PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Razorback (Gem-Fire) 11-4-2014

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 01:06 PM
The Ruby Razorback is out.
Ultra-rare Gem-Fire hybrid.

Finally evolved my Ruby Razorback to level 10, now for the others!!! Pictures below!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image1_zps6ffaeae5.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image1_zps6ffaeae5.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image2_zpsad6299d1.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image2_zpsad6299d1.jpg.html)

infinitelove19
11-04-14, 01:10 PM
I have to admit that for a crystal hybrid, I am a little disappointed.
I just started breeding yet another koala, so am not going to try for this one atm.

Anyone tried yet? Is it a five hour fail? :-/

Or maybe a 1hr/5gem fail like Pandaffodil? ....

my607
11-04-14, 01:10 PM
This will be another animal that I will be missing from album. Since I don't have the crystal that's unfair.

Sylvrthrne
11-04-14, 01:12 PM
1 hour fail, 5 gems to speed. I think it is a 45 hour breeding time

maizee0404
11-04-14, 01:17 PM
Anyone no the time! I got an hour!

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 01:17 PM
Can't breed for it until tomorrow because my Garden is tied up with the spawning of my first Zapra. There never seems to be any rejoicing that isn't accompanied by groaning.

Drachenia
11-04-14, 01:27 PM
I get it, parents Pyro Pony / Crystal Unicorn
First I got 5x Pyro Pony, Good luck all

zenobia42
11-04-14, 01:31 PM
I haven't tried to get an emerald in weeks - not since the trick-or-treat event began, because the event penalized those trying for the emerald with 1-hour panda fails but 30-second incubations... meaning you could spend an entire day breeding and not earn a single pumpkin for it. But now once my current breeding is done, I may try simultaneously for this and the emerald. The mostly 3-hour fails are not much different from 1-hour ones. Neither is anything like the original 20-second panda emerald fails only a select few were privy to. I also for some reason really like the idea that if I breed a unicorn and a fairy ferret and get 45 hours that I won't know what I've got until it hits the nest. :)

zenobia42
11-04-14, 01:32 PM

Wow, congrats! You are officially the FIRST! :)

infinitelove19
11-04-14, 01:42 PM
1 hour fail, 5 gems to speed. I think it is a 45 hour breeding time

Thanks! I have to admit that I'm glad it's a one-hour fail, vs a 5 hour fail.
Just going to wait for another tournament, then I'll breed it. ;-)

Congrats Drachenia on being the first to breed one! :-)))

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 01:43 PM

Congratulations. I don't think I would have been tenacious enough to speed through those five 1-hour Ponies at 5 gems per hour. Because it could easily be 20, 50 or 100 Ponies. LOL.
Well, I guess it'no different from speeding through Rainguins, which most of us might be willing to do. But I need to save my gems for the Grand Gem Grove.
Anyway, GREAT JOB, Razorback Godparent!

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 02:00 PM
Bah. Forget the Grand Gem Grove. If I breed this baby, I'm speeding it straight through. I'll sell a Thunderhawk and put a baby Emerald out on the grassy hill just to give that hot piggy a quick home.

Sylvrthrne
11-04-14, 02:08 PM
Woo hoo! ok, sped through about 18 ponies, but I have all the world event animals and arboar sitting in storage, so this gives me a chance to hatch them out without disrupting breeding ;)

A2TUDE
11-04-14, 02:19 PM
Got it 2nd try yipppeeeee

Pyro and diamond

Not gonna speed my ruby as I'm still holding out for yak:cool:

Congrats dachenia:)

My ID is A2TUDE if u wanna peek

Crr008
11-04-14, 02:21 PM
Congrats, Dachenia. Can't wait to see the egg and all of its forms. I haven't had a chance to try for the emerald very many times but I guess this is a good a time as any to try for either this or the emerald. There are so many animals I don't have yet. I need a week and a half reprieve on new animals just to have time to breed for the missing ones.

mikemike28
11-04-14, 02:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/itpKLbO.jpg

i got it too! yay :3

Galadraal
11-04-14, 03:16 PM
I used Crystal Unicorn and Jackalope and got 45 hours! Woo Hoo! so excited and hopeful it the RubyRazorback and not the Emerald Dragon because I like the looks of the pig better :-) I don't even know how many times I've tried to get the Emerald Dragon using Pandaffodil and recently I tried with the Aurora Pegasus because I saw someone had the Unicorn with the OwlBear on their nest and I thought it was clever as the dark with plant could be thought of as three elements.

rivalotka2
11-04-14, 03:20 PM
Woot woot 10th try

WOW never thought I'd get it so quick!!!!

Galadraal
11-04-14, 03:30 PM

I can't get the timer to show up but it is a 45 hour breed time

Galadraal
11-04-14, 03:33 PM
I don't know if I have the patience to wait and see if I got lucky on my first attempt for the Ruby or if I ended up with the Emerald which I'll still be happy, make that ecstatic about :-)

zenobia42
11-04-14, 03:33 PM
Congrats, Sylvrthrne, A2tude, mikemike28, Galadraal & rivalotka2! I can't believe so many are getting it so quickly - impressive!!!

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 03:47 PM
Hey guys! I got mine too yay! Congrats to all well done! :D

My kids were annoying me while on the iPad and I accidently speed it up with gems 45 gems gone
So now it's on the nest and here is egg

zenobia42
11-04-14, 04:00 PM
Pretty egg! Thanks for sharing and congrats, Melis2a84!

Hawksmoor
11-04-14, 04:53 PM
Look at that beastie! Now if I only had a Unicorn... :-p

my607
11-04-14, 04:57 PM
Look at that beastie! Now if I only had a Unicorn... :-p

Yeah, not fair for us that's unicornless. Who knows how long it will take

seekerbears
11-04-14, 05:06 PM
I guess I should get back to getting that unicorn now...

Hawksmoor
11-04-14, 05:13 PM

You, me and seekerbears are next! :-)

my607
11-04-14, 05:22 PM
You, me and seekerbears are next! :-)

Yeah that's the spirit ! :)

zenobia42
11-04-14, 05:27 PM
Yes, you guys next! I can't wait for the day I visit y'all's parks and see prancing crystal ponies. Soon, I feel sure! In fact, I'd be willing to bet at least one of the three of you guys not only gets a unicorn but gets a gem hybrid before I do!

(This kind of betting is a way to try to trick luck into giving you guys unicorns lol. I bet Anyuszko would get a new super rare after a month-long dry spell before I'd get my first unicorn and it worked - she got a new super before I got a unicorn. ;) )

Hawksmoor
11-04-14, 05:39 PM
Awww thanks zen, I need all the help I can get! However I was really fortunate during the Trick or Treat event, I added 3 or 4 supers to my herd including the Scarecrow so I was very lucky!
And sending some return luck your way for this piggie!

readysetgo888
11-04-14, 05:41 PM
I'm definitely going to try for this guy! Not as cute as the emerald dragon but 1 hr fail vs 5 hr fail is enough difference for me. Plus it seems at least to me that they tend to give out more of the animal just after its release - so I would recommend trying for it right away.

Uschti
11-04-14, 05:41 PM
Some of you have it already and I didn`t even get the notice yet... *snif* Time shift - I hate you!
I will get the notice like in 7h - so it will be around 08:00 by my. heeeh

Is it time limited?

seekerbears
11-04-14, 05:43 PM
Yeah that's the spirit ! :)

Yes! Hopefully soon

Hawksmoor
11-04-14, 05:46 PM
Is it time limited?

Not as far as I know. Good luck!

zenobia42
11-04-14, 05:55 PM
Awww thanks zen, I need all the help I can get! However I was really fortunate during the Trick or Treat event, I added 3 or 4 supers to my herd including the Scarecrow so I was very lucky!
And sending some return luck your way for this piggie!

I won't be trying for it yet. I will be putting a 23-hour egg in the nest very soon and don't want my unicorn stuck in the breeding den for 23 hours for a 1-3 hour fail. :)

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 05:58 PM
Just got my 45 hour breed. Wooh. Hoooo! Used steamtrunk after many try's with pony.

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 06:01 PM
Some of you have it already and I didn`t even get the notice yet... *snif* Time shift - I hate you!
I will get the notice like in 7h - so it will be around 08:00 by my. heeeh

Is it time limited?

