PDA

View Full Version : Sheep!!

beachinhawaii
11-04-14, 01:12 PM
CS is so cruel...... Exactly 12 hours after the Halloween event was over, I got a goal was asking me to construct 5 ROPE. Rope!! Why is this cruel? Rope is made of two materials that got depleted in the Halloween event: wool and fur. Each rope needs 12 wool and 5 fur... Which means I need 60 wool?! And I was just about to start saving my wool for the windmill that has been under construction for months. :(
I guess my question is, that I heard there is an adventure that gives a sheep as a very rare drop? Which adventure is that? :) thanks for reading!

SpiritWind00
11-04-14, 02:08 PM
The bandits one and dark caves and desert sands are your best bets for animal drops. I've got all my gem animals this way (baaaa one sheep which I bought to keep up with the wool needed). They are rare drops though. I hope you get one! It's such a good surprise when you see the box above the castle! :)

beachinhawaii
11-04-14, 02:29 PM
The bandits one and dark caves and desert sands are your best bets for animal drops. I've got all my gem animals this way (baaaa one sheep which I bought to keep up with the wool needed). They are rare drops though. I hope you get one! It's such a good surprise when you see the box above the castle! :)

I agree! I've gotten a few gem things like the lemon tree and purple cow from adventures and I hope to add to my collection! Thank you for your help!!

zenobia42
11-04-14, 03:15 PM
I got a sheep from an adventure but it was so long ago I'm afraid I do not recall which adventure it was, sorry. Probably bandits. I'm sure I didn't have desert sands available yet when I got it, and probably not dark caves yet either.

But I haven't gotten anything actually useful from an adventure for many, many weeks. I actually pretty much stopped bothering to adventure for a while. But I just opened the plume hive and I need faerie supplies so I'm regular adventuring again now that there is no more trick-or-treating to be done. :)

Back before I quiet adventuring for a while, I got a sheep, 2 maple trees, a lemon tree, 2 glimmerdust troves, and 4 dark cave formations in addition to the 9 overgrown benches and other assorted decorations.

beachinhawaii
11-04-14, 03:23 PM
I got a sheep from an adventure but it was so long ago I'm afraid I do not recall which adventure it was, sorry. Probably bandits. I'm sure I didn't have desert sands available yet when I got it, and probably not dark caves yet either.

But I haven't gotten anything actually useful from an adventure for many, many weeks. I actually pretty much stopped bothering to adventure for a while. But I just opened the plume hive and I need faerie supplies so I'm regular adventuring again now that there is no more trick-or-treating to be done. :)

Back before I quiet adventuring for a while, I got a sheep, 2 maple trees, a lemon tree, 2 glimmerdust troves, and 4 dark cave formations in addition to the 9 overgrown benches and other assorted decorations.
That is some great adventure luck. As soon as I'm done with the feral land adventures I am going to try' do you remember which one you got most of those prizes from?

zenobia42
11-04-14, 03:30 PM
That is some great adventure luck. As soon as I'm done with the feral land adventures I am going to try' do you remember which one you got most of those prizes from?

Thanks but that is over the course of about 7 months, and I used to adventure every day without fail, PLUS the barracks 3 days a week, so it's not really all that lucky over that amount to time. The dark cave formations are only from dark caves. I only started keeping track of what I got on what adventures a couple months ago. But the since then I got the lemon tree in the Desert Sands, most recent glimmerdust trove from from Roaming Bandits, and the second maple tree from Feral Lands. The last non-decoration box I got from an adventure was 2 months ago, on 9/3 I got a dark cave formation (from Dark Caves of course). Since then, nada.

vednir
11-04-14, 03:48 PM
It's extremely hit or miss so another option is to wait until there are games to install and use those gems to purchase a sheep.

zenobia42
11-04-14, 05:44 PM
I just remembered I got a bunch of orange trees on adventures, too. And a red trillium plant. Long enough ago I don't remember which adventure though.

