PDA

View Full Version : New gem-fire creature coming? In battlegrounds now.

zenobia42
10-31-14, 06:19 PM
I took a couple screenshots of this creature who is the boss in level 70 of the Thorilla battlegrounds:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/mystery-gem-fire1_zps6de96794.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/mystery-gem-fire2_zpse5c77681.jpg

No idea when it will become available (it is NOT available now). But hey, let's start a thread about it! We can update the thread with the animal name and release date when it comes out. IF it does. :)

viramisu
10-31-14, 06:58 PM
Another gem hybrid eh? But what if unicorn is not exist on my forest :(

ArcadiaTofu
10-31-14, 07:02 PM
My money's on it being called Ruby Boar or Amber Boar. It goes with the overall theme of how they've named every Gem creature after certain types of stones.

Looking forward to getting this one, but if they try and give us 5-hr fails or more then I'm gonna be REALLY mad. Keep it at 1-hr pony fails, TL, unless you want a riot :\

zenobia42
10-31-14, 07:10 PM
My money's on it being called Ruby Boar or Amber Boar. It goes with the overall theme of how they've named every Gem creature after certain types of stones.

Looking forward to getting this one, but if they try and give us 5-hr fails or more then I'm gonna be REALLY mad. Keep it at 1-hr pony fails, TL, unless you want a riot :\

I agree - it will almost certainly be a Ruby ... Something. It follows logically from the other "gem habitat" animals - crystal and emerald.

sweetypies97
10-31-14, 07:45 PM
Fire hog? :D

dumbpluff
10-31-14, 08:56 PM
ooh!! so they are planning to do more gem types!

this is exciting, oh man.

flowless
10-31-14, 09:31 PM
I don't like it much

Doest feel like a gem creature

Phoenix for me is a better choice with some difference in design
It's majestic unlike this red lion

my607
10-31-14, 10:33 PM
It's gem and fire creature. So if you don't have gem creature then you can't get it.

my607
10-31-14, 10:35 PM
Another gem hybrid eh? But what if unicorn is not exist on my forest :(

Then you can't get it

bluefoxcrystal
11-01-14, 01:16 AM
I don't like it much

They already have a phoenix :) the adorable cosmic phoenix.

flowless
11-01-14, 02:55 AM
��
They already have a phoenix :) the adorable cosmic phoenix.

I know that ;)

I just wish they chose the phoenix To be the gem fire creature instead of this lion

zenobia42
11-01-14, 08:03 AM
��

I know that ;)

I just wish they chose the phoenix To be the gem fire creature instead of this lion

I *totally* agree with you on that. A boar is bo(a)ring lol, compared to a dragon or unicorn. They should have not released a non-gem phoenix because a phoenix would be [b]perfect[/i] as a gem-fire. A boar is a totally banal animal. It should be a mythical creature. I don't like it. I'd have been happier if it were a ruby dragon - just a totally different-looking dragon from the emerald. Maybe a longer, more sinuous body - an East Asian style dragon - or something.

sweetypies97
11-01-14, 03:34 PM
I agree - a pig doesn't really fit in with mythical unicorn and dragon. What are they thinking?

Possible names could be: Fire hog, as suggested earlier. Hot porker. Roast swine. Lazy red. Affronted and grunted.

Maybe it is a warthog?

zenobia42
11-01-14, 03:38 PM
Hot porker.

I don't know why, but that REALLY made me laugh - I'd vote for THAT name if we could vote LMAO!

zenobia42
11-01-14, 06:13 PM
Hot Porker. STILL laughing at that. I LOVE it!

Also maybe Ruby Sows-Day.
Maroon Swine.
(in a musical kind of mood, lol)

Garnet Varmint

Porky's Revenge

sweetypies97
11-01-14, 08:34 PM
:D

lol @ Garnet Varmint!

