PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question.

sweetypies97
11-01-14, 05:09 PM
I downloaded this because of a BS goal and I'm feeling incredibly dumb. Where on earth do I find my wall? My son has posted on my wall so when I look at my farm on his ipad I can see that I have messages, but I'm not getting notifications and I can't find it anywhere! Help please?!

edit - found it! I looked for ages but as soon as I posted I looked under overview. I hadn't clicked on it because I thought an overview was a summary or how to of how play the game.

SpiritWind00
11-01-14, 05:44 PM
I downloaded this because of a BS goal and I'm feeling incredibly dumb. Where on earth do I find my wall? My son has posted on my wall so when I look at my farm on his ipad I can see that I have messages, but I'm not getting notifications and I can't find it anywhere! Help please?!

edit - found it! I looked for ages but as soon as I posted I looked under overview. I hadn't clicked on it because I thought an overview was a summary or how to of how play the game.

I'm glad you found it! You can get to the wall 2 ways, through the star on top left, or menu. In my signature is the link to the game guides which are brilliant. We hope you stay and enjoy this game. There is a Help Me thread (sticky thread) if you need any more help or advice. Just follow the goals, use your energy wisely and you'll be an addict, I mean expert, before you know it! :)

roguebee
11-01-14, 08:15 PM
Actually, there is a third way as you can get to your wall through the scroll in the upper right corner.

sweetypies97
11-07-14, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying the game so far, am up to level 10. I seem to be having trouble reducing gifts - people write on my wall saying they've sent one, but I don't receive them.

dragoniakingdom
11-07-14, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying the game so far, am up to level 10. I seem to be having trouble reducing gifts - people write on my wall saying they've sent one, but I don't receive them.

Gifts go directly into your inventory. One way of checking is to write down how many of x items you have before a neighbour sends out their gift to see if it has increased.

To make it simpler to check perhaps ask a neighbour for a specific item ie silver rather than having to write down the numbers for all giftable items.:

Edit: Usual typo!

PurpleScorpion76
11-07-14, 04:05 AM
You have to accept the gifts first.

sweetypies97
11-07-14, 05:33 AM
I'm not even being notified that a gift has been sent - so I can't accept them. I'm sure it will work itself out, I think I remember something happening a year or so ago in another game.

What is the point of the storage cellar that it promoted me to buy and build? I don't seem to be able to store anything in it and I'm being told I can't hold any more milk, eggs and wood.

Jir67
11-07-14, 05:43 AM
I'm not even being notified that a gift has been sent - so I can't accept them. I'm sure it will work itself out, I think I remember something happening a year or so ago in another game.

What is the point of the storage cellar that it promoted me to buy and build? I don't seem to be able to store anything in it and I'm being told I can't hold any more milk, eggs and wood.
do you have neighbors? they sent you gift...

8hat
11-07-14, 06:46 AM

Even though there is a physical building in your kingdom for your "storage cellar" it's just your inventory - go to market in the bottom right then inventory. The max for most things is 99 but it seems you can have an infinite number of different types of things.

meme1098
11-07-14, 07:24 AM

When you go to market, my inventory, you'll see everything you have crafted, been gifted, etc.
If you're full on eggs or milk, you need to use them in the royal exchange. If you don't have it yet, stop collecting from the animals until you can use some of the items since you'll just waste your energy. Use the wood to craft something in your workshop..keep it going constantly if you can because you'll need those blocks & beams. And build 2 workshops if possible.
About the gifts, tap the scroll at the upper right corner and you should see them there. Tap accept and they go directly into your storage. To see them go to market, my inventory and the last accepted gift should be first.
At your stage goals, upon goals will start popping up but take your time with them, especially the caravans. Don't load any goods into the caravans because they disappear from your inventory and you can't get them back for other uses.
Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. Many fantastic players here that will help.

Here's a great link with lots of info to help you along your way:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide