PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story : Update 11/6/2014 ??

Liloze
11-06-14, 09:15 AM
Just wondering is there going to be a new update today?

Liloze
11-06-14, 09:38 AM
Or EXPANSIONS ? ;)

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 11:05 AM
Doesn't look like there is in not for me anyway.

Queenzod
11-06-14, 11:20 AM
There's still an hour and a half until the updates are normally released...

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 11:28 AM
I believe the clocks went back in the US last weekend so that should make 6pm in the UK.

Liloze
11-06-14, 11:43 AM
I believe the clocks went back in the US last weekend so that should make 6pm in the UK.

Yep they did change the clock back one hour ...But I still hope if there's no update, at least an expansion ?! please TL ! :)

Liloze
11-06-14, 11:46 AM
There's still an hour and a half until the updates are normally released...

Oh boy! Longest hour and half lol :)

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 12:10 PM
We I'm going to be really peeved if the time has changed as I've sent stuff to craft and used up resources.

Liloze
11-06-14, 12:37 PM
We I'm going to be really peeved if the time has changed as I've sent stuff to craft and used up resources.

I don't think it is going to be timed IF there's an update, so you don't need to worry ;)

I am speculating maybe we will see Kaz return this week :) Or Ivy's sister?! But I like kaz Lol

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 12:51 PM
I just meant if they want wool I'm stuck, just sent a net to the magic forge using up 50 of my stock of 64 wool. Lol.

katbtodd
11-06-14, 01:01 PM
3:01 nothing yet EST

belbar22
11-06-14, 01:03 PM
It's after 8 now. Looks like there is no update.

katbtodd
11-06-14, 01:05 PM
You would of though they could of told us yesterday ..we wait all day for what,

napertown
11-06-14, 01:05 PM
Are you serious? After a year of playing, I'm highly considering quitting. This game has gone bad over the past few months.

xanethi
11-06-14, 01:08 PM
Atleast tell us if there is an update or not. Would Like to know

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 01:09 PM
I agree!

katbtodd
11-06-14, 01:10 PM
It's like we are being punished . I wonder what we did ,,

Luna48
11-06-14, 01:12 PM
I got a pop up saying new Fortune Teller items. As usual my first visit got nothing but at least there is something new this week.

Liloze
11-06-14, 01:13 PM
I just meant if they want wool I'm stuck, just sent a net to the magic forge using up 50 of my stock of 64 wool. Lol.

Oooops! usually I really stop doing anything on update day.
I simply plant and collect, tend to my cows/ pigs/ chickens, you know the stuff that doesn't require resources, until I am sure there's an update AND the new goal doesn't require resources I already spent, just to be on the safe side :)

Liloze
11-06-14, 01:14 PM
It's like we are being punished . I wonder what we did ,,

We got the last Community prize maybe ?? lol ;)

AnniePMH
11-06-14, 01:17 PM
I got a pop up saying new Fortune Teller items. As usual my first visit got nothing but at least there is something new this week.

Aarrggh! I want to keep the Sticky Fortune!!!

HistoryGirl7
11-06-14, 01:19 PM
I think it's only fair that they let us know one way or another....I mean...I pull out all of my buildings, stop what I'm doing, etc. =(

nessa005
11-06-14, 01:19 PM
I simply plant and collect, tend to my cows/ pigs/ chickens, you know the stuff that doesn't require resources, until I am sure there's an update AND the new goal doesn't require resources I already spent, just to be on the safe side :)

Sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting, waiting, waiting. All I have left is sister sister and my cows and sheep aren't dropping fertilizer fast enough!

Liloze
11-06-14, 01:23 PM

No pop up for me :confused: Was waiting for the fortunes to start again, strange!

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-06-14, 01:26 PM
No pop up for me :confused: Was waiting for the fortunes to start again, strange!
Me either, nada.

Liloze
11-06-14, 01:26 PM
Sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting, waiting, waiting. All I have left is sister sister and my cows and sheep aren't dropping fertilizer fast enough!

At least you have Sinister Sister, I have no goals' book :( Nothing, waiting like you twidling my thumbs and toes too lol :o Arghh c'mon TL, Tell us if there's an up date or not, waiting is not fun, CS is! :)

Liloze
11-06-14, 01:30 PM
Me either, nada.

