PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Update: Porkupine 11-7-14

kooky panda
11-04-14, 07:31 PM
17 Hours

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16511&d=1415391723&thumb=1 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16511&d=1415391723)

http://media.tumblr.com/fd92d19a5ab4e990a94dab81304b97c4/tumblr_inline_nejejqQXTQ1qm7yoc.png
This Creature takes cute to a whole new level and loves to cuddle. Be sure to lay his quills flat before giving him a hug. Welcome the Porkupine to Fantasy Forest Story (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)!

FridayFarms
11-04-14, 07:32 PM
That is so cute!

my607
11-04-14, 07:40 PM
Another electric animal

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 07:43 PM
Kooky, another one? Where are we going to put him? I have to sell one to accommodate another.
*** sign ***

zenobia42
11-04-14, 07:45 PM
Another porker? LMFAO!

He's REALLY adorable. I want one. :)

Crr008
11-04-14, 07:52 PM
He's so cute!

MelodicStars
11-04-14, 09:03 PM
*sigh* TL is rushing with the animals again :/ couldn't they have waited to release the porcupine next week? Oh well, at least it's cute :)

Edit: Nvm it's not released yet (sorry I didn't notice) but with the event just finished and a whole bunch of new animals released during that time, I hope they could still continue to slow down a little with the new releases.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 09:11 PM
im honestly hoping we'll have some expansions on Friday

dumbpluff
11-04-14, 09:11 PM
i definitely agree with chocolate-- a bit of a wait would've been amazing. we've got a pile of critters we haven't had much time at all to get to. it's great this fella will be sticking around for a while, so there's no hurry to get him, but it feels like we've been beaten with a sack of new animals lmao. the term 'new release' is going to give people heart failure soon enough.

'no! no more!'

this is especially true with the issue of there being such little space to put them at the moment.

infinitelove19
11-04-14, 11:15 PM
Ooh, what a cutie! Thinking electric/nature rare hybrid? Give me another excuse to try for Sphinx come Friday.

Would love some more space though. I've been maxed on bombs for weeks & every inch of ground is covered. Am currently considering selling a farm to build another habitat, but view that as a last resort. Especially since if we have another community event, I will need my farms for that.
((((On topic since if we breed a new animal we have to have space to house him or her!!!))))

flowless
11-04-14, 11:33 PM
Very very cute love it

SANDSCApe
11-05-14, 02:33 AM
Nolite mittere margaritas ante porcos.

The swine artist strikes again! Help me keep track:
Frankenswine
Arboar
Razorback
Porkupine...
Did I miss any?

A2TUDE
11-05-14, 03:42 AM
ok i think an expansion would be great this week we really need more room the bunch of trees on the lower isles are calling to be chopped dont you think the room there is so ideal!!!!

kita_drisk
11-05-14, 09:44 AM
ok i think an expansion would be great this week we really need more room the bunch of trees on the lower isles are calling to be chopped dont you think the room there is so ideal!!!!

I agree that an expansion soon would be a good idea, from everyone talking about being pressed for room. I'm just about to clear out my last corner of the upper island yet, and haven't needed to create more habitats *quite yet* but could see how other players are cramped at this point.

zenobia42
11-05-14, 10:44 AM
i definitely agree with chocolate-- a bit of a wait would've been amazing. we've got a pile of critters we haven't had much time at all to get to. it's great this fella will be sticking around for a while, so there's no hurry to get him, but it feels like we've been beaten with a sack of new animals lmao. the term 'new release' is going to give people heart failure soon enough.

'no! no more!'

this is especially true with the issue of there being such little space to put them at the moment.

Including this cutie, since 9/30, there have been 18 new types of creatures introduced.

EIGHTEEN!!!

I'm sorry but that is INSANE. Why should I bother even trying to keep up with that?!?!?!?

my607
11-05-14, 11:08 AM
Including this cutie, since 9/30, there have been 18 new types of creatures introduced.

EIGHTEEN!!!

I'm sorry but that is INSANE. Why should I bother even trying to keep up with that?!?!?!?
It's too many animals now I'm missing 11 ruby can't get until crystal

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 11:08 AM
And god forbid Regina or Kooky tell us when to expect the next expansions just so we may readjust things around a bit. If it's in the next 2 weeks, I won't sell anymore rares or supers. But if it's in 2 months, maybe I'll sell the big habitats, switch on small ones to make more room.
An estimated time will be greatly appreciated

Aernak
11-05-14, 02:13 PM
This makes me even less upset that I missed the Skeletal Dragon. LOL. :)

TS is just going to keep cranking these new critters out. They're making it so that we cannot have complete collections without buying Grand Habitats. I am no longer interested in collecting every animal, because I can clearly see the direction that this game is heading.

