PDA

View Full Version : Evolution time changing :)

meoconlunar
11-07-14, 12:07 PM
The time for Evolution for all dragons is lower than before !
It spends only six and a half hours to envolve Lorekeeper (spent 13 hours before)

:cool:

amerirish
11-07-14, 12:11 PM
OMG, you're right! I put a 10 hour Music Dragon in the temple about an hour ago and now it's only got 4 hours to go!! This is fantastic! I so hope it's not a glitch and if it is; leave it alone!

belbar22
11-07-14, 12:21 PM
No it's a disaster!!! You only get half the bombs and it is hard enough getting enough for mining. Very unhappy.

kittkat114
11-07-14, 12:28 PM
No it's a disaster!!! You only get half the bombs and it is hard enough getting enough for mining. Very unhappy.

I thought the same thing at first, but as long as they haven't changed the logic (1 bomb per 4hrs), it shouldn't be any harder. It may take more dragons, but it won't actually take longer.

Example: in the old way, you evolve 1 genie for 8 hrs and get 2 bombs. Now, you evolve 1 genie for 4hrs and get 1 bomb. It's the exact same thing, just everything divided by 2.

finnth12
11-07-14, 12:47 PM
Didn't like this at all. Don't care if they cut it half. The bomb is cut in half too. I evolved my moon which was 31 hours, supposed to get 8 bombs ( ready at the same time the evolution changed to half time) I only got 4 bombs. But I evolved 31 hours. Not good TL!!

If you want cut half better cut the breeding time, not the evolving.

ghostiemom
11-07-14, 01:12 PM
I would be thrilled if this sticks! I have sooooooo many dragons waiting to evolve! Especially with all my recent Halloween fails that I want to trade for gems.

belbar22
11-07-14, 01:17 PM
I thought the same thing at first, but as long as they haven't changed the logic (1 bomb per 4hrs), it shouldn't be any harder. It may take more dragons, but it won't actually take longer.

Example: in the old way, you evolve 1 genie for 8 hrs and get 2 bombs. Now, you evolve 1 genie for 4hrs and get 1 bomb. It's the exact same thing, just everything divided by 2.

I only evolve at 6 and 9 and I can't afford the food costs of evolving to 10. As all of my dragons are level 7 or above, this is a disaster for me. Very fed up.

amerirish
11-07-14, 01:19 PM
I soooo hope they leave the reduced evolution time alone. I have a million dragons to evolve so I'd much rather get one bomb per 4 hours than two per 8 hours. It really is the same thing if you think about it.

knj00
11-07-14, 01:35 PM
So can we get confirmation from staff if this is a permanent change?

PepperWoo
11-07-14, 01:48 PM
I don't know how I feel about this if it's a permanent change. I've been playing on Android for so long before I went and bought an iPhone... and on Android all you can do is pretty much breed, feed and evolve so I managed to get all my dragons to epic except the new ones from the Halloween event and onwards. I only have a couple of dragons left to evolve and then I'm gonna have to rely on those Water dragons (easiest to obtain and cheapest to feed) to get me the bombs needed for mining... but if it's cut in half, evolving Water will only take 6 hours which will then give only 1 bomb in return instead of 3!

kittkat114
11-07-14, 01:50 PM
I only evolve at 6 and 9 and I can't afford the food costs of evolving to 10. As all of my dragons are level 7 or above, this is a disaster for me. Very fed up.

I don't understand the issue. If your dragons are at 7 and you can't evolve them to 10 because of food costs, you can't evolve them anyway. You don't have dragons to evolve so...you don't have dragons to evolve. It won't matter if they change the timing.

If you're worried about it, just evolve a few fails from whatever you're breeding. If you don't have space, sell a common, then place, evolve and sell whatever you breed next.

amerirish
11-07-14, 01:53 PM
I don't know how I feel about this if it's a permanent change. I've been playing on Android for so long before I went and bought an iPhone... and on Android all you can do is pretty much breed, feed and evolve so I managed to get all my dragons to epic except the new ones from the Halloween event and onwards. I only have a couple of dragons left to evolve and then I'm gonna have to rely on those Water dragons (easiest to obtain and cheapest to feed) to get me the bombs needed for mining... but if it's cut in half, evolving Water will only take 6 hours which will then give only 1 bomb in return instead of 3!

But if they keep the same system with the new time, don't you "bank" the extra two hours so that the next 6 hour breed time will give you two (because you have two 'saved' hours).

