PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 10/24/14: Halloween Event Continued!

Pages : 1 [2]

Anaboe
10-30-14, 06:17 PM
Hi.. I'm Level 49... Sister sister is the only Quest that is open at the Moment ... I finished the Halloween Event and there is no new quest... I restarted the game several Times... Andy idea?

Stock pile everything up! :D Then atleast you're prepared for the next goal :)

Tiggerddh
10-30-14, 06:44 PM
Thank goodness there isn't an update! I somehow doubt I'll ever manage to get the cow never mind the cauldron in the community event! And as for sister sister ......it's ridiculous !

I am despising the sister sister quest. WORST QUEST EVER! Rather sadistic and twisted. And I refuse to gem past any of it on principal.

twinkytown
10-30-14, 07:59 PM
I haven't got the second community prize for Halloween event.why?

8hat
10-30-14, 08:21 PM
Sister Sister took *forever*!!!

I'm at the beginning bit of sister sister. I've just decided this week to take my 20 year retirement in 2 1/2 years and so maybe I'll finish that quest before the big day. Lol

I'll probably be playing something else by then but it's fun to believe the dream of the game you currently love will go on forever. :)

ghjvcucjb
10-30-14, 09:35 PM
Still working on sister sister. I'm ok with that. The Alicorn took me 10 months and The valentine botany took me almost a year with dozens of tries per day before I finished. Those pretty much broke me and my expectations for instant (or even monthly) gratification. Then we old timers went 6/9 months with no updates and no goals so now any goal even ones like sister sister is a good one in my book. However I reserve the right to whine and complain if sister sister takes me more than a year to finish!

SpiritWind00
10-30-14, 10:20 PM
I haven't got the second community prize for Halloween event.why?

The community prizes unlock when your own count gets to 650. The 2nd community prize, the haystack will have gone into your inventory if youce passed the amount of candy where the comimunity prizes are unlocked for you, so check there, that's where it will be. :)

twinkytown
10-30-14, 11:40 PM
The community prizes unlock when your own count gets to 650. The 2nd community prize, the haystack will have gone into your inventory if youce passed the amount of candy where the comimunity prizes are unlocked for you, so check there, that's where it will be. :)

I have got all the individual prizes and the first community prize but not the haystack

PurpleScorpion76
10-31-14, 01:46 AM
Check your inventory it might be in there.

SpiritWind00
10-31-14, 02:16 AM
I have got all the individual prizes and the first community prize but not the haystack

If you are absolutely sure it's not in your inventory, please send an email to support. Link below. Anyone else not have a haystack and you should have?

vuvhappy
10-31-14, 06:42 AM
Plant the fellora plants. I was able to finish the sister sister goal without using my gems. ;)

Ooooze
10-31-14, 06:56 AM
Same. I planted about 10 Felloras every morning... Be patient ;)

PurpleScorpion76
10-31-14, 03:01 PM
Still no crown, theatre tried giving me another skirt earlier. Lol.

landa002
10-31-14, 03:57 PM
I have the crown, got it fast and easy but the skirt armor I have been to my theater sooooo many times and no armor . How many visits before I get the skirted armor before the deadline?
Thanks

preinsko
10-31-14, 04:13 PM
This event is a big bust! Very anti-climatic! It was frustrating because some items are random. Some people got multiple hay wagons and multiple scarecrows, some people got 1 or less! TL needs to take a lesson from Dragon story. Every task gets a reward! No slave labor!

preinsko
10-31-14, 04:17 PM
I agree this was most anti-climatic! I was all geared up for an awesome Friday night Halloween! I am disappointed!

totodo2
10-31-14, 05:49 PM
This has been a great event. The Witch's Cauldron is giving really useful rewards - I've always had trouble getting enough sap. There's also the unexpected bonus of a full coffer of rat tails after fighting so many skunkupines and, thanks to help from this forum, knowing all the different ways to get silver. Good job Team Lava!

trilogylass
10-31-14, 10:10 PM
Still no crown, theatre tried giving me another skirt earlier. Lol.

I, too, am still waiting for the crown....three tents and also a second skirt, which I could not receive. I know it's just a game, but this random way of coughing up items to complete a goal is frustrating. Feast or famine should be the name of the game....and I'm definitely experiencing famine.

Ooooze
11-01-14, 08:39 AM
Just got my cauldron!!!

Still collecting for the group effort. Are we going to make the last goal?

ShibuyaCloth
11-01-14, 08:51 AM

50 hours to go for 43 mio candies, so it should be ok. On the nick of time through

dragoniakingdom
11-01-14, 09:10 AM
Just got my cauldron!!!

With just over 2 days left as long as everyone puts in some effort at 65% we should make it.....hopefully!

PurpleScorpion76
11-01-14, 09:53 AM
We can do it!

tweeps
11-01-14, 10:59 AM
Only 100 away from the cauldron. :)

Still slow on the nugget drops, only have 4 out of 10. I doubt I'll reach the full ten. I'm tending mines and bashing rock piles whenever I can!
Come on TL! Up the golden nugget drop rate!!

gunnysmum
11-01-14, 03:14 PM
I am also mad about not getting the hayride or scarecrow during this event. I have finished all the request, including giving 10 nuggets (which I now regret). I have a level 5 HH and 3,888 candy corn. I finished getting the level 5 and the cauldron on the 9th day. I have stopped growing corn at this point, why bother? Besides, as most people have stated on this thread, I am only a level 38 player, not a level 50, and only the "higher level players" are carrying everyone else anyway.

How does one get the hayride. Don't say from adventure....I have done a ton of them....the only extra I get is hot sauce. :/

barbarix
11-01-14, 04:09 PM
Guys and girls, can you please start planting corn again? Count is at 72 and it will ne very close or may be even passed if we do not step up the pace...who knows, the tree thingy might be something cool.....greetings and Happy Halloween

landa002
11-01-14, 06:07 PM
I got 2 hay rides from the trick or treat adventure.

Gingernut2013
11-02-14, 01:06 AM
"The system is currently in maintenance and it will be back in a few minutes. WE apologize for the inconvenience!" says my game, 1 day before the end