There are lots of great things to be gotten in adventures. They are just very rare.

beachinhawaii
11-04-14, 05:50 PM
It's extremely hit or miss so another option is to wait until there are games to install and use those gems to purchase a sheep.
... But I don't know if the wool is worth spending gems for a sheep on. I once spent gems for a pink pig so I could have more truffles, but then I got sir piggles and now I have truffles galore. So I regret that gem purchase :/

roguebee
11-04-14, 06:17 PM
As long as I've been playing, a sheep is the only animal that I have not received from an adventure. I bought one ages ago and still think it is the best long term investment I've made. I collect from him every time I can so I tend to stay maxed on wool, which is a good thing as often as we need wool for the special events and quests. And you are going to need a steady source of wool once you decide to start building your windmill.

SpiritWind00
11-04-14, 06:30 PM
A sheep is a great gem purchase in my opinion. I've no regrets!

The red trillium most likely dropped from Feral lands adventure. but they are all good for drops! And yes, boxes are few and far between. But we all keep trying!

zenobia42
11-04-14, 07:31 PM
... But I don't know if the wool is worth spending gems for a sheep on. I once spent gems for a pink pig so I could have more truffles, but then I got sir piggles and now I have truffles galore. So I regret that gem purchase :/

To go with my adventure sheep, I bough a few other (plain white) sheep. Unlike some other gem purchases I've made, I've never regretted buying sheep. They are VERY useful at many points in the game.

ghjvcucjb
11-04-14, 11:02 PM
I don't think one adventure is better than another for most of the gift boxes. I do an adventure every day (only missed a handful in two years) plus barracks. All adventures mixed up depending on what feast I have enough for and the boxes randomly pop up on all of the adventures. I have around 9/10 sheep and as I recall I only paid for maybe two? But I might have gotten them through the valentine and thanksgiving events. The rest were drops from adventures. Most I keep as babies in storage (1 baby wanders around nibbling on tufts of grass). Occasionally I pull out all my babies and let them play far away from the baby dragons.

Sheep are periodically very necessary. I would try to have at least two. If you can't afford a second one then try to max out in wool in between goals. They definitely drop from adventures but are still very rare so don't count on it. Also I could be wrong but I believe wool also drops from either the hatchery or stables.

beachinhawaii
11-05-14, 12:33 AM
Yes, I get wool from the stables but it's a semi rare drop and the supply is not enough. Have only gotten 7 wool in the past 2 days. I will get a sheep, I suppose but I need to start saving up my gems. I am doing the feral lands adventure for the troll tribe so it may be a while, but I guess I can only do so much at once :/

PurpleScorpion76
11-05-14, 04:16 AM
I've only received 1 sheep from adventuring since I started playing in May now level 44. Don't remember which but I did purchase a sheep during the summer gazebo event. Fantastic investment in my opinion. Helped me get through that event and I got the rope too recently. I feel your pain though, you must have started with your current quests as soon as the Halloween event was over and like me got a quest requiring wool. I need 50 of the blighters for a net for my dragon. So my advice start collecting your wool resign yourself to knowing it will take you about a week but don't give your wool away until you know what quest is updated this week and if it takes you longer you'll have to include next weeks update in your patience. Wool is one of those items that with a 4 hour drop rate get us all asking why we didn't max out on it.

angela3737
11-05-14, 06:35 AM
Not sure which adventures I got them from (hot sauce/ dark cave is my favorite but I also do bandit often ..simple feast I sometimes put in the barracks ).. But on 1 account ,I got 6 sheep from adventurers plus 1 from the goal for thanksgiving last year ..other account I got probably around the same with the exception of I thinki have a pink one from the vday adventurer ..I usually do well with a couple of boxes a week between the 2 accounts ..about 1/4 are good stuff ( fruit trees ,cave formations ,animals )..I get tons of the campfire .carriages .statue things..which i usually sell off since my game crashes with the more I have out..but I love the animal boxes :)..all gem animals I got this way ( except with gems I did buy vday pig &chicken) on one of my accounts to help with vday adventure .

ciarjen
11-05-14, 09:05 AM
My second account is level 40 but I have had no sheep drop from adventures. Buying one with gems was well worth it but I ran out of wool in the TT event and couldn't adventure every 8 hours because of it.

My main account has 5 sheep out and I rarely collect from them.

