PDA

View Full Version : Unreasonable Train Orders

kisten
11-07-14, 09:15 AM
My train order required 9 truffle shavings AND 10 truffle pizza. It takes 2 black & brown mushrooms to make 1 truffle shaving; 1 truffle pizza requires 3 truffle shavings. Be realistic TL- not too many players keep 156 mushrooms in their storage!

While they can be found on the market, no one can watch the market 24 hrs straight. Even if we can there is still no guarantee we will find what we need.

Please fix this TL- I appreciate you are making this game challenging. Challenging being the key word, not unplayable.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag219/chojaqueen/Mobile%20Uploads/42AF9902-E46B-4D27-89FD-655F6BD0C6C4_zpsd3ssh2kj.png (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/chojaqueen/media/Mobile%20Uploads/42AF9902-E46B-4D27-89FD-655F6BD0C6C4_zpsd3ssh2kj.png.html)

stargazerlily54
11-07-14, 09:24 AM
The only answer is to dismiss the train - but you must wait another 12 hours for the next one. Sending a partial train is ineffective and I like a challenge, but too often lately the train orders are next to impossible to fill, and I play throughout the day.

I'd also like to know when the different train levels will become available? It as been 'Coming Soon' since I began.

happieorganics
11-07-14, 10:17 AM
I agree - my latest order calls for six sushi rolls which takes 30 hours to make, provided you have all the rice and wraps already made up. I don't usually have that much rice sitting around, and if you have to make any rice you can't make all the sushi rolls before the train leaves. ARGH!

FrozenTurtle
11-07-14, 11:57 AM
Thanks for letting us know! You can always dismiss the train before loading any items, but I'll pass this along to the game team. :)

PookieBear50
11-07-14, 12:54 PM
As best as I can recall, I only ever sent out one train with a full load, and that was after buying what I needed to complete it...not worth the coins spent. Now I only send out what I have enough of the moment it arrives, which is usually only excess crops, or which I can craft or grow sufficiently to get at least a couple of orders done. Although I may not always get the gems, at least I get some coins, and I have been fortunate in getting the occasional expansion item or tool.

As far as the sushi rice goes...I usually end up with a surplus simply because I keep harvesting and drying rice and have nothing better to do with it (other than make rice crackers), but I never have enough fish to make the rolls.

Overall, my suggestion would be: just do what you can, and if you don't completely fill the order, then it's fine. At least you emptied some space in your barn and silo, didn't simply lose out on the coins, and maybe got some expansion pieces, tools, and maybe gems for your efforts.

ciarjen
11-07-14, 01:25 PM
This week I've had a train which required the toy train, wooden horse, dolls house and wood.

And another train wanted Orange jelly, cranberry jelly, blackberry jelly, apple butter, honey and herbs - that was a huge requirement for honey and herbs.

Clark_Wayne
11-07-14, 04:21 PM
For me i had 4 trains in a row that ask for 9 pieces of gold !
I mine and store golds but not that many
I filled the 2 first but not the 2 last

rosewaterlily
11-08-14, 01:06 AM
My current train asks for 8 wasabi paste and then 5 sashimi, hahaha. Would need a hypothetical second sushi shop to just get the sashimi done in time. Not exactly a common item in the market either.

klm722
11-09-14, 12:15 PM
Usually, if I see stuff I can't fullfil to reach at least the 2 star requirement to get the 2 gems, i dismiss the train. I think I've only ever been able to fulfill one train completely without breaking the bank.

orleansparish
11-09-14, 05:59 PM
This week I've had a train which required the toy train, wooden horse, dolls house and wood.

And another train wanted Orange jelly, cranberry jelly, blackberry jelly, apple butter, honey and herbs - that was a huge requirement for honey and herbs.

Double ouch. Y'all are scaring me. Right now I'm trying to make 9 buttons and 5 wooden homes. I have some wood saved for the buttons but have some dang yarn taking up hours in my shop.

cityfan
11-09-14, 08:55 PM
I just had a train asking for 6!!! Of the new sweaters.
I don't even thing the cotton has been out log enough for us to be able to make 6.

Rynetory2
11-10-14, 10:02 PM
I had 2 trains asking for 6 pears and 7 pear juices. Pears take 2 days to harvest, my train would be long gone before I can harvest enough to make pear juice. Had lots of trains asking for truffle shavings and truffle pizzas in the same train. I don't have 156 truffles to fulfil that either. Although I enjoy challenges, this is impossible.

captmiddy
11-13-14, 02:48 PM
I don't see the issue with sending a partially loaded train, as long as you get up to the 3 star range you get the second most gems for it and the experience/money you get for loading each car is actually as good if not better than sending them through the normal delivery method. Maybe I am missing something. I don't load a section of cars unless I am goign to get to the next star segment because there is no benefit between the star segments but as long as you get up to the next one you do get a bonus on the delivery.

bss18974
11-13-14, 03:15 PM
I've had some unreasonable trains recently. First I had 3 trains in a row ask for 6 pears. Then the fourth train asked for 7 pear pizzas. Then the fifth train asked for 6 pears. Then the 6th train asked for 7 pear pizzas and 7 apple pear juices.