What notice? The new-animal pop-up announcement? NOBODY got one yet. We won't usually see one until about 12 hours after the initial release of the animal. It was released at noon Pacific. Pop-up announcements come after midnight.
You don't need the notice to breed for it. Look in your shop for it. If it's not there, restart your game.

Skyanor
11-04-14, 06:08 PM
Unicorn + Steamtrunk gives you Ruby Razorback for sure!!!

After I figured out i spent 45Euros for gems for speedbreeding. Therefore my forest is "piggyland" ((1400:90) Ruby Razorbacks) now.

They are not that beautyful but at least the future gold/food income shouldnt be a problem anymore.

Buttercup0001
11-04-14, 06:18 PM
This will be another animal that I will be missing from album. Since I don't have the crystal that's unfair.

Same here....no crystal unicorn....no gem animals I can breed.....though when I was in the community playing with animals saw 1 community member with 3 unicorns :eek: and two emerald dragons :eek: how lucky were they

my607
11-04-14, 06:24 PM
Just got my 45 hour breed. Wooh. Hoooo! Used steamtrunk after many try's with pony.

Which pony is that?

SHINeeFan23
11-04-14, 06:31 PM
Well I'm jealous. I don't have a unicorn. So unfair :(

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 06:35 PM
Which pony is that?

Steamtrunk is the water fire elephant from the last arena tournament. See pic above.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 06:39 PM
Omg I took the advice of some in this thread and bred unicorn with stream trunk and got 45 hours... Thank you guys and try it. Congrats to everyone that got it and my heart goes out to the ones that don't have a unicorn. I know the feeling !!

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 06:40 PM

Keep breeding the same critters over and over again and you'll get it. Might take you 10-15 times of breeding the same ones, but You'll get it

my607
11-04-14, 06:45 PM

You aren't alone. I'm unicornless too and that's what I said too. TL you just had to leave us out. Not nice at all.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 06:46 PM
I won't be trying for it yet. I will be putting a 23-hour egg in the nest very soon and don't want my unicorn stuck in the breeding den for 23 hours for a 1-3 hour fail. :)

Zen try getting this new ultra now, don't wait or they might lower the odds like they have done before

my607
11-04-14, 06:46 PM
Steamtrunk is the water fire elephant from the last arena tournament. See pic above.

I know what steam trunk look like I have one. What did you breed with steam trunk to get unicorn?

MelodicStars
11-04-14, 06:49 PM
Zen try getting this new ultra now, don't wait or they might lower the odds like they have done before
I doubt they're going to lower the odds for this one. They probably already learned from the emerald dragon and did it right from the start. But I guess it's not too bad to hope, right?

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 06:58 PM
I know what steam trunk look like I have one. What did you breed with steam trunk to get unicorn?

Not breeding unicorn.....breeding ruby razorback....steamtrunk and unicorn are the pair I used to breed with. At least I hope it's a razorback. I guess it could be another unicorn...oh boy! Time will tell. Yak on nest, so won't know until tomorrow.

Galadraal
11-04-14, 06:59 PM

Galadraal
11-04-14, 07:09 PM

it took me a VERY long time to get my Unicorn, just keep breeding four different elements and you WILL eventually get it. "Fairness" is not the issue, it's a GAME. Life isn't fair and you'd better get used to it or you will have a miserable life

zenobia42
11-04-14, 07:13 PM
lol - my steamtrunk went into the evolution flower JUST before people started posting it is a good bet with the unicorn. I'd have to pay 7 gems to speed my nest and another 17 to speed the steamtrunk to try now. Though it was still a baby until I put it in, so I would have had to put him in the flower anyway.

In 20 minutes it will cost 6+16. Maybe I will try. Though it's a 23-hour guy going in the nest.

my607
11-04-14, 07:20 PM
it took me a VERY long time to get my Unicorn, just keep breeding four different elements and you WILL eventually get it. "Fairness" is not the issue, it's a GAME. Life isn't fair and you'd better get used to it or you will have a miserable life

I know that life isn't fair. Don't tell me about my life.

Lesimony
11-04-14, 07:26 PM
W
lol - my steamtrunk went into the evolution flower JUST before people started posting it is a good bet with the unicorn. I'd have to pay 7 gems to speed my nest and another 17 to speed the steamtrunk to try now.
I had to use around 70-80 gems to clear my nest, put Steamtrunk on and speed hatch him, speed Bansheep out of my evolution flower, put Steamtrunk in and speed him out, and then speed clear my breeder so I could put Crystal Unicorn and Steamtrunk on it. But I decided it was worth it to breed Ruby before TL changes the rules.

fahrensland
11-04-14, 07:29 PM
W
I had to use around 70-80 gems to clear my nest, put Steamtrunk on and speed hatch him, speed Bansheep out of my evolution flower, put Steamtrunk in and speed him out, and then speed clear my breeder so I could put Crystal Unicorn and Steamtrunk on it. But I decided it was worth it to breed Ruby before TL changes the rules.

I did the same thing, spent about 70 gems to take advantage of the guaranteed ruby. Definitely feel it was worth it too

zenobia42
11-04-14, 07:42 PM
Holy CRAAAAP - it WORKED! Unicorn + steamtrunk = 45 hours! I honestly don't believe my eyes! I mean, yeah, gem + fire + another element would always have a chance of working. But honestly I expected to be the first to try but get a skyger. You guys all ROCK for sharing the "secret formula." Most definitely worth the gems to speed flower + nest + another 2 to pop the two in the den out. But 24 gems is practically nothing. Woo-hoo!

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 07:45 PM
Holy CRAAAAP - it WORKED! Unicorn + steamtrunk = 45 hours! I honestly don't believe my eyes! I mean, yeah, gem + fire + another element would always have a chance of working. But honestly I expected a skyger. You guys all ROCK for sharing the "secret formula." Most definitely worth the gems to speed flower + nest + another 2 to pop the two in the den out. But 24 gems is practically nothing. Woo-hoo!

Yay I'm so happy for you ... You'll have enough time now to try for emerald

Crr008
11-04-14, 07:51 PM
Unicorn + steamtruck = Ruby Razorback!!!!! Yep, it's true.

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 07:55 PM
Holy CRAAAAP - it WORKED! Unicorn + steamtrunk = 45 hours! I honestly don't believe my eyes! I mean, yeah, gem + fire + another element would always have a chance of working. But honestly I expected to be the first to try but get a skyger. You guys all ROCK for sharing the "secret formula." Most definitely worth the gems to speed flower + nest + another 2 to pop the two in the den out. But 24 gems is practically nothing. Woo-hoo!

Well done Hun congrats I'm very excited for you!

OMG I just speed my first ruby off the nest so I could put yak on and I thought il try unicorn and steamtrunk to see what happens and just got my 2nd ruby breeding!

knj00
11-04-14, 07:55 PM
Can't wait to see what kind of "patch" they add to make this mistake go away....

I was too busy when the Steamtrunk tourney was on to finish it. :(

Congrats to everyone who gets this one!!

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 08:03 PM

Congrats....it had to work, the only other choice was to pop out another steamtrunk, and as we don't have any other water fire critters I didn't think that was gonna happen. But we still don't know for sure if razorback or unicorn...but I'm betting on razorback! Happy for you and all others who got 45 hr breed.
I know that I personally would not have all the animals I have if not for all of you guys posting on this forum. Heck...I probably wouldn't of gotten steamtrunk had Zen and others not made all those wonderful charts and graphs. So keep posting everyone.
P.s. I also enjoy reading what everyone has to say, and it's very nice that all get along so well.

zenobia42
11-04-14, 08:06 PM
Wait a sec, this unicorn-steamtrunk thing isn't 100%, right? I just thoughts the odds were particularly high.

zenobia42
11-04-14, 08:07 PM
Congrats....it had to work, the only other choice was to pop out another steamtrunk, and as we don't have any other water fire critters I didn't think that was gonna happen. But we still don't know for sure if razorback or unicorn...but I'm betting on razorback! Happy for you and all others who got 45 hr breed.
I know that I personally would not have all the animals I have if not for all of you guys posting on this forum. Heck...I probably wouldn't of gotten steamtrunk had Zen and others not made all those wonderful charts and graphs. So keep posting everyone.
P.s. I also enjoy reading what everyone has to say, and it's very nice that all get along so well.

