PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 10/29/14

Natasha_07
10-28-14, 04:53 PM
Guys check the blog, I see past items. Hope this is true...

http://media.tumblr.com/17e39d3d8921c071dcffc6d86b898876/tumblr_inline_ne6h6dD2g11qm7yoc.pngDo you boo-lieve in ghosts? Come on in and sit for a spell or two with your favorite mummies and monsters! Enter at your own risk onto the Haunted Elevator in Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!
Eat, drink and be scary with these bewitching elements:

Mummy Chair
Eyeball Stew
Skeleton Hand Table

LavaRain8
10-28-14, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lfLctwH.png

Do you boo-lieve in ghosts? Come on in and sit for a spell or two with your favorite mummies and monsters! Enter at your own risk onto the Haunted Elevator in Restaurant Story!

Eat, drink and be scary with these bewitching elements:

Mummy Chair
Eyeball Stew
Skeleton Hand Table

Bright side, the stuff looks pretty neat (and re-released?). Not-so-bright side...it's on the 28th. So, yeah, there's that. Tough decision for some, but I just can't see me buying this to just store for a year, but to each his own.

Natasha_07
10-28-14, 05:03 PM
I'm thinking I might only buy Monster Mash & that whimsical house since I've always wanted it. ;)

Rainbowpridecafe
10-28-14, 05:07 PM
I hope its not a box..and I hope they dont cost alot of gems...

LavaRain8
10-28-14, 05:11 PM
If the house is affordable, I may just buy it since the goal prize really needs a house to go with that stupid mailbox that is just sitting there on it, for if I use it next year. Otherwise, I guess I'll just work with what I've got next year, though I do like a few of the things here in general.

mdemeowmeow
10-28-14, 05:29 PM
That haunted doorman is the cutest thing ever

panix
10-28-14, 05:36 PM
I will be sooooo excited if they re-release that haunted house!!!! That is the one item I really really regret not buying last year! Really excited for this weeks update!! Thank you TL for the Halloween items!

LalaSmooth
10-28-14, 06:04 PM
Are these old items or no?

ElaineCarrel
10-28-14, 06:37 PM
deleted on purpose.

CuteTali
10-28-14, 06:51 PM
Great idea bringing back old designs into the game and giving all players equal opportunities to obtain items TL!

StevenKevin
10-28-14, 06:55 PM
Fortunately this stupid halloween thing will be over next week. Mainly old stuff, TL seem to ignore their older customers/players. If i didnt have such friendly neighbors I would prob close my restaurant, take a week off and say: NEXT

ElaineCarrel
10-28-14, 07:45 PM
Fortunately this stupid halloween thing will be over next week. Mainly old stuff, TL seem to ignore their older customers/players. If i didnt have such friendly neighbors I would prob close my restaurant, take a week off and say: NEXT

I so agree w u.

jmterao
10-28-14, 09:23 PM
I am an older player! Aand although I have a lot of that stuff there is still some I would like to get!

I am very happy with the release as I find it pretty darn hard to do a good job decorating with just a couple of items they release on the single week releases. Maybe some people are happy with just a piece or two but I do themes throughout my restraunt. The more stuff the better!

twospoons
10-28-14, 10:41 PM
Well, if it had been released earlier, I would be extremely happy. I didn't need 4 weeks of halloween updates, I'm totally fine with the 2 weeks, but I wish you'd switched this content with last week's. will probably still buy some of it though, even with gems, cause it is pretty darn cute. And I really hope the monster counters mean the monster tables & chairs will be re-released! I love those things, but only have a couple.

TL, please release christmas content in EARLY december!

fatbearsecondary
10-28-14, 11:34 PM
Looks like there will be some old content as well as new content this week. Fingers crossed for spooky chest!!!

ccrispiher
10-29-14, 01:53 AM
Please, can you bring new recipes? Thanks dear friends

jim23cash
10-29-14, 03:39 AM
Yay! I'm happy to get more Halloween stuff. It's my favorite holiday! Please release it earlier next time, so we have time to decorate before the holiday!

xxxe
10-29-14, 07:47 AM
Fashion story's teaser had items from last year which they did not rerelease so don't get too upset if some of last years items pictured in the teaser don't come back.

rocketsmama
10-29-14, 08:21 AM
I'm excited, but disappointed that it wasn't released earlier....

angeleyes17
10-29-14, 10:05 AM
I'm sooo excited to see the new (old) items! Has anyone seen the update yet?

meme1098
10-29-14, 10:12 AM
Not til 12 Pacific time where TL is.

my607
10-29-14, 10:45 AM
Update is here. Going to pass on the Halloween decorations. Saving for Black Friday. New recipe eye stew for six days.