PepperWoo
11-07-14, 01:57 PM
But if they keep the same system with the new time, don't you "bank" the extra two hours so that the next 6 hour breed time will give you two (because you have two 'saved' hours).

I don't know... does it work like that? Does the system keep tab of the extra time that your dragons spend in the evolution temple?

Clark_Wayne
11-07-14, 02:02 PM
I just saw that when i put a dragon in evolution temple !
Happy that time was half but not happy if bombs are half too !
Why TL did that ?!
I would rather have food faster !

Anaboe
11-07-14, 02:04 PM
It means you need twice the amount of food to get the same amount of bombs. And, you can't put a dragon in the evolution-temple overnight anymore: it means you have more and more useless hours, hours in which you don't make any bombs...

Don't know about you guys, but I'm always short on food.

Yes, the time for evolving is long, but atleast it gives us time to grow food, and it keeps the evolution-temple occupied during the nights...

belbar22
11-07-14, 02:09 PM
I don't understand the issue. If your dragons are at 7 and you can't evolve them to 10 because of food costs, you can't evolve them anyway. You don't have dragons to evolve so...you don't have dragons to evolve. It won't matter if they change the timing.

If you're worried about it, just evolve a few fails from whatever you're breeding. If you don't have space, sell a common, then place, evolve and sell whatever you breed next.
I will get half the amount of bombs from the same amount of food. That is my problem. I do hatch waters when I am short of bombs but I have it feed them to level 6 which means I don't get the chance to build up enough food to evolve my older dragons and I like them to be epic for the arena.

Anaboe
11-07-14, 02:11 PM
Calculation:

If you used a Water-dragon to evolve to get bombs (cheap, both in coins to buy, as in food to evolve), before you got 3 boms, 6 bombs in 2 nights (provided you do somthing else during the day).
Now, you get 3 bombs in 2 nights, with the same amount of food, and the same amount of coins to buy it.

They practicaly halved our supply of bombs...

amerirish
11-07-14, 02:12 PM
I don't know... does it work like that? Does the system keep tab of the extra time that your dragons spend in the evolution temple?

I'm positive I read that on the boards somewhere but I can't say it's a fact. The shorter time for me would be great for those dragons that take 20, 24, 28, 31 hours to evolve. It drives me nuts having my temple tied up for so long.

PepperWoo
11-07-14, 02:17 PM
Exactly my sentiments Anaboe and belbar22..

Now I wouldn't mind this change so much provided that they will also half the required amount of time to get a bomb and/or half the amount of parts needed to craft a mining dragon.

PepperWoo
11-07-14, 02:32 PM
I'm positive I read that on the boards somewhere but I can't say it's a fact. The shorter time for me would be great for those dragons that take 20, 24, 28, 31 hours to evolve. It drives me nuts having my temple tied up for so long.

I see... Well I evolved my Berserker to lvl 7 for 6 hours earlier and it only gave me 1 bomb... now he's back in the temple to reach epic and if he gives me 2 bombs, I'll let you know if the system does "bank" the extra time from a previous evolution. :)

amerirish
11-07-14, 02:48 PM
I see... Well I evolved my Berserker to lvl 7 for 6 hours earlier and it only gave me 1 bomb... now he's back in the temple to reach epic and if he gives me 2 bombs, I'll let you know if the system does "bank" the extra time from a previous evolution. :)

Excellent! I was planning on doing the same thing with my currently evolving Music Dragon. It was originally 10 hours so I should get 1 bomb. Then I'll evolve Pumpkin - I should get 2 bombs from him. Good luck! Hope our experiment works :)

cdc072371
11-07-14, 02:57 PM
Now that they have changed the times, my dragon in the evolve temple will not stay on the island and the evolving time was up and the "ready" sign was there. It keeps going right back into the temple so I cannot put another dragon in to evolve. They really need to fix this because I have a **** load of dragons to evolve. If the evolving time has decreased, than I am happy. But they need to fix the bug that is wrong with not letting my dragon leave the temple and stay on the island.

MaribouMay
11-07-14, 03:16 PM

I don't think the system baked extra hours. I believe the system randomly rounds the hours up or down to the nearest multiple of 4 in the old system and multiple of 8 in the new system. I know I have gotten 2 and 3 bombs at various times for 10 hour dragons in the past and it did not seem to alternate as if the extra hours were banked. Plus, if you think about it, banking probably requires more code and memory to achieve than random rounding.

cocauina
11-07-14, 03:28 PM
At least my Gilded dragon only have 6 hours and half to finish and not almost 30hours but I will receive less bombs, I only like this new system for the long time dragons, and not for the dragons were they already have a short time, besides the fact that we will reveice less bombs and we will need to spent more food on dragons that we don't need only for us to be alowed to have bombs so we can mine for the mining dragon. Bad decision TL.

belbar22
11-07-14, 03:31 PM
This reduction in time is only till the 11th November. I got a pop up.

knj00
11-07-14, 03:33 PM
This reduction in time is only till the 11th November. I got a pop up.

