unicorn cannot pair Toucan, it's reasonable to move on to something else. (How many 45-hour fails can one endure? LOL)
If others (who aren't chasing limited animals and don't mind spending gems) could join you in these tests, that would be super!
But we still don't have official confirmation of whether players are limited to one Toucan. If that's the case, it wouldn't matter WHICH breeding pair was attempted by someone who already purchased Toucan. Moderators, please, please address that question so that Toucan owners won't waste time and money trying to breed another.

EviBrooklyn
11-10-14, 01:52 AM
To be honest, it was only 7 fails, and the last 2 fails was skyger!!! I speed up the time on both and then got Unicorn!!! I'm now trying vinotaur and ocean owl for toucan!!! Will post pictures if I get it!!!

Lol... I just bred my 3rd frankenswine
Back to the two unicorns
And then I'll jump to ocean owl - vinotur, but I honestly, though two people said they bred the toucan, I have hard time believing it until I see the 24 hour breeding time on the den.

Perry9877
11-10-14, 02:12 AM
If you want the frankenswine just try for that one first... The toucan is unlikely to be limited. No rush.... It will likely take many, many attempts to get it anyway.

The reason some of us are freaking a bit is that the Frankenswine and the SALE price of the Toucan both end at the same time. Therefore you can spend the remaining time trying to breed Frankie, but then the Toucan will be 800 gems (and that price is MAJOR cray cray!). I am purchasing one as I bought the gems to purchase the Scarecrow, but did not realise the Crow ended before midnight California time. What I am bummed about is the fact that when you get an egg as a prize for the Battlefield, Arena, or Personal/Community Goals they go into your inventory. If you buy an egg it must go immediately onto your tree. So the Toucan takes 23 hours to breed which means you cannot breed the Frankenswine at the same time unless you spring gems to speed breeding. I really wish you were able to have two nests in this game, especially since the way it works is that a creature becomes limited only 2-3 days before they are gone for good (or hopefully until next Halloween). In my case I do not mind buying creatures for gems if I can but I cannot seem to be able to justify spending gems to fast breed those creatures.

sanya87
11-10-14, 03:38 AM
Gosh, Unicorns just LOVE your forest. I remember when you were breeding them like crazy in August and had to start selling them off. But I'm glad someone was willing to run with my ideas for alternate parentage. Of course, whether you get it with the Vinotaur-OceanOwl or one of the other suggested alternates, we know we can count on you for that breeding timer screenshot. Make them believe! LOL
Although your "fails" don't conclusively prove that Unicorn-Unicorn cannot pair Toucan, it's reasonable to move on to something else. (How many 45-hour fails can one endure? LOL)
If others (who aren't chasing limited animals and don't mind spending gems) could join you in these tests, that would be super!
But we still don't have official confirmation of whether players are limited to one Toucan. If that's the case, it wouldn't matter WHICH breeding pair was attempted by someone who already purchased Toucan. Moderators, please, please address that question so that Toucan owners won't waste time and money trying to breed another.

Today when I visited a neighbor I saw one toucan in the habitat and another one in the nest so I guess it's possible to have more then one but in separated habitats.

SANDSCApe
11-10-14, 03:48 AM
The reason some of us are freaking a bit is that the Frankenswine and the SALE price of the Toucan both end at the same time. Therefore you can spend the remaining time trying to breed Frankie, but then the Toucan will be 800 gems (and that price is MAJOR cray cray!). I am purchasing one as I bought the gems to purchase the Scarecrow, but did not realise the Crow ended before midnight California time. What I am bummed about is the fact that when you get an egg as a prize for the Battlefield, Arena, or Personal/Community Goals they go into your inventory. If you buy an egg it must go immediately onto your tree. So the Toucan takes 23 hours to breed which means you cannot breed the Frankenswine at the same time unless you spring gems to speed breeding. I really wish you were able to have two nests in this game, especially since the way it works is that a creature becomes limited only 2-3 days before they are gone for good (or hopefully until next Halloween). In my case I do not mind buying creatures for gems if I can but I cannot seem to be able to justify spending gems to fast breed those creatures.

These are valid points, but if they want both and have neither, it still makes more sense for players to focus on Frankenswine first. If they are prepared to take advantage of the Toucan sale, they can always speed whatever Dark-Nature egg may be on their nest in the final hour of opportunity and plop down a purchased Toucan egg.
Also, after Frankenswine is gone, the potential for breeding Toucan remains, even with the sale price gone.
Again, I advise that Toucan attempts come AFTER and SEPARATE from attempts at any limited animal. Grab the sale near the end so that it won't interfere with breeding.

SANDSCApe
11-10-14, 03:49 AM
Today when I visited a neighbor I saw one toucan in the habitat and another one in the nest so I guess it's possible to have more then one but in separated habitats.

Sweet!

If you bought one that's all they allow us to own. If you haven't bought one tell support. You should have it available to buy.

Maybe it's buy only one, and breed only one? On DS, there are limits to how many of a specific Treasure type you can own. None of them are breedable there though.

But at least we now know that buying one won't prevent you from breeding another.

flowless
11-10-14, 04:00 AM
Question
Does the gem collected from the habit count with the max num of gems allowed per day

Or is it extra ?

BiggerBubbles
11-10-14, 04:07 AM
Im totally with you on this, just wanna know for sure if we're even using the correct pair.

Sorry, didn't see you were wanting a screenshot with timer till just now. I got the 24 hr time this morning. Had 3 fails before this one. My Ocean Owl & Vinotaur are still in the breeding den. Another 11 hrs to go before I move the egg to the nest. Xenobia, I added you the other day, it's Kiwi Land. Gosh, would hate to think I misread the timer. Will know at 9am Sydney time!

maizee0404
11-10-14, 05:04 AM
Finally have the vinotour breeding...now i just need the ocean owl and i can try for toucan :)

charmeyone
11-10-14, 05:32 AM
I'm trying to get a vinotaur.. I've tried pyro pony and panda like a good dozen times and keep getting the ferret. Is there another way to get it?

SANDSCApe
11-10-14, 06:07 AM
I'm trying to get a vinotaur.. I've tried pyro pony and panda like a good dozen times and keep getting the ferret. Is there another way to get it?

Sure! Any combo with Nature and Fire can do it, but for some of us Vinotaur is elusive.
I got it on Forest Gump yesterday using two Solar Simians. But on Satyr Sanctuary, I have awful luck with Nature-Fire. Got the Solar Simian for the first time last month and first Jackalope yesterday. Crazy, crazy Ferrets. Just gotta keep trying whenever there isn't something more urgent.

SANDSCApe
11-10-14, 06:15 AM
Sorry, didn't see you were wanting a screenshot with timer till just now. I got the 24 hr time this morning. Had 3 fails before this one. My Ocean Owl & Vinotaur are still in the breeding den. Another 11 hrs to go before I move the egg to the nest. Xenobia, I added you the other day, it's Kiwi Land. Gosh, would hate to think I misread the timer. Will know at 9am Sydney time!

Take the screenshot anyway. It will show the breeding pair with the timer near the half-way mark with 11 hours left. That's good enough until someone can post a full timer.
Nothing else you can breed with those parents will show 10 or 11 hours left with more than half the time transpired. The longest fail would be Seahorse with 13 hours.
Post the pic; make them believe! LOL

flowless
11-10-14, 06:35 AM
I guess this one gonna be hard to obtain for a lot of players simply cuz a lot don't visit forums and no walls to talk
And I think if players saw others have this cutie then they would feel tempted to buy

SHINeeFan23
11-10-14, 06:40 AM
I'm taking a break from toucan because I have 15 fails and getting annoyed. It's not limited time so doesn't matter. Good luck

Yeah after this one I might do the same. Plus I need to evolve my ocean owl.

Galadraal
11-10-14, 07:13 AM
Ok this is it at at level 10

Does it earn 3 gems in three days? Or, do you have to take it to level 15?

My my apologies if this was already asked

Hawksmoor
11-10-14, 07:26 AM
I'm taking a break from trying to get the Bansheep, too many koala fails making me cranky, so I threw the Vinotaur and ocean owl into the den this morn. Got a 13 hr timer which I believe is the Sea Horse. I guess I can't complain about this "fail" it's another super I didn't have! :-)

my607
11-10-14, 07:29 AM
I'm taking a break from trying to get the Bansheep, too many koala fails making me cranky, so I threw the Vinotaur and ocean owl into the den this morn. Got a 13 hr timer which I believe is the Sea Horse. I guess I can't complain about this "fail" it's another super I didn't have! :-)

Congrats! I need that one too since I have the goal for it

Hawksmoor
11-10-14, 07:31 AM
Congrats! I need that one too since I have the goal for it

I didn't get that goal :-( I remember one of the mod's said it wasn't available to all players for some reason. Anyhow good luck in getting one!

my607
11-10-14, 07:40 AM
I didn't get that goal :-( I remember one of the mod's said it wasn't available to all players for some reason. Anyhow good luck in getting one!