PepperWoo
10-29-14, 10:59 AM
Woah what a gem heavy update! I'm quite eyeing that haunted house... love the things for coins! :o

http://i.imgur.com/CBwGtET.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ddor5d3.jpg

rosewaterlily
10-29-14, 11:10 AM
The eyeball stew is back but you can't see the mastery bar because it's covered up by the 6 days limit sign. I *think* I mastered it but am not sure.

orleansparish
10-29-14, 11:27 AM
Awww man! I want that monster mash. Why must it be available now?! I can't buy it. Just bought the darn thing from last week. I cry....

Natasha_07
10-29-14, 11:36 AM
Gem heavy indeed ! Too bad the monster mash has to be so expensive, but the haunted house I'm definitely buying.

angelmama24
10-29-14, 11:53 AM
Woah what a gem heavy update! I'm quite eyeing that haunted house... love the things for coins! :o

http://i.imgur.com/CBwGtET.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ddor5d3.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. :)

minidemon88
10-29-14, 12:00 PM
Gems heavy! But I don't remember seeing the Boo-lloon?

Bought the haunted house last year, I'm not sure what to buy now. It's too expensive if you wanna buy them all. :(

Francys08
10-29-14, 12:30 PM
Thank you Team Lava so much for bringing back the Haunted House.I was able to buy the house.I like this week update starting by the Haunted House , Skeleton Lamp ,Well of spirits and so on.Thank you again.
http://i.imgur.com/7C7rpKR.jpg

angeleyes17
10-29-14, 01:36 PM
I'm so excited that there are so many incredible items available for both gems and coins!! I've stocked up on my halloween decorations, and even though they'll only be displayed for a few more days this year, it just means my restaurant will be be even better next year! SOOO happy for the haunted house and the haunted watch tower!!!

thepuppyplace3
10-29-14, 01:42 PM
I can't buy any of the gem items, but they coin items are cute enough that I can have some more Halloween items. I do wish we could have gotten the decorations earlier. Oh well.

winterpumpkin
10-29-14, 03:03 PM
Great update! I bought the clock tower. love it.:D

CuteTali
10-29-14, 03:18 PM
Great update! Thanks TL! Only one thing I don't like is the monster party being so crazy expensive, I won't be buying it :(

SylvanasWindrunner
10-29-14, 04:37 PM
I wonder if they removing 'current' halloween items soon so it becomes a collectible as well ?

kmkgirl
10-29-14, 06:10 PM
Wondering if gems will go on sale again before the limited time re-released items are gone? One of my neighbors said gems are on sale for her right now for the rest of the night however they are not on sale for me. I need to buy quite a few gems to get all the items I like because they're so expensive and I "accidentally" spent 65 gems last week to finish all recipes right away.. Second time this has happened to me, so frustrating! Please let me know if I will get an opportunity to buy discounted gems within the next 5 days?

Thank you!

teamburcroff
10-29-14, 06:18 PM
Thank you for an awesome update! I'm really grateful to have an opportunity to purchase former decorations! Thank you and I'm hoping for continued awesome-ness for Christmas. :) Wow! Awesome limited recipe too! It has 500 experience points for each made! Two thumbs up! :)

CrossYourHeart14
10-29-14, 07:45 PM
So we will not be able to keep the stew recipe after the 6 day mark????

sweetypies97
10-29-14, 09:18 PM
Loving this update! I had nearly 200 gems saved and just splurged. Saving some for Christmas in the hope that we get another special treat.

friedtokki
10-29-14, 09:28 PM
Just thought I'll post a picture of the LTOs.