The result could be a skyger I assumed.

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 08:14 PM
The result could be a skyger I assumed.

Duh! I didn't even think about a skyger...but you only need two elements (water and fire) and assumed when you added crystal that it would be three elements. Right? Oh I'm confusing myself. Thought I had this breeding thing down..ok...I'll just say luck was with us all. Lol

knj00
11-04-14, 08:15 PM
Wait a sec, this unicorn-steamtrunk thing isn't 100%, right? I just thoughts the odds were particularly high.

It's 100%

Skyger has the same type of breeding rules as the Purple type in DS. To get it you must have Fire on one side and Water on the other. With this combo you don't have that and since there are no other water/fire types this is the only possible outcome.

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 08:22 PM
It's 100%

Skyger has the same rules as the Purple type in DS. To get it you must have Fire on one side and Water on the other. With this combo you don't have that and since there are no other water/fire types this is the only possible outcome.

Whew....thanks..I feel better now. Just started playing DS, don't have a lot of knowledge on those dragons yet.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 08:32 PM

I'm going for my number #3 so it is a 100% right :-) I think I'll sell an Aurora pegasus at this point and a few commons to make room for a new habitat

Crr008
11-04-14, 08:39 PM
It's 100%. I have two Ruby Razors and a third one breeding. I'm probably not going to breed more than that as I'll be running out of room soon. We need an expansion.

GreasedLightening
11-04-14, 08:41 PM
I'm going for my number #3 so it is a 100% right :-) I think I'll sell an Aurora pegasus at this point and a few commons to make room for a new habitat

I think you have a good idea here. Sped mine through and bred again...got 45 hours again. Does anyone Think TL will make changes since so many people getting this?

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 08:41 PM
I wish it will give a unicorn though instead of just the porky gem

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 08:42 PM
YEEES!~ Got my third one on the nest. I KNEW there was a reason I wanted to save up my gems for a rainy day :D Had to speed up my Hippogryph lvl 15 evolve and then speed up my Steamtrunk hatching, speed up my Steamtrunk evolve, then breed it with unicorn and speed breed them into and out of the nest and viola ~ Now I have 3 Ruby Razorbacks for certain, no matter how they fix this 'error' :D It beats missing out on the Emerald Dragon chances I missed way back when. Now I have a total of 4 ultras (1 unicorn and 3 razorbacks).

Life is good :)

Edit: This 100% works. I have had NO fails on the Steamtrunk x Unicorn breeding on three occasions. NONE. Get it while TL hasn't fixed it yet if you've got a Steamtrunk and a Unicorn, people! I guesstimate they'll have it fixed by early morning, but that's just my take on TL rushing to close this amazing loophole.

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 08:46 PM

I'm going for number 4 I definitely think that combo is 100%

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 08:46 PM
Congrats Arcadia

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 08:47 PM
I wish it will give a unicorn though instead of just the porky gem

Yes I agree with that ;)

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 08:48 PM
I'm going for number 4 I definitely think that combo is 100%

If ruby was as cute as the unicorn or emerald, I'll keep breeding it... But I'll see how I feel tomorrow before I go for a 4th lol
Also I have no space whatsoever for more :-(

Aernak
11-04-14, 08:51 PM
A Pyropony and a unicorn can also breed another unicorn right?
So even if u get a 45 hr breed you still wont know for days...

I still need a unicorn so i cant even try for this yet >.<

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 08:52 PM
Congrats Arcadia

Thanks, EviBrooklyn :D I'm quite stoked about it not because I like the design of it but because it'll bring in a TON of coins every day for me. Even if I think the choice of using a pig as gem 'royalty' is totally whacked, it'll bring in a lot of coins for my forest and that's all that matters when the expansions keep getting pricier and pricier :D I think three is more than enough for now. If I had three unicorns and emeralds, too... now that would be awesome, but I already missed those loopholes :(

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 08:55 PM
If ruby was as cute as the unicorn or emerald, I'll keep breeding it... But I'll see how I feel tomorrow before I go for a 4th lol
Also I have no space whatsoever for more :-(

Exactly I don't really like the look of it! I didn't mean to breed the fourth I thought I'd see if it's certain that combo and it was I think il stop there lol!

Abit off topic are u adding NBRS?

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 08:57 PM
YEEES!~ Got my third one on the nest. I KNEW there was a reason I wanted to save up my gems for a rainy day :D Had to speed up my Hippogryph lvl 15 evolve and then speed up my Steamtrunck hatching, speed up my Steamtrunck evolve, then breed it with unicorn and speed breed them into and out of the nest and viola ~ Now I have 3 Ruby Razorbacks for certain, no matter how they fix this 'error' :D It beats missing out on the Emerald Dragon chances I missed way back when. Now I have a total of 4 ultras (1 unicorn and 3 razorbacks).

Life is good :)

Edit: This 100% works. I have had NO fails on the Steamtrunk x Unicorn breeding on three occasions. NONE. Get it while TL hasn't fixed it yet if you've got a Steamtrunk and a Unicorn, people! I guesstimate they'll have it fixed by early morning, but that's just my take on TL rushing to close this amazing loophole.

Well done luv :cool:

zenobia42
11-04-14, 08:58 PM
I feel like only those who did NOT get the 20-second panda fail emeralds should be allowed to get this one lol. :p :p :p

But seriously, I think this is a very nice bonus they are giving those of us who persevered and won the steamtrunk. Man - we were all such stress-cases in that steamtrunk thread lol - myself most definitely included! They had to know this breeding would be this way - they themselves had to set the odds, so I really truly sincerely hope it STAYS this way until those who do not have a unicorn yet, but put in the great effort (and in most cases a lot of gems) to get the steamtrunk, get their unicorns too. They deserve this nice treat from TL at least as much as those of us who already have a unicorn and can make these porkers now.

ETA: It's a nice treat for us, but it is ALSO good for TL's bottom line - just look how many gems we are all spending to speed breed these suckers! lol!

FallenH
11-04-14, 09:01 PM
congrats to those have this brand new ultra rare :)
its har to get my 1st unicorn.. but this one seem 100% works with steamtrunk+unicorn XD

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 09:04 PM
Well done luv :cool:

Thank you, m'dear :D I'm just sad that those without unicorn or steamtrunk won't be able to take advantage of this one :( Especially because I know exactly how that feels...

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 09:05 PM
i have 23 ultra? :)

I just visited you so cute all those little Ruby's
It made me laugh well done xxxx

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 09:05 PM
Thanks, EviBrooklyn :D I'm quite stoked about it not because I like the design of it but because it'll bring in a TON of coins every day for me. Even if I think the choice of using a pig as gem 'royalty' is totally whacked, it'll bring in a lot of coins for my forest and that's all that matters when the expansions keep getting pricier and pricier :D I think three is more than enough for now. If I had three unicorns and emeralds, too... now that would be awesome, but I already missed those loopholes :(

I agree with everything you said. The only reason I bred a third was for income on future expansions and not for his looks. But I would love to have another unicorn. I'm still in love with her majesty !!

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 09:07 PM
Thank you, m'dear :D I'm just sad that those without unicorn or steamtrunk won't be able to take advantage of this one :( Especially because I know exactly how that feels...

I agree as I was one of those trying so long too for one unicorn and in the past 2/3 weeks got 7 ultras

FallenH
11-04-14, 09:11 PM
they will change the odds soon ^______^

zenobia42
11-04-14, 09:14 PM
I'm stopping at 2 of these, unless they are still the same odds in 48 hours. I'm out of gems lol. PLUS, I don't have any room for another gem habitat, nor the gold to upgrade my current one. So one will go in the small gem habitat with my unicorn, and the other in the haunted hollow.

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 09:21 PM
they will change the odds soon ^______^

I've no doubt. I'm with Zenobia on the odds of TL doing this for users to use/buy more gems. It just seems like on every 'ultra' there's been a loophole. First the unicorn loophole, then the Emerald Dragon loophole, and now this one. I can't think that TL is so sloppy they'd miss loopholes for ALL ultras but never for any other commons, rares or supers. Doesn't that just seem way too odd for words?

So, yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they made this loophole on purpose and will close it up a day or so later after 'discovering' the so-called loophole after a small handful of people have taken advantage of it and other users that were too slow/late to the party are jealous and feel *****ed. Kinda reminds me of the Emerald Dragon debacle...

So, yeah, it'll probably be closed up soon. You can count on it.

(Btw, I'm also suspicious that only Steamtrunk gives such good odds. And it's also a tournament animal that went on sale for more than 1,000 gems a few days back. Coincidence? Methinks not.)

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 09:23 PM
I'm stopping at 2 of these, unless they are still the same odds in 48 hours. I'm out of gems lol. PLUS, I don't have any room for another gem habitat, nor the gold to upgrade my current one. So one will go in the small gem habitat with my unicorn, and the other in the haunted hollow.

I just sold a vinotur, grassequatch and a thunder mamooth to make room and move things around but I think 3 is enough at this point.
I guess an ugly ultra is better than a cute rare or super rare

zenobia42
11-04-14, 09:29 PM
I just sold a vinotur, grassequatch and a thunder mamooth to make room and move things around but I think 3 is enough at this point.

lol. I will probably end up selling off a small dark habitat and building a second small gem one for my 2 rubies. But for now I have room for one with my unicorn and one in my haunted hollow. Since it'll be 90 hours until the second hatches (lol!), I have time to decide which 2 critters get the axe to make room. But I also still have to figure out where to put the 2 critters I have in my storage chest (thorilla & the shiny new yak-o-lantern). SO many of my guys are going to have to go. :( Sorry to hear those super rares of yours had to go. and dammit I STILL have no grassquatch and you're selling one of yours off? Give it to meeeeeee lol. ;)

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 09:29 PM

I agree. Three is more than enough for now. I could blow all my gems and get a few more or buy more gems to have a porky forest, but I'd rather just get three and have enough space/coins to have supers and rares that I really like, along with three razorback earners that help pump out more coins.

An ugly ultra IS better because in the end, coinage matters more --- at least for those that want to have a lot of food/coins being produced daily... like I do :D

zenobia42
11-04-14, 09:31 PM
I agree. Three is more than enough for now. I could blow all my gems and get a few more or buy more gems to have a porky forest, but I'd rather just get three and have enough space/coins to have supers and rares that I really like, along with three razorback earners that help pump out more coins.

An ugly ultra IS better because in the end, coinage matters more --- at least for those that want to have a lot of food/coins being produced daily... like I do :D

In 2 years when they finally give us more expansions, you can bet your bottom dollar that we will NEED those coins to afford them!!!

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 09:35 PM
In 2 years when they finally give us more expansions, you can bet your bottom dollar that we will NEED those coins to afford them!!!

Lol, in two years all of us will more than likely have 20 ultras each and I somehow doubt they'll take two years to give us new expansions XD Probably another month or two at the most for a new expansion, I expect. And by that point, I'll have MORE than enough from my razorbacks and unicorn. And perhaps an emerald or two if I start to try to breed that tough sucker out...

Petasos
11-04-14, 09:41 PM
Got 9 with 1 in the oven...��

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, I guarantee you that in a few days or weeks, breeding the unicorn and the stream trunk will give one hour pony fails, so, for once, breeding ultras like this does feel good.

Petasos
11-04-14, 09:47 PM
This is about players buying gems. There is no exploit just the illusion of one. Either way these opportunities do not come along often, so take advantage. I sold off several super rares dupes and about 4 habitats.

MelodicStars
11-04-14, 09:48 PM
I've only noticed this "loophole" right now D: I didn't even have time to hatch and evolve my steam trunk yet and by the time I finally get it grown up to be able to breed, TL probably would've fixed it by then. Woe is me. But I guess that's what I get for being impatient and breeding unicorn + pony right off the bat.

Lesson learned ;-; arrogance and impatience will make you suffer.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 09:53 PM
lol. I will probably end up selling off a small dark habitat and building a second small gem one for my 2 rubies. But for now I have room for one with my unicorn and one in my haunted hollow. Since it'll be 90 hours until the second hatches (lol!), I have time to decide which 2 critters get the axe to make room. But I also still have to figure out where to put the 2 critters I have in my storage chest (thorilla & the shiny new yak-o-lantern). SO many of my guys are going to have to go. :( Sorry to hear those super rares of yours had to go. and dammit I STILL have no grassquatch and you're selling one of yours off? Give it to meeeeeee lol. ;)

Zenobia, downgrade one of your farms until we get expansion

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 09:54 PM
This is about players buying gems. There is no exploit just the illusion of one. Either way these opportunities do not come along often, so take advantage. I sold off several super rares dupes and about 4 habitats.

Darn, I'm tempted now to go for a 4th

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 10:01 PM
Darn, I'm tempted now to go for a 4th

I'm tempted but I'm definitely not gonna. My remaining 197 gems might be needed this week or later down the line for something I REALLY want, so three ugly razorbacks pumping out lots of coins for me will be sufficient. Plus, I'm gonna be trying for some emeralds soon and I'll need space for that in my gem coves :D

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 10:02 PM

Hopefully we'll have new ultras to breed by then and hopefully a little cuter. If this one was as cute as the unicorn, or the pegasus or the Phoenix I would have wanted 10 of them

infinitelove19
11-04-14, 10:24 PM
Hopefully we'll have new ultras to breed by then and hopefully a little cuter. If this one was as cute as the unicorn, or the pegasus or the Phoenix I would have wanted 10 of them

I am with you there. When I started playing I thought the phoenix should've been a little more bedazzled and a red/crystal hybrid. Ruby Phoenix makes so much more sense to me than Ruby the Pig... or whatever. ;-)

I honestly can't believe I've gotten to take advantage of a 'glitch!'. I can't for the life of me understand why steampunk & crystal doesn't give what water & fire normally results in. Why it would default to crystal/fire is beyond me, but YAY!

Petasos
11-04-14, 10:33 PM
Zenobia, downgrade one of your farms until we get expansion

I have 6 grand farms and plenty of room, all I grow is nexus nuts. I have open spaces for future animals and now have 9 small gem habitats. Just have to make some decisions, for me it was easy. I would rather sell grasssquatch, Griffins, magmacores, and other super duplicates and delete their excess habitats. I condensed down and bought gem groves and filled them with piggies. I will take their income to a lower teir super any day of the week. I do not care if they look like a bag of buttholes if they make ultra income. I still have duplicates of the higher supers. No need to go crazy, but plenty of room if you plan correctly. I am missing 2 critters from the album and have room for them, when they hatch.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 10:43 PM
I have 6 grand farms and plenty of room, all I grow is nexus nuts. I have open spaces for future animals and now have 9 small gem habitats. Just have to make some decisions, for me it was easy. I would rather sell grasssquatch, Griffins, magmacores, and other super duplicates and delete their excess habitats. I condensed down and bought gem groves and filled them with piggies. I will take their income to a lower teir super any day of the week. I do not care if they look like a bag of buttholes if they make ultra income. I still have duplicates of the higher supers. No need to go crazy, but plenty of room if you plan correctly. I am missing 2 critters from the album and have room for them, when they hatch.

Everything you say makes sense !! I think I'll try for one more tomorrow morning. My problem is I can't seem to part with pegasus, I have a team full of them and I can't seem to bring myself to sell one or two ��

NansNarnia
11-04-14, 10:43 PM

Thanks. Tried Pyro Pony with unicorn lots but no luck. Then read these posts. Used Unicorn and steam trunk......and whamo.....got the 45 hrs! Thanks everyone for the posts.

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 10:46 PM
I am with you there. When I started playing I thought the phoenix should've been a little more bedazzled and a red/crystal hybrid. Ruby Phoenix makes so much more sense to me than Ruby the Pig... or whatever. ;-)

I honestly can't believe I've gotten to take advantage of a 'glitch!'. I can't for the life of me understand why steampunk & crystal doesn't give what water & fire normally results in. Why it would default to crystal/fire is beyond me, but YAY!

Someone mentioned that in order to get skyger ( which is an element) you need fire in one side and water on the other. This is the reason why you won't get a skyger.

NansNarnia
11-04-14, 10:47 PM
OMG got a second one with unicorn and steam trunk!

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 10:52 PM
OMG got a second one with unicorn and steam trunk!

