PDA

View Full Version : Severe Android Crashing

Natasha_07
10-26-14, 06:18 PM
I'm playing on a Samsung tablet and DS crashing everyday is a normal thing for over 1 year, however in the last 3 - 4 weeks the game crashes every 5 - 10 seconds, I have to re-plant, re-evolve, re-remove egg from nest, etc.

After it crashes it remains frozen for 40 seconds to 1 minute.

Please fix this ! The game is almost unplayable !!!!!!

[S8] Elsa
10-27-14, 03:00 PM
Sorry to hear about this. We've shared your report with the team. :)

Please note if you are playing on an older device that you may experience a decline in performance due to limited resources on the device. As you add more Dragons and decorations, more animations and items require more resources. You may be able to improve the game's performance by closing down background applications.

echo005
10-28-14, 04:57 PM
Just a thought.perhaps TL can add a note on play store that players must have a new device and upgrade their device every time there is a new version/more dragons are added.makes sense to me

JustKay
10-29-14, 03:48 PM
While I can understand it's a bit tricky to set minimum device requirements, I hope TL do some performance testing on fully expanded and populated islands. The game will probably run fine on older devices for low level islands with few dragons and not much expansion.

I'm getting the same problems (iPhone4). One attempt I've made to resolve this is to store all decorations, orient all habitats the same way so that same habitats don't load two images into memory, clear as many plants\rocks as possible, and leave dragons stashed away in the stable\healingspa\evolutionchamber until I need those buildings. This seems to have improved performance on my device, but has not resolved the crashing and connection drop outs. I believe this is related to the intensive events going on in multiple TL games (crashes started happening the same time and have been getting worse as events progress and more people participate in full)

Natasha_07
11-04-14, 08:14 PM
The crashing has eased up not completely but much better with the new winter edition, I can play for 5 minutes continuously unlike previously every 10 seconds crashing.

Please keep this up, I will be uninstalling the regular edition and keep winter only.