Anyways - Good luck to everyone trying to breed this lil fella - he is cuuuuute. :) I hope I get one soon. :)

Aernak
11-05-14, 02:40 PM
And god forbid Regina or Kooky tell us when to expect the next expansions just so we may readjust things around a bit. If it's in the next 2 weeks, I won't sell anymore rares or supers. But if it's in 2 months, maybe I'll sell the big habitats, switch on small ones to make more room.

Don't blame the forum mods. They don't have this sort of information.

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 03:05 PM
Don't blame the forum mods. They don't have this sort of information.

Either that or they aren't allowed to disclose this info.

kooky panda
11-05-14, 03:49 PM

I do not know about Regina, but I can tell you , that I do not get advanced game information. :( You guys normally know before I do!

Let's get back to the topic of the Porkupine!

There are other threads where you can discuss expansions.:)

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the response. Let's hope Regina has some news for us.

Aernak
11-05-14, 05:22 PM

I dont how about TL, but I was a Zynga mod for 2 years and we did not ever have advance knowledge of release dates and those sorts of things.

Crr008
11-05-14, 06:10 PM
kooky, I appreciate you posting what you do know. This guide is terribly cute.

dumbpluff
11-05-14, 07:36 PM

EIGHTEEN!!!

seriously!! that is a BIG, BIIIG number of critters. i still really want to keep up with it - and i didn't even start playing that late! i think i started maybe a month or two into the game's life, but it's so hard. and once you get hung up on something (in my case, frankenswine, in probably 99% of everyone else's cases, the unicorn or emerald), that's it. that's your game over. 8'( because by then there will be about four or five new ones while you're still working on that individual creature.

it's incredibly, incredibly unfair and my enthusiasm for getting everyone has dwindled soooo much. as said, i am still into it, but! it's like looking at a mountain after you just crossed a desert. the amount of 'nope' is off the charts.

rest in peace to everyone just starting their forests.

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 07:54 PM
I dont how about TL, but I was a Zynga mod for 2 years and we did not ever have advance knowledge of release dates and those sorts of things.

Thanks. I really appreciate your input.

DragonMoon006
11-05-14, 08:11 PM
Ah..so the Porkupine is finally out..I thought TL was going to name the mysterious GemFire creature as Ruby Porkupine when they feature it in the Thorilla BOSS battle instead of RubyRazorback..haha close anyway.

On the side..I hope they 'll use creatures like Phoenix or Peacock in future Gem-Water as Sapphire Phoenix/Peacock. That would be SOOOOO beautiful, graceful and elegant and befits a Gem creature.

55lee55
11-05-14, 08:24 PM
Is this one going to be non-breedable like the Steamtrunk?

Will we be given the stats on the ability to breed before we invest in either trying to breed for this one or Battle to win it?

This would be helpful information to have ahead of time. Thanks!

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:08 PM
Anyone one has info on breeding time?

cquinn32
11-07-14, 01:10 PM
Just got 21hrs with leopard/thunderhawk

rodribeirorj
11-07-14, 01:12 PM
It's 17 hrs
Same as Eagle Beagle

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 01:12 PM
It's 17 hrs
Same as Eagle Beagle

Thanks

my607
11-07-14, 01:17 PM
Great TL always does that have a few animals with the same time.

my607
11-07-14, 01:18 PM
Just got 21hrs with leopard/thunderhawk

I thought someone said it's 17 like eagle beagle

Melis2a84
11-07-14, 01:21 PM
Here is the egg

I thought someone said it's 17 like eagle beagle

It is 17 hours breed Hun xx

my607
11-07-14, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know how long Frankenswine is here for? Besides limited time

zenobia42
11-07-14, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know how long Frankenswine is here for? Besides limited time

No clue whatsoever. I'm still feeling more than a little betrayed that they changed a regular animal to suddenly become limited. But to make matters even worse, they don't even have the decency to give us a time on it!!!

my607
11-07-14, 02:50 PM
No clue whatsoever. I'm still feeling more than a little betrayed that they changed a regular animal to suddenly become limited. But to make matters even worse, they don't even have the decency to give us a time on it!!!

That's what I exactly mean. I think a week from today. I better work on this one now plus unicorn.

my607
11-07-14, 03:00 PM

Tommorrow morning there will be a quick flash of how many days for frankenswine

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 04:37 AM
Tommorrow morning there will be a quick flash of how many days for frankenswine

I remember a timer flashing up for Frankenswine. Do not quote me, but I thought it was slightly less than four days. Three days and 20-something hours, but that was a few hours ago. Either way, if you want it, I recommend focussing on it or else chance missing out. I was lucky and got it about a week ago using eagle beagle and... something, idk. Check the frankenswine thread for ideas and good luck!

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 04:39 AM
Good to know the porkupine is 17 though, so when I get that time, I can be slightly hopeful.

