PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Fish Getting Away?

dragonspearls
10-25-14, 05:03 AM
Is anyone else getting a "it got away - try again" message when fishing? This happened to me 3 out of the last 4 times I've fished. I'm 3/4 of the way to level 31 and this has never happened before. Why now?

inesat
10-25-14, 05:48 AM
I got "try again" SIX times in a row just now. I was pretty annoyed when half of my baits started getting me absolutely nothing last night, but today I'm closer to furious. Really disappointed with this new "update". As it stands right now my bait shop loses resources instead of contributing to them. I'd really appreciate a comment from the staff on the merits of doing this change.

edit: I even got a "try again" when fishing in a hotspot!

dragonspearls
10-25-14, 06:20 AM
I got "try again" SIX times in a row just now. I was pretty annoyed when half of my baits started getting me absolutely nothing last night, but today I'm closer to furious. Really disappointed with this new "update". As it stands right now my bait shop loses resources instead of contributing to them. I'd really appreciate a comment from the staff on the merits of doing this change.

edit: I even got a "try again" when fishing in a hotspot!

I got the "try again" while fishing a hotspot too. You're right, with this new 'feature' the bait shop is now a loser rather than a contributor. The only upside is that dough bait is cheap when it comes to materials, although its manufacture time pretty much negates that especially when you don't get any fish.

The game can be frustrating once you reach level 20 - esp for those who can't/won't buy gems - and this only adds to the frustration. Yet another strike against FS2.

Not a happy farmer and seriously considering quitting.

inesat
10-25-14, 07:02 AM
The only upside is that dough bait is cheap when it comes to materials
I see absolutely no upside whatsoever. Let's see what happens when you get six "try agains" in a row, using dough bait and average prices:
BEFORE: In 9 hours of using the bait shop I could make 6 dough baits. The materials cost 108 coins (36 for 12 wheats and 72 for 12 corns). With these baits the worst case scenario was getting 6 anchovies (their cost is 324 coins). So in 9 hours the least I could benefit was with resources that amount to 216 coins. Which is ok but not ideal, considering how much the buildings, trees and other materials you need to advance the game cost. That's where the occasional catfishes, basses and building materials came in. To make the output of the baitshop decent.
NOW: In 9 hours of working the bait shop I got rewarded with losing the equivalent of 108 coins in materials.

Someone try to explain to me how this makes sense. And I want none of the "unlucky streak" excuse, because this is not the case. Even when I wasn't "streaking" last night, half of my baits went to waste.

Nastylilhobbits
10-25-14, 08:40 AM
This should not be happening. I have a feeling the Halloween event is causing a problem as they have in the past.

twospoons
10-25-14, 09:44 AM
This is awful! I tried 3 times yesterday and once today, 2 of those times on hotspots, for absolutely nothing. At least in the other "chance" areas of the game (well, in mining, which is the only one I've tried) you can usually manage to get something with the hints. Now even following their directions in fishing gets you zip! Bad choice TL!

nicola211982
10-25-14, 10:17 AM
I came here to ask the same thing. I've lost way more fish than I caught and I don't get enough fish for every i need anyway.

Please can it go back to the way it was.

kooky panda
10-25-14, 02:20 PM
This was a feature when the game first came out, but they did change it so this would not happen.
I will report this over to see if this is by design or glitch.

Moving thread to bug forum.

puppynox
10-25-14, 02:25 PM
I came here to ask about this as well. I thought it was because I just got my second bait shop, but I guess the timing is a coincidence. I lost all of the last 7 dough bait that I fished with. The other kinds of bait haven't done it to me yet. Like another poster said, I'm pretty much furious at this point.

Why do they have to keep messing with the game? A few weeks ago, there was the huge problem with the drop rate on deliveries, and now this. This is what they do for a living? I'd be fired if I kept screwing up at work this much. Or maybe it's on purpose, in which case they really are morons. Rather than cause people to buy more gems, it will result in people feeling less confident in their product and spending less money on it (or quitting).

Well, for now I believe I will stop fishing altogether.

dragonspearls
10-25-14, 02:34 PM
I see absolutely no upside whatsoever.

I should have included something along the lines of "when you grow the needed wheat and corn". Yeah, if I'm using it to make bait I'm not selling it, but on the other hand, the market is often saturated with people selling these 2 crops. I've never had much luck in selling them so grow what I need - 98% of the time anyway, sometimes I'm forgetful and don't plant enough in advance.

