PDA

View Full Version : Best battle animals?

MiloBear5
11-07-14, 10:09 AM
I'm trying to decide which animals to get to level 15 for battles. What animals are your best fighters?

ramothsflight
11-07-14, 10:42 AM
Every game is different. I've played the same animal (or dragon in DS) as my team has done with completely different results. It's best to develop your own battalion of fighters but, with that being said, check out the threads related to battles to see what elements are good or weak against other elements. Zenobia and Sandscape have done extensive work for the community and their charts and info are invaluable. And most appreciated.

I think most of us here use elements for our first choice when picking a fighter. I tend to upgrade super rares because they should be better in battles. I also level up animals I like the look of. I only have a level 15 Pyro Pony. The rest of my super rares are between 10 and 12. Too expensive on the food side to level them up more for now.

Main thing to remember is that our games are programmed differently. Some do amazing, others ok, and some have terrible odds. I've seen the vast differences in battling between our four games. One can do really well, while my game is miserable. Just keep hammering away in the battles and you will get there. And sometimes you won't. On DS I am level 150 with a huge army of fighters. Yet, of the last eight tournaments, I've only won two, and that's using the same dragons as someone else did in my house, yet I still lose. Repeatedly. In the Battlegrounds right now I'm still trying to get through Werewolf. Have had to battle it seven times already, and that was using super snd ultra rares with the recommended elements. All we can do is try, and sometimes someone else's choice will work for you too.

zenobia42
11-07-14, 02:22 PM
I would suggest the first animal you get to level 15 for the purpose of fighting be: ancient sloth, grassquatch, or vinotaur.

Not because they are better fighters or better elements than any other animal. But because those 3 cost HALF as much food as all other super rares. And the more rare, the better an animal's odds in a fight.

After that, I personally would suggest a dark-fire super rare, because they are strong against all gem animals currently in the game, which are hard to beat. And double-strong against emerald dragons.

But SANDSCApe is the expert on this subject. Hopefully she'll pop in with some advice.

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 02:37 PM
Main Fighters:
Gem-Nature
Gem-Fire
Electric-Earth
Dark-Fire
Water-Earth
Earth-Fire

Supplemental/Optional Fighters:
Water-Fire
Earth-Nature
(Note: You will not need the last two if you have the first six.)

This fight club of ultras & supers collectively offer the best odds against every existing opponent (except Toucan, whose strengths and weaknesses we don't know yet). For more details, see the updated Universal Fighter Selector for a list of the best responders for each type of challenger. There is more than one super-rare for Dark-Fire, Earth-Nature and Earth-Fire. There's no difference in battle power between two animals of identical level, rarity and element combo.
You can find the updated Universal Fighter Selector in two threads: Making Sense of the Battleground (explains the whole system) and New Battleground - Thorilla 10/30/14 (page 18).

Swaps and variations are of course possible but my fight club lists are geared toward feeding a minimum number of effective champions.

SANDSCApe
11-07-14, 02:41 PM
I'm working on a fight club list (or lists) for forests without Gem animals. I'll try to post that soon.

sanya87
11-07-14, 02:49 PM
I agree with Zenobia about vinotaur, sloth and grassquatch :) they require less food then other super rares and from my experience vinotaur 15 helped me a lot through all the fights.

But I wanted to have 3 super rares with different elements so since vinotaur was nature and fire, next one I decided to level up was dark water so I choose sea drake and after him earth and electric terradactyl. Those three got me through the most of the battles but I did also use some commons and rares like lightning leopard, skyger, frostfang, pyro pony, planther, chromadile, peamoth... They were also lvl 15 but I have to say that those commons served me more in the beginning of the tournaments and battles. After certain level commons just don't do their job anymore so it's better to continue with rares and super rares even if they are around level 10 :)

But after all, like mentioned above, everything depends on your game too... For some players something may work great and for others not at all. So good luck figuring out what will work best for you!

bluefoxcrystal
11-07-14, 09:35 PM
You want a dark-fire hybrid for sure! My cosmo phoenix has gotten me outta some hairy battles. As well as maybe a lightning-earth or lightning-water hybrid, and/or a water-earth hybrid. Also now that they released a gem fire type. Make sure you have a dark-earth type. Gargolem will be your best bet :) also so will glacial griffon.

Good luck Milobear on your battle squad. Oh!! And try to use mostly Super rares... Level doesn't factor as much as rarity as far as crits go.

bluefoxcrystal
11-07-14, 09:37 PM
I'm working on a fight club list (or lists) for forests without Gem animals. I'll try to post that soon.

Please do Sand! :D We'd all benefit from your amazonian warrior soul!
Errr... No sarcasm! Mean't as a compliment XD

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 07:33 AM
Please do Sand! :D We'd all benefit from your amazonian warrior soul!
Errr... No sarcasm! Mean't as a compliment XD

LOL. I am well and truly flattered. My Dragon Story island is "Arena Sand", my Kingdom Clash army is "Archers of Athena". Yup. I'm a battle gal.

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 08:29 AM
Beyond a doubt, Gem animals dominate. They are among the best responders for 11 of the 25 elemental types (pures and hybrids combined). But for six of those types, there are other responders who net the same element bonus, and are inferior only with regard to rarity. The following list was formulated for forests with no Gem types AND no Steamtrunk.

Main fighters:
Earth-Fire
Dark-Fire
Water-Earth
Earth-Nature
Electric-Earth

Those five will give you the best non-ultra odds against 22 of the 25 types.

What about the other three types? You will need supplemental fighters:
Against Water-Nature, level up ONE of the following: Electric-Dark, Electric-Water, Electric-Nature or Electric-Fire.
Against Earth-Nature, Gem-Nature is a beast! But bring your own brand of pain with ONE of these: Dark-Nature, Water-Nature or Nature-Fire.
Against Treasure, who the heck knows! When the next tournament comes, watch for the Toucan and let us know how the system rates your elements against it.

Now if you DO have a Steamtrunk (Water-Fire), it vies with Gem-Fire for dominance against the Nature-Fires, and is also among the recommended responders against Gem-Fire, Dark-Nature and Dark-Fire. Definitely worth levelling up if you're missing members of my non-Gem fight club.

Swaps and variations are of course possible but my fight club lists are geared toward feeding a minimum number of effective champions.

Lisa0107
11-08-14, 03:32 PM
For me the ancient sloth is the best. He gets critical hits all the time. I mean like all the time! Next up is the Vinotaur, magmacore, gold lion and nightmare. any super rare is good, but I tell you, that ancient sloth is the best!

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 05:23 PM
We all have a favorite, one super that often delivers even if it doesn't always offer the best odds. But if you want the numbers working in your favor, you MUST have a fight club of at least 4-6 fighters to cover all bases. (See my previous 2 fight club suggestions).

Up until a few hours ago, Satyr Sanctuary only had 2 animals above L10. I finally decided - what the heck - with all this food stockpiled, let me pump up most of my fight club. So of the 6 main fighters in the "Best Darn Fight Club", the 4 supers are now L14, and the 2 ultras are L12.
I'm not looking to go epic because (1) I prefer the original skins; (2) the rise in income is not worth the investment of L14 feedings plus the long evolutions; (3) the difference of one level in battle is not all that significant.

However, raising the fight club members to levels above your other animals will put them at the top of the list for easy access when selecting a fighter in the Arena or Battleground.