Why do I have this feeling that something is amiss ?! I mean Glimmergate and Agwynn used to communicate with us, give us Sneak Peeks, answer our questions, and especially prepare us for the new goals in advance, giving us hints etc....
For a while now, It is Buttercup posting updates, and that is it. :confused:
Am I the only one having those " feelings of abandonment" or what?! :o

NorthWoodsKingdom
11-06-14, 01:33 PM
Why do I have this feeling that something is amiss ?! I mean Glimmergate and Agwynn used to communicate with us, give us Sneak Peeks, answer our questions, and especially prepare us for the new goals in advance, giving us hints etc....
You're not alone...changes have happened behind the scenes for awhile now & we've been in the dark all along.

Hello? Beuller? Is anybody still out there...???

Liloze
11-06-14, 01:43 PM
You're not alone...changes have happened behind the scenes for awhile now & we've been in the dark all along.

Hello? Beuller? Is anybody still out there...???

Lol

I think there won't be an update today, But I wish someone could OFFICIALLY confirm whether or not !

Waiting is the hardest part.

marse66
11-06-14, 01:43 PM
I've been playing this game for over 2 years and never thought there would come a day where I would want to give up. I have spent a few bucks on gems and have always found this game to be very entertaining but lately not so much. My biggest issue is the lack of communication as so many of you have already mentioned.

mamareader02
11-06-14, 01:56 PM
It really does feel like abandonment since the beginning of the year up through September we had clues and previews,now we can't even get a "nope,no update"(which I believe we didn't get one last week either).not a strong way to convince me to buy gems,which every year I do on Black Friday ,I just hoard my iTunes cards and go nuts,and the way I'm getting bored with most of the TL games I play,Castle was one that never got kicked off the "buy gems for on BF" list,but if no effort gets put in by TL,then no effort to redeem codes will be put in by me

napertown
11-06-14, 01:56 PM
FOR SALE:

Fully expanded kingdom. All inhabitants come with property and pay rent on time. Property contains large kingdom with castle and royal buildings. Immense entertainment area with jousting arena, amphitheater, and 4 theaters with ample seating for all guests. A spectacular royal garden with 2 conservatories and 2 greenhouses awaits you situated on a lavish grove of apple, orange and lemon trees. Garden is home to some very lovely faeries. Situated just outside the royal area is a large subdivision for all of your constituents in 4 cottages and is currently home to a princess, witch, and troll king. The subdivision is within walking distance to a recently updated village for all of your shopping, dining, and educational needs. A short stone's throw from downtown, you'll find a massive industrial area which includes 2 mines, 2 deep mines, 2 mills, 2 workshops, 2 forges, and a tinker camp. If you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, country life awaits on a massive farm. Farm comes complete with 60 acres of crops and another 60 acres dedicated to cows, sheep, pigs and chickens along with deidicated hatcheries and stables.

Buy today for AN UPDATE. Moving, must sell.

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:03 PM
FOR SALE:

Fully expanded kingdom. All inhabitants come with property and pay rent on time. Property contains large kingdom with castle and royal buildings. Immense entertainment area with jousting arena, amphitheater, and 4 theaters with ample seating for all guests. A spectacular royal garden with 2 conservatories and 2 greenhouses awaits you situated on a lavish grove of apple, orange and lemon trees. Garden is home to some very lovely faeries. Situated just outside the royal area is a large subdivision for all of your constituents in 4 cottages and is currently home to a princess, witch, and troll king. The subdivision is within walking distance to a recently updated village for all of your shopping, dining, and educational needs. A short stone's throw from downtown, you'll find a massive industrial area which includes 2 mines, 2 deep mines, 2 mills, 2 workshops, 2 forges, and a tinker camp. If you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, country life awaits on a massive farm. Farm comes complete with 60 acres of crops and another 60 acres dedicated to cows, sheep, pigs and chickens along with deidicated hatcheries and stables.