Thank you

charmeyone
11-10-14, 08:34 AM
Thank you SANDScape!

readysetgo888
11-10-14, 09:09 AM

Fair enough... TL set up it perfectly to coerce people into spending money to buy one or both and then to speed their hatching. It's one thing to spend money because you want to, and another thing to reward them for attempting to make you feel like you HAVE to. Of course, you don't have to... you can breed the toucan completely for free, it might just take a long time. And the frankenswine won't count as an empty in your album once it's removed from the game.

jim23cash
11-10-14, 09:20 AM
I don't understand why so many of you didn't believe the first person who told you, then haven't believed any of the other people who have gotten it either. Crickey, why would I lie about something like that? It's easy to check! Just add their forest name and go look! This is my second one. First one I bred Vinotaur and Ocean Owl. If you see my first post, I even listed the number of tries and fails that I got. I tried again a bunch, and got at least 3 Vinotaur fails, and several Ocean Owls, along with the usuals. I finally decided to buy a second one while they are on sale. I put the egg in the nest, and immediately bought the habitat, so I noticed that the hatch time and the habitat construction time were the same. 24 hours. I felt really bad for the first person who posted the combo, because they were new to the forum, and were upset that no one believed them. Now I'm upset, too. When did everyone on here get so cynical? It feels like you are saying that NONE of us are trustworthy, and I don't like that. Why don't we try trusting each other, unless we have very compelling evidence otherwise. So, since my word wasn't good enough, here is a picture of the egg I bought, on the nest. Sorry it doesn't have the whole 24 hours on the timer, I didn't realize I needed to prove anything until I came on today.
I'm also including a picture of my 2 habitats, one under construction, the other with Toucan.
You all have made me very sad today.

SANDSCApe
11-10-14, 10:15 AM
I don't understand why so many of you didn't believe the first person who told you, then haven't believed any of the other people who have gotten it either. Crickey, why would I lie about something like that? It's easy to check! Just add their forest name and go look! This is my second one. First one I bred Vinotaur and Ocean Owl. If you see my first post, I even listed the number of tries and fails that I got. I tried again a bunch, and got at least 3 Vinotaur fails, and several Ocean Owls, along with the usuals. I finally decided to buy a second one while they are on sale. I put the egg in the nest, and immediately bought the habitat, so I noticed that the hatch time and the habitat construction time were the same. 24 hours. I felt really bad for the first person who posted the combo, because they were new to the forum, and were upset that no one believed them. Now I'm upset, too. When did everyone on here get so cynical? It feels like you are saying that NONE of us are trustworthy, and I don't like that. Why don't we try trusting each other, unless we have very compelling evidence otherwise. So, since my word wasn't good enough, here is a picture of the egg I bought, on the nest. Sorry it doesn't have the whole 24 hours on the timer, I didn't realize I needed to prove anything until I came on today.
I'm also including a picture of my 2 habitats, one under construction, the other with Toucan.

Personally, I would have tried any combo that had a testimony, proof or no proof, if only I had the parents. The Vinotaur-OceanOwl combo should have been easy enough to believe; it fit the goal's clues perfectly. Other parents also fit the clues, but nobody posted any success from those. Not yet, anyway.

Yes, there are skeptics; people generally prefer proof, myself included. But please don't take it to heart. I keep saying "make them believe" because I find the demand for proof a bit amusing. (I know some may find THAT offensive too, but you can't please them all.)

You've been playing this game longer than most, so your word is good enough for me. Just keep in mind that some people here cannot forget the first Treasure Dragon hoax on DS. Again, I'm sure it's not personal. They want proof and, hopefully, sooner or later, someone will deliver it.

Likewise, I'm dying to see proof of any OTHER combo that might work. In fact, I'm somewhat more intrigued by the possibilities that have no report yet of success.

dragonloona
11-10-14, 11:03 AM

I know, I remember I had to sell 2 of them due to not haVing the habitat plus no room lol!! I do promise if I breed the toucan, I will take pictures, even if someone beats me to it first lol!!!

cquinn32
11-10-14, 11:09 AM
Over 30 attempts and no toucan yet!! Have went through a vinotaur, 2 ocean owls and a seahorse. Just gonna keep trying!!

kooky panda
11-10-14, 11:16 AM
Could not help myself. Had to buy him!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/DA8C48B6-1F45-4C92-AD46-78DF2E478C55_zps6l8ogkig.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/DA8C48B6-1F45-4C92-AD46-78DF2E478C55_zps6l8ogkig.png.html)

Hawksmoor
11-10-14, 11:17 AM
Could not help myself. Had to buy him!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/DA8C48B6-1F45-4C92-AD46-78DF2E478C55_zps6l8ogkig.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/DA8C48B6-1F45-4C92-AD46-78DF2E478C55_zps6l8ogkig.png.html)

Lol, awwww! He's gorgeous at max level! :D

my607
11-10-14, 11:39 AM
Over 30 attempts and no toucan yet!! Have went through a vinotaur, 2 ocean owls and a seahorse. Just gonna keep trying!!

Wow I thought 15 was a lot. But i didn't expect it would be that many fails.

jim23cash
11-10-14, 11:44 AM
Personally, I would have tried any combo that had a testimony, proof or no proof, if only I had the parents. The Vinotaur-OceanOwl combo should have been easy enough to believe; it fit the goal's clues perfectly. Other parents also fit the clues, but nobody posted any success from those. Not yet, anyway.

Yes, there are skeptics; people generally prefer proof, myself included. But please don't take it to heart. I keep saying "make them believe" because I find the demand for proof a bit amusing. (I know some may find THAT offensive too, but you can't please them all.)

You've been playing this game longer than most, so your word is good enough for me. Just keep in mind that some people here cannot forget the first Treasure Dragon hoax on DS. Again, I'm sure it's not personal. They want proof and, hopefully, sooner or later, someone will deliver it.

Likewise, I'm dying to see proof of any OTHER combo that might work. In fact, I'm somewhat more intrigued by the possibilities that have no report yet of success.

There is a picture of it on the nest in my post, you just have to click on the attachment on first line. I don't know why it does that, it showed both pictures at first. It shows 17 hours and some change. The nest shows a little less, because I went back after I wrote the post, and took the nest picture. If people still don't believe it, they can always go look. I don't find it particularly amusing when people don't believe me. Especially when there were at least 4 people that posted the same combo. Maybe I make mistakes sometimes, but to disbelieve everyone that posted is a bit rude, in my opinion. Then again, it's just my opinion. I will post it again here, maybe it will stay a photo so it's easier to see.

BiggerBubbles
11-10-14, 12:02 PM
Take the screenshot anyway. It will show the breeding pair with the timer near the half-way mark with 11 hours left. That's good enough until someone can post a full timer.
Nothing else you can breed with those parents will show 10 or 11 hours left with more than half the time transpired. The longest fail would be Seahorse with 13 hours.
Post the pic; make them believe! LOL

Sorry, Sandscape, went to bed after last post, timer now down to 3 hrs or so. If anyone wants to check they can add me, ID BiggerBubbles. In 3 hrs or so whatever it is will move from breeding den to the nest. Put ocean owl & Vinotour in for 4th time, yesterday morning about 9am our time. I'm afraid I'm not a very good supporter, promised my hubby no real money, nothing on my FFS has been bought. I have used downloaded, gifted & earnt gems to speed things occasionally, but I have bred everything, including the unicorn (from 2 lvl 4s I chucked in the den when there was a tournament on) and rubies (2nd one evolving now), tks to reading the forum. Still don't have a magmacore, that bugs me. BTW there is also 3 hrs to go on my treasure trove and that is also 24hrs, and it was bought a few minutes after I got the 24hr timer. Not long now.

my607
11-10-14, 12:23 PM
I did get confirmation that you can obtain the Toucan from breeding.

Please keep in mind that that this is an ultra rare animal so it may take more than just a couple of tries.

Good luck! http://forum.storm8.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

It's a lot more than a couple of tries for some players. Other players are lucky to get it like third or fourth try. I'm close to my twenty time trying for toucan. :mad:

EviBrooklyn
11-10-14, 12:24 PM
Does it earn 3 gems in three days? Or, do you have to take it to level 15?

My my apologies if this was already asked

3 gems only if at level 15. Anything else( level 4 thru 14) 2 gems every 3 days

cquinn32
11-10-14, 12:43 PM
Wow I thought 15 was a lot. But i didn't expect it would be that many fails.

Haha being that it's an ultra rare 30 attempts is nothing!! Wouldn't suprise me if it took hundreds of tries so congrats to those that got it so easily!!

maizee0404
11-10-14, 12:58 PM
Well the vinotour i thought was breeding turned put to be a skygar! Sad face!! Wish there was a combo with animals i do have!

zenobia42
11-10-14, 01:30 PM
I hope I get a bansheep soon so I can start trying for this one. The whole changing franskenswine from permanent to extremely time-limited has me terrified of losing the bansheep next. So I feel like I can't do anything but try for that cute sheep 24/7, and since the shortest fail on that is 17 hours, and I've already just had two 23-hour fails on it, I can't spare the time it would take to make one fairy ferret no less this 24-hour guy.

Good luck to everyone trying! I hope to join you in trying soon!

Bambamstad
11-10-14, 01:57 PM
Like to start trying for this one too, but I am also focussing on the bansheep.

After that I am going to start with the toucan, and hopefully one of the fails will be the sea horse..

readysetgo888
11-10-14, 02:20 PM
It's a lot more than a couple of tries for some players. Other players are lucky to get it like third or fourth try. I'm close to my twenty time trying for toucan. :mad:

It's got the same odds as the unicorn... out of all the times you put four elements together, how often did you get a unicorn? 20 times really isn't that many.

You might want to take a break and try breeding for something else that you don't have for a while. This helps some people.

And remember it's just one animal... the game is still plenty fun even if you never get it.