Now how in the world are we expected to be able to fill such trains when we can have a maximum of 5 pear trees and the pears take 36 hours to be able to be picked.

This is not right.

ciarjen
11-14-14, 02:21 AM
I don't see the issue with sending a partially loaded train, as long as you get up to the 3 star range you get the second most gems for it and the experience/money you get for loading each car is actually as good if not better than sending them through the normal delivery method. Maybe I am missing something.

It is the time it takes. If you only part load the train you can't send it. (well I can't work out how to) You have to wait until it leaves and I think that takes 36hrs.

In 36 hours you could have 3 opportunities to load trains for a total of 15 gems. 15 gems is worth 2 cans of paint. When you barn needs 18 paints for each upgrade, delay on train orders really slows down game play and progress. All these unreasonable train orders are a real problem when they happen so frequently.

mymummy789
11-14-14, 06:24 AM
I wish there was an option to send the train at the 2 star stage. Then I could ignore the ridiculous requests, get 2 gems for my trouble, and not have to sit and wait for the train to leave of its own accord, wasting precious time.

amanipeach
11-23-14, 05:30 PM
As best as I can recall, I only ever sent out one train with a full load, and that was after buying what I needed to complete it...not worth the coins spent. Now I only send out what I have enough of the moment it arrives, which is usually only excess crops, or which I can craft or grow sufficiently to get at least a couple of orders done. Although I may not always get the gems, at least I get some coins, and I have been fortunate in getting the occasional expansion item or tool.

As far as the sushi rice goes...I usually end up with a surplus simply because I keep harvesting and drying rice and have nothing better to do with it (other than make rice crackers), but I never have enough fish to make the rolls.

Overall, my suggestion would be: just do what you can, and if you don't completely fill the order, then it's fine. At least you emptied some space in your barn and silo, didn't simply lose out on the coins, and maybe got some expansion pieces, tools, and maybe gems for your efforts.

Your suggestions are great. I buy from the newsstand to complete orders and then I make them myself. Once I make what I bought, I sell them back in the market.

friscosharkboy
12-02-14, 10:51 AM
I have gotten several orders in a row asking for something that looks like an alpaca or llama. What is that and where do I make it?

driver1711
12-02-14, 12:03 PM
I have gotten several orders in a row asking for something that looks like an alpaca or llama. What is that and where do I make it?That is an alpaca plushie. You make that in the studio. It takes 7 hours and uses 2 alpaca wool, 2 buttons and 1 linen flower. Market value is $1157.

orleansparish
12-02-14, 03:08 PM
80 percent of train orders are unreasonable. When are we going to get large orders?

friscosharkboy
12-02-14, 10:39 PM
That is an alpaca plushie. You make that in the studio. It takes 7 hours and uses 2 alpaca wool, 2 buttons and 1 linen flower. Market value is $1157.

I am level 48 and I dont have an alpaca plushie to make in my studio, but I do have it in my train orders.

puzZelda
12-04-14, 08:00 AM
I need to start dismissing more trains. Either that, or there needs to be a way to send it at the 2gem bonus point.

PookieBear50
12-04-14, 02:36 PM
While I can understand the desire to have the train in near constant motion (arriving, loaded up, then sent out within moments), I find that it does not bother me to have it sitting for longer than a day at my station. If I have enough time to craft what it is asking for, great. If not, then it's fine. I am not going to waste gems sending out a partially-filled train, and I'm not going to spend coin to buy all the items I'd need to fill the train--the exchange isn't worth it. If the train order is unreasonable, then I just ignore it.

babs3449
12-05-14, 08:49 AM
My most recent train also was heavy on the truffles, wanting 7 white ones, 9 truffle shavings, and 10 truffle butters! I have only the one truffle hog, so having that many truffles is impossible for me, and buying them from neighbors or the newspaper is pretty difficult, especially the white ones! I was able to fill 6 of the other orders so will get the 2 gems after the train leaves, but that takes up another day. This is frustrating because the train is my main way to earn gems (to get another truffle hog?)
I often find that if the orders don't need the same ingredient, they need to use the same method of production. For instance, this week I had a train needing 10 strawberry cobblers, 9 chocolate chip cookies, and 7 lemon pies, all of which take a long time in the bakery, so I have to buy items if I want to earn the gems.

ghjvcucjb
12-05-14, 11:15 AM
My most recent train also was heavy on the truffles, wanting 7 white ones, 9 truffle shavings, and 10 truffle butters! I have only the one truffle hog, so having that many truffles is impossible for me, and buying them from neighbors or the newspaper is pretty difficult, especially the white ones! I was able to fill 6 of the other orders so will get the 2 gems after the train leaves, but that takes up another day. This is frustrating because the train is my main way to earn gems (to get another truffle hog?)
I often find that if the orders don't need the same ingredient, they need to use the same method of production. For instance, this week I had a train needing 10 strawberry cobblers, 9 chocolate chip cookies, and 7 lemon pies, all of which take a long time in the bakery, so I have to buy items if I want to earn the gems.
Two thumbs up!

