PDA

View Full Version : Glimmerdust trove, faerie flowerbed or magic fruit tree?

CharmOfLea
11-05-14, 01:08 PM
Hello CS community! Need advice please. I've been under the gem trap spell for over a week now. Have enough now. Decided I'd spend the rest of them all so I don't have to feel the sting of involuntarily spending gems anymore. I'm level 31, so what do u think would be my best bet for the future:
- glimmerdust trove
- faerie flowerbed
- magic fruit tree?
I know there are some heavy duty quests laying ahead of me and I'd greatly appreciate ur advice! Thank u xoxo

8hat
11-05-14, 02:37 PM
Magic Fruit Tree- buy only if you plan to frequently do the exchange for energy. You'll need a few magic fruit for some quests along the way but the Magic Garden should provide enough for those. I had been doing the exchange regularly but now I am restocking my cooking supplies from some recent questing.
Faerie Flowerbed-you'll get one of these but it's after the Blythwood Sapling when you get to do all the recent stuff (I'm still in the Mad Tea Party and I haven't had mine long). It drops all sorts of petals and Faerie related items. If you don't have a good source of the different colored petals this would be good to have sooner than later. And it's tiny; only 1 square so it doesn't take up much space.
Glimmerdust Trove -Early on I had only 1 of these from an Adventure and recently felt the pinch on keeping the glimmerdust flowing so I bought another. Then I had done several of the Dark Caves Adventure and got 3 more. If you want one of the other items more then just get this one from the Adventure.
Hope this helps.

PurpleScorpion76
11-05-14, 03:30 PM
I would go with Glimmerfust trove.

As above Magic Fruit is used for a few quests but I started to accumulate more magic fruit than I needed gathered around 30 before any were needed and then only 5 or 6 were I'm now at around 70 magic fruit and as the energy trade is for 60 strawberries, 40 glimmerbulbs and 6 magic fruit that's 105 energy for 15 energy back so I've started to use the energy trade for timed and update quests so making sure at every update there is enough to boost my energy once. At around 90 I may start to do an energy trade once a week to not max on fruit. I also think that these trades give me trade tickets for expansions so when I get to around 90 I will start thinking of trade tickets more than loss of energy. Only a few ways to get trade tickets.

Glimmerdust is always needed in so many ways I caved and bought a trove shortly after I got one from an adventure haven't regretted it though if I start to max I just stop tapping until I've made some super glue or something.

I can't comment on faerie flowerebed as I don't have one yet. But I think you make one in a quest I'm not there yet so someone should confirm, but think I read it somewhere.

Liloze
11-05-14, 04:37 PM
I would go with Glimmerfust trove.

As above Magic Fruit is used for a few quests but I started to accumulate more magic fruit than I needed gathered around 30 before any were needed and then only 5 or 6 were I'm now at around 70 magic fruit and as the energy trade is for 60 strawberries, 40 glimmerbulbs and 6 magic fruit that's 105 energy for 15 energy back so I've started to use the energy trade for timed and update quests so making sure at every update there is enough to boost my energy once. At around 90 I may start to do an energy trade once a week to not max on fruit. I also think that these trades give me trade tickets for expansions so when I get to around 90 I will start thinking of trade tickets more than loss of energy. Only a few ways to get trade tickets.

Glimmerdust is always needed in so many ways I caved and bought a trove shortly after I got one from an adventure haven't regretted it though if I start to max I just stop tapping until I've made some super glue or something.

I can't comment on faerie flowerebed as I don't have one yet. But I think you make one in a quest I'm not there yet so someone should confirm, but think I read it somewhere.

If you want expansion permits from the Royal trade, do the dairy exchange ( Milk /eggs) and the 10 energy Trade ( fish / roast / and bacon) these you can get everyday from the hatchery and the stable, I never do the Fruits trade it is not worth it !
I am level fifty and have 5 Glimmerdust troves, yet I am thinking of buying another one :) Glimmerdust is always needed, You have backed the right horse :) Did I mention it is ALWAYS needed lol
Good luck :)

roguebee
11-05-14, 08:36 PM
Of the three choices you listed, I'd vote for the glimmerdust trove. I bought one early on as I was tired of collecting mushrooms and hoping for some. At least this way you can get some several times a day and you can stockpile when not actively needing the dust.