BiggerBubbles
11-10-14, 03:36 PM
Ok, me again. Definitely is a toucan, 24 hr timer. Have no idea how to post a screenshot. It does worry me that people are not trusting of what people say on here. This may be only my 26th post, however I have been an avid reader of the forums since I started playing Castle Story in October 12. Not everyone posts all the time. Although I am missing quite a few animals, probably due to relying entirely on breeding, I have been very lucky in FFS. But it can take a lot of attempts to get something. In CS it took me 200 adventures, all noted to get my first Alicorn. I now have 8 courtesy of the game. Just keep trying and I'm sure you'll all get one, toucan that is! Good luck, Kiwi

readysetgo888
11-10-14, 03:43 PM
Ok, me again. Definitely is a toucan, 24 hr timer. Have no idea how to post a screenshot. It does worry me that people are not trusting of what people say on here. This may be only my 26th post, however I have been an avid reader of the forums since I started playing Castle Story in October 12. Not everyone posts all the time. Although I am missing quite a few animals, probably due to relying entirely on breeding, I have been very lucky in FFS. But it can take a lot of attempts to get something. In CS it took me 200 adventures, all noted to get my first Alicorn. I now have 8 courtesy of the game. Just keep trying and I'm sure you'll all get one, toucan that is! Good luck, Kiwi

If you're on Iphone, screenshot is the home button and lock button pressed at the same time. Then you can email the screenshot to yourself and upload it here....

Although I agree with you and everyone else. It was fairly obvious from the riddle that ocean owl and vinotaur made sense and MULTIPLE people have confirmed it now. I don't personally think a screenshot is necessary but it would make people happy to see it, so there you go!

zenobia42
11-10-14, 03:43 PM

Congrats on the toucan - I'm happy for you! If you want to take a screenshot, hold down your home button and the on/off button on your iDevice at the same time. But there is no need unless you want to. I like posting screenshots. :)

And congrats, too, on that alicorn! the only animal I've ever gotten from a CS adventure was one sheep. But I've only been playing that since this March.

ETA: readysetgo888, your name is apropos - you were faster than I in replying!

BiggerBubbles
11-10-14, 03:59 PM
Hi, everyone. I know exactly how to take a screenshot on my ipad, just didn't know how to post it! Still not sure. Was looking for something like an 'insert picture' icon. Might be handy to know in future.

Also, Zenobia42, don't hope for an Alicorn, from an adv, you had to be playing in Feb 13, but congrats on the sheep, they cost gems and you will need lots of wool. Back to trying for something else.

readysetgo888
11-10-14, 04:00 PM
In the reply box, it's the third button from the right that has a tree on it. (Insert Image). Click and browse for the photo on your computer, after you've taken it and emailed it to yourself and saved it on your hard drive.

Or don't... I believe you anyway lol.

BiggerBubbles
11-10-14, 04:15 PM
Thankyou so much, have no intention of posting now, but very pleased to know what to do in future.

Will screenshot your reply so it is saved to my camera roll for later use! ������

EviBrooklyn
11-10-14, 04:19 PM
So what is the exact count of people that claimed they got it through breeding it? Is it 2,3 or more?

MelodicStars
11-10-14, 05:26 PM
I've seen a few comments saying that the people who say they need a picture or "proof" (including me) are being rash for not trusting the people who say they got the toucan with the combo. I mean I get where they're getting that, but let me make things clear: IT IS NOT TO OFFEND ANYBODY.

Some people are unsure and feel like they need to see something with their own eyes to believe something. A picture is just to reassure those kinds of people. It's not saying that they don't trust you or they think you're lying. If you want to believe something, go ahead, there's no one stopping you. But with the toucan being a ultra rare animal, don't you think it would be a bit hard to believe someone if they just "said" they got it? Of course, if you actually bred it, that's great! Really, congrats :) I wish I had your luck. But that's just me and how I trust things.

Sorry about my rant there. I've also seen someone post that the toucan has the same breeding percentage as the unicorn, both being ultra rares. I can't confirm it, but if that's the case, I feel as if the toucan will take me very long to breed. However, I did get the unicorn very early in the game (around level 16) and maybe that's what's making me unsure about my luck with breeding a toucan so quickly.

EviBrooklyn
11-10-14, 05:41 PM
I got my unicorn very late in the game. Many of us did. I don't think the odds are the same as the unicorn. I think they are way way lower than that. Either that or we all are breeding the wrong critters here. There's a slight chance that vinotur & ocean owl are not even the parents. These are just my doubts as this is the only new animal we are unable to get a screen shot of the 24 hours breeding in anyone's den.

zenobia42
11-10-14, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry if I said anything to offend anyone who wanted to see a screenshot, or anyone who felt their integrity was being questioned. I understand both POV's and that it is all a misunderstanding. I think I tried to lend support to people on both "sides" earlier but my posts are gone lol, which is probably for the better. Anyway, sorry if my lame attempts at peacemaking come across as anything but that, and/or are unwanted. It's a fault of mine - I feel compelled to try to help when I see people upset or offended, even if they don't want my help. I try to express my empathy with those who feel slighted but then it probably sounds like I'm taking one "side" or the other just by empathizing. So, apologies from me if I made anything worse not better. I'm going to stick to the topic of this thread going forward.

Anyway, what I REALLY want is for everyone to successfully breed this flappy flappy! (Who came up with that term way back in the beginning of the thread? I love it!)

buttmarb
11-10-14, 07:49 PM
I can Confirm 100% that Vinatour x Ocean Owl produces the toucan!!!!! I bred mine 2 days ago using this combo, i used gems to speed up some of the breeding/hatching and most of the evolving (its 36hrs!!!) he's now at level 7.

What I would like to know is if we can for sure have 2 of them!!!??? I dont want to try breeding for a second one only to find that we cant have 2.

Can anyone please confirm this for me??
Thank you

buttmarb
11-10-14, 07:54 PM
I can Confirm 100% that Vinatour x Ocean Owl produces the toucan!!!!! I bred mine 2 days ago using this combo, i used gems to speed up some of the breeding/hatching and most of the evolving (its 36hrs!!!) he's now at level 7.

What I would like to know is if we can for sure have 2 of them!!!??? I dont want to try breeding for a second one only to find that we cant have 2.

Thank you

Heres a pic of mine lv 7 using vinatourxocean owl breeding!

zenobia42
11-10-14, 07:56 PM

Thank you

It has been confirmed that it is possible to have 2 of them... But AFAIK, not that you can breed 2 of them. That is to say, I can only recall that someone bought 1 + bred 1. But hopefully someone will correct me and confirm 2 can be bred.

VenomDragon1
11-10-14, 08:20 PM

Thank you

Is it still in your market like normal or is it grayed out and say "Limit Reached"?

Not sure if it's the same in FFS as in DS but in DS when there is a limit on how many you can have (gold types) it will say in the market "Limit Reached!" when you can have no more.

MelodicStars
11-10-14, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry if I said anything to offend anyone who wanted to see a screenshot, or anyone who felt their integrity was being questioned. I understand both POV's and that it is all a misunderstanding. I think I tried to lend support to people on both "sides" earlier but my posts are gone lol, which is probably for the better. Anyway, sorry if my lame attempts at peacemaking come across as anything but that, and/or are unwanted. It's a fault of mine - I feel compelled to try to help when I see people upset or offended, even if they don't want my help. I try to express my empathy with those who feel slighted but then it probably sounds like I'm taking one "side" or the other just by empathizing. So, apologies from me if I made anything worse not better. I'm going to stick to the topic of this thread going forward.

Anyway, what I REALLY want is for everyone to successfully breed this flappy flappy! (Who came up with that term way back in the beginning of the thread? I love it!)
Don't worry zenobia, it's not you I was talking about. And I've never seen a comment from you talking about it either. Just keep doing what you're doing (helping when people are upset or offended) I assure you that is something I wish I could do :P

I'll also move on and continue to focus on the treasure toucan. I've said what I wanted to and that's all.

infinitelove19
11-10-14, 11:21 PM
On one of my accounts I don't have either ocean owl OR vinotaur, but I am onto breeding my NINTH ocean otter.
I also fluked out and bred a sea horse immediately after it was released, but ocean owl is nowhere to be seen, let alone toucan! Aaargh! Sympathies to all struggling!!

As for multiple toucans, I saw two on somebody's island, but I would guess that you can breed as many of them as you have patience for, whether one, two or ten. HOWEVER, I *think* the problem would come in when you go to buy a treasure trove & you would have no place to house them, beyond the two allowed. Can somebody who has two tell us if they can buy another habitat?

Another thing I wonder about is if another treasure animal comes out, would the limit still be two, or would they raise the limit? I doubt the limit would be raised until a third came out... it would be silly not to allow us one of each. Of course, I am totally speculating here!!!

challenger72
11-11-14, 12:49 AM

Hope the pic posted correctly. Pic of ocean owl and vinotaur in den with just under 24 hrs.

challenger72
11-11-14, 12:51 AM
Oops...guess I didn't! Sorry it is upside down.

A2TUDE
11-11-14, 01:49 AM
i bought mine im in the middle of raising it to level 15 currently at level 13 and i gotta say it takes loads of apples i have two more feeding seasons to get to level 14 and it cost 5200 apples each feed lol

and at same time im trying to breed another so far no luck but ill still try till it vanishes from the market

EviBrooklyn
11-11-14, 05:27 AM

Hope the pic posted correctly. Pic of ocean owl and vinotaur in den with just under 24 hrs.