MelodicStars
11-01-14, 09:30 PM
I really adore the giant crystals poking out of its neck or whatever cause it looks really fancy and cool. But honestly, a "pig" or a "boar" or whatever it is doesn't seem to fit in with the gracious dragon and mystical unicorn. Oh well, just my opinion.

gammarayburst
11-01-14, 10:32 PM
I agree with what others are saying about this boar; it really doesn't fit in with the other gemstone animals, and it isn't my favorite design. That being said, I'm still excited about having another ultra rare to try for.

EviBrooklyn
11-01-14, 11:19 PM
I don't like it much

I totally agree. I didn't like it either and I was thinking about the phoenix shape with maybe the unicorn's colors

SANDSCApe
11-02-14, 01:59 AM
Now that I'm looking more closely, it's not even a boar or warthog. IT HAS NO TUSKS. What kind of legendary pig has no tusks?! It's just a hog. A Ruby Hog. A RUBOG! LOL
I think a new artist on the team must have a thing for porkers. Frankenswine, Arboar... but this one is terribly out of place.

viramisu
11-02-14, 02:53 AM
The new hybrid is ugly, sorry TL.

A2TUDE
11-02-14, 02:57 AM
I thought it be more mythical can't wai got gem and emerald:)

sanya87
11-02-14, 03:42 AM
Don't think I will bother too much with this one when it comes out, I still don't have emerald dragon and I definitely prefer him then this creature.

zenobia42
11-02-14, 08:02 AM
Don't think I will bother too much with this one when it comes out, I still don't have emerald dragon and I definitely prefer him then this creature.

I am going to try for it just because I can easily try for BOTH it and the emerald at the same time by putting a fairy ferret in the den with the unicorn.

sanya87
11-02-14, 08:51 AM
Yeah that doesn't seem like a bad idea... Trying for two animals instead of one gives at least more chance to get one of those two one day. But fails will be longer too I guess... Well we will see when it comes out, but I prefer however to get emerald dragon :)

Drachenia
11-02-14, 11:35 AM
Hello! I think it's really great, this wildness and not good and noble as the Crystal Unicorn or Emerald Dragon. I can not wait until it comes out, the Deseigen is gorgeous, but the red should be darker.

zenobia42
11-02-14, 11:41 AM
Yeah that doesn't seem like a bad idea... Trying for two animals instead of one gives at least more chance to get one of those two one day. But fails will be longer too I guess... Well we will see when it comes out, but I prefer however to get emerald dragon :)

But it's nature and fire - meaning most fails will be fairy ferrets - which are only 3 hours. :)

arikatu
11-02-14, 06:45 PM
Definitely not as noble or majestic as its ultra rare counterparts, but if we're looking for mythical influences, maybe we could look to the Greeks? Because my mythology pretty much sucks, a quick Google search and a couple Wikipedia pages later, there's the Erymanthian Boar: the one that Hercules had to deal with as one of his tasks. And there's also the Calydonian Boar that was in some big hunt that the gods participated in.

Personally, for a Fire/Gem hybrid, I was hoping for maybe a hell hound. Then again, I guess that's what the Terrorier could be...

EviBrooklyn
11-03-14, 10:16 PM
I am going to try for it just because I can easily try for BOTH it and the emerald at the same time by putting a fairy ferret in the den with the unicorn.

Zen if you do that, you'll get a bunch of fire / nature critters with long failing time. But if you breed gem/ fire or gem/ nature, your failed breedings will be one hour each. If I was you, I'll breed 2-3 rounds of gem/ fire, then switch to gem/nature and then back to gem/fire

zenobia42
11-03-14, 10:26 PM
Zen if you do that, you'll get a bunch of fire / nature critters with long failing time. But if you breed gem/ fire or gem/ nature, your failed breedings will be one hour each. If I was you, I'll breed 2-3 rounds of gem/ fire, then switch to gem/nature and then back to gem/fire