I've stopped doing trains because it was becoming impossible for me to fulfill them

babs3449
01-05-15, 09:53 AM
ETA: just had 3 consecutive trains wanting 9 gold pieces. Bankrupted my pickaxes/shovels for the first train and had to let the other ones go at the two gem level. As someone else said, I wish we could send the train ourselves at the 2 gem level so ad to quit wasting time.

agnes__
01-05-15, 03:55 PM
I desperately need 2 wooden buttons to complete my train order, can anyone help? Thank you. I only have 4 hours left before the train leaves. Stupidly queued my studios with other stuff so I can't make any buttons before the time limit, but I've run out any saws or woods anyway so I can't make them even if my studios were free.

Edit: never mind, got them yay

Laytonsville20882
01-06-15, 11:20 PM
When do the size of the train rewards increase to the larger sizes? Come on TL spill the beans or don't you know? There are 60 levels, I am nearing level 49 so in my mind something should have changed. With only 12 more levels is it used as a reward to keep those who have everything playing the game?

Rynetory2
01-07-15, 06:50 AM
When do the size of the train rewards increase to the larger sizes? Come on TL spill the beans or don't you know? There are 60 levels, I am nearing level 49 so in my mind something should have changed. With only 12 more levels is it used as a reward to keep those who have everything playing the game?

Your deliveries and trains get more difficult as you level up. The items they ask for are mostly difficult to buy or take long hours to make. I'm at level 60, so it isn't easy like it was for me at lower levels. I don't think I want to see the heavy trains when the normal trains are difficult enough. Lol :)

neurotika
01-07-15, 08:19 PM
Your deliveries and trains get more difficult as you level up. The items they ask for are mostly difficult to buy or take long hours to make. I'm at level 60, so it isn't easy like it was for me at lower levels. I don't think I want to see the heavy trains when the normal trains are difficult enough. Lol :)

but at the lower levels it is also difficult to fulfill what the higher level players now consider as easy.

for me, i go crazy with the simple items like french fries as my fryer is up to the brim with fried fish and nori. i try to stock up on the complicated ones because these are expensive and difficult to purchase.

for some reason i have stock of gold but zero iron. so i have to decline when it asks for 10 iron.

Rynetory2
01-08-15, 06:29 AM
but at the lower levels it is also difficult to fulfill what the higher level players now consider as easy.

for me, i go crazy with the simple items like french fries as my fryer is up to the brim with fried fish and nori. i try to stock up on the complicated ones because these are expensive and difficult to purchase.

for some reason i have stock of gold but zero iron. so i have to decline when it asks for 10 iron.

Lol I go crazy with French fries too. :) just enjoy while you can at lower levels. Oh boy I missed those days. :) happy farming.

ciarjen
01-08-15, 09:02 AM
Lol I go crazy with French fries too. :) just enjoy while you can at lower levels. Oh boy I missed those days. :) happy farming.

I agree, the higher the level, the harder train and plane deliveries get. The more recipes you unlock and the more TL add to the buildings, the harder it gets and the more pressure on barn space. You have to hold some things in the barn because of their long craft time/difficult to buy but with so many items, it's impossible to cover everything,

reewinder
01-08-15, 04:52 PM
My secret to train orders......I don't craft anything really. I just visit my neighbors shops and buy everything I need. Sometimes I can fill a train order in like 5 to 10 minutes of browsing around. Some train orders prove to be more difficult with things you don't craft.....but need to be grown, like herbs. Those are the ones that are harder to find in others shops and take some time for me. Neighbors are a big boost to this game. Not just in getting items you need, but also in making money. The more neighbors you have, the more potential shoppers to buy from you and more resources to help you when you need it.
I always go help other farms to keep my social rating at full hearts and try to invite neighbors when doing so. Some have the quick invite or others I just post to their wall and leave a nice comment.

Andis4pawsbakery
10-20-15, 03:16 PM
My train orders frequently request things that I don't even have!! One order had rice, truffle pizza, and salmon! 1- I have not expanded to the truffle cave yet. 2- I have not expanded to my pond yet. 3- I fish a lot and I have never, NEVER seen a salmon or tuna come out of that pond!

Rynetory2
10-21-15, 01:34 AM
My train orders frequently request things that I don't even have!! One order had rice, truffle pizza, and salmon! 1- I have not expanded to the truffle cave yet. 2- I have not expanded to my pond yet. 3- I fish a lot and I have never, NEVER seen a salmon or tuna come out of that pond!

FYI your train and delivery ask for items according to your level regardless if you had expanded to truffle forest in this case. So it gets more difficult as you level up. Totally understand your frustration especially you don't have those yet. Hope you get to it soon.

Bakerling
10-23-15, 10:27 PM
I remember that I short of one item to make a full load for my train to dismiss. I need to have 3 rings more that need very long hours to craft just one and it is quite difficult to buy it from the market too. It is not easy to get gold for the ring. So I forgo that item. I think it is not really fair in some way.