http://i60.tinypic.com/r8xiqw.jpg

PoisonThorne
10-29-14, 09:56 PM
Loving this update! I had nearly 200 gems saved and just splurged. Saving some for Christmas in the hope that we get another special treat.
Haha, you are not the only one, did the same in Bakery Story as well. Probably dumb since I can't put most of it out without about a dozen or so expansions! But, but, I have been waiting on Halloween stuff since I started playing back in January :p

About the eyeball stew..Do we get to keep it if we master it? Not that there is any way to see the bar :p Hate that about some of the smaller decorations too. Can't really see them due to the Click again to buy sign :(

jc32079
10-29-14, 11:13 PM
Does anyone have a close-up picture of Monster Mash in their restaurant? I'm thinking of getting it but for 70 gems I fee like I need a better idea of what it looks like. Thanks!

twospoons
10-30-14, 12:53 AM
i'm kind of glad the eyeball stew is LTO, although it's kind of weird for a recipe, just because it's such a fake "food" (no offense to the cannibals out there). great for halloween, sure, but i'd hate to still see people eating eyeballs the rest of the year. i'm hoping to just get the 1st gem from it, i think. too lazy to master it in less than a week.

and it looks like i lied about not spending gems. should have known better. thank you so much for those happy halloween tiles - for some reason i only had 11 of them. and the tombstone table, which i think i couldn't afford more than 2 of last year - but now i have plenty of coins for them! now the big decision: with my current gems, i can afford either the house or the monster mash (or the clock tower, which i love, but isn't LTO so will get it for next year after the BF gem sale). house is great to have with end prize for this year's goal set, but i always wanted the monster mash. but that's more expensive, and it's not quite what i thought it was.

maybe i'll leave it up to fate, see if i get a gem sale.

PS: also love the new coin content! buying a bunch of it! thanks TL! sell it earlier next year!

PPS: but not the expired display. if i wanted that, i'd just forget to serve my food and let it rot on the stove. ick.

ccrispiher
10-30-14, 03:05 AM
Thx, the new items are awesome, but I need new recipes for to have more gems, thx again

LavaRain8
10-30-14, 06:27 AM
Haha, you are not the only one, did the same in Bakery Story as well. Probably dumb since I can't put most of it out without about a dozen or so expansions! But, but, I have been waiting on Halloween stuff since I started playing back in January :p

About the eyeball stew..Do we get to keep it if we master it? Not that there is any way to see the bar :p Hate that about some of the smaller decorations too. Can't really see them due to the Click again to buy sign :(

Does everyone else actually have that 6 days left LTO message on their eyeball stew? I don't have one on mine, I can see my progress bar. Not sure if this means that I will keep mine necessarily, just seems weird. Unless it's an iOS vs. Android thing?

xxxe
10-30-14, 06:31 AM
Hey did anybody see the pop up this morning? I Xed out of it too fast to read it. Something about the stew being 500xp points? I noticed that the xp was super high but once you're level 99 I guess it doesn't matter much. Just curious what the pop up about it said. Thanks.

kooky panda
10-30-14, 07:46 AM
Hey did anybody see the pop up this morning? I Xed out of it too fast to read it. Something about the stew being 500xp points? I noticed that the xp was super high but once you're level 99 I guess it doesn't matter much. Just curious what the pop up about it said. Thanks.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/a57c27ba-8d55-41b1-ab15-092a43f1e776_zps1ff07679.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/a57c27ba-8d55-41b1-ab15-092a43f1e776_zps1ff07679.png.html)

kooky panda
10-30-14, 07:51 AM
Does anyone have a close-up picture of Monster Mash in their restaurant? I'm thinking of getting it but for 70 gems I fee like I need a better idea of what it looks like. Thanks!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/yuisaito/restaurant_story-2011-11-11-03-01-58.pngFrom master box thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48635-Restaurant-Master-Box-List&p=576670&viewfull=1#post576670)

xxxe
10-30-14, 07:54 AM
Thanks Kooky!

meme1098
10-30-14, 08:54 AM
I hadn't mastered that recipe before, the eyeball stew, so all my stoves are cookig it at present. Lots of players can level up a few times now cooking it. I think it looks cool on the stove but that's probably just because purples my favorite color. :o

Natasha_07
10-30-14, 09:46 AM
The haunted house goes perfectly with the goal prize, have put mine next to it. Thanks TL for bringing it back, now I have both BS & RS haunted houses.