Omg, thank you for posting this.
So helpful on building our confidence a bit bc I had lost all hopes on this combo.
Congratulations !!!

EviBrooklyn
11-11-14, 05:28 AM
Oops...guess I didn't! Sorry it is upside down.

That's fine. We can still see it. Thanks again

MelodicStars
11-11-14, 09:05 AM

Wow! Finally! Someone posted the photo we've all been waiting for. Massive thanks and congratulations!

finnth12
11-11-14, 10:47 AM
Trying for this one since it's breedable and got sea horse as fail, yay I don't have that yet.

jim23cash
11-11-14, 11:49 AM

THIS IS POST #315! (If you click on the attachment links, you can see the photos)
It has a picture of the egg on the nest with a timer showing about a quarter gone and almost 18 hours left, that's a total of 24 hours. I posted my total results earlier. I also attached a picture showing both habitats, one still under construction with just over 17 hours left. This is to show you CAN HAVE TWO HABITATS AND TOUCANS.
I am stunned that you didn't believe me or any of the other posters, when we SAID we had it, but I am even more stunned that you seem to have either ignored or disbelieved my post EVEN WITH PICTURES!
I know people can be mean on the forums sometimes, but that poor person who posted the correct combo first was a FIRST TIME POSTER, and she was so upset by being disbelieved, she said she would never post here again! What kind of treatment is that? Put yourself into our shoes for a moment, and think how it would make you feel to have others on the forum post that they don't believe you. Over and over again. Made me feel pretty bad.

EviBrooklyn
11-11-14, 12:33 PM
THIS IS POST #315! (If you click on the attachment links, you can see the photos)
It has a picture of the egg on the nest with a timer showing about a quarter gone and almost 18 hours left, that's a total of 24 hours. I posted my total results earlier. I also attached a picture showing both habitats, one still under construction with just over 17 hours left. This is to show you CAN HAVE TWO HABITATS AND TOUCANS.
I am stunned that you didn't believe me or any of the other posters, when we SAID we had it, but I am even more stunned that you seem to have either ignored or disbelieved my post EVEN WITH PICTURES!
I know people can be mean on the forums sometimes, but that poor person who posted the correct combo first was a FIRST TIME POSTER, and she was so upset by being disbelieved, she said she would never post here again! What kind of treatment is that? Put yourself into our shoes for a moment, and think how it would make you feel to have others on the forum post that they don't believe you. Over and over again. Made me feel pretty bad.

Annie,
You shouldn't take this personally.
I bred the vinotur and ocean owl right away when the first person posted that combo in here. I sped the breeding many times but then I stopped and here is why:
I did not achieve the results desired.
I saw the person was new in the forum so we didn't know her/his credibility
That same person said " her neighbor told Her/him about this combo. That was odd since in FF you can't talk to your neighbor.
The latter made many of us doubt her/his credibility.
Then a few people claimed to have bred it, so most of us went back to breeding ocean owl and vinotur.
You know, every time we get a new super rare, or ultra, way more people have been able to breed it than in this case. So someone always got to post a photo. Toucan is a complete different critter, one we never had before and produces gems. Many claimed ( myself included), that they bought it. I never saw so many people buy a critter in the shop. This was my first buy.
So, if you take everything I said above, you'll understand why we were sceptical and why getting a pic of a 24 hour breeding showing in the den, ( not hatching ) was so important to many of us.
So, if our skepticism has offended you and others, we apologize ( many has already done), but you can't try to make us feel guilty for being sceptical about it. Many of us were breeding vinotur and ocean owl based on you guys, so somehow we did trust you. But in situations like this, skepticism is always good.
Again, we do appreciate all the info you guys submitted in this forum.
Hope this will help you to understand that we're not mean, just skeptical

MelodicStars
11-11-14, 01:10 PM
I apologize if any of us made you and others who claimed to have bred it feel bad. Like I've mentioned before, it's not saying we don't trust you or what you say, it's just some people need reassurance or proof to believe something. It doesn't mean that just because we don't believe you, you should stop posting on the forum altogether. Please don't take this offensively. You're free to post what you like and whether others or with you or against you, believes you or doesn't, it shouldn't stop you from posting what you want.

I also meant putting a pic of the owl and Vinotaur in the breeding den with the 24 hour timer, not just the egg. However, we've already gotten a photo from someone who posted exactly that (and still GREATLY thankful as well) so let's just move on now.

You can even ask the first time poster to come back and join the forums. It's not like anybody hates her or despise her. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to. But I hope she knows that she's still welcome anytime.

inespay
11-11-14, 04:58 PM
I have had it from day 1 and I still haven't harvested any gems...

kooky panda
11-11-14, 05:01 PM
Sometimes players may take offense to things that are said, but I think everyone has apologized , so lets keep the posts on the update. If you feel you need to discuss this more, please private message each other. Also in the future, if you do take offense to another members post, please do not respond on the thread (see forum rules) (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies). You can report the post to a community manager or moderator.

Thanks!

MaMaof91974
11-12-14, 01:18 AM
Does this mean that we breed the ocean owl and the Vinotaur together to get this toucan?I have been trying this combo for 3 days and still nothing----:(

A2TUDE
11-12-14, 04:24 AM
Ok has anyone got gems yet I havent I was just wondering maybe it's to early??

my607
11-12-14, 05:19 AM
Does this mean that we breed the ocean owl and the Vinotaur together to get this toucan?I have been trying this combo for 3 days and still nothing----:(

It's ultra rare so it does take time to get it. But some people have good luck they get it on their third try. You could take a break from toucan and breed something else

EviBrooklyn
11-12-14, 05:32 AM
Ok has anyone got gems yet I havent I was just wondering maybe it's to early??

I got my first yesterday morning

igames4me
11-12-14, 06:27 AM
Can't believe it I actuall bred this on my second attempt this morning on my other acct.

Has anybody gotten it with any other combo than ocean owl and vinotaur? On this acct I'm missing ocean owl.

my607
11-12-14, 06:37 AM
Can't believe it I actuall bred this on my second attempt this morning on my other acct.

Has anybody gotten it with any other combo than ocean owl and vinotaur? On this acct I'm missing ocean owl.

The only combo is ocean owl and vinotaur

igames4me
11-12-14, 06:40 AM

Thanks

A2TUDE
11-12-14, 06:40 AM
Kooky please help is it possible to have a timer on our island to indercate when gems coming I still haven't got mine :(

hugpete
11-12-14, 11:09 AM

The only combo we know about. Could be other combos.

jim23cash
11-12-14, 01:16 PM
Kooky please help is it possible to have a timer on our island to indercate when gems coming I still haven't got mine :(

I think when you do things like evolving it, the timer resets. So if you have evolved it to 10, start your timer from then. When there are gems to collect, a floating coin or gem should appear. You might want to verify that it is as many as you expect, so you don't collect too soon, then set a reminder to collect at same time every 3 days. (Because you might get a floating coin when it's 2/3 ready, and only collect 2 gems, when if you waited a little longer it would be 3). It's like the treasure terraces in DS, if you don't collect from them at the right time, you don't maximize the amount you can collect.

bmxdad75
11-12-14, 06:00 PM
Bread this today with a level 10 Ocean Owl and a level 14 Vinator. Went through about 10 other tries before it took. Good luck guys.

EviBrooklyn
11-12-14, 06:23 PM
I think when you do things like evolving it, the timer resets. So if you have evolved it to 10, start your timer from then. When there are gems to collect, a floating coin or gem should appear. You might want to verify that it is as many as you expect, so you don't collect too soon, then set a reminder to collect at same time every 3 days. (Because you might get a floating coin when it's 2/3 ready, and only collect 2 gems, when if you waited a little longer it would be 3). It's like the treasure terraces in DS, if you don't collect from them at the right time, you don't maximize the amount you can collect.

I didn't evolve mine, all I did so feed him. I got a gem yesterday morning. But from yesterday morning to tonight didn't get anything. Hmmm, odd, aren't we suppose to get one every day and 1/2 ?

finnth12
11-12-14, 09:30 PM
I think I got it too.... And OMG the habitat is so expensive my coins only 90.000 ish.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/f27d8b350cabb8eafceb336c30163416_zps455b6a65.jpg

ninasidstorm8
11-12-14, 09:39 PM
Congratulations.

EviBrooklyn
11-12-14, 09:57 PM
I think I got it too.... And OMG the habitat is so expensive my coins only 90.000 ish.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/f27d8b350cabb8eafceb336c30163416_zps455b6a65.jpg

Nice. Congrats

flowless
11-12-14, 10:15 PM
I keep getting Skyger over and over again

saucysammis
11-13-14, 12:30 AM
I've got a couple of turtles now with Vinnie and O Owl

Melis2a84
11-13-14, 01:51 AM
I keep getting Skyger over and over again

I hear you Skyger and aquatters and ferret OMG lol

Crr008
11-13-14, 04:53 AM
I apologize if this has already been asked... Those who have bred the Toucan, did you out the ocean owl first or the viinotaur first, or does it matter? This breeding still confuses me sometimes. Thanks.

my607
11-13-14, 05:09 AM
That's why I took a break but plan to go back breeding toucan soon

cquinn32
11-13-14, 05:38 AM
Congrats to all that are breeding this one!! Been through at least 50 attempts with no luck yet. Not really sure why I'm even trying cause I have nowhere to put a new habitat!! Just had to sell a seahorse off the nest for lack of space.

my607
11-13-14, 06:02 AM
I apologize if this has already been asked... Those who have bred the Toucan, did you out the ocean owl first or the viinotaur first, or does it matter? This breeding still confuses me sometimes. Thanks.