LOL LOVE ❤️It :D

SpiritWind00
11-06-14, 02:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm trying to find out for us, haven't heard back yet. will let you know if I hear anything further, unless posted here first by TL. I was looking forward to something to do too.....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. :)

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:07 PM
It really does feel like abandonment since the beginning of the year up through September we had clues and previews,now we can't even get a "nope,no update"(which I believe we didn't get one last week either).not a strong way to convince me to buy gems,which every year I do on Black Friday ,I just hoard my iTunes cards and go nuts,and the way I'm getting bored with most of the TL games I play,Castle was one that never got kicked off the "buy gems for on BF" list,but if no effort gets put in by TL,then no effort to redeem codes will be put in by me

Yes All we want want is a "Nay or Yea" for update.
I buy gems almost everytime there's a sale, stash them aside, just in case I might need them,I did use a hefty bunch in the halloween event!

mamareader02
11-06-14, 02:07 PM
And I just noticed there are No managers or TL staff online,wow,so nice to know that even though they know Castle folk will have questions about no update again,no one there cares enough to reassure customers

mamareader02
11-06-14, 02:08 PM
And thank you spirit wind for being brave enough to step into the fray:)

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm trying to find out for us, haven't heard back yet. will let you know if I hear anything further, unless posted here first by TL. I was looking forward to something to do too.....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. :)

Thanks SpiritWind00 :) Crossing my fingers ;)

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 02:10 PM

Me too, but I waited for the update time I assumed it would be with the daylight saving change.

mamareader02
11-06-14, 02:13 PM
Me too, but I waited for the update time I assumed it would be with the daylight saving change.

Fat chance,but eh,let's give em 20 more minutes

Liloze

Maybe you won't have to worry, seems there's no update from the looks of it, SpiritWindoo is courageoys enough to enquire about it from TL staff, still no answer until now, but usually I get the updates at 3:30 EST it is now 4:14

55lee55

Yeah, as I think someone mentioned, I feel like we are being punished for something but no one told me what it is. Abandonded? Yeah. The Community Event was so awesome, the artwork mostly fit in with my Kingdom decor, no more neon or slime and only one outsized decoration, the caldron, and I was starting to feel there might be a change back to the better days.

Then last week, no update, and the reason that we were free to work on the Halloween Event felt bogus to me as we got all of our citizens dressed up for a Halloween party, then no party, even though some speculated that they might be waiting to spring a surprise party on us for Halloween, that didn't happen.

And the happy go lucky banter of the mods was replaced with warnings not to get off topic if we even mentioned something related that we were happy about. I felt almost afraid to post.

Now I feel like we have been totally abandonded. No Kaz. No hints. I haven't been to my Kingdom today, and not sure I want to. I get the eerie feeling I might go there and find my animals all feet up and weeds growing in my farmland.

Just kidding, but I do worry about the future of this game and the abandonment by the Mods. Hope that by the time I post this, there is a new update out and I have a Quest Book again.

I see there is not a word yet. Thanks SpiritWind for trying to get an answer for us!

LOL on the Kingdom for Sale! I needed that smile!

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 02:14 PM
And thank you spirit wind for being brave enough to step into the fray:)

Here here!

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 02:15 PM
FOR SALE:

Hehehe!

enaid03
11-06-14, 02:29 PM
Then last week, no update, and the reason that we were free to work on the Halloween Event felt bogus to me as we got all of our citizens dressed up for a Halloween party, then no party, even though some speculated that they might be waiting to spring a surprise party on us for Halloween, that didn't happen.

I was really disappointed that there was no update last week. TL has to realize some of us finished relatively early with the Halloween event. I for one collected from stuff I do not normally collect to contribute to the community goal.

I am happy with the size and shape of the prizes from the event, along with the fact that they do something, and that they aren't decorations. Although the HH5 is nice, it will not drop anything for me because I'm maxed on those items. I'm sure lots of players are too. So it would seem that expansions are long overdue, along with Kaz returning. I feel like we go down one story line, stop, and wait. No closure.

We are not talking a huge time commitment to post a simple update message.

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:30 PM
Yeah, as I think someone mentioned, I feel like we are being punished for something but no one told me what it is. Abandonded? Yeah. The Community Event was so awesome, the artwork mostly fit in with my Kingdom decor, no more neon or slime and only one outsized decoration, the caldron, and I was starting to feel there might be a change back to the better days.

And the happy go lucky banter of the mods was replaced with warnings not to get off topic if we even mentioned something related that we were happy about. I felt almost afraid to post.

Now I feel like we have been totally abandonded. No Kaz. No hints. I haven't been to my Kingdom today, and not sure I want to. I get the eerie feeling I might go there and find my animals all feet up and weeds growing in my farmland.

Just kidding, but I do worry about the future of this game and the abandonment by the Mods. Hope that by the time I post this, there is a new update out and I have a Quest Book again.