I guess a lot of lower level players can benefit from the eyeballs stew for 500xp.

Natasha_07
10-30-14, 09:55 AM
Does everyone else actually have that 6 days left LTO message on their eyeball stew? I don't have one on mine, I can see my progress bar. Not sure if this means that I will keep mine necessarily, just seems weird. Unless it's an iOS vs. Android thing?

Are you playing on an old android edition ? If so could be the reason since everyone else has a timer. Maybe a moderator can clear this up, Kooky would you be a darling and answer this please ?

jc32079
10-30-14, 11:57 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/yuisaito/restaurant_story-2011-11-11-03-01-58.pngFrom master box thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48635-Restaurant-Master-Box-List&p=576670&viewfull=1#post576670)

Thank you for the pic of the Monster Mash! It's really cute!

rocketsmama
10-30-14, 01:56 PM
Will we be able to master the "eyeball stew" even though it's a limited time offer? Or will it be gone after the days expire? I'm on IOS. Just wondering if anyone knows.

PoisonThorne
10-30-14, 02:43 PM
Will we be able to master the "eyeball stew" even though it's a limited time offer? Or will it be gone after the days expire? I'm on IOS. Just wondering if anyone knows.
Hoping we can master and keep it. Now that I blew all of my gems I am probably leaving up my Halloween stuff until xmas! Then again, being as it is 500xp per serve, not sure. Unless they just remove the 500xp once it is mastered???

ElaineCarrel
10-30-14, 06:04 PM

I would assume it's a LTO since it's got a day countdown on it. I'd highly recommend cooking it nonstop until u master it. I discovered I'd not mastered it when I was busy cooking it and serving it when the first gem popped up. I was just gonna keep cooking it until I'd done it 83 times since I've got nothing else to do since I've mastered all recipes and appliances.

xxxe
10-30-14, 08:27 PM
I wish the countdown wasn't covering the mastery level thingy. I have been cooking it on 4-5 ovens constantly since Wednesday and I don't remember a pop coming up saying I've gotten to level 1 yet. If by tomorrow night I don't have an extra gem (for hitting level 2) I'm going to assume something is wrong there lol

PoisonThorne
10-31-14, 12:03 AM
I wish the countdown wasn't covering the mastery level thingy. I have been cooking it on 4-5 ovens constantly since Wednesday and I don't remember a pop coming up saying I've gotten to level 1 yet. If by tomorrow night I don't have an extra gem (for hitting level 2) I'm going to assume something is wrong there lol
I was doing it on only 4 ovens and started late, got a line cook pop up today. Maybe you just missed the pop up? Just wish you could see the dang bar instead of the "5 days left" Grrrrrrr

MamaFoodie
10-31-14, 04:17 AM
No Spooky Chest. :(

ccrispiher
10-31-14, 07:27 AM
Can you put new dishes to cook? The old them no get gems. i'm thinking to leave play for this cause

meme1098
10-31-14, 09:31 AM
Have you mastered all the recipes on all the appliances?

nastmei
10-31-14, 10:24 AM
Deleted

TheLegendKid08
10-31-14, 03:40 PM
The halloween recipe / eyeball stew its offering 500 xp but it is not fair .That is very convenient for new players like myself to level up but what about all those players that reached to level 99 who did not have this help.With the amount of xp is super easy to level up so quickly and my opinion is not fair for the all of players who took months and years to reached to level 99.

http://i.imgur.com/mncgE7c.png

sugakane_01
10-31-14, 05:01 PM

I'm playing on Android not IOS but I just mastered it in my level 64 restuarant and am about to master it in my level 36 one as well (cooking nothing but the stew on 16 stoves in one restaurant and 9 in the other) I think most likely it'll be gone since it's a seasonal dish but if they let us keep it the experience points will probably drop WAY down. I wanted to hurry up and master it so if they take it away I'd at least had earned my gems and got a bunch of experience points out of it.

