PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

starryeyed005
11-03-14, 03:14 AM
So I've already started decorating for Christmas, who else is already decorating? I hope I'm not the only one, I guess I'm just super excited :p
Also I have to wait for a month for new Christmas decorations...when are you guys going to start decorating for Christmas?

Azriemw3
11-03-14, 05:58 AM
I want expand cost lower

larissa2k
11-03-14, 07:49 AM
I thought about doing it and just skipping thanksgiving decor but I need to expand for all of Christmas decor I have. I thought it was too soon but I might decorate the problem is I've only been playing a year I have Christmas version but there's no cohesiveness in the items I like to be able nicely decorate and there mix of classic items I got from 2012 version and last year items that were good but doesn't match anything.

starryeyed005
11-03-14, 08:06 AM
I thought about doing it and just skipping thanksgiving decor but I need to expand for all of Christmas decor I have. I thought it was too soon but I might decorate the problem is I've only been playing a year I have Christmas version but there's no cohesiveness in the items I like to be able nicely decorate and there mix of classic items I got from 2012 version and last year items that were good but doesn't match anything.

I've seen few people already decorating, but I'm hoping BS will release the new decorations early December rather than the week before Christmas. I agree, last years were alright but it didn't match, I'm hoping this years will be better.

rocketsmama
11-03-14, 11:04 AM
Hopefully, we get the content BEFORE the Holiday.

mayennalee
11-03-14, 01:31 PM
I have.

We dont celebrate Thanksgiving in our country so its straight to Christmas here.

I would like more non snowy Christmas decor. Not everyone has snow at Christmas.

SylvanasWindrunner
11-03-14, 01:49 PM
We have sunny Christmas too in Australia! :D but I havent really decorate for Christmas, as I just started playing this year, I dont have any Christmas decorations yet :(

LalaSmooth
11-03-14, 02:12 PM
I was tempted but we are getting goals this week. Maybe Thanksgiving ones

stereo38
11-03-14, 04:05 PM
Although Christmas decoration are wonderful, and I always get them, I think it might be nice to include a few Chanukah decorations, too. Whereas the Christmas stuff is always lovely, there are certainly many Chanukah decorations that can be presented. And there are quite a few yummy Chanukah recipes, too. Although a 'Chanukah Bush' and 'Menorah Windows' were available last year, I hope this year they offer many more Chanukah items.

filochick1982
11-03-14, 05:50 PM
We have sunny Christmas too in Australia! :D but I havent really decorate for Christmas, as I just started playing this year, I dont have any Christmas decorations yet :(

Hey there fellow Aussie! I do like a snowy Christmas though. I can't be bothered pulling out my autumn decor again (had to store it all for Halloween) so I think I will skip Thanksgiving as well and go straigh to Christmas. I think I might decorate around mid November and keep it all on display til early January.

Natasha_07
11-03-14, 06:02 PM
I only have sunny Christmases but I like to make believe with the snowy decorations.

sls0991
11-03-14, 07:26 PM
I start decorating for Christmas shortly after Halloween in my own house, so my bakery will be no different. I'll have a few thanksgiving things, but it's really not a decorative holiday, it's mostly about the food and the gathering. So if TL skips Thanksgiving updates, I won't be bothered by it at all. I'm almost done redecorating my bakery now, but I haven't added any christmas stuff, because I just don't have any. Last year we got zilch. I really hope we get a ton of re-releases AND new stuff this year. *crossing my fingers!*

I only have sunny Christmases but I like to make believe with the snowy decorations.

I can send you all the NY snow, lol.

ElaineCarrel
11-03-14, 08:06 PM
I was tempted but we are getting goals this week. Maybe Thanksgiving ones
We won't b getting a challenge for another wk. We get them the 2nd WEDNESDAY of the month.

I've just finished decorating for Thanksgiving in both bs and RS. I love the fall so I couldn't ignore thanksgiving.
I can't wait to decorate for Christmas cuz I went hog wild last yr w my leftover gems from the Black Friday sale last yr and hit both the XMAS box and winter boxes so I've got plenty of stuff.

SylvanasWindrunner
11-04-14, 06:36 PM
Hey there fellow Aussie! I do like a snowy Christmas though. I can't be bothered pulling out my autumn decor again (had to store it all for Halloween) so I think I will skip Thanksgiving as well and go straigh to Christmas. I think I might decorate around mid November and keep it all on display til early January.

