PDA

View Full Version : Beginner help needed making money!

lemongem
10-29-14, 02:07 PM
I'm a newbie only been playing for a couple of weeks... I'm seriously struggling though with how to make money. Like right now, I'm stuck with an egg in my nest needing hatching, but it needs a habitat that costs 190,000! It has taken me days to get to 70k and the whole time my sloth and jackalope are trapped in the breeding area because I can't get them out until I hatch this egg.... I've spent ages sitting harvesting crops every 30s to get food to upgrade my animals - but of course the food costs money to begin with...... Help!

BlueCanary
10-29-14, 02:30 PM
If its a Skyger needing a dark habitat, I'm going to suggest selling it off the nest for now. Skygers are super easy to breed and you can just crank one out when you can afford the habitat.

riddledom
10-29-14, 06:22 PM
I would also sell the skyger for now. Tap on the egg, it tells you to get the habitat, but there is also an option to sell it. Once you have the habitat, just breed fire and water again.

One way to make money is to get as many little green habitats as you can, and put them full of Pandaffodils. So before you put the new egg on the nest, buy some pandas, those only take 20s to hatch. Level them to level 3 or 4 or so (you will probably sell them as the game progresses and you get other animals). The little nature habitat can hold 1800 coins, that's a nice sum every time it fills up if you have say 5 of those habitats.

In terms of money, it is generally a good idea to always have the maximum number of habitats allowed for your level, even if you put them full of "temporary" animals (and even if you sell some of those habitats later on). You can see how much the animals earn when clicking on them in the album.

Aernak
10-29-14, 06:37 PM
I 100% agree w filling your island to the max w habitats and the max amount of animals. Even if you start with lots of pandas, let them earn you dough and then sell them off as you breed new animals.

I also 100% agree w selling off the Skyger egg until u have already bought and built his habitat. He is super easy to breed.

lemongem
10-30-14, 03:44 AM
Thanks. It is a skyger so I will sell him. But he's so pretty lol!
I will take the advice for panda thingies and fill my kingdom with them :D

If its a Skyger needing a dark habitat, I'm going to suggest selling it off the nest for now. Skygers are super easy to breed and you can just crank one out when you can afford the habitat.

SANDSCApe
10-30-14, 09:23 AM
Thanks. It is a skyger so I will sell him. But he's so pretty lol!
I will take the advice for panda thingies and fill my kingdom with them :D

All the advice above is solid, but let me add some more.

Make sure you generate a lot of traffic to your forests by visiting others. More traffic means more visitor bonuses, which you should collect as often as you can. You can collect far more coins from bonuses than your animals actually earn. The more you visit and play in other forests, the higher your social rating and your visibility on the Community lists; so others are more likely to drop in on you. Also, many players return vista to those they see on their newsfeed so it really helps to get around. Give, and you shall receive.

Try to keep your supers and rares out of the Garden until you can afford to do without their income. Let Sloth & Jackalope stay home; Plantlers & Ferret will produce the same breeding results and you won't miss the peanuts they would have been earning.

As for Skyger, it is a beauty, but when you get his habitat, the breed is fail-proof if you use only Fire and Water.