pixiegamer
10-31-14, 05:22 PM
The halloween recipe / eyeball stew its offering 500 xp but it is not fair .That is very convenient for new players like myself to level up but what about all those players that reached to level 99 who did not have this help.With the amount of xp is super easy to level up so quickly and my opinion is not fair for the all of players who took months and years to reached to level 99.

http://i.imgur.com/mncgE7c.png

As a player who recently reached level 99, I honestly don't care that this wasn't there when I still had levels to go through. On the contrary, I'm excited for players like you! It's great you all have such an amazing opportunity offered by TL :)

It took me about a year to reach level 99, but what I realized as I reached higher levels was that I wanted to level up slowly; I found that the higher a level I achieved, the less there was for me to explore (for example, I loved getting the message that I had unlocked items on the market, but as I progressed through the levels this notification came fewer and fewer times). Now that I'm at level 99, I can't look forward to those anymore, and now it's only a matter of time before I master all the recipes and start losing interest. Thankfully, with updates every week, it should be a long while before that happens ;)

With regards to the Eyeball Stew itself: obviously, the XP doesn't quite matter to me anymore, but I appreciate it because it's something new that I can challenge myself to master in the short, short time that it's available. I see it more as an opportunity/race for 2 extra gems, and since my restaurant is currently Halloween-themed, as a great way to add to the atmosphere as well :)

I don't think 99-ers are going to be too hurt about it, don't worry ;)

TheLegendKid08
10-31-14, 06:19 PM
I understand your point , thank you

TheLegendKid08
10-31-14, 06:20 PM
As a player who recently reached level 99, I honestly don't care that this wasn't there when I still had levels to go through. On the contrary, I'm excited for players like you! It's great you all have such an amazing opportunity offered by TL :)

It took me about a year to reach level 99, but what I realized as I reached higher levels was that I wanted to level up slowly; I found that the higher a level I achieved, the less there was for me to explore (for example, I loved getting the message that I had unlocked items on the market, but as I progressed through the levels this notification came fewer and fewer times). Now that I'm at level 99, I can't look forward to those anymore, and now it's only a matter of time before I master all the recipes and start losing interest. Thankfully, with updates every week, it should be a long while before that happens ;)

With regards to the Eyeball Stew itself: obviously, the XP doesn't quite matter to me anymore, but I appreciate it because it's something new that I can challenge myself to master in the short, short time that it's available. I see it more as an opportunity/race for 2 extra gems, and since my restaurant is currently Halloween-themed, as a great way to add to the atmosphere as well :)

I don't think 99-ers are going to be too hurt about it, don't worry ;)

I understand your point .Thanks

orleansparish
10-31-14, 06:43 PM

We are getting the gems from cooking. I just have every available stove out because I really need the xp to level up for more appliances and recipes. I didnt think we would until I got the first gem.

ElaineCarrel
10-31-14, 07:52 PM
It really doesn't matter to me either. I've been LVL 99 for over 11/2 yrs. and back then there was an 1hr ck that was worth 95xps which was nice. If u play this game long enough U learn 2 overlook a lot of things.
Besides It's just a game.

dala12
11-01-14, 01:41 PM
Does someone know why there is the date 1917 on the dish with the graveyard pudding? Or is it random? Spooky!

dejoul123
11-02-14, 02:54 AM
Does someone know why there is the date 1917 on the dish with the graveyard pudding? Or is it random? Spooky!

I'm so glad you asked this question!! Actually - look when one of the bots is in the process of eating the Graveyard Pudding.. It has another date on it 19** something (I can't remember exactly) - but I tried googling the two dates to see if anything came up Halloween related - but nothing really stood out..

I was wondering the exact same thing. Can anyone tell us if these two 1900 dates on the Graveyard Pudding mean anything, or just a random choice by TeamLava?..

dala12
11-02-14, 09:29 AM
I thought it was 1979. I wondered that was the date that TL was grounded (just wondering not stating !). But 1917...mm it would be nice if someone could tell us a horror story about this!

Natasha_07
11-02-14, 11:30 AM
Maybe the year is just random, or not...

sweetypies97
11-03-14, 01:53 AM
Is there any way to check how close we are to mastering the eyeball stew? The daily countdown timer is in the way.