PDA

View Full Version : System maintainence & timed quests

myndisue
11-01-14, 09:47 PM
I was just wondering if we will be given extra time with the Halloween quest since you are planning to do maintenance overnight.

dragoniakingdom
11-02-14, 02:06 AM
My game is currently under maintenance & cannot be accessed.

Hopefully it won't be for long.

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 02:33 AM
Well with the last lot of 'maintenance' only a week or so ago and no mention of extra time or extra energy to compensate so far I doubt we'll get any this time. I've come on here to find a post stating there will be maintenance.

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 02:39 AM
Seeing as I haven't 'liked' the dragon story Facebook page or twitter, a post on here for the rest of us would be nice. I can't see a post on here. Just as well I woke up in time to get my first tapping of the day done. Seriously not impressed as this is the second during this timed event.

katbtodd
11-02-14, 02:43 AM
Seeing as I haven't 'liked' the dragon story Facebook page or twitter, a post on here for the rest of us would be nice. I can't see a post on here. Just as well I woke up in time to get my first tapping of the day done. Seriously not impressed as this is the second during this timed event.

No it's not right so many people need this time

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 02:50 AM
Yep I appreciate at 2am in America most are asleep, but I woke up around 8.30 maybe as it's a Sunday they're thinking we'll have a lie in, well not with a timed quest that means I need to wake up to send off the knights for another adventure. Sundays are when most play for most of the day, or at least every 2 hours. Some form of energy crate or extra time is the least they can do.

anissada
11-02-14, 02:53 AM
isn't it possible to warn us 5 minutes in advance that the game is going to be shut down?
also a little reward for our inconvenience would be nice, thinking 3-5gems a time.

these thing do happen in other games i play and are much appreciated !

also it's not fair that we loose energy in general and time in timed goals due to this maintenance.

also.. maintenance should better take place during the week instead of sunday when a lot of people are free

gadel
11-02-14, 03:00 AM
I hope the tournament time on dragon story will be frozen ��

silveryedges
11-02-14, 03:05 AM
I usually do not complain but this is a bit unfortunate for people in Europe who would like to start collecting for their timed quests on a Sunday morning.

For the future - a heads up the day before would be appreciated and a lot of inconvenience could be avoided.

rosym47
11-02-14, 03:07 AM
I would like to know just how long the TL "few minutes" actually lasts. If it's going to take an hour or so then please be upfront and say so.

silveryedges
11-02-14, 03:09 AM
I would like to know just how long the TL "few minutes" actually lasts. If it's going to take an hour or so then please be upfront and say so.

The screenshot in the first post says a little over two hours. The system should be online again at 3:20 PDT.

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 03:10 AM
isn't it possible to warn us 5 minutes in advance that the game is going to be shut down?
also a little reward for our inconvenience would be nice, thinking 3-5gems a time.

these thing do happen in other games i play and are much appreciated !

also it's not fair that we loose energy in general and time in timed goals due to this maintenance.

also.. maintenance should better take place during the week instead of sunday when a lot of people are free

2am on a Sunday morning is standard for maintenance. But common sense would state that the customer should dictate ie based on the time most are asleep, when they work. Unfortunately either way someone will be inconvenienced but giving a good amount of notice is key. 24 hours would be ideal then people can plan.

rosym47
11-02-14, 03:17 AM
Missed the first screenshot so it would be nice if the current message gave the kind of info you have. Thanks for letting me know.

ciarjen
11-02-14, 03:17 AM
They did notify the forum

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74616-Schedule-Maintenance-11-2-14

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 03:27 AM

The entire forum is no good, each individual game forum is ideal. Clearly that thread doesn't work.

mymummy789
11-02-14, 03:29 AM

I think in future they should put a notice in all the games individual forums. Personally, I have the team lava forums page bookmarked so I don't see the storm 8 announcement thread.

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 03:34 AM
I think in future they should put a notice in all the games individual forums. Personally, I have the team lava forums page bookmarked so I don't see the storm 8 announcement thread.

Ditto!

anissada
11-02-14, 04:06 AM

a pop-up in the game itself would be a much better anouncement, no player will miss that, not everyone knows about or checkes the forum index

tcgms17
11-02-14, 04:13 AM
Game is back up

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 04:19 AM
Yes like their sale pop ups.

katbtodd
11-02-14, 04:20 AM

Same here

Sylvaniaskingdom
11-02-14, 05:06 AM
Sorry I didn't see this post before I posted my own, very frustrating when trying to finish a timed quest, when you live in UK its not down whilst you are sleeping, its been a little over 2 hours now and I never saw a post either saying it was going to be down, they should put 2 hours on msg and not be back in a few minutes.

kooky panda
11-02-14, 10:15 AM
Games are back up!