I see there is not a word yet. Thanks SpiritWind for trying to get an answer for us!

LOL on the Kingdom for Sale! I needed that smile!

Couldn't but LOL almost showering my ipad with coffee, reading your post, especially the nighmarish yet so hilarious imagery, of your abandonned kingdom.Thanks for the laughs, I needed them :)

I worry about the game as well, maybe we're over-reacting, but I suppose we're passionate about this game.
There's nothing like it out there, so please TL, don't abandon us, ;)

zoeee87
11-06-14, 02:34 PM
This is weird...

midsom
11-06-14, 02:35 PM
The TL team better come up with an explanation, and it better be better than the whole team being sick before I buy any more gems. That was the worst excuse out, the whole team was sick, how are they going to earn the revenue to pay their wages if we don't have the incentive to buy gems? It is after all a business.

mikado86
11-06-14, 02:39 PM
This community has been quite spoiled

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:40 PM
I was really disappointed that there was no update last week. TL has to realize some of us finished relatively early with the Halloween event. I for one collected from stuff I do not normally collect to contribute to the community goal.

I am happy with the size and shape of the prizes from the event, along with the fact that they do something, and that they aren't decorations. Although the HH5 is nice, it will not drop anything for me because I'm maxed on those items. I'm sure lots of players are too. So it would seem that expansions are long overdue, along with Kaz returning. I feel like we go down one story line, stop, and wait. No closure.

We are not talking a huge time commitment to post a simple update message.

I was not disappointed last week about the no-update, since I could imagine not all of us finished before time, and just continued to help towards the prize. Same here for HH, but I like it and it is not going into storage lol.

Yes I was expecting an update with Kaz returning!
Maybe we got spoiled, because I read somewhere that updates didn't happen every week at the start of the game.
I started playing March/April 2013 since then, I remember an update at least every fortnight.

All I want is a confirmation or negation, as simple as that.

cloudsail
11-06-14, 02:43 PM
Before the weekly updates there used to not be an update for months.
Chill people.

belbar22
11-06-14, 02:44 PM
Whilst it is disappointing not to have an update, we have just completed a major event and it looks like there are new fortunes which are likely to be triggered after a couple of collections. I sometimes wonder if we behave like spoilt kids who don't get what we want when we don't get an update. Having said that it would be nice to be kept informed. I also have no goals in my book to work on and would like to have a fresh set of goals.

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 02:44 PM
It is bizarre that there is no word at all.

enaid03
11-06-14, 02:46 PM
Maybe we got spoiled, because I read somewhere that updates didn't happen every week at the start of the game.

There was a huge gap in updates a while ago. It really seemed CS was over. Admins changed, we started getting regular updates, and more importantly communication.

So going through this drought of communication and updates again is a bit worrisome.

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:52 PM
Whilst it is disappointing not to have an update, we have just completed a major event and it looks like there are new fortunes which are likely to be triggered after a couple of collections. I sometimes wonder if we behave like spoilt kids who don't get what we want when we don't get an update. Having said that it would be nice to be kept informed. I also have no goals in my book to work on and would like to have a fresh set of goals.

Have you gotten a pop up about the Fortune Teller tent?! Because I got nothing until now!
I suppose, because we are passionate about CS, we are behaving like spoiled brats lol, but then again confirming or negating an update doesn't take much time does it?!
Let's consider it a good PR on behalf of TL lol. ;)
Yep No Goals' book for me either!
I think there's no update, or TL staff would have posted something already.

Liloze
11-06-14, 02:55 PM
So going through this drought of communication and updates again is a bit worrisome.

Totally agree !

midsom
11-06-14, 02:57 PM
Have you gotten a pop up about the Fortune Teller tent?! Because I got nothing until now!
I suppose, because we are passionate about CS, we are behaving like spoiled brats lol, but then again confirming or negating an update doesn't take much time does it?!

No not spoilt brats how about let down clients, it wouldn't have taken a staff member of TL one minute to post that there would be no update, you forget this is a business, some of us pay for gems. Good manners would be good PR.

dragon2046
11-06-14, 02:59 PM

No I have not received a pop up regarding new fortunes. I do have the sticky fortune still open though so I don't know if that's why I haven't received the notification or not.

Liloze
11-06-14, 03:04 PM
No not spoilt brats how about let down clients, it wouldn't have taken a staff member of TL one minute to post that there would be no update, you forget this is a business, some of us pay for gems. Good manners would be good PR.