We will see when the time comes. Though most fails with gem, fire and nature will be only 3 hours. It's not like koalas or even armordillos in terms of fail time. I really don't know what I will do when the time comes. Really, between the extreme disppointment of not getting the scare crow despite SPEED breeding 24/7 the whole time it was available, and the game refusing to give me even me one single new super rare in 28 days, And no room to do anything, I don't know how much longer my interest in the game will last. I DID manage to get a steam trunk, for no gems even, and I am pretty happy about that, but 28 days with no no supers being bred despite like a dozen new one having been released... And tons of 17 hour common fails filling up that time... It's more disappointment than joy these days. A lot more. If I am still around when a new gem hybrid comes out, we will see what I will do.

The one thing I do know is that if I find a good way to get it, the first thing I will do is share it with everyone here. :)

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 12:45 AM

Nope. Zen is on the money. Better to pair Unicorn with a hybrid; pairing it with pure Fire or Nature gives you the 1-hour blocker which won't do jack for providing explosives (cuz, you know, you might get expansions and need to mine for runes again sometime soon. Ihihihi). Speeding through the blockers will cost 5 gems per hour while speeding through the hybrids cost the normal 1 gem per hour.
Also, if you're going to endure fails, you can't pick a more bearable group than Nature-Fire hybrids, which breed in 3-7 hours -- shortest fail times outside the rip-off blockers.

As Zen said, we'll see when the time comes. While most of us are unimpressed or disappointed by the ultra-rare hog, the rush to breed it will contradict all the protests. Since I don't have 500 gems for the Grand Gem Grove, I'll drop 6M coins on a big one to house The Three Little Pigs. Yup. I plan to breed 3 Rubogs. I still wish they were Ruby Rumptifusels.

SANDSCApe
11-04-14, 01:11 AM
Definitely not as noble or majestic as its ultra rare counterparts, but if we're looking for mythical influences, maybe we could look to the Greeks? Because my mythology pretty much sucks, a quick Google search and a couple Wikipedia pages later, there's the Erymanthian Boar: the one that Hercules had to deal with as one of his tasks. And there's also the Calydonian Boar that was in some big hunt that the gods participated in.

Personally, for a Fire/Gem hybrid, I was hoping for maybe a hell hound. Then again, I guess that's what the Terrorier could be...

Hindu source: When a great demon stole Earth and took her down to the depths of the oceans, the god Vishnu morphed into an enormous pig and dove into the watery depths to fight the demon. Having defeated the demon in an epic battle (gotta love an immortal pig who can do deep diving and fight underwater), Vishnu carried Earth to the surface, balancing her on his tusks (seals have nothing on this guy), then flew into the heavens to return the Earth to her rightful place in the universe. Yay! Vishnu Varaha! The divine swine who saved the world.

But he would have traditionally have been depicted with blue skin, so that would make more sense as a Gem-Water. Besides, as I complained earlier, this fire hog has no blasted tusks. I wish they had given it tusks. Maybe it's a sow. I still think a Rumptifusel would have been perfect.

zenobia42
11-04-14, 01:05 PM
It's in the shop (and therefore presumably also breedable) now. It's called a "Ruby Razorback."

my607
11-04-14, 01:08 PM
It's in the shop (and therefore presumably also breedable) now. It's called a "Ruby Razorback."

This is unfair to the players who don't have a crystal unicorn. This is another animal I can't get until I breed crystal.

SANDSCApe
11-08-14, 05:48 PM
I took a couple screenshots of this creature who is the boss in level 70 of the Thorilla battlegrounds:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/mystery-gem-fire1_zps6de96794.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/mystery-gem-fire2_zpse5c77681.jpg

Remember my earlier complaints that this looked more like a regular hog and not a boar because it had no tusks?

Well, it actually does have tusks; it just wasn't as obvious to me while the mouth was open. LOL. But the tusks seem more prominent now, with a longer, narrower snout more befitting a boar. The artwork was updated to create a leaner, meaner beast.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb146f685.jpg.html)