I do see your point though, especially for those who need to buy bait materials rather than growing it themselves. I'm probably in the minority in that being disabled and unemployed, I have more free time to grow the crops I need. Unfortunately, I'm becoming more and more frustrated with this game, and this is just one more nail in the coffin.

inesat
10-25-14, 04:44 PM
dragonpearls, I completely understand what you're saying, but crops don't acquire value the moment you sell them in your shop for coins. I don't buy/sell that many crops myself, but they still have value because I "invest" them by using them in recipes, plane orders etc. Getting a bit off topic, here. :)

Anxiously waiting to see if this actually was a "bug", since the thread got quickly moved to the "bugs forum", or if TL are trying to force my hand to buy gems (which I had no problem doing so far, but we all draw a line somewhere).

puppynox
10-25-14, 11:20 PM
Hopefully we don't have to wait until the weekend is over to have some resolution on this. Since I don't feel I can fish, it will probably only take a train order or two before I deplete most of the fish I have on hand. At that point, I will probably have to start turning away trains. If that happens, I'll probably cut way back on how much I play.

I see this as probably being more manipulation on the part of TL. Maybe I'm wrong, but I after playing their games for over two years (not this one, but several others), I don't trust them anymore. They put out fantastic games, but then they get greedy and change things up. That's why they have only ever had one gem purchase from me. I don't give my hard-earned cash to companies whose product I can't trust.

kooky panda
10-26-14, 09:32 AM
No news yet on this, but it has been reported to the team. Hopefully we will have an answering after the weekend.

I have been fishing and not had this issue. Are you guys playing on IOS or android?

Which version of the game are you playing?

AngelHestbek
10-26-14, 01:14 PM
Android user. aprox 60 % of fishing still gives no fish

inesat
10-26-14, 03:14 PM
Another Android user here, never skipping updates. And like the poster before me said, it keeps happening on and on and the percentage of useless baits is spot on as well.

twospoons
10-26-14, 03:15 PM
Droid here too (is there more than one version for us?), but I stopped fishing until we get a report on whether we should even bother or not.

nicola211982
10-26-14, 04:10 PM
Yep android here too, using latest version.

I've also posted in the bug about the mine, mine is also crashing everytime I'm in there. Not sure if these are related.

Nikki_Finn
10-26-14, 10:59 PM
so this seems to be an android problem.
if this has been done on purpose, I think I will be done with this game.

sharron46
10-27-14, 08:28 AM
This is happening to me too. What's the deal. I lost bait 3 out of 5 times - thats 60%!! This is aggravating. Needs to be fixed now.

bbieprnc
10-27-14, 08:36 AM
I've been having the same issue - empty hooks regardless of the bait and regardless if I fish in hot spots or not. Yes, I'm on Android and have lost 20 of my last baits!! This is not fun.

dragonspearls
10-27-14, 08:57 AM
Android here too, and also experiencing the mining crash. Lost a gold nugget and my pick. To say I'm not happy would be an understatement.

CuddlyDragon
10-27-14, 10:50 AM
Hey guys- We are looking into this.

EDIT - This has been fixed :)

ileftmyheartinazeroth
10-27-14, 11:13 AM
Oh wow, I'm an idiot. lol I didn't realize there was even a Bugs forum here, I just checked the Discussions forum & didn't see anything about this issue, so I posted a new topic about this exact thing there like 10 min ago. ._.

... think I'll go hide in my barn now.

StoxMan
10-27-14, 07:32 PM
Android here too. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thanks !

twospoons
10-28-14, 12:24 AM
dear TL: (so long, and) thanks for all the fish!

kooky panda
10-28-14, 07:33 AM
Android here too. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thanks !
This was fixed yesterday. You may have to exit the game to see the fix.

VanaCatu
10-29-14, 04:14 AM
aha... so it is not something new...
i thought it is to make game nearer to reality :)))
u r making bate 4 hrs, then u wait for yr tuna or salmon, and u get only "sorry, it got away!"

(and for the mine its awful, too. i got 1 ruby and continue to dig, but the game crashed, after which no ruby and no digging tool in storage... after several times, i stopped mining. will better clean the trash from my lands)