Yup, that's the beauty of this combo: 100% success rate until they plug the leak :D

Enjoy it for the short amount of time it'll last.

Edit: And am I the only one that's literally cringing on the inside and outside at the fact that all our little piggies are gonna take 35hrs to evolve? 3 pigs evolved to lvl 10 is 210hrs of evolution >.< Good god, but my evolution flower is gonna be BUSY for a while... Also, has anyone tried Razorback x Unicorn yet? Curious if that will give anything worthwhile as well...

NansNarnia
11-04-14, 10:59 PM
I'm stopping at three piggies. Had to hold myself back!

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 11:07 PM
Yup, that's the beauty of this combo: 100% success rate until they plug the leak :D

Enjoy it for the short amount of time it'll last.

Edit: And am I the only one that's literally cringing on the inside and outside at the fact that all our little piggies are gonna take 35hrs to evolve? 3 pigs evolved to lvl 10 is 210hrs of evolution >.< Good god, but my evolution flower is gonna be BUSY for a while... Also, has anyone tried Razorback x Unicorn yet? Curious if that will give anything worthwhile as well...

Breeding unicorn and razorback will give you a razorback I heard

ArcadiaTofu
11-04-14, 11:14 PM
Breeding unicorn and razorback will give you a razorback I heard

Well, I guess that'd be good news for ppl that don't have a steamtrunk but DO have a unicorn and a razorback :D Curious to see if it's true or that the only 'backdoor' we've got is the steamtrunk ^^

EviBrooklyn
11-04-14, 11:22 PM
Well, I guess that'd be good news for ppl that don't have a steamtrunk but DO have a unicorn and a razorback :D Curious to see if it's true or that the only 'backdoor' we've got is the steamtrunk ^^

It will give a pony also but definitely not a unicorn

lmwashburn
11-04-14, 11:24 PM

I'm just curious. How do you know it's not just another Crystal Unicorn your breeding?? If your first fails were pyro ponies why can't one be a crystal unicorn? Are we sure it's a 45hr. ?? Just asking. I'm on my first 1 hr fail but have a 8 hr in the nest.

Never mind. I read through more threads that answered that! I just went through 120 gems trying to get it and nothing but pyro ponies!!! 24 times! :( I don't have a steamtrunk!!

Melis2a84
11-04-14, 11:58 PM
I just tried razor and unicorn and got 1hr pyro pony

jim23cash
11-05-14, 12:45 AM
I decided to try again, got 4th piggie in a row.

ArcadiaTofu
11-05-14, 01:19 AM
I just tried razor and unicorn and got 1hr pyro pony

Thanks for trying, hun :D Good to know at least that nothing interesting comes of mixing the unicorn and razorback :)

jim23cash
11-05-14, 02:53 AM
Has anyone tried since reset? Just wondered if it's been fixed yet...

UneCerise_ledessert
11-05-14, 03:36 AM
Hopefully I got it. Crystal and Steamtrunk first try resulted to 45hrs. Crystal and Pyro gave me 1hr. none stop. I got tired, so I tried Steamtrunk and Crystal and it worked... hopefully. Fingers crossed.:o

Oh my nvm... I read all the posts here and Steamtrunk surely does give you a Razorback result. I sped my breeding and bred again and voila, 45hrs. again! I wish I have more gems to speed breeding and hatching...

BiggerBubbles
11-05-14, 04:55 AM
So glad I was reading this thread. Had tried 3 with the lvl 15 pyro pony & lvl 11 unicorn and got the fail. Read about the steam trunk, so thought why not, as I agree, there always seems a higher chance of getting an animal when it first comes out, at least it has worked that way for me. So spent 45 gems getting my bansheep out of the evolution flower, speed hatching the steam trunk & evolving steam trunk to lvl 4. Wasn't game to spend more getting him higher so tried it. Sure got a 45 hr egg that's like the one in the picture. Sped him thru for another 45, got another one. Stopping now, so absolutely happy with 2. Got 90 hrs to rearrange etc.

Galadraal
11-05-14, 07:40 AM
My DragonStory game is maxed on habitats so I've been very carefull with this one. I often keep a second one at level 4 for breeding and sell off the others so I can get plenty more habitats. I have trouble with coins because everything is so expensive.

Uschti
11-05-14, 08:06 AM
You don't need the notice to breed for it. Look in your shop for it. If it's not there, restart your game.
Thank You for this information ✿ It indeed is is my shop.

dragonloona
11-05-14, 01:36 PM
I finally got a Ruby Razor back with crystal unicorn and Pyro pony on 4th try!!! Of course after that I read the forms and see that breeding unicorn and steamtrunk gives you ruby 100%!!! Now I'm a proud owner of 4 Ruby razorback!!! Below are the pictures of my first Ruby Razorback and others! Two of them are being bred and hatching!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image3_zpsb656f94e.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image3_zpsb656f94e.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image2_zps30531b41.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image2_zps30531b41.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image1_zpsc1b5127c.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image1_zpsc1b5127c.jpg.html)

55lee55
11-05-14, 01:48 PM
This won't work for me because my Steamtrunk is not on my list of animals at the breeding den, although he is sitting happily at level 10 in the habitat where I sold a super Rare to find a place to fit him.

Any idea why mine is MIA? I did the normal clear off and restart and although it is in my Album, it is not on my breeding list. Every other animal I own is on that list but this one.

I thought I was not being singled out to be run off from playing this game, but now I wonder. Seems everyone but me has the possibility to try to breed their Steamtrunk. If I do get it back it will no doubt be after the backdoor has been closed and locked.

ramothsflight
11-05-14, 01:51 PM
Lee, try an uninstall- reinstall to see if that fixes the problem.

dancingsnickerdoodle
11-05-14, 01:54 PM
I too have an mia steam trunk. I used my gems to speed the egg, then speed the evolution only to have it no longer available to breed with.....so sad. I missed out on the emerald, now the ruby...guess gems aren't in my future :(

I deleted & reinstalled and still nothing. The little guy (lvl9) is in the habitat, but not on either side of the breeding list

infinitelove19
11-05-14, 02:13 PM
I too have an mia steam trunk. I used my gems to speed the egg, then speed the evolution only to have it no longer available to breed with.....so sad. I missed out on the emerald, now the ruby...guess gems aren't in my future :(

I deleted & reinstalled and still nothing. The little guy (lvl9) is in the habitat, but not on either side of the breeding list

Yeah, I guess this is TL's preliminary way of preventing us from using this loophole for Miss Piggie... er the Razorback.

I imagine once they *fix* the breeding rules, steamtrunk will be available to breed with again, but *won't* automatically result in the crystal hybrid. *le sigh*

Sorry for those who missed this opportunity. *hugs*

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 02:18 PM
Oh wow, I'm shocked they made it unavailable to breed. So sorry for the players that are missing out.

zenobia42
11-05-14, 02:20 PM
As expected, they left the door open for only a short time, then slammed it in the face of everyone who didn't get in on it within 24 hours. I'm sorry to those who missed it.

I have one in the nest and one breeding right now. I was thinking of buying gems and speeding them to make a third, trying to decide whether or not to do that, when I thought, "let me check the forum to see if that is still an option." Glad I did. Decision made for me, apparently. I will miss the additional income but I really didn't want to spend money anyway, so in a way, I'm glad for this.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone who missed out on this. Typical TL in action again, letting a few benefit, and a lot get screwed.

Bambamstad
11-05-14, 02:25 PM
As expected, they left the door open for only a short time, then slammed it in the face of everyone who didn't get in on it within 24 hours. I'm sorry to those who missed it.

I have one in the nest and one breeding right now. I was thinking of buying gems and speeding them to make a third, trying to decide whether or not to do that, when I thought, "let me check the forum to see if that is still an option." Glad I did. Decision made for me, apparently. I will miss the additional income but I really didn't want to spend money anyway, so in a way, I'm glad for this.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone who missed out on this. Typical TL in action again, letting a few benefit, and a lot get screwed.

Just read this. Now I feel more screwed by TL than when I missed the steamtrunk. :(

dragonloona
11-05-14, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I guess this is TL's preliminary way of preventing us from using this loophole for Miss Piggie... er the Razorback.