It doesn't matter as long it's owl and vinotaur

zenobia42
11-13-14, 07:53 AM
Congrats, finnth12! Hope you can save up the money for the habitat soon.

I've been trying, but no luck yet. Lots of solar simians (my third of them in the nest right now) which are extra-annoying since I keep hoping each time the 6-hour timer is a Fallaby which I need too. And no Sea Horse fails either, the other possible album hole filler with those elements. But I'm going to switch over to trying for the emerald for a bit. Tourney time with its 1-hour timer is great for 1-hour fails.

my607
11-13-14, 08:38 AM

I've been trying, but no luck yet. Lots of solar simians (my third of them in the nest right now) which are extra-annoying since I keep hoping each time the 6-hour timer is a Fallaby which I need too. And no Sea Horse fails either, the other possible album hole filler with those elements. But I'm going to switch over to trying for the emerald for a bit. Tourney time with its 1-hour timer is great for 1-hour fails.

No luck here getting lots of planther and common animals. Not even a sea horse this will take time for me .

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 08:54 AM
Below is the picture of my 2nd gem from toucan. My question is:
If I collect now, does that mean the clock starts from zero? Do I have to wait a full 3-day cycle to collect the 2 ( my toucan is still at level 9).
Is there anyway to max the gems collection without having to set a reminder? ( I mean, it's bad enough to be obsessed with this game, but having to set a reminder to collect gems from this animal, makes me feel like a complete loser lol).
All ideas are appreciated !!

zenobia42
11-13-14, 09:04 AM
No luck here getting lots of planther and common animals. Not even a sea horse this will take time for me .

Not only did my last 6-hour timer turn out to be my 4th that was NOT a Fallaby, but now I have an 8-hour (aquatter) fail. And like you, no missing Sea Horse either. :/

Yeah, I'm going to switch over to trying for the emerald. This is just getting more and more frustrating and even though 2 of the 10 possible fails would be album hole filling win-fails, I'm getting a whole lot of nothing useful.

Evi, so the gem you are seeing is 1 of your 2 gems you will earn per 3-day period? I am pretty sure that if so, if you collect that one gem, it will not affect the timer. I think the only things that can stop or reset the timer are a) the habitat filling to its capacity stops the timer, and b) putting the animal in the evolution flower resets the timer so that it starts at zero when you put him back in the habitat.

So if your animal is earning 2 gems/3 days, after 1.5 days it earned 1 gem. If you collect say 3 hours after it earned that gem, you still are 3 hours towards him earning the next gem. But that is just theory. You get to be the guinea pig and find out for sure unless somene else already has found out and posts it. :p

jim23cash
11-13-14, 09:24 AM
Evi, so the gem you are seeing is 1 of your 2 gems you will earn per 3-day period? I am pretty sure that if so, if you collect that one gem, it will not affect the timer. I think the only things that can stop or reset the timer are a) the habitat filling to its capacity stops the timer, and b) putting the animal in the evolution flower resets the timer so that it starts at zero when you put him back in the habitat.

So if your animal is earning 2 gems/3 days, after 1.5 days it earned 1 gem. If you collect say 3 hours after it earned that gem, you still are 3 hours towards him earning the next gem. But that is just theory. You get to be the guinea pig and find out for sure unless somene else already has found out and posts it. :p

I don't think it will save the time towards the second gem...in DS, once you collect, you reset the timer, that's why people set their alarms to collect at a certain time. Once you collect, I believe it will start your timer back to zero.
You don't have to set an alarm, but note what time it gives you two gems, and don't collect until you know for sure it's all your gems.
I'm sure we will have more posts and times and charts when people start figuring this out. :D

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 09:29 AM
So what do I do? Leave it there or collect it?
I mean it's difficult not to click on that gem and leave it there for another day and a half.
Can someone from TL explain this to us?

kooky panda
11-13-14, 09:36 AM
Below is the picture of my 2nd gem from toucan. My question is:
If I collect now, does that mean the clock starts from zero? Do I have to wait a full 3-day cycle to collect the 2 ( my toucan is still at level 9).
Is there anyway to max the gems collection without having to set a reminder? ( I mean, it's bad enough to be obsessed with this game, but having to set a reminder to collect gems from this animal, makes me feel like a complete loser lol).
All ideas are appreciated !!

I was not paying attention when clicking around my island, so I was not sure if I had gotten any gems yet. I did check with a community manager who checked my game and
I was told that I had gotten my three gems.
Also I was told that since it accumulates 3 Gems/3 Days, to collect all 3 Gems at once, you can allow it to accumulate for 3 days.
If you collect daily, it'll be 1 Gem each day.

I have also asked about it the timer resets, if used in Battle . I will post when I get more information..

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 10:31 AM
So if I understand this correctly, it doesn't matter when I collect, like Zenobia said the hours will count toward the next gems collection and not reset from the time I collect?
is that right?

zenobia42
11-13-14, 10:36 AM
So if I understand this correctly, it doesn't matter when I collect, like Zenobia said the hours will count toward the next gems collection and not reset from the time I collect?
is that right?

Sounds like I might have been wrong. If collecting resets the timer in DS, chances are it resets the timer here, too. Which is LAME.

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 10:39 AM
And I guess it resets when using toucan in battles. That will explain my delayed 2nd gem. I was wondering why but I did use toucan in battles

ariannagold
11-13-14, 11:16 AM
Here is a quote from the Goal description for breeding the Toucan: "The secret to breeding these valuable birds is closely guarded in a labyrinth. Only the wisest animals can unlock this mystery." Okay, so my thinking is: what animals are considered wise? As wise as an owl. As sly as a fox. So I am breeding an Owl Bear with a Shock Fox. Also the Owl Bear was won in a tournament, which may refer to the labyrinth mentioned in the Goal description. I chose the Shock Fox to breed with, over the Fire Fox, because that combination has four different attributes to it, while if the Fire Fox is used there is only three different attributes and since I have not yet tried to breed for the Crystal Unicorn, which needs a breeding of four different attributes, I decided to go this way.

ariannagold
11-13-14, 11:18 AM
Here is a quote from the Goal description for breeding the Toucan: "The secret to breeding these valuable birds is closely guarded in a labyrinth. Only the wisest animals can unlock this mystery." Okay, so my thinking is: what animals are considered wise? As wise as an owl. As sly as a fox. So I am breeding an Owl Bear with a Shock Fox. Also the Owl Bear was won in a tournament, which may refer to the labyrinth mentioned in the Goal description. I chose the Shock Fox to breed with, over the Fire Fox, because that combination has four different attributes to it, while if the Fire Fox is used there is only three different attributes and since I have not yet tried to breed for the Crystal Unicorn, which needs a breeding of four different attributes, I decided to go this way.

jim23cash
11-13-14, 11:20 AM

So far, the only confirmed pairing is Vinotaur and Ocean Owl, so let us know if you have any luck. 24 hour breeding time. Good Luck! :) Annie

ariannagold
11-13-14, 11:27 AM
Okay, the Vinotaur's description says "become lost in a labyrinth of vines". So there is the labyrinth mention in the Toucan goal. Also the Ocean Owl is a better choice because everyone can get an Ocean Owl while the Owl Bear had to be won in a tournament. So I think I am going to change my breeding to the Vinotaur and Ocean Owl. Thanks.

zenobia42
11-13-14, 11:33 AM
Okay, the Vinotaur's description says "become lost in a labyrinth of vines". So there is the labyrinth mention in the Toucan goal. Also the Ocean Owl is a better choice because everyone can get an Ocean Owl while the Owl Bear had to be won in a tournament. So I think I am going to change my breeding to the Vinotaur and Ocean Owl. Thanks.

Good luck to you! A number of people had success with the Ocean Owl - Vinotaur combo - hopefully you will too.

Crr008
11-13-14, 11:51 AM
It doesn't matter as long it's owl and vinotaur
Thanks for the answer!

igames4me
11-13-14, 12:15 PM
Now trying for this in this acct since I finally bred an ocean owl. Actually 2 in a row. Nice since I had 0.
Hope I get lucky and get it in a couple tries

bmxdad75
11-13-14, 02:35 PM
I got it yesterday with Vinator and ocean owl I told my wife and then she also got it with the same combo. 2 in one day. Wo woop.

kooky panda
11-13-14, 03:16 PM
is that right?

It's 1 Gem per day. The "day" cycle in the games is 22 hrs instead of a regular 24. When you collect, 1 Gem you'll need to wait for it to accumulate again.

Using him in battle doesn't reset your timer.

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 03:25 PM
It's 1 Gem per day. The "day" cycle in the games is 22 hrs instead of a regular 24. When you collect, 1 Gem you'll need to wait for it to accumulate again.

Using him in battle doesn't reset your timer.

Thanks

Galadraal
11-13-14, 07:15 PM
I got it yesterday with Vinator and ocean owl I told my wife and then she also got it with the same combo. 2 in one day. Wo woop.