I still need Storm Sphinx, too, so once my Toucan is on the nest I will try for both this & it.

Good luck everyone! :-)

my607
11-08-14, 05:51 AM
This is last on my list I need Frankenswine first then toucan and last prkupine

jim23cash
11-08-14, 06:43 AM
I got porcupine just after Toucan.
SAND: Does HedgeHOG count towards the porcine types? :D
I don't think TL is worried about everyone keeping a full album. There will be players that join in all the time, and start from wherever it is then. You can still get a full album. I started DS in February, after the first year, and I have had a nearly full album for most of this year. If we had enough habitats for me to ever clear my nests and storage, I would have most of them now. I'm short a few that I missed, but a lot of them seem to be reappearing in "Spin to win", or as short term sale and/or as Breedables. And, if you are missing a few, it's more fun to breed something that might give you a good fail, and try for more than one at a time. I've gotten almost everything trying for Unicorn (except Vinotaur! That was one of the hardest to get, and I've only gotten one. I've had 4 or 5 Ocean Owls, to compare).
Anyway, my point is, Don't give up! I've gotten a 2nd chance to breed many I thought I wouldn't get in DS.
Good Luck all! :D Annie

dragonloona
11-08-14, 08:32 AM
I got the Porkupine on my third try, and a picture of the egg below!!! Pictures of its forms coming soon!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zpsc7ffd03c.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zpsc7ffd03c.jpg.html)

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 09:08 AM
I agree that an expansion soon would be a good idea, from everyone talking about being pressed for room. I'm just about to clear out my last corner of the upper island yet, and haven't needed to create more habitats *quite yet* but could see how other players are cramped at this point.

We're getting one very soon

infinitelove19
11-08-14, 12:51 PM
We're getting one very soon

Has there been word on this?
(If so, I missed it.)

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 01:02 PM
I got the porcupine yesterday and it looks cute at level 3. I wonder if it changes form once I evolve it. If yes, I think I'll keep him at this level.

Lisa0107
11-08-14, 03:39 PM
This little guy is so cute. No luck yet but I'm working on him. I forsee many thunderhawks in my future though. But I'll keep trying! and I need my Sphinx also so maybe I'll get lucky. Good Luck everyone!

locknkey1
11-10-14, 07:52 AM
I got the porcupine yesterday and it looks cute at level 3. I wonder if it changes form once I evolve it. If yes, I think I'll keep him at this level.

hi EviBrooklyn and Dragonloona,
what combos you had used to get Porkupine ?
many thanks
bigkey

flowless
11-11-14, 01:36 AM
This cutie not getting much love
With franki at danger of disappearing
And bansheep soon to follow
And gem creater is tempting to breed now than to wait

EviBrooklyn
11-11-14, 07:03 AM
hi EviBrooklyn and Dragonloona,
what combos you had used to get Porkupine ?
many thanks
bigkey

So sorry, I don't recall what I used.

xxxe
11-11-14, 03:15 PM
I used Owl Bear and Fire Glider and got my Porker. I was trying for the Golden Lion and or the Unicorn. Out of the last 4 times I need something I got 3 new creatures I was missing. Not bad.

EviBrooklyn
11-11-14, 03:29 PM
I used Owl Bear and Fire Glider and got my Porker. I was trying for the Golden Lion and or the Unicorn. Out of the last 4 times I need something I got 3 new creatures I was missing. Not bad.

Hmmm, now we're up to something lol

xxxe
11-11-14, 04:26 PM
Hmmm, now we're up to something lol

Yes, I think we are! Lol

zenobia42
11-24-14, 03:40 PM
I got a 17-hour timer on a panda-leopard breeding and my fingers are crossed - I hope I finally get a porkupine!

zenobia42
11-25-14, 09:30 AM
It's yet another eagle beagle. :(

ArcadiaTofu
12-15-14, 10:05 AM

Never thought the day would come when I'd manage to get a Porkupine, but it happened when I bred my Emerald with a Lightning Leopard! Now I desperately need the Bansheep---just in case it becomes 'limited' too and it's one of the few new animals that has an amazing epic form, too! My Unicorn x Zapra pair is breeding an 18-hr right now, so hopefully it'll finally be the Bansheep, though I doubt my odds of breeding out two rare lightning breeds is slim to none :(

Good luck, everyone! This adorable porker is definitely worth it, imo :D

Crr008
03-05-15, 08:05 PM
FINALLY. I've wanted this one ever since it came out but with all the limited, Christmas and Valentines animals I haven't had much time to try. This week I Took a break from trying to get the Mardi Claw. First two tries I used Storm Sphynx and Eagle Beagle... No luck. I switched the order to put the Beagle first and I got the Porkupine. So very cute.