PDA

View Full Version : My App Won't OPEN!!!

LastBloomingFlower
11-04-14, 10:10 PM
So I have one of the first generation iPads and the past two days I have not been able to access Castle Story. It keeps exiting out before it even loads!! I have been shutting down my iPad and retrying it as well as made sure no other apps were running in the background. I'm level 43 and a diehard fan-- this is ****ing me! What should I do!!??:confused:

venicej
11-04-14, 10:35 PM
So I have one of the first generation iPads and the past two days I have not been able to access Castle Story. It keeps exiting out before it even loads!! I have been shutting down my iPad and retrying it as well as made sure no other apps were running in the background. I'm level 43 and a diehard fan-- this is ****ing me! What should I do!!??:confused:
I am not able to open castle story. Have had the same problem on and off for a couple weeks. Now nothing. Have deleted and reloaded and nothing!!!!! PLEASE FIX!!!!!

ShibuyaCloth
11-04-14, 11:54 PM
I have also a first gen iPad, but here what I do:

1) **** all active applications, only CS must run
2) when in the game, remove ALL decoration and building not needed for the current quests
3) Zoom in to the max to avoid overloading the screen
4) Do only one type of action at time. Don't harvest and give production orders, this will crash the game. Play slowly.

Shutting down the iPad won't help. It is a memory issue. The iPad has not enough memory to handle the game at its full potential.

SpiritWind00
11-05-14, 01:04 AM
My family has iPad 1 as well which has CS on it (not my game) and definitely cleaning out the memory will help a lot. I uploaded all photos and removed them from the iPad. I also deleted any app not being used. Check in settings to find out which other ones are big memory hoggers. I cleaned out all cookies and history from safari (I was trying everything!) and closed off all tabs in Safari too after bookmarking which ones I wanted easy access to later. Make sure you have force closed every other game, even CS when you're finished playing.

This at least helped me open the game. Do what is suggested above once you're in the game. The reality is that ipad1's just aren't supported by many apps and they will soon be obsolete. The more CS evolves the harder it will be purely due to your device.

55lee55
11-05-14, 01:08 PM
Have you updated to the lates iOS? My hubby has one of the first iPads, not sure which one, but none of his Apps were working. It took him over four hours to download and install the update, then many hours to update every App he had.

He doesn't play games, and CS was not an issue, but as has been suggested, the hardware is obsolete and will soon be unsupported if it is already not there. Unfortunately we will all need to upgrade our devices eventually, not due to CS or any other single App, but because of technological advances which will render our top of the line devices when we bought them, ready to send for recycling.

meme1098
11-05-14, 01:26 PM
See what you can get as trade-in for it towards a new one. I think BB is having a promotion now giving $200 trade in. I upgraded my iPad and try to do that every year or so. It's worth it so the technology doesn't become obsolete.

callietwin43@icloud.com
11-05-14, 01:31 PM
My game home design is still saying processing! It got fixed about a week or so ago but is stuck again. And I'm not even at my house! My house is CJs ranch and storm ID is calliescrib. Please help me!!!

meme1098
11-05-14, 01:33 PM
My game home design is still saying processing! It got fixed about a week or so ago but is stuck again. And I'm not even at my house! My house is CJs ranch and storm ID is calliescrib. Please help me!!!

Have you sent an email to support? You might try posting in the Home Design thread. This is Castle Story.

Support@teamlava.com

callietwin43@icloud.com
11-05-14, 01:36 PM
Please help me get into home design? Huge fan!!! Can't stand that it's stuck! Please help me!!!!

friscosharkboy
11-06-14, 11:23 AM
As weird as it might seem, sometimes if I play a game of Cupcake Mania, then my Castle Story will open. Clearing the Safari cache and history, then turning off the iPad also sometimes works.