PDA

View Full Version : Expanding Question

WordsForFreedom
10-25-14, 09:44 AM
On my main island I've expanded and cleared all areas except one. To the top left side there's one spot that they just won't let me expand to. I've started expanding the Island to the south of it but still not helping. Anyone know about this issue/how to solve it?

AJImmer
10-25-14, 10:07 AM
On my main island I've expanded and cleared all areas except one. To the top left side there's one spot that they just won't let me expand to. I've started expanding the Island to the south of it but still not helping. Anyone know about this issue/how to solve it?

There's a patch of land on the main island that they don't allow you to clear - if you visit higher level players you'll see that no one has cleared that spot. I saw somewhere an explanation that TL has "reserved" that spot for future use.

WordsForFreedom
10-25-14, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the answer. I guess I'll let my OCD just quietly **** me.

ghostiemom
10-25-14, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the answer. I guess I'll let my OCD just quietly **** me.

:D lol!

kooky panda
10-26-14, 02:27 PM
There's a patch of land on the main island that they don't allow you to clear - if you visit higher level players you'll see that no one has cleared that spot. I saw somewhere an explanation that TL has "reserved" that spot for future use.

From the Developer:

Thanks for the feedback. For corner and ledge areas it's totally not a simple fix like you suggest. For some of the seemingly random areas, we actually reserve those spots in case we want to add new on-board things (like the Dawn Tree) in future updates. Basically, if we let people expand everywhere, if we ever wanted to add a new thing to everyone's boards, we couldn't, because players would have built on those spots. That's only a few small spots though, 5 or 6 I think.