Actually no I did not forget it is a business for them, I pay for my gems as well, and that is why I said taking the the time to post a confirmation or negation is considered a good PR. :)
Maybe I didn't phrase my post clearly ? :confused:

belbar22
11-06-14, 03:06 PM

On my daughters account which i only use once a day for gifting purposes it popped up about the new fortunes. As I already had my pop ups on my active games it hasn't popped up yet.

Liloze
11-06-14, 03:06 PM
No I have not received a pop up regarding new fortunes. I do have the sticky fortune still open though so I don't know if that's why I haven't received the notification or not.

I closed the sticky fortune like 2 months ago, so no it is not why you did not get it.
Maybe it will pop up for us tomorrow, who knows? ;)

Liloze
11-06-14, 03:18 PM

I finished with the Sticky Fortune about 2 months ago, so I don't think it is the reason.
Maybe different time zones?! who knows. :)

Oops got posted twice lol

On my daughters account which i only use once a day for gifting purposes it popped up about the new fortunes. As I already had my pop ups on my active games it hasn't popped up yet.

I just checked my game still no notification, maybe will get tomorrow who knows ?! :)

vednir
11-06-14, 03:31 PM
It seems many people forgot that there used to be months before new content was released. So if there is no update you can:

1. Work on any existing goals
2. Restock on everything for the next time-limited event
3. Max out your faerie building supplies

kooky panda
11-06-14, 03:36 PM
I just checked my game still no notification, maybe will get tomorrow who knows ?! :)

If you had already opened your game before the new fortunes were added, you will still have the new fortunes, but you will not see the pop up until tomorrow.

brenstal
11-06-14, 03:37 PM
It's weird that a moderator didn't post anything about there not being an update, since they're usually pretty good about letting us know. But this can be good, because I needed to build up my supplies anyway.

kooky panda
11-06-14, 03:48 PM
Mod Spiritwind did post earlier that she would check on the updates.

I have also put in a request to see if the new Fortunes is the only update this week.

Also guys, keep in mind that on most forums developers usually never show up on the forum. Their job is to design the games. When the developers come on to talk to us, they doing this on their own personal time.

I feel that we have been very lucky having weekly updates. There may be times when we skip a week or maybe two, but there are still tons of things to do in the game to prepare for the next updates.

Glimmergate did let us know last week that the team was sick and they are playing catch up, so lets all give them a little break.

Once the mods or CMs get any firm information on updates, we will jump on and let you guys know.

PurpleScorpion76
11-06-14, 03:53 PM
I've only been playing since May and have only just started to look forward to the updates. I didn't know a time without them, hence I almost expect them to be there. I still have plenty of goals left but now about to be at the Glimmergate and dragon bottleneck. I don't classified myself as spoilt but if you get used to something you miss it when it's not there.

Consequently I've busied myself this evening upgrading buildings, sending items to the magic forge which I held on to as I didn't want to use my resources before a potential update.

I'm lucky at the moment as I still have things to do but I don't relish the day I'm waiting for an update because there is nothing else to do.

brenstal
11-06-14, 04:03 PM
Yeah, we are really lucky to have the great moderators and game developers we have. I love that about this game. I only mentioned it because of how prompt they usually are. I don't even mean for it to come off as a complaint, because I'm perfectly content to wait until next week.

ETA: Also, we did get a update on the Halloween quest on a Friday, which was probably because it was a timed event. But it would be cool to get confirmation there is no update this week, just to be sure.

Liloze
11-06-14, 04:19 PM
If you had already opened your game before the new fortunes were added, you will still have the new fortunes, but you will not see the pop up until tomorrow.

Thanks :) Are we going to have the fortune in the Goals' book like last time ? !

infinitelove19
11-06-14, 04:42 PM
Perhaps we (and the developers) are getting a break this week, before starting into something for Thanksgiving....
I was hoping for an update, too, though.
Ah, so it goes. ;-)

mamareader02
11-06-14, 04:49 PM

I have also put in a request to see if the new Fortunes is the only update this week.

Also guys, keep in mind that on most forums developers usually never show up on the forum. Their job is to design the games. When the developers come on to talk to us, they doing this on their own personal time.

I feel that we have been very lucky having weekly updates. There may be times when we skip a week or maybe two, but there are still tons of things to do in the game to prepare for the next updates.