I imagine once they *fix* the breeding rules, steamtrunk will be available to breed with again, but *won't* automatically result in the crystal hybrid. *le sigh*

Sorry for those who missed this opportunity. *hugs*

Yes TL is fixing this glitch, so for those who have yet to try this breeding combo will miss out!!! Very sad cause this would help those having issues breeding emerald dragon! When we see that we can breed with steamtrunk, there will be other outcomes like Pyro pony, frostfang and skyger!!!

For me my first Ruby Razorback was bred with crystal unicorn and Pyro pony, the other 3 were with this glitch!!! Good luck to all those who have yet to get either crystal unicorn, emerald dragon and Ruby Razorback!!! And see I see a future of getting a sapphire gem creature as a water gem hybrid!!! Can't wait for more gem creatures to be released!!!

sanya87
11-05-14, 02:29 PM
Yeah, now it's definitely blocked! This morning when I saw this I rushed to hatch my steamtrunk, put him in evolution flower and then in the breeding garden with unicorn. I used around 30 gems but it was worth it cause I got my 45 hours :) so this afternoon I was thinking and thinking and finally decided to buy some gems even though I said I will not do it but couldn't resist on this! And I wanted to try for another one, but had some problems with payment. That was finally solved this evening, got my gems, use them again to speed up the breeding. As soon as I got my egg in the nest I tried to breed again and surprise, no more steamtrunk on my breeding list. Now I see I am not the only one. But I will shut my mouth now since I got one at least.

FrozenTurtle
11-05-14, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone! Steamtrunk wasn't intended to able to use in the Breeding Garden, so the game team removed it as an option to use. Sorry for the inconvenience! Best of luck breeding the new Ruby Razorback! :)

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 02:36 PM

Darling, you almost missed out on this opportunity. Remember you said you'll breed it later on? Two are way way better than none :-)

my607
11-05-14, 02:40 PM
Does that mean we can't use the steam trunk to breed other animals?

my607
11-05-14, 02:45 PM
Does that mean we can't use the steam trunk to breed other animals?

Never mind, I guess it's not intended for the ruby

sanya87
11-05-14, 03:34 PM
We can't use him at all for breeding, not just for ruby...

my607
11-05-14, 04:10 PM
We can't use him at all for breeding, not just for ruby...

Well that's dumb because what's the point then. Except the coins

Galadraal
11-05-14, 04:33 PM
Yep, they must've lowered the odds as well. I should've checked here before I sped up with gems :-( I couldn't see my Steamtrunk in the breeding options so I came here to check. I used the Jackalope with the Crystal which is what I used the first time to get the RubyRazor and got a 7 hour breed this time.

zenobia42
11-05-14, 04:39 PM
Well that's dumb because what's the point then. Except the coins

Water-fire is a really great hybrid to have when battling dark-fire or nature-fire opponents in the arena / battlegrounds.

And one day they might make it breedable again... just not with 100% ruby odds when paired with a unicorn.

Galadraal
11-05-14, 05:07 PM
I just checked the breeding wiki and am very happy and grateful for my 7 hour breed time because I don't have the Vinotaur yet

I agree too that the Water Fire is awesome for battle and I tried to breed it when I first saw it in my shop before I knew it was for a tournament prize and not breedable which is a shame. I hope they come up with more Water Fire hybrids down the road

Hawksmoor
11-05-14, 05:43 PM
Well, congrats to all of you that got this ruby piggy so quickly! I don't have a unicorn so I missed out on all the fun...hopefully I'll have one before they release the next gem hybrid :-p

Aernak
11-05-14, 06:16 PM
Well, congrats to all of you that got this ruby piggy so quickly! I don't have a unicorn so I missed out on all the fun...hopefully I'll have one before they release the next gem hybrid :-p

Ditto...

DragonMoon006
11-05-14, 07:40 PM
Aww shucks...RubyRazorback's backdoor closed. Found out abt it yesterday but unfortunately only AFTER putting in breeding den and got 16 hrs and another 16 hrs in nest. Didnt hv enough gems to rush after spending all on Steamtrunk. Well lesson learnt. Check forum FIRST before BREEDING...

Congrats to all who made multiple Rubys...Good for you....and for the rest like us..we'll just go thro the front door! It takes longer but hey we'll get there...Same goes for those trying for Unicorn...good luck!!

goodsoul76
11-05-14, 07:51 PM
Well that is a bit of a disappointment if we can't use it....as far as I know all the other critters from the battlegrounds and tournaments are breedable.....I guess if you had the gems this was the time to use them....

Will have to wait on this one the same as the emerald dragon by going the old fashioned route of luck based breeding...which is fun I guess!

ArcadiaTofu
11-05-14, 07:59 PM
Ahh, my estimation that they'd close the backdoor by early morning was off a bit---seems it took them around 2-ish today to make their 'fix' work for everyone.

I'm sorry for everyone that missed this amazing loophole, though with how TL seems to make every new ultra have SOME type of loophole, the odds are good the next ultra we see will have another backdoor.

I'm just grateful this forum is so up-to-date and on top of things, otherwise myself and many, many others would have never known about this exploit or taken advantage of it. Well done, everyone and thank you! :D

EviBrooklyn
11-05-14, 08:03 PM
Ahh, my estimation that they'd close the backdoor by early morning was off a bit---seems it took them around 2-ish today to make their 'fix' work for everyone.

I'm sorry for everyone that missed this amazing loophole, though with how TL seems to make every new ultra have SOME type of loophole, the odds are good the next ultra we see will have another backdoor.

I'm just grateful this forum is so up-to-date and on top of things, otherwise myself and many, many others would have never known about this exploit or taken advantage of it. Well done, everyone and thank you! :D

I was debating this morning if I should speed and breed one more. Luckily I did breed my 5th. I don't like them at all (look wise), but I figured I rather sell my low earning duplicate rares and supers and have more of ruby gem.

kbli7355
11-05-14, 09:23 PM
Oh, man... I don't even have a unicorn... And this ultra is really disappointing me...

Splashy81
11-05-14, 09:49 PM
Soooo glad I came here and read the latest posts! I was about to speed up the Ruby I have now & try for a second. I'm glad I didn't waste the gems! Two would be nice, but I'm content with one!

I did have to go & be nosy at
FallenH's forest though... :eek: ;)

blinvy2
11-05-14, 09:55 PM
Yeah! Crystal unicorn and fairy ferret got me 45 hour breed. I either got emerald dragon or ruby razorback, I have neither so either way, I''m thrilled.

flowless
11-05-14, 10:01 PM
Oh man I missed out

I never get these cool things happening to me
And I never had a new animal after the first breed

Now it's emerland and ruby that I would suffer to get unlike many

gammarayburst
11-06-14, 04:44 AM
:( Darn it! When the Steam Trunk tourney was going on, I decided that I didnt really like the look of it, so I didn't spend any gems to win it (I wasn't having very good luck with those last few battles). Boy, am I regretting that decision now! Oh, well. I would've missed the loophole anyway because I just saw the posts now. I'll have to make sure that I try harder for tournament animals in the future even if I don't care for them, and I will be checking this forum more often so I don't miss anything! Congrats to all who were able to get Ruby Razorback so quickly! I guess I'll go back to my Crystal Unicorn/Pyro Pony combo and sit through all of the 1-hour fails. *sigh*

msb283
11-06-14, 07:11 AM
I missed out on the glitch, by the time I saw this, my Steamtrunk was already taken out of my breeding list! Congrats to everyone that got to take advantage of that :)

But thankfully, after literally hatching about 20 Ponies in a row, finally got her:)

EviBrooklyn
11-06-14, 07:19 AM
I missed out on the glitch, by the time I saw this, my Steamtrunk was already taken out of my breeding list! Congrats to everyone that got to take advantage of that :)

But thankfully, after literally hatching about 20 Ponies in a row, finally got her:)

Congrats !!!

Aernak
11-06-14, 07:31 AM
I guess I'll go back to my Crystal Unicorn/Pyro Pony combo and sit through all of the 1-hour fails. *sigh*

At least you have a unicorn! ;-) I am still trying every day to get one, as are both of my kids.

my607
11-06-14, 07:38 AM
At least you have a unicorn! ;-) I am still trying every day to get one, as are both of my kids.

Same here so you aren't alone. The million dollar question is when are we going to get unicorn.