Thanks so much for that info!

jtm101
11-07-14, 03:48 PM
Ugh... I only got 2 bombs from evolving an Island!!! Its going to ne impossible to get a 2nd mining dragon now :-(

by the way i was planning on spening 100-200 gold to speed up a few to get the 2nd dragon. But i guess now i wont bother this month.

freshfunin2008
11-07-14, 03:51 PM
It looks like this is a promotional kind of thing but what would have been nice is that while we enjoy the 1/2 time on the actual evolution part the amount of bombs received should have remained the same. imho

ghostiemom
11-07-14, 04:24 PM
Now that they have changed the times, my dragon in the evolve temple will not stay on the island and the evolving time was up and the "ready" sign was there. It keeps going right back into the temple so I cannot put another dragon in to evolve. They really need to fix this because I have a **** load of dragons to evolve. If the evolving time has decreased, than I am happy. But they need to fix the bug that is wrong with not letting my dragon leave the temple and stay on the island.

I've got this, too. Can't clear the temple, can't continue the game. Keeps looping back to the point where the temple is ready.

ghostiemom
11-07-14, 04:26 PM
If anyone has the problem where you can't place a dragon from the temple to the island, go report it on the bugs page!

Anaboe
11-07-14, 05:00 PM
Had the same problem once, then I moved my temple to a different location, and the problem was solved.

mayday2001
11-07-14, 05:44 PM
Fantastic!!! So many to evolve!! Diamond 44 hr quetzal 32 hr, moon 30 hr, zombie 28 hr and a few others. This will help tremendously! I have no shortage of dragons to go from lvl 6 to 9. Working on second mining dragon, I don't see a problem. Anyone short of bombs, feed and evolve commons to lvl4 then trade. Thank u team lava!!!!!!

PepperWoo
11-07-14, 05:53 PM
Excellent! I was planning on doing the same thing with my currently evolving Music Dragon. It was originally 10 hours so I should get 1 bomb. Then I'll evolve Pumpkin - I should get 2 bombs from him. Good luck! Hope our experiment works :)

Oh wow it gave me 2 bombs! Wonder if it's an official thing... xD Though there's still this issue about spending twice the amount of food to get the same amount of bombs... glad that it's not a permanent change. I'm just going to evolve my Water dragons for the meantime and put on queue the longer ones when this thing is over so I could get more bombs. :)

I don't think the system baked extra hours. I believe the system randomly rounds the hours up or down to the nearest multiple of 4 in the old system and multiple of 8 in the new system. I know I have gotten 2 and 3 bombs at various times for 10 hour dragons in the past and it did not seem to alternate as if the extra hours were banked. Plus, if you think about it, banking probably requires more code and memory to achieve than random rounding.

Hmm I'm not sure about this... but I have gotten 6 bombs from evolving Snowman the other day, which is 21 hours. If it's going to round to the nearest multiple of 4 then it should've rounded down to 20 and give me only 5.

PernReloaded
11-07-14, 06:24 PM
On one hand, I have SO MANY dragons to evolve that having the chance to do a rush on them is a relief.

On the other, less bombs for the food cost.

This being a limited thing is likely a chance to see how it goes over. I mean, a LOT of complaints/petitions for a second evolution temple have happened, so this is probably what they're testing as an alternative measure to doing that, since there are a lot of players who can't spare extra land for another Evo temple.

Either way, I am very torn on the benefits of this measure.

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 06:30 PM
I had Anubis in for 40 hours and I only got 5 bombs. Since it took 40 hours to evolve, I should have gotten the ten. They changed it midstream. Guess they had no choice if they planned this, so some of us lost out, but they should have warned us. Kind of funky snd sneaky. Glad it is limited. Don't like this.

By the way, the official word on FS is the extra hours roll to the next evolution. There are less bombs awarded on FS too.

redstar177
11-07-14, 07:03 PM
I absolutely understand why all you Ios users are upset/annoyed about the evolution times being halved.