Wow! congrats to you and your wife! so awesome :-)

Galadraal
11-13-14, 07:24 PM
So what do I do? Leave it there or collect it?
I mean it's difficult not to click on that gem and leave it there for another day and a half.
Can someone from TL explain this to us?,

I agree, it seems I've lost gems because I see the collect symbol and click on it but only get one gem. I've been screwed is DS as well because I can't be bothered to set a timer and the collection icon comes up when there are only four gems :-( The other habitats don't penalize you for collecting before it's full. it isn't right the gems habitats penalize you. I usually collect before I close the game down and also when I'm trying to collect enough for expansions or something

Crr008
11-13-14, 07:25 PM
Bmxdad75, that's one productive day! Congrats.

Aernak
11-13-14, 07:39 PM

Wow gratz! I have been trying nonstop for days with no luck yet.

dumbpluff
11-13-14, 07:52 PM
i got it just now omg. i was just trying to get to something that wasn't a fairy ferret-- a fallaby or a sea horse or something six hour.

now i have that thing sitting in the breeding garden and i haven't bought the habitat yet. oh man. @ A @;

(it's funny now because i have a ferret in the nest and then the 24-hour toucan behind it. i guess i can get started on hatching some of those battleground and tournament animals now.)

infinitelove19
11-13-14, 08:01 PM

I agree, it seems I've lost gems because I see the collect symbol and click on it but only get one gem. I've been screwed is DS as well because I can't be bothered to set a timer and the collection icon comes up when there are only four gems :-( The other habitats don't penalize you for collecting before it's full. it isn't right the gems habitats penalize you. I usually collect before I close the game down and also when I'm trying to collect enough for expansions or something

Unless you wait an awfully long time, you will only get one gem at a time. My Toucan is at level 4, so it receives 2 gems every 3 days, that is one gem every 36 hours. This said, I do not know how they've programmed it. For instance if you collect at 36 hours on the dot, it doesn't matter, but if you collect after 40 hours, do you still get the 4 hours 'credit' towards another gem, or not? For myself, given my penchant for clearing habitats, I will collect whenever I can and if I 'lose' an hour or two here or there, so be it. Better than trying to wait it out and collecting one gem right before getting credit for a second, or halfway through earning a second, or whatever. If someone really wants to maximize their gem intake and can resist collecting, the best thing to do is collect only once every 3 days and to set an alarm to collect, but I doubt this will be worthwhile to most.

I still haven't bred this on my second account and on my third account I am still trying for ocean owl AND Vinotaur with absolutely no luck! So it goes....

EviBrooklyn
11-13-14, 08:23 PM
i got it just now omg. i was just trying to get to something that wasn't a fairy ferret-- a fallaby or a sea horse or something six hour.

now i have that thing sitting in the breeding garden and i haven't bought the habitat yet. oh man. @ A @;

(it's funny now because i have a ferret in the nest and then the 24-hour toucan behind it. i guess i can get started on hatching some of those battleground and tournament animals now.)

Oh wow there's hope out there.
Big congrats !!

saucysammis
11-14-14, 08:59 AM

Ha HA! I just got here with the same story! (Other than that I've been admiring the empty habitat next to my breeding grounds for a few days now)Congrats to you! I was so excited to get a 24 hr breed and post about it I didn't think about the ferret in the nest at all. I too will now get to hatch a few babies in storage.

That's a really creepy sentence I just wrote.

saucysammis
11-14-14, 09:41 AM

I have seen this answered as "it doesn't matter," and I agree, it probably doesn't. But- For what it's worth, my success experience was after a switch up in choice order.

Every time I tried I chose the vinotaur first just out of seeing him first when going down the list. Fail fail fail and more fail. (Did get 3 needed animals tho) This time I put in the effort of choosing Ocean Owl first and I did get the 24 hr timer.

Don't know if it has made a difference for anyone else, but I was back pedaling through the forum and saw your question and realized that it looked for results relating to exactly what I had done.

Now to stockpile food.........

my607
11-14-14, 10:14 AM
I have seen this answered as it doesn't matter, and it probably doesn't. But- For what it's worth, my success experience was after a switch up in choice order.

Every time I tried I chose the vinotaur first just out of seeing him first when going down the list. Fail fail fail and more fail. (Did get 3 needed animals tho) This time I put in the effort of choosing Ocean Owl first and I did get the 24 hr timer.

Don't know if it has made a difference for anyone else, but I was back pedaling through the forum and saw your question and realized that it looked for results relating to exactly what I had done.

Congrats! I have been having a hard time with this. I have end up with mostly commons more turtisle than what you imagine. I did get an Aquatter. I hope soon to get the toucan so frustrating.

RLrox
11-14-14, 11:34 AM
Yay,got 24hr breed today after a whole lotta turtles,ferrets,otters... Woopwoop! And,can finally stick my yak o lantern in the nest. Now...what's the betting that bansheep suddenly goes limited now? Lol

zenobia42
11-14-14, 11:45 AM
Congrats, RLox!
Other than a half-day span yesterday when I was try for emerald, I've been trying and trying for this guy. No toucan for me yet, nor either of the 2 toucan fails that would fill holes in my album. :( Four times I've gotten a 6-hour timer teasing me with the thought I might get a Fallaby but all were dup Sol Simians I had to sell. Now I miss the fairy ferrets and simians I was getting earlier. All my fails lately have been 7-8 hours.

finnth12
11-14-14, 01:05 PM
Congratulations.

Thank you

Nice. Congrats

And thank you

I used ocean owl first and vinatour second. If that's help.

Thanks Zen! I wish you luck too, been reading your post and it's very helpful on battling. I managed to buy the habitat in 2 days. Thanks to all visitors and neighbors too.

RLrox
11-14-14, 01:56 PM
Congrats, RLox!
Other than a half-day span yesterday when I was try for emerald, I've been trying and trying for this guy. No toucan for me yet, nor either of the 2 toucan fails that would fill holes in my album. :( Four times I've gotten a 6-hour timer teasing me with the thought I might get a Fallaby but all were dup Sol Simians I had to sell. Now I miss the fairy ferrets and simians I was getting earlier. All my fails lately have been 7-8 hours.

Thank you!
I also had a break trying for the bansheep and got the elephantom again..pfft to 16 hr fail! I was a bit reluctant to keep plugging for the toucan in the middle of a tourney,tbh, as my vinotaur is one of my higher level critters but thought 'what the hey, will have another go' and hit jackpot this time! Btw,thank you for your tourney tips,always very helpful :)

Aernak
11-14-14, 07:45 PM
No toucan here yet, but I have enjoyed trying for this one! Got a Sea horse and a Jackalope while trying this week - needed both! :)

hugpete
11-14-14, 10:07 PM
I have seen this answered as "it doesn't matter," and I agree, it probably doesn't. But- For what it's worth, my success experience

I've tried both ways. Placement really shouldn't matter. No 24 hr timer for me yet though I did get a fallaby and a sea horse, and a ton of fails.

Petasos
11-14-14, 10:34 PM
Eats 30k (5x6k) food to go to lvl 15 from lvl 14. Sorry if that has already been noted.

flowless
11-14-14, 10:51 PM
I don't know is I should give up on this one yet
I tried since it came
Not even the new animals

I hate skyger with a passion

saucysammis
11-14-14, 11:22 PM
Eats 30k (5x6k) food to go to lvl 15 from lvl 14. Sorry if that has already been noted.

I am stockpiling food and coins for food just for this guy

flowless
11-15-14, 07:31 AM
What do u think guys
Shall I continue breeding and trying this one
Or shall I try to have the soon to be limited animals
I wish I knew when they are planing for them to be limited

my607
11-15-14, 07:59 AM
What do u think guys

If I can't get that animal then I breed something else and later come back not it. It's annoying getting those commons that I hate.

flowless
11-15-14, 08:12 AM
If I can't get that animal then I breed something else and later come back not it. It's annoying getting those commons that I hate.

Am more worried about these fall animals going limited while am trying for this one
Hate the repeated fails but at least they Kindda short
Hated kowala fails so much trying for bansheep

inespay
11-15-14, 08:34 AM
Is it possible that feeding him and bringing him to another level does reset the timer?

cquinn32
11-15-14, 11:26 AM
Yes!!! Finally got my 24hr timer!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/7078373b10d515b452856107c7bdd5fb_zpsa49ffb41.jpg
Now for the even harder task of trying to find a spot for the habitat lol

EviBrooklyn
11-15-14, 11:39 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/7078373b10d515b452856107c7bdd5fb_zpsa49ffb41.jpg

Congrats cquinn

EviBrooklyn
11-15-14, 11:42 AM
What do u think guys

I don't think toucan is limited though would love to hear confirmation from mods on this.
I would go for the ones that are limited, once you get the limited ones then you go back to this one. Just an opinion :-)

Sylvrthrne
11-15-14, 12:43 PM

I'm still working on breeding ocean owl, lol. How many tries did it take you?

jim23cash
11-15-14, 12:51 PM
Is it possible that feeding him and bringing him to another level does reset the timer?

I'm not positive about just feeding, but I know evolving resets the timer.

cquinn32
11-15-14, 01:24 PM
I'm still working on breeding ocean owl, lol. How many tries did it take you?
At least 50 tries!! Good luck!!