Galadraal
11-06-14, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone! Steamtrunk wasn't intended to able to use in the Breeding Garden, so the game team removed it as an option to use. Sorry for the inconvenience! Best of luck breeding the new Ruby Razorback! :)

I hope you guys change your mind and allow us to breed for him and with him :-) Maybe as a Christmas prezzie? I think he's cute :-) I tried to breed him before I found out he was a tournament prize

EviBrooklyn
11-06-14, 08:38 AM

I truly want to thank you for sharing with us your combo right away. You did give us all a chance to get this ultra rare.
For those who lost on this opportunity, I'm rooting for you and hope you get it soon.
We all need to get along in this forum and root for each. Negative feelings are never good.
Also I'm sending unicorn baby dust to all that are trying to breed that little cutie !!!

GreasedLightening
11-06-14, 09:17 AM
I truly want to thank you for sharing with us your combo right away. You did give us all a chance to get this ultra rare.
For those who lost on this opportunity, I'm rooting for you and hope you get it soon.
We all need to get along in this forum and root for each. Negative feelings are never good.
Also I'm sending unicorn baby dust to all that are trying to breed that little cutie !!!

Your welcome. Just doing what everyone on this forum does.....share info. I do enjoy playing this game, it is a challenge to get the right breeds. I also enjoy reading all posts. Keeps me entertained, and also has helped me advance faster in this game. So thank you....to all who post your tips, suggestions, ideas, charts, graphs, list, etc. please don't stop. We all need a llitle help once in a while. But new day..new challenge...
Breed those razorbacks people!!!! I personally still need a crystal dragon. Any ideas?

EviBrooklyn
11-06-14, 09:31 AM
Your welcome. Just doing what everyone on this forum does.....share info. I do enjoy playing this game, it is a challenge to get the right breeds. I also enjoy reading all posts. Keeps me entertained, and also has helped me advance faster in this game. So thank you....to all who post your tips, suggestions, ideas, charts, graphs, list, etc. please don't stop. We all need a llitle help once in a while. But new day..new challenge...
Breed those razorbacks people!!!! I personally still need a crystal dragon. Any ideas?

My only advice on breeding an emerald is a lot of patience during the 100 fails of panda and unicorn. I know others have bred it with unicorn and the troll or with other animal combos. I can't sit through 10 hours or more of failed attemps. But I can deal with one hour fails. I got mine probably after 100 tries, so at least a week of trying, but I managed it.

GreasedLightening
11-06-14, 11:03 AM
My only advice on breeding an emerald is a lot of patience during the 100 fails of panda and unicorn. I know others have bred it with unicorn and the troll or with other animal combos. I can't sit through 10 hours or more of failed attemps. But I can deal with one hour fails. I got mine probably after 100 tries, so at least a week of trying, but I managed it.

Thanks for advice... Been trying with pandas...fails..fails and more fails.... But like you cannot sit through long hour fails, so I haven't tried many other nature animals...so back to pandas.
Good luck to all trying for razorback.. From reading first post on this thread, looks like most achieved ruby with a pyro pony.

seekerbears
11-06-14, 04:28 PM
Omg I got the unicorn!!!! I can get this guy now!

Hawksmoor
11-06-14, 04:46 PM

Congrats seeker! :D What combo did you use?

EviBrooklyn
11-06-14, 05:27 PM
Congrats seeker..

my607
11-06-14, 05:35 PM

Congrats! Spread some luck my way! Which animals did u use?

my607
11-06-14, 05:45 PM

How many times did u used the same animals?

gammarayburst
11-06-14, 06:57 PM

Yeah, I know I was really lucky with that; I managed to get the Unicorn before they made the Pandaffodil/Unicorn breed take an hour, so I got the Emerald Dragon right away. I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get the Unicorn. Just hang in there and you'll get it eventually. :)

seekerbears
11-06-14, 09:28 PM
Congrats seeker! :D What combo did you use?

This is to everyone that is asking me sorry for late reply I used the Maganacore and turtise combo it actually only took 2 tries surprisingly thanks for the congrats and don't give up you guys will get it

dragonloona
11-06-14, 10:28 PM
Finally evolved my Ruby Razorback to level 10, now for the others!!! Pictures below!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image1_zps6ffaeae5.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image1_zps6ffaeae5.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image2_zpsad6299d1.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image2_zpsad6299d1.jpg.html)

seekerbears
11-06-14, 10:30 PM
WHAT NO! I missed out on the glitch awwwew;(

Crr008
11-07-14, 05:07 AM
Used the Ruby in the Thorilla Battlegrounds for the first time. Round 75 I beat the Level 15 Emerald with a Level 7 Ruby! Very fun.

cedkugedchgd
11-07-14, 11:01 AM
ok so when it first came out I spent all my 227 gems speeding up tue fire ponys and I got... nothing :)

so then I just tried without using gems and after 10 tries I got y glorious 45 hours!!!!!! :D

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 11:24 AM
Used the Ruby in the Thorilla Battlegrounds for the first time. Round 75 I beat the Level 15 Emerald with a Level 7 Ruby! Very fun.

Did you use fire attack or crystal attacks?

Petasos
11-07-14, 06:57 PM

My piggy posse...

Galadraal
11-07-14, 08:02 PM

My piggy posse...

nice :-)

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 08:36 PM

My piggy posse...

I visited you earlier .. Your piggies occupy half your forest..Very cute!!

Crr008
11-07-14, 08:42 PM
Did you use fire attack or crystal attacks?

I used crystals.

Crr008
11-07-14, 08:45 PM

My piggy posse...
That's crazy. All those little red piggies porking out the $$$$$$ for you! Congrats.

EviBrooklyn
11-07-14, 09:33 PM
Someone here said that he/she got 19 ruby gems lol

FallenH
11-07-14, 09:36 PM

My piggy posse...

wow!! :)

my607
11-08-14, 05:55 AM
Someone here said that he/she got 19 ruby gems lol

I guess people do take advantage thru the back door then.

SilverBunnyDragon
11-08-14, 04:40 PM
YES!! I FINALLY got that evil red pig after 50 or more pyro ponies!! O_O And I was able to do it without exploiting any glitches or backdoor mistakes, so yeah for me!! ^_^

zenobia42
11-08-14, 04:41 PM
YES!! I FINALLY got that evil red pig after 50 or more pyro ponies!! O_O And I was able to do it without exploiting any glitches or backdoor mistakes, so yeah for me!! ^_^

Congrats, that's awesome!!!

dreamusman
11-08-14, 05:00 PM
What is the best combo for this cutie

EviBrooklyn
11-08-14, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately pyro pony and unicorn. You might have to go through a lot of one hour fails but it is what it is

dreamusman
11-08-14, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately pyro pony and unicorn. You might have to go through a lot of one hour fails but it is what it is

Thanks

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 06:07 PM

...and it's still the shortest fail compared to other combos of Unicorn paired with Fire hybrids. So maybe not so unfortunate.

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 06:10 PM
I took a couple screenshots of this creature who is the boss in level 70 of the Thorilla battlegrounds:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/mystery-gem-fire1_zps6de96794.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/mystery-gem-fire2_zpse5c77681.jpg

Remember my earlier complaints that this looked more like a regular hog and not a boar because it had no tusks?

Well, it actually does have tusks; it just wasn't as obvious to me while the mouth was open. LOL. But the tusks seem more prominent now, with a longer, narrower snout more befitting a boar. The artwork was updated to create a leaner, meaner beast.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg.html)

I wonder what the epic looks like NOW.

intrinsicallyknotted
11-08-14, 07:43 PM
I've got to say, I loved the look of this beastie from the moment I saw him in the battlegrounds (after I got over the shock of having to fight a gem-fire hybrid I'd never seen before)! Wild boars are scary/awesome and I'm excited to see a creature that's not what I think of as a "charismatic mammal". Big cats and flying horses are great, but give me some variety. After three straight days of breeding Pyro and Unicorn, I still haven't gotten him, so I'll have to console myself with my even-more-awesome-looking Arboar.