Glimmergate did let us know last week that the team was sick and they are playing catch up, so lets all give them a little break.

Once the mods or CMs get any firm information on updates, we will jump on and let you guys know.

Lol,ok,I know when Kooky starts shaking a finger at us it's time to chill,I will go sit in my chair in the corner now!(dang kooky,you are first class at guilt trips!:)

Robkendy
11-06-14, 06:09 PM
Anyone notice stormie's castle yet? It has changed. Part of update plans?

zoeee87
11-06-14, 06:15 PM
Anyone notice stormie's castle yet? It has changed. Part of update plans?

Looks like the castle was changed to the Queens Court, and some newer building were added!

CLOVERKAITO
11-06-14, 06:20 PM
Before the weekly updates there used to not be an update for months.
Chill people.

Exactly.

Robkendy
11-06-14, 06:32 PM
Looks like the castle was changed to the Queens Court, and some newer building were added!

This has to mean something. Updating stormie to current content and mabey will expand his kingdom next week?

ginourmous
11-06-14, 07:22 PM
I always wondered why STORMIE'S CASTLE never showed anything cool on it. I always believed that they should show all the building that are available and look very cool... And if STORMIE had to fit all the buildings that we need in his kingdom... Stormie would be getting us some EXPANSIONS very fast. ;-)

enaid03
11-06-14, 07:26 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any new buildings at Stormie's.

kooky panda
11-06-14, 07:54 PM
Lol,ok,I know when Kooky starts shaking a finger at us it's time to chill,I will go sit in my chair in the corner now!(dang kooky,you are first class at guilt trips!:)

No shaking the finger!!! LOL. I love how passionate everyone is about the game. I have also been known to be lurking around the forum on Thursday afternoon! ( I normally am off
working at my real job in the afternoon).
Sorry but I have not heard anything about updates so I am going to assume probably not this week. I like to think they are hard working on some exciting holiday updates !!

kimberly0822
11-06-14, 08:48 PM
Stormies is a mess right now...a possible remodel? Gonna have to keep an eye on her, she always gets the best stuff first! Now that halloween is over I've gone back to my regular look, but looking forward to what might be in store for the holidays. Wishing now that i hadn't chopped down my christamas trees from last year, but unfortunately i needed the space.

gilachaya
11-06-14, 10:40 PM
I had completed all the previous fortunes. I sped upy fortune teller twice and got a new fortune: The shiny fortune / beat up two monsters. Fang beasts counted but dire boars did not. The reward was silver ore. The screen went by too quickly for me to see how many.

SpiritWind00
11-06-14, 11:09 PM
I had completed all the previous fortunes. I sped upy fortune teller twice and got a new fortune: The shiny fortune / beat up two monsters. Fang beasts counted but dire boars did not. The reward was silver ore. The screen went by too quickly for me to see how many.

thanks for that. As soon as the new Fortune Teller tent thread is posted by TL, we'll update the posts with the details of what the fortunes are.

EBJW
11-06-14, 11:16 PM

We are not unreasonable people (I hope). It's just: when you're used to something and things change it would ne nice and better for the stress-level if there's information regarding it!

We are used to a weekly update. Yes, a luxury maybe, but is has become a routine. And I think why most of us are upset about: we do understand when something has come up (sickness, changing in staff.etc.), but inform people!!
The least staff could have done is inform the moderators, so they can inform the forum...

dragoniakingdom
11-07-14, 12:32 AM
Just my thoughts,but having just had a huge world event for Halloween & with Thankgiving (at least in the US),plus Christmas coming up,I can well understand that the staff may well be working flat out on these.

Weekly updates are nice,but I am quite happy to wait for the next update,even if it is a few weeks away. I still have 2 plots of land left to expand to,so will be working on expansion tickets.

tywin111
11-07-14, 02:00 AM
Some fortune teller tent shows up in my game. Not enough gems to buy it now.

PurpleScorpion76
11-07-14, 04:12 AM
I got the 'new fortunes added' pop up. As I've only just done one fortune I'm nowhere near to the latest update. But it's here.

mnjcafe
11-07-14, 04:16 AM
I didn't get the pop up for the new fortunes at the Fortune Teller until this morning, which one of the mods already mentioned would happen if you already had the game open yesterday. It is pretty disappointing to log in and see so many pages of complaints from people, even when others had already posted that there did seem to be a Fortune Teller update.