Gweo
11-06-14, 06:34 AM
Just never press in the center of your screen and say goodbye to gem trap.

Chaotarch
11-06-14, 07:07 AM
fearie flowerbed, cuz it drops various pedals, pile of seeds and faeries murmur.

not the fruit tree.
the trove is nice, but if you send your knights out for dark cave, youll get it.

EBJW
11-06-14, 08:01 AM
fearie flowerbed, cuz it drops various pedals, pile of seeds and faeries murmur.

not the fruit tree.
the trove is nice, but if you send your knights out for dark cave, youll get it.

I agree: I have 12 troves, 11 of them were a gift from knights...

I have now 3 of them in my kingdom, but I don't collect from them very often.
I don't mind collecting from the mushroom circles: I can always use the mushrooms, and some extra glimmerdust is welcome.

I'd take the flowerbed as well. What they give is harder to get by (especially the murmur).

enaid03
11-06-14, 08:39 AM
My two cents.

The flowerbed. I recently bought my second one. Well worth it once you get into the fairy quest line.

I have 6 troves, all from quests. I never collect from them. At my point in the game, I need far more mushrooms, so the glimmerdust drop is a bonus. I want to say old logs or dead wood also drops. I like the going for the main item and getting a secondary drop as a bonus.

The fruit tree - I've been maxed on fruit for well over a year. As you will find in other threads, the trade requiring fruit isn't really worth it. I did buy the tree, not really sure why, but I only collected from it twice.

Liloze
11-06-14, 09:22 AM
The faerie flowerbed will be given by the goal, faerie murmur drop from the faerie respite, and the tea party as well, glimmerdust is almost needed in everything,
Some are lucky to get it from the adventures, I only got one glimmerdust tove from adventures ( do both daily from barracks and Queen's keep for months now, not a single one dropped for me since the goal ) the rest I bought.
Depends where you are in your goals and you need more Glimmerdust or faerie murmurs.
I bought the fruit Tree because I liked it lol, am always maxed out on the magic fruit.

mikado86
11-06-14, 02:53 PM
Noone is worth it glimmerdust trove you can get it quite often from adventures, I got over a dozen, faerie flowerbed you get one for crafting while doing quests, and even if you get to the faerie workshop questline and need additional mumur's, they wont be the hardest thing to comeby, many things drop them, Fey Crystals on the otherhand, will continue to halt your faerie workshop production, so they are useless as well, magic fruit tree dont even get me started with this one, only a handful of quests use the fruits, and the trade uses just so many additional materials that the energy that provides once finished is useless, just save your gems

Anaboe
11-06-14, 03:32 PM
None of the above.

But all depends on what you already have. Magic fruit isn't much needed, so I consider it a waste of gems, glimmerdust troves come from adventuring and the Faerie Teaparty (almost 50% of the time, and with 1 hour cool-down, that's not a bad source, and from mushrooms (especially red mushroom circles). You will also get a Faerie Flowerbed from a quest lying ahead of you: I'm never short on Murmur.

I'd buy the pergola or reindeer stables - or 2. Tho they take a long time (16h), they do give products that not only require kitchen-time, but also a lot of energy (1 sugar requires at least 4 hour growing time from sugar cane, 5 energy for harvesting sugar cane, 15 minutes kitchen time and 1 energy collecting). And the Pergola can give a complete feast.

But, if you don't have 2 Wizard Schools already, that's the one you should buy :)

EBJW
11-06-14, 10:58 PM
I agree: I have 12 troves, 11 of them were a gift from knights...

Just received another glimmerdust trove... From the Ancient Vault-adventure...

It shows also how weird and unfair (in my opinion) randomness is: some people get none, I have 13 now...
We desperately need a trading place!