(Also, I'm kicking myself because I kept checking this thread after the Ruby Razorback came out, but didn't actually read through to the revelation about breeding with Steam Trunk. I could have taken advantage of that if only I'd read the WHOLE thread. I've learned my lesson!)

kbli7355
11-08-14, 10:04 PM
This piggie looks tough. Hopefully next gem creature will be a cutie.

gammarayburst
11-09-14, 02:02 AM
WOO HOO!!! I just got a Ruby Razorback with Crystal Unicorn and Pyro Pony! I'm so excited now! I thought it would take a lot longer for me to breed him, but I've had a really lucky day today. I was also able to breed a Vinotaur so that I can try for the Treasure Toucan. Fingers crossed that my luck continues when my Vinotaur is able to breed because I really want that Toucan!

SANDSCApe
11-09-14, 05:45 AM
What some are referring to as "back-door" methods (as though it were some dirty trick) are simply opportunities that present themselves under NORMAL BREEDING RULES. Any player who understands the rules and is vigilant can spot them immediately. Some of us see these potential opportunities before the animal is even introduced.

When TeamLava determines that an opportunity is being abused, they then must alter the breeding rules, creating aberrations and neutered creatures. In many cases though, the opportunity closes naturally with the introduction of potential fails. Electric-Natures presented alternate outcomes to the Emerald-Leopard combo, just as breedable Water-Fires would eventually have done the same for the Unicorn-Steamtrunk combo.

Even if they were't ready to roll out Water-Fires, they could have quickly introduced a Pure-Fire 15-hour Rare, hastily drawn in freakin' crayon if they wanted to, with no animation, no parenting codes, no battling codes, no income, no feeding, no evolution, no nothing, calling it Crazy Crayola Crayfish or something.

Crr008
11-09-14, 08:14 AM
LOL, Sand. Crayfish. Too funny.

zenobia42
11-09-14, 09:54 AM
Remember my earlier complaints that this looked more like a regular hog and not a boar because it had no tusks?

Well, it actually does have tusks; it just wasn't as obvious to me while the mouth was open. LOL. But the tusks seem more prominent now, with a longer, narrower snout more befitting a boar. The artwork was updated to create a leaner, meaner beast.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg.html)

I wonder what the epic looks like NOW.
I think your screencap is of the level 10-14 and the one from the battlegrounds is the epic form. I don't think it changed. The form looks the same to me, and the extra colors a typical epic for them. I think I caught a couple screencaps of the tourney piggie that I didn't post, choosing the "action shots" instead. I will find my resting shots tourney ss's and post them so we can compare apples to apples.

zenobia42
11-09-14, 10:01 AM
Okay, I did get one resting piggie shot:

epic piggie in tournament:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/tourneypiggie_zps882d235e.png

Sand's adult piggie shot:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg

Other than the addition of the gemstone to the forehead that they are doing on all epic forms now, seems the same shape to me.

ETA: the epic duck is one of my favorite animals to look at in the game. Glad he was in that shot as a bonus lol.

SANDSCApe
11-09-14, 12:08 PM
Okay, I did get one resting piggie shot:

epic piggie in tournament:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/tourneypiggie_zps882d235e.png

Other than the addition of the gemstone to the forehead that they are doing on all epic forms now, seems the same shape to me.

But compare this battleground pic of the epic Razorback with your earlier ones. There the ruby crystals around the torso stuck out more and were more spiky. They made the pig look more porky and the head was somewhat rounder, like a farm hog.
Now the rubies are shorter and blunter so the Razorback looks more serious, less flashy and definitely slimmer.

Or do the crystals stick up and get pointy while the face gets shorter, rounder and fatter when it's attacking? Was this pic taken at the same time as that one?

zenobia42
11-09-14, 12:17 PM
But compare this battleground pic of the epic Razorback with your earlier ones. There the ruby crystals around the torso stuck out more and were more spiky. They made the pig look more porky and the head was somewhat rounder, like a farm hog.
Now the rubies are shorter and blunter so the Razorback looks more serious, less flashy and definitely slimmer.

Or do the crystals stick up and get pointy while the face gets shorter, rounder and fatter when it's attacking? Was this pic taken at the same time as that one?

I took this pic the same time as I took the others. I just happened to choose the other 2 to post when making the thread because they were more dramatic lol.

I don't have access to that round of battles since shortly after taking the batch of screenshots. I have a couple more but they are not much different. Though one has a cool-looking fire attack coming from it' as it's attacking, with a little inferno on my hapless conducktor. That's kind of interesting. I'll transfer that one to my photobucket and post that in a sec.

zenobia42
11-09-14, 12:22 PM
Here it is:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/185255d28cb92b03e5ce47490d10dfb2_zpseb83d3ae.jpg?t =1415560901

Gotta say, the graphics in this game are INFINTELY better on my new iPad Air than they were on my old iPad2. Such detail!

EviBrooklyn
11-09-14, 12:28 PM
Here it is:
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/185255d28cb92b03e5ce47490d10dfb2_zpseb83d3ae.jpg?t =1415560901

Gotta say, the graphics in this game are INFINTELY better on my new iPad Air than they were on my old iPad2. Such detail!

Good to know bc I'm getting a new ipad

SANDSCApe
11-09-14, 02:12 PM
I took this pic the same time as I took the others. I just happened to choose the other 2 to post when making the thread because they were more dramatic lol.

I don't have access to that round of battles since shortly after taking the batch of screenshots. I have a couple more but they are not much different. Though one has a cool-looking fire attack coming from it' as it's attacking, with a little inferno on my hapless conducktor. That's kind of interesting. I'll transfer that one to my photobucket and post that in a sec.

Wow! Animation really makes a big difference in the way animals appear in our pictures. Some of these creatures have dramatic moves on the battlefield. Others are downright hilarious. But always, always entertaining. The art & animation team should be applauded.

kbli7355
11-09-14, 08:20 PM
If you watch Japanese animes you will find out more, friends.
I just can't compare the dragons in DS and the creatures in FFS, especially the epic forms. At first I thought this ruby piggie looks a bit stupid and I was disappointed. But when I saw the epic form, I was like wow! This animal sure is awesome! And then when I look at the baby form again I thought it was really really cute.
But these thoughts really aren't the things that I'm supposed to care about, since I don't even have a Crystal Unicorn...
Good luck to all of the players who are still trying to breed a Crystal Unicorn or a Ruby Razorback.

zenobia42
12-16-14, 08:56 AM
Tonight I will have an epic ruby evolved! This guy is worth leveling IMO for fighting alone. They are the best fighters against nature-fire, dark-nature, electric-nature, and gem-nature. There are currently 18 animals of those element combos that could show up in any arena battle. I am excited to use my level 15 ruby in the next arena!

Vodelle
12-16-14, 11:28 AM
Tonight I will have an epic ruby evolved! This guy is worth leveling IMO for fighting alone. They are the best fighters against nature-fire, dark-nature, electric-nature, and gem-nature. There are currently 18 animals of those element combos that could show up in any arena battle. I am excited to use my level 15 ruby in the next arena!

Woah, congrats!! That must have taken up sooo much food (and time). Hopefully it will make your tournaments smoother. (Or, you know, more infuriating when your perfect counter fails against something numerous times. Let's hope not! :p)

zenobia42
12-16-14, 01:03 PM
Woah, congrats!! That must have taken up sooo much food (and time). Hopefully it will make your tournaments smoother. (Or, you know, more infuriating when your perfect counter fails against something numerous times. Let's hope not! :p)

lol - it will mean that for one of those animals the ruby is ideal for, I can't blame myself for not evolving my ruby. If it doesn't work, at least I threw the best animal possible at it.

The total cost for leveling an epic animal from level 1-15 is 138,325 food. :eek:
The lion's share of that is the 110,000 to get from 10 to 15. 1-10 is nothing in comparison.

cquinn32
01-02-15, 12:48 PM
Lol I knew it would work!!! Just think about it??

itdragson
01-23-15, 06:09 AM
The Ruby Razorback is out.
Ultra-rare Gem-Fire hybrid.
Hi there looks great what did you use to get that RubyRazorback?

Scangelina
05-18-17, 09:38 PM
I'm so happy to finally have my 1st fire & gem hybrid. I just got 45hr timer with Pyro Pony LVL 15 & Crystal Unicorn LVL 15. I just bred my 1st dark/gem hybrid(Onyx Direwolf) 2 days ago & put it on the nest. I can't believe the luck I'm having right now.