Just my thoughts,but having just had a huge world event for Halloween & with Thankgiving (at least in the US), plus Christmas coming up, I can well understand that the staff may well be working flat out on these.

Exactly!

PurpleScorpion76
11-07-14, 05:18 AM
I didn't get the pop up for the new fortunes at the Fortune Teller until this morning, which one of the mods already mentioned would happen if you already had the game open yesterday. It is pretty disappointing to log in and see so many pages of complaints from people, even when others had already posted that there did seem to be a Fortune Teller update.

I think it's more that there was no confirmation from a mod or developer, either a yes or a no would have sufficed, doesn't take two seconds to post a message or email a mod.

Many of us save our every, timed for the updates, wait to do certain things before we know whether there is an update.

I myself was also trying to work out if there was an update at 6pm, 7pm or 8pm because of the daylight saving changes. And I've never know an update being delayed because I had the game already open?!? It seems my update came in after 8 am which is the usual time I get the barons updates before daylight savings. Now the times have completely confused me. Confusion could have been eased with a simple message. I'm sure they are all rather busy with Thanksgiving and Christmas and we'll be very grateful to see their accomplishments. A lot of people pay for their work and have come to expect a message or update or both.

meme1098
11-07-14, 07:33 AM
The pop ups will show up the next day after reset. 12 am TL time, I think. That's Pacific Standard Time if you need to convert. Kooky has posted a time converter link but can't find it right now. Here it is: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
The update was out on Thursday but the pop up didn't show up for it until Friday. I saw it when I opened my game this morning.

vednir
11-07-14, 09:17 AM
I always wondered why STORMIE'S CASTLE never showed anything cool on it. I always believed that they should show all the building that are available and look very cool... And if STORMIE had to fit all the buildings that we need in his kingdom... Stormie would be getting us some EXPANSIONS very fast. ;-)

The intention behind Stormie not showing everything was to allow lower powered devices to display the kingdom.

big_d_29063
11-07-14, 09:21 AM
We are not unreasonable people (I hope). It's just: when you're used to something and things change it would ne nice and better for the stress-level if there's information regarding it!

We are used to a weekly update. Yes, a luxury maybe, but is has become a routine. And I think why most of us are upset about: we do understand when something has come up (sickness, changing in staff.etc.), but inform people!!
The least staff could have done is inform the moderators, so they can inform the forum...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well said, EBJW.

newzealander
11-07-14, 10:25 AM

While I respect your opinion here, I'm not sure that it's right to speak on behalf of "most of us", saying we are upset. Myself and two of my neighbours were talking about how we appreciate a re-stocking break. Also there are thousands out there not on Level 50, with plenty to do, who don't even notice there's no update. So, while I am sure there are plenty that feel as you do, perhaps it's best not to assume that "most of us" feel as you do. Just my 5 cents worth.

azriX2012
11-07-14, 11:07 AM
While I respect your opinion here, I'm not sure that it's right to speak on behalf of "most of us", saying we are upset. Myself and two of my neighbours were talking about how we appreciate a re-stocking break. Also there are thousands out there not on Level 50, with plenty to do, who don't even notice there's no update. So, while I am sure there are plenty that feel as you do, perhaps it's best not to assume that "most of us" feel as you do. Just my 5 cents worth.

I agree with you. I too appreciate a re-stocking break.

EBJW
11-07-14, 02:18 PM

To make myself clear:
why most of us who are upset are upset about is....

And my point was about the lack of communication, not as much no update!

enaid03
11-07-14, 03:13 PM
....why most of us who are upset are upset about is....

......communication!

BINGO!

I'm happy for those who can use the time to restock. I used the Halloween event to do so, sending 3x adventures per day.

I appreciate the heads up when there is no update or a delay (as in the recent illness, etc). I'm sure TL has to realize some of us do some crazy things around update time, which wouldn't be done if we knew there was no update.

Since there is silence this week, I'm going to hope for the notion that they have some fantastic thanksgiving and holiday season events in the works.

SpiritWind00
11-07-14, 04:53 PM
Duplicated post:

The update this week is new fortunes from the Fortune Tent. the main thread has now been updated with the names of the new fortunes. We now just have to work out now what they do!

Am closing related threads now as the update has been confirmed by PikaSquirrel.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller-UPDATED-11-7-14