And thank you Evi :)

jim23cash
11-15-14, 01:58 PM
Am more worried about these fall animals going limited while am trying for this one
Hate the repeated fails but at least they Kindda short
Hated kowala fails so much trying for bansheep

I think you should treat Toucan like a diamond in DS. Try for others as released, and in between, try for Toucan. Or if you get tired of trying the same combos for one of the other new ones, throw those two in for a round. I've gotten rare ones like that before. That's just my advice, you just have to decide what you want more... Good Luck! :) Annie

viramisu
11-15-14, 11:21 PM
50 tries? With new animal coming every week is that possible to do without gem to speed up? Im only 5 tries and now trying orher breed for new panda. Well, still long way to go for me :(

flowless
11-16-14, 03:16 AM

Yah thanx I changed my breeding now
I just felt bad abbanding breeding for last 6 days

inespay
11-16-14, 04:45 AM
I don't even have the ocean owl nor the vinotaur :( bad luck in super and gem animals :(

Lisa0107
11-16-14, 07:44 AM
I'm taking a break from this to work on the pumpkin panda before he goes limited....but I did get a sea horse while trying and I need him so woo hoo! I did not even realize what I had...almost sold him...thougth the egg was a turtisle...when he came I hit sell and when it asked for the confirm of selling for 100 coins I realized what it was and canceled the sale! LOL I would have been so upset it I had sold him. Good Luck to all....

my607
11-16-14, 12:57 PM
Someone asked if we are allowed to have two toucan. I just went to a community forest and they have two treasure toucan

finnth12
11-16-14, 01:10 PM

Congrats!

finnth12
11-16-14, 01:13 PM
Guys keep trying don't give up. I got another one on my different account, never got sea horse as fail on this one. Breeding combo still using ocean owl first and vinatour second. Good luck all.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/d6eb37ccd5edc9d232ebb748f10ad09b_zpse8bad271.jpg

I don't know if time is matter, but I bred both of them at almost the same time( not the same day) which was around midnight.

Hawksmoor
11-16-14, 01:33 PM
Guys keep trying don't give up. I got another one on my different account, never got sea horse as fail on this one. Breeding combo still using ocean owl first and vinatour second. Good luck all.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/d6eb37ccd5edc9d232ebb748f10ad09b_zpse8bad271.jpg

I don't know if time is matter, but I bred both of them at almost the same time( not the same day) which was around midnight.

Congrats! I've taken a break from this one, I've had so many fails it's been really discouraging. But, I just bred a Pumpkin Panda so I guess that's a good enough consolation prize for now! :-)

Hawksmoor
11-16-14, 02:05 PM
Where in the description of the Toucan did it mention wise animals and the labyrinth again?

finnth12
11-16-14, 02:05 PM
Congrats! I've taken a break from this one, I've had so many fails it's been really discouraging. But, I just bred a Pumpkin Panda so I guess that's a good enough consolation prize for now! :-)

Thanks, yeah, you just have to keep trying, it'll show up when you aren't expected at all. And congrats on your pumpkin panda, I'm going to try that too after done with collecting money for habitat.

TokiChunsa
11-16-14, 03:40 PM
Where in the description of the Toucan did it mention wise animals and the labyrinth again?

It's a goal. It should have popped up after the Toucan appeared in the market. Didn't it pop up for you?

Hawksmoor
11-16-14, 03:45 PM
It's a goal. It should have popped up after the Toucan appeared in the market. Didn't it pop up for you?

I do have the goal, Fortune Finders right? Maybe that description only showed when the goal was first displayed? I was just wondering if maybe the description changed after the last update. Ok, thanks!

inespay
11-16-14, 04:12 PM
Can we breed the toucan without the ocean owl or vinotaur if we use animals with same elements?

Hawksmoor
11-16-14, 04:24 PM
Can we breed the toucan without the ocean owl or vinotaur if we use animals with same elements?

So far (from what I've seen), anyone who has bred it has used ocean owl and Vinotaur. There may be other combos that work, but they haven't been discovered yet ;-)

UneCerise_ledessert
11-18-14, 11:57 AM
Finally! 24hrs. Timer:eek: Thanks TL. Got this with OceanOwl and Vinotaur. It took me less than a week with no speed breeding, (I usually don't speed breed. I save my Gems for speeding the battle :o ) So that's a good news. Without speed breeding, I usually wait 2 wks. to a month here in FFS and 1 month to 2months1/2 in DRagon Story. So not bad TL.:o

zenobia42
11-18-14, 12:48 PM
Congrats, UneCerise_ledessert!!!

viridium
11-18-14, 12:52 PM
In my german version they write that the Toucan is super rare ,but most Pages are saying that it is an ultra rare to breed.
Is this change true or only a small translation bug?
I tried it some times I only get the new cute flying Bear in orange colours .

UneCerise_ledessert
11-18-14, 02:15 PM
Congrats, UneCerise_ledessert!!!

Thank you :), and congrats as well!

UneCerise_ledessert
11-18-14, 02:27 PM
In my german version they write that the Toucan is super rare ,but most Pages are saying that it is an ultra rare to breed.
Is this change true or only a small translation bug?
I tried it some times I only get the new cute flying Bear in orange colours .

Here in Cali US, it says ULTRA RARE - See? 16764 If yours doesn't say it like that, then contact your Team Lava support

SANDSCApe
11-18-14, 07:50 PM

The breeding clues don't appear in the animal description; only in the temporary pop-up that introduced the goal. See below:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsff3bfaa3.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsff3bfaa3.jpg.html)

I dunno. This one is more about the clues and less about the elements. Do you have a Water-Nature-Fire combo that can answer the breeding riddle? Only Vinotaur seems to match the labyrinth clue, although more than one may fit the clue of the wisest animals.

esmeetje1990
11-19-14, 09:51 AM
I just bred one, also using Vinotaur and Ocean Owl. Got it after a few days only! :) Good luck for those still trying!

Petasos
11-19-14, 08:57 PM
Level 15 version of the flappy flappy...

LadyEna
11-20-14, 11:32 AM
I'm just wondering if this is exclusive to ones who have already succeeded in breeding a Unicorn? I have yet to be successful at either. BooHoo! Not gonna stop me from trying though.

the_harlequin
11-21-14, 12:13 AM
I'm just wondering if this is exclusive to ones who have already succeeded in breeding a Unicorn? I have yet to be successful at either. BooHoo! Not gonna stop me from trying though.

I think that has no effect if you have an Unicorn or not. I am also trying since many days to get the Toucan but no luck so far....and I own the Unicorn.

xxShxx
11-21-14, 08:28 AM
Bread this today with a level 10 Ocean Owl and a level 14 Vinator. Went through about 10 other tries before it took. Good luck guys.

Both my Ocean Owl and my Vinotaur are level 7 - does anybody know if those levels matter in my attempts to breed the Toucan?

Bambamstad
11-21-14, 08:38 AM
Both my Ocean Owl and my Vinotaur are level 7 - does anybody know if those levels matter in my attempts to breed the Toucan?

Level doesn't matter. It is just luck and the right combo.

xxShxx
11-21-14, 09:49 AM
Level doesn't matter. It is just luck and the right combo.

Well thats good to know, since I'm already 8 or 9 tries into it. :rolleyes:

kbli7355
11-22-14, 08:35 PM
Oh my god... Just got a 24hr timer on my secondary account by breeding Vinotaur and Ocean Owl!! On my forth try!! What the heck? I couldn't even get an ocean owl on my main account!! I don't know what my emotion is right now, but I feel so weird... Then my theory that my secondary account is luckier than my main account is true?? Wow... What a shock...
I'm going to try for Crystal Unicorn after I reach level 15 in my secondary account, just watch my results...
My secondary account id is 84966382, currently level 12, feel free to add it!
Just seriously, is there any other case that the secondary account is luckier than main account?!
Then I just put four elements in my den in my main account, no luck still... I wish I could trade that toucan in my secondary account with my main account... Along with the ocean owl and the fallaby I got on the first try for toucan...

my607
11-22-14, 08:46 PM
Congrats! I got so tired of turtisle so I had to take a break from the toucan and the skyger. Commons are so annoying.

flowless
11-22-14, 09:26 PM
Oh my god... Just got a 24hr timer on my secondary account by breeding Vinotaur and Ocean Owl!! On my forth try!! What the heck? I couldn't even get an ocean owl on my main account!! I don't know what my emotion is right now, but I feel so weird... Then my theory that my secondary account is luckier than my main account is true?? Wow... What a shock...
I'm going to try for Crystal Unicorn after I reach level 15 in my secondary account, just watch my results...
My secondary account id is 84966382, currently level 12, feel free to add it!
Just seriously, is there any other case that the secondary account is luckier than main account?!
Then I just put four elements in my den in my main account, no luck still... I wish I could trade that toucan in my secondary account with my main account... Along with the ocean owl and the fallaby I got on the first try for toucan...

