PDA

View Full Version : Please don't cheapen what we work hard for

zenobia42
10-24-14, 02:03 PM
I'm speaking of the Nightmare. It WAS something that one could only have if one worked hard for it, if one were a strong player back when tournaments first began. Seeing one in a park actually MEANT something. It was WORTH working hard for something that remains unique for all time.

NOW it is 100% completely MEANINGLESS. It can be had for ZERO WORK AT ALL by someone who began playing the game YESTERDAY.

If you have ANY INTEREST in RETAINING long-time players, you will DISCONTINUE taking away from us the things that allowed us to stand out.

I am DISGUSTED at the value pack having the Nightmare in it. Please stick to super rares that are already available in the shop for the value packs.

55lee55
10-25-14, 06:10 PM
At first I thought it was neat that those who started playing after the first Tournament had a chance to get the Nightmare which to me is one of the most beautiful animals in this game, but after reading zenobia's post I thought about it and I have changed my mind. I agree that putting this awesome animal that those of us who were here played so hard to get in a value pack cheapens it and makes seeing it in a Forest now totally meaningless. There are other difficult to get animals that I am sure people would happily pay for. I was considering purchasing the value pack because I love the look of the Nightmare, but I worked hard to get the one I already have, so I think I will probably pass on this becaue yes, upon reflection in t makes me sad that this animal is being sold to everyone so cheaply after I worked so hard to get mine.

That there are special event items or animals in TL games that aren't ever sold and will never be offered again might anger some later players, but they do allow us to easily see somewhat at least the year when a player began if they have a valued token from a yearly event. In some of my games my level may make some believe I have played for several years, but my lack of the valued tokens proves that no matter how high I go in the game, I was not there when those who were there worked hard to earn it. I have always thought this one of the things that set TL above other game designers. They make items that are limited and there is one shot to get them. Personally this means much and after considering zenobia's post I have to say I agree with her plea to please consider refraining from selling animals in value packs that we earn in Tournaments or Special Events. There are limited release animals just beginning to show up, and if possible pleas TL, consider selling those that are released for short term breeding, or those that are difficult for most players to breed, instead of earned animals. Thanks for considering this.