Part of the fun of this game is buying things with gems because you need them and later finding that you don't need them :D

freesiawoods
11-08-14, 10:01 AM
I have two white and four black sheep. I think only one was bought in the early days so at least four from adventures, mainly dark caves and simple feast ones. I have been playing for a long time doing daily adventures but no barracks. I also have a pink sheep but can't remember how I got it.

tigarlilyvol
11-08-14, 11:41 AM
I have two white and four black sheep. I think only one was bought in the early days so at least four from adventures, mainly dark caves and simple feast ones. I have been playing for a long time doing daily adventures but no barracks. I also have a pink sheep but can't remember how I got it.

Valentine's day we could get all things pink including animals but I don't remember how they were obtained. I have pink sheep, cows, and chickens

beachinhawaii
11-08-14, 01:06 PM
I only have enough gems for either an orange tree or a sheep, not both... I have quite a few quests requiring oranges (daddy thurston, orange cobbler, and after that the cooking caravan) and quite a few needing wool as well so it is hard :/ which one would you all get first? And which one do you think I'll more likely get in adventures? Sir piggy and the Halloween cow have kept me super stocked on apples but for some reason sir piggy rarely gives me oranges :/

azriX2012
11-08-14, 01:41 PM
The stables also drop wool (not everytime though). I remember that I bought an orange tree in the past because of those quests, but it's been in storage for a long time now, because the Glimmerbat Habitat drops oranges too and I'm usually always maxed on those. But then again, if I didn't had my orange tree when I had those quests, they would have taken a lot more time to complete. But today I need far more wool than oranges. I would buy the tree and later, if possible, the sheep.

zenobia42
11-08-14, 02:28 PM
I only have enough gems for either an orange tree or a sheep, not both... I have quite a few quests requiring oranges (daddy thurston, orange cobbler, and after that the cooking caravan) and quite a few needing wool as well so it is hard :/ which one would you all get first? And which one do you think I'll more likely get in adventures? Sir piggy and the Halloween cow have kept me super stocked on apples but for some reason sir piggy rarely gives me oranges :/
Do you have the fortune teller? There is a fortune that gives you as many fruit as you want for as long as you want to stay on that fortune. If you have the fortune teller and are not at that fortune yet, there is no need for an orange tree.

ciarjen
11-09-14, 05:36 AM

I would buy the sheep. Very often the events have a need for wool and we are likely to be getting some events leading up to Christmas. So I would buy the sheep but don't use the wool, instead try to keep the stock up to as near as max as possible - that way you will be well prepared.

Once you collect enough gems again you can buy the orange tree. It can be collected from every 2 hours so you will be able to quickly finish all those other goals which need lots of oranges.

mnjcafe
11-09-14, 07:11 AM
If you don't feel like buying a sheep, at least buy an extra stable (for coins and building materials). That way you will have a chance at more wool. I have been playing for ages, am L50, I go on quests every day, and I have only ever gotten one sheep from an adventure.

I then got a turkey sheep at Thanksgiving last year as part of a special event, and I keep him out year-round because I need the wool!

beachinhawaii
11-09-14, 10:21 AM
If you don't feel like buying a sheep, at least buy an extra stable (for coins and building materials). That way you will have a chance at more wool. I have been playing for ages, am L50, I go on quests every day, and I have only ever gotten one sheep from an adventure.

I then got a turkey sheep at Thanksgiving last year as part of a special event, and I keep him out year-round because I need the wool!

Do you think I may get a sheep from this holiday season?

PurpleScorpion76
11-09-14, 11:21 AM
Do you think I may get a sheep from this holiday season?

From what I understand TL don't repeat quests. Apart from ingredients or potions being brought back. I think you should succumb get a white sheep (shortly after I got my first sheep in an adventure - after a week I'm fully stocked with 2 sheep and 2 stables. And try to get as much wool as you can I've only been playing since may, and I've noticed each big event, summer gazebo, Halloween has needed wool.

beachinhawaii
11-09-14, 12:44 PM
I finally gave in...... I now have a baby sheep!!:) I need to save up my gems now!

roguebee
11-21-14, 07:43 PM
Yet another event where we need wool. Not too bad, only 60 this time.