Sup :D
Yeah I love snowy Christmas too! Snowy Christmas I never had :p

Me too Ill probably start decorating when the Christmas goal is up :)

filochick1982
11-04-14, 09:00 PM
I start decorating for Christmas shortly after Halloween in my own house, so my bakery will be no different. I'll have a few thanksgiving things, but it's really not a decorative holiday, it's mostly about the food and the gathering. So if TL skips Thanksgiving updates, I won't be bothered by it at all. I'm almost done redecorating my bakery now, but I haven't added any christmas stuff, because I just don't have any. Last year we got zilch. I really hope we get a ton of re-releases AND new stuff this year. *crossing my fingers!*

I can send you all the NY snow, lol.

We got a Christmas goal last year and the holiday carolers display but I think the 2012 Christmas decor was nicer with the reindeer and Santa's Grotto.

Natasha_07
11-04-14, 09:33 PM
We got a Christmas goal last year and the holiday carolers display but I think the 2012 Christmas decor was nicer with the reindeer and Santa's Grotto.

Add holiday cupcakes, snowball fight, ice cupcake, winter fireplace, some penguins on a sled, snowman baker, brick display, firewood, holiday teddy bears, holiday fireplace, 2 couches, etc, etc, etc...

I like my 2012 items more too...

snlps
11-04-14, 10:06 PM
I would like for the Christmas 2012 goal prizes to be released for purchase. I started playing feb/2013 so I missed out. Those prizes look soo much cuter than last years. The neon Santa was a little weird.

twospoons
11-05-14, 06:49 AM
I don't dislike last year's as much as most people seem to, especially if you have an outdoor section. I love looking at houses with crazy lights everywhere (although I worry about their power usage), so it's nice to have that option in bakery. but yeah, this year i would also like to go back to more traditional/cute kind of stuff.

but i'm not decorated for xmas yet, because i have to have at least a little autumn time! i was halloween all last month, and before that i had maybe 2 weeks with the apple theme, otherwise it was all non-seasonal decor like the coffee house. i'll wait until dec. 1 for christmas decorating.

nclady252
11-05-14, 01:42 PM
I decorated for Christmas on the 1st. I was tired of the dreary fall look. I do celebrate thanksgiving.

indigojo66
11-08-14, 10:08 AM
I started playing in early June of this year. I have nothing seasonal/ holiday related in my inventory. I pay cash for items, but NOT several days before the holiday date, so if TeamLava would like their own Christmas bonus, then I suggest they start releasing some winter themed items NOW... It would be my goal to have a festive bakery throughout December. Just my two cents.

LalaSmooth
11-08-14, 12:48 PM
I would like for the Christmas 2012 goal prizes to be released for purchase. I started playing feb/2013 so I missed out. Those prizes look soo much cuter than last years. The neon Santa was a little weird.

It was the ugliest thing ever! They were BAD goal rewards last Christmas.

larissa2k
11-08-14, 04:05 PM
Am just going to do a winter theme in till December than all add in the Christmas items

qhLb691
11-08-14, 10:47 PM
I'm another fellow Aussie. I get so sick of all the American goals, I'd really like them to have an Aussie goal for a change. I've requested it a couple of times but get nowhere. I'm hoping thanksgiving might be skipped as a goal this year and they'll go straight to Christmas.

filochick1982
11-13-14, 06:42 PM
I'm another fellow Aussie. I get so sick of all the American goals, I'd really like them to have an Aussie goal for a change. I've requested it a couple of times but get nowhere. I'm hoping thanksgiving might be skipped as a goal this year and they'll go straight to Christmas.

Unfortunately I don't think there are enough Aussie players to warrant devoting an entire theme around Australian content. Plus imagine what an outcry it would result in from all the US players who don't realise TL has players all over the world.

filochick1982
11-16-14, 05:37 AM
It was the ugliest thing ever! They were BAD goal rewards last Christmas.

LOL. I didn't think they were that bad! But I prefer the 2012 goal prizes for sure. Can't wait to see what they dish up for 2014. Really looking forward to decorating for Christmas this year. I think I have enough decor to decorate my whole bakery :)