As an Android user, however, I'm THRILLED ;)

SHINeeFan23
11-07-14, 07:14 PM
I don't mind this but I wished it was after the mining dragon as I'm trying to save up & getting 1 bomb where I should get 6 is messed up. Though the good thing is I can evolve up my dragons quick.

rosewaterlily
11-07-14, 09:04 PM
I had Anubis in for 40 hours and I only got 5 bombs. Since it took 40 hours to evolve, I should have gotten the ten. They changed it midstream. Guess they had no choice if they planned this, so some of us lost out, but they should have warned us. Kind of funky snd sneaky. Glad it is limited. Don't like this.

Same, I had an anubis in the temple and it was ~6 hours left from done and then the evolution suddenly ended and I only got 5 bombs and not the total number of time spent in the temple divided by four. Although this way I can finish evolving my astromancer and rainbow prism to epic now instead of having to wait for the next mining dragon as to not waste bombs.

jptheripper
11-07-14, 09:12 PM
Losing bombs does not matter, shorter evolution times are awesome!

MaribouMay
11-07-14, 09:15 PM
Hmm I'm not sure about this... but I have gotten 6 bombs from evolving Snowman the other day, which is 21 hours. If it's going to round to the nearest multiple of 4 then it should've rounded down to 20 and give me only 5.

What I meant was that the hours are rounded up or down randomly. So a 21 hour dragon might yield bombs as if it were a 20 hour dragon or a 24 hour dragon. I know I have had this happen for me. What I seriously doubt is that TL tracks each players extra hours to award them at a later date.

Clark_Wayne
11-08-14, 01:04 AM
Shorting evolution time is good for those who have lot dragons to, but not good for those who don't
Most of mine are level 7 or 8 and i don't have enough food to reach level 9 for all of them.
I counted on those still in level 3 or 6 to give me bombs for the mine and get another mining dragon.
I would rather have half time in breeding ! And/or in farming !
They should have done this first with farming then evolution , so that everyone got enough food to feed dragons ! :mad:

LonePudding
11-08-14, 03:40 AM
This feature had to come after I evolved crusader AND diamond!! Could have been 22 hours!!! Ahh well I have about 10 other dragons in the queue anyway.

JustKay
11-08-14, 05:37 AM
This is one bad joke of a special event! Maybe back when we didn't have mining it might have been a good thing, but now that bomb drops are cut too it's pure bad news. Dressing it up as something special for all players is the icing on the cake.

At the very least it shouldn't change the number of bombs it drops. For it to be a nice gesture they should have dropped the bomb to time ratio to 2 hours per bomb. I'm now going to have to hold off on evolving any dragons until after Nov 11, which doesn't help me towards crafting the Magma dragon as I'm already behind thanks to all the crashing during the Halloween events. Nice one TL!! I might as well give up

Kennedward
11-08-14, 06:43 AM
Nice, now my long lineup for evolving will take much less time to finish!

Niimue
11-08-14, 07:25 AM
I hate this change, unless they double the bomb!

My limiting factor in mining for dragons is the food to evolve them. I end up feeding a lot of dragons to Level 6, evolving them and discarding them. With this change, I need to double that :(

It will slow down my ability to bring my rare dragons to level 10.

imasweetie11
11-08-14, 07:54 AM
Nice, now my long lineup for evolving will take much less time to finish!

Agreed! Very very happy about this short term change, I have loads of dragons ready to be evolved, ranging from 12 - 25 hours. I've already made a list of what dragons I'm going to evolve in this short time to take best advantage of this awesome feature! I do agree, however, if this was a permanent change I'd have food issues, but now it's perfect for me!

laraelyn
11-08-14, 10:32 AM
I had a pop up saying good till November 11

charismabmw33
11-08-14, 11:44 AM
Ok what's going on here? Has anybody notice this change? It used to be the amount of time it took to breed a dragon the same amount of time to evolve it. Right? Now I'm seeing evolve time has been cut in half i.e. Moon dragon, 31 hours to breed now I'm evolving my moon dragon it says 16 hours. Another thing, im breeding something that's says 4 hours, so I go to speed up that breeding for 4 gold and it says 8 gold. That's double. What's is teamlava doing to us to make us spend more? Somebody please explain. :confused:

cocauina
11-08-14, 11:50 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74896-Evolution-time-changing-

The 4hrs breed costs 8gold, it's only on the Arctic Isles, 4hrs - 8gold non diamond hydrid, 8hrs - 16gold (I think) diamond hybrid.