My theory is that your odds are better when u just start playing then later

Maybe the encourage young players to continue playing

kbli7355
11-23-14, 07:41 AM
My theory is that your odds are better when u just start playing then later

Maybe the encourage young players to continue playing
That must be true. But what kind of scheme is this?! I feel like being *****ed. And I'm not getting new creatures in my main account for a while now, every time I put four elements in my den hoping for a 45 hour timer but it gives me either 12 hrs or 14 hrs. The fails are getting too long. And I just got a TREASURE TOUCAN in my freaking secondary account which I can't even afford its habitat. Why can't I get the luck for unicorn in my main account?! And why are the fails so freaking long?!
I'm sorry flowless I just lost my mind and started complaining...hopefully my luck will eventually come and it's going to be in my MAIN account...

kbli7355
11-23-14, 07:45 AM
Well, I might buy a toucan some time in the future...I'm probably not going to get it on my fourth try in my main account...

my607
11-23-14, 09:09 AM
I have been trying for the toucan on and off cuz it's annoying when you get so many skygers . It's just annoying so had to take a break. I didn't even get a sea horse for a fail so that stinks. Some people have better luck than me they get like four unicorn, three Emerald and ruby razorback. This game isn't fun anymore.

sanya87
11-23-14, 03:15 PM
I just got 24 hours in my breeding den! Couldn't believe my eyes! I better start to save all that food and build a new habitat :D

my607
11-23-14, 03:46 PM
I just got 24 hours in my breeding den! Couldn't believe my eyes! I better start to save all that food and build a new habitat :D

Congrats! Did that take many tries?

sanya87
11-23-14, 04:37 PM
Thanks! Not at all, it was my 11th try with vinotaur and ocean owl. I didn't expect it so quickly considering how many fails I had trying for emerald dragon. Which I still didn't get of course! But this one makes up for it a bit :D

my607
11-23-14, 04:40 PM
That's great but for me it's a lot . I got so tired of skygers and turtisle so I took a break from the toucan. I guess I will go back to breeding the toucan.

sanya87
11-23-14, 05:07 PM
I believe you, me too after several fails I decide to try for new earth nature animals and after went back to try for a toucan. And it worked :) So good luck and I hope you will get it soon!

my607
11-23-14, 06:14 PM
I believe you, me too after several fails I decide to try for new earth nature animals and after went back to try for a toucan. And it worked :) So good luck and I hope you will get it soon!

Thanks!

ariannagold
11-23-14, 07:02 PM
I got the Toucan with Ocean Owl at level 13 and Vinotaur at level 12 after only five attempts! (It took me longer to breed a Vinotaur, as I did not have one before this, than it did to breed a Toucan!)

EviBrooklyn
11-23-14, 09:46 PM

Congrats sanya87 and everyone else that got lucky !!

Sumercarefree
11-24-14, 01:04 AM
Oops I don't have a Vinotuar nor do I have an Ocean Owl !
This game is useless for me !
Blah !

A2TUDE
11-24-14, 05:23 AM
.......OMG......

Just got my second toucan:cool:

I got sick of breeding OWL and VINOTAUR

so

I breed TOUCAN and VINOTAUR and got 24hrs first try !!!!!!

Yippppeeee finally

my607
11-24-14, 05:31 AM
The reason I stopped breeding toucan is because I keep getting skygers and turtisles. How is this balance while others get two toucan and I still have none? Others get the toucan like after five tries this game is ridiculous and it's not balance. I can't even get a fallaby or sea horse for a fail this game. I started breeding the toucan again what do I get is two skygers one after another.

A2TUDE
11-24-14, 05:40 AM
The reason I stopped breeding toucan is because I keep getting skygers and turtisles. How is this balance while others get two toucan and I still have none? Others get the toucan like after five tries this game is ridiculous and it's not balance. I can't even get a fallaby or sea horse for a fail this game. I started breeding the toucan again what do I get is two skygers one after another.

I'm sorry to hear but I have tried the first suggestion didn't help so I tried new combo n got first try keep trying Youll defeat skyer and turtle

my607
11-24-14, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear but I have tried the first suggestion didn't help so I tried new combo n got first try keep trying Youll defeat skyer and turtle

That's ok . This game is like some have better luck then others. Oh well, but very frustrating when you can't get what you want.

A2TUDE
11-24-14, 12:58 PM
That's ok . This game is like some have better luck then others. Oh well, but very frustrating when you can't get what you want.

For me it's harder to get rare animals than super rare annoying really

zenobia42
11-24-14, 01:19 PM
I am getting a pretty steady stream of turtisles now in my attempt for this one. They are extra frustrating because every time I think, "maybe this one will finally at least be a fallaby, filling an album hole"... and it never is. :( Still no sea horse either. And no toucan. :( :( :(

I am taking another break from this one and trying to fill a couple of the other 10 missing from my album right now.

my607
11-24-14, 01:27 PM
I am getting a pretty steady stream of turtisles now in my attempt for this one. They are extra frustrating because every time I think, "maybe this one will finally at least be a fallaby, filling an album hole"... and it never is. :( Still no sea horse either. And no toucan. :( :( :(

I'm right there with you. I just started going for toucan after my plantler disaster. So far I got two skygers and now it's six hour so there's three animals. I hope this is a fallaby and no sea horse in sight.

zenobia42
11-24-14, 02:09 PM
Another 6-hour tease, another turtisle in the nest. I gave up.

FigmentValley
11-24-14, 04:59 PM
I find it rather silly - every fail I get, I get twice. Two breedings, one after the other will always be identical. Two tortoise thingies, two vinataurs, two other things. Always the same. Two in a row.

It must be some odd loop.....

my607
11-24-14, 05:03 PM
I find it rather silly - every fail I get, I get twice. Two breedings, one after the other will always be identical. Two tortoise thingies, two vinataurs, two other things. Always the same. Two in a row.

It must be some odd loop.....

Sometimes I get many skygers and then I breed something else.

my607
11-24-14, 06:13 PM
Finally, I got fallaby . I was surprised because it was six hours and I usually get a turtisle. But got a Skyger afterwards . Hopefully, soon I will get a sea horse and toucan. Good luck to everyone still trying.

FigmentValley
11-24-14, 06:36 PM
Yup. This day it was a vinataur this morning and the second one right now. It is always two of the same type in a row. Next breeding it will be something else, with a repeat in the next attempt.

Sigh.

KatiesIslands
11-24-14, 06:43 PM
Me too! Each breeding is a duplicate of the one before! Two fire gliders. Two solar simians. Two daredevils.... Always two in a row. I haven't had a "singleton" in days....

dalexxx
11-25-14, 01:20 AM
24 hrs from vinotaur and ocean owl. Been doing it since release ::3

the_harlequin
11-25-14, 02:03 AM
Been trying nonstop for the Toucan without any luck (Vino lvl 15 + O-Owl lvl 8), so I thought why not evolving the Owl to lvl 10 and there you go - 24hrs on 1st try.

zenobia42
11-25-14, 09:46 AM
Been trying nonstop for the Toucan without any luck (Vino lvl 15 + O-Owl lvl 8), so I thought why not evolving the Owl to lvl 10 and there you go - 24hrs on 1st try.

Wish that worked for everyone! Every single one of my many attempts was with a L15 Vinotaur + L10 Ocean Owl. I may try again some today. Right now I have an annoying 14-hour fail in the den though.

saucysammis
11-26-14, 12:33 AM
Question: I know evolution resets the gem collection timer, but does leveling up also reset the timer? I got my toucan many days ago and haven't seen a gem yet. I keep leveling up, so is that it?

If anyone does have the answer to that it would be great info to add to post #1 in the thread. Thanks

hugpete
11-26-14, 01:31 AM
I'm at around 30 tries and no toucan. Guess I will shoot for the new limited animal for awhile.

Anasarra
11-26-14, 09:11 AM
I've been trying with Vinotaur 10 and Ocean Owl 10 since it first came out.... Lots of tries...getting discouraged so I guess I'm going to try for something else - then come back to Toucan. Sometimes that works!

Lisa0107
11-28-14, 07:26 AM
The toucan is on sale for Black Friday for 400 gems. I broke down and bought him. He's on the nest now. I just could not help it. I regretted not getting him when he first came out on sale so I decided if he went back on sale at some point I would get him. And the gems being 40% off make the decision that much easier. As soon as he's done I'm back to trying for the cold turkey

Hawksmoor
11-28-14, 07:51 AM
I'm torn...I've been trying to get this blasted Toucan since it came out and it's fail after fail after fail. Do I bite the bullet and buy it? Or keep trying my luck? Decisions, decisions...I really hate the idea of spending real money on this game, but the 40% gem sale makes it so tempting. Darn you TL! *shakes fist* lol :p

Lisa0107
11-28-14, 08:26 AM
I'm torn...I've been trying to get this blasted Toucan since it came out and it's fail after fail after fail. Do I bite the bullet and buy it? Or keep trying my luck? Decisions, decisions...I really hate the idea of spending real money on this game, but the 40% gem sale makes it so tempting. Darn you TL! *shakes fist* lol :p

I know how you feel Hawksmoor..i have been going back and forth on the the thought of spending money on this game for a long time now...but honestly, I look at it this way...I don't really have any hobbies....I like to stay home...I am a definate homebody. I don't smoke, I don't drink....so since I don't really spend much money on frivilious things I finally decided a few dollars on a game I really enjoy will make it that much more enjoyable so I bit the bullet! but I don't dare tell hubby...he would not like that at all...and the kids would blackmail me if I told them so I'm keeping this to myself! LOL ;)

Hawksmoor
11-28-14, 08:36 AM
I know how you feel Hawksmoor..i have been going back and forth on the the thought of spending money on this game for a long time now...but honestly, I look at it this way...I don't really have any hobbies....I like to stay home...I am a definate homebody. I don't smoke, I don't drink....so since I don't really spend much money on frivilious things I finally decided a few dollars on a game I really enjoy will make it that much more enjoyable so I bit the bullet! but I don't dare tell hubby...he would not like that at all...and the kids would blackmail me if I told them so I'm keeping this to myself! LOL ;)

LOL! I won't tell, mum's the word ;-)
Hey, as long as you're not spending your grocery money on the game and you don't go too crazy, I say why not spend money on yourself for a change, have a bit of fun!