Natasha_07
11-08-14, 12:00 PM
I had a pop up saying good till November 11

Me too, at least it cuts time evolution for all those dragons I have hanging around level 7.

jptheripper
11-08-14, 12:28 PM
so happy to get some of the long evoling dragons (rune, dawntree) out of the queue, THANK YOU TL

charismabmw33
11-08-14, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=cocauina;998080]http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74896-Evolution-time-changing-

The 4hrs breed costs 8gold, it's only on the Arctic Isles, 4hrs - 8gold non diamond hydrid, 8hrs - 16gold (I think) diamond hybrid.[/QUOTE
I see what you are talking about. What I was breeding was an ice age dragon. I thought it was an Athena Dragon.

MakJulos
11-08-14, 01:05 PM
I really couldn't believe it when i read that they've halfed the evolution duration and when doing that also cut down the number of bombs you get from evolving, but when getting 1 bomb from a dragon with 10 hour (standard) incubation/evolution duration i see that it is just that dumb - is the reason for this to make the mining grind more difficult and force players into buying more gold to get the mining dragons?

Myself i've never had a problem with dragons that have long evolution time, instead i see this as an advantage since it gives more bombs, so this in my opinion idiotic event is nothing but a nerf to me....and ofc just more incentive to avoid compensating DS flaws using my money.

Ah well, after having played DS for 14 months now it does feel very much same-same constantly and i can't be bothered whimpering and whining as much as i used to, didn't make any difference anyway lol - i'll go back to enjoying my weekend, and wish everyone else a nice one too! :)

saghaven
11-08-14, 01:12 PM

This is why I'm happy with it. I threw in a cherry blossom to evolve so I could trade it and saw 13 hours pop up. Once I realized for a few days it would be half the time to evolve I'm gonna evolve all the dragons that have crazy evolving times that I've delayed like Dawntree, Angel, etc). I'm close to the number of pieces to get Magma and have plenty of dragons that need evolving. This will free up my temple a lot faster

droopy123love
11-08-14, 04:17 PM
You might have missed the announcement that this weekend the evolutionchamber needs only 50% of the evolutiontime, all evolutions are cut for a temperoraly time to 50%. I ♥ it! Evolving a crusader/diamond takes 22 hrs now instead of 44 hrs, just take advantage of it, I believe this ends monday, them evolutiontimes will be as before. I have put an angel in my temple, and a dawntree! Normaly a dawntrees evolution takes 26 hrs, at the moment only 13!

LonePudding
11-09-14, 03:29 PM
You might have missed the announcement that this weekend the evolutionchamber needs only 50% of the evolutiontime, all evolutions are cut for a temperoraly time to 50%. I ♥ it! Evolving a crusader/diamond takes 22 hrs now instead of 44 hrs, just take advantage of it, I believe this ends monday, them evolutiontimes will be as before. I have put an angel in my temple, and a dawntree! Normaly a dawntrees evolution takes 26 hrs, at the moment only 13!

Unfortunately for me, just before this event I evolved my crusader and diamond to level 7 and epic. I can't afford the food to get my crusader to epic, so that's a little disadvantage missing out on the shortened time but hey. I don't mind the bombs as I've already got my magma.

matchbox222
11-09-14, 11:49 PM
They choose a good time too :p
Now I can evolve all of my halloween dragons.

finnth12
11-11-14, 12:27 PM
Geez, finally it's back to normal again. Now, I can put my dragons to evolve again.

bexrexbex
11-11-14, 01:56 PM
As an Android user, I don't care about all that bomb stuff when it comes to half time evolution.

Cool idea that kind of falls flat, TL, considering the issue many people have with evolving their dragon isn't not having enough time to evolve all/evolutions taking too long, but not enough food to evolve dragons to epic.

angela3737
11-11-14, 09:10 PM
This is terrible ! I have been saving dragons to evolve so I could get the mining Drsgon. I'm level 127& 120 eh on other account ..I have never been able to get a mining dragon as my game crashes during mining ( and other things )..

Really wanted this dragon so I been saving dragons to evolve ..I am one of those that only evolve 6 &9 so at a disadvantage to earn bombs ( especially since I lose 1/3to 1/2 of the bombs from crashes )..

So after months saving dragons ..I'm only around 75 /200 for this dragon ...no way with this loss of bombs can I make it and running out of dragons now ..I thought I was imaging little bombs until I got the pop up over the weekend ...

Hope this was a one shot time only ..I also hope one day I can get 3 rounds of evolving instead of just 2 so I can get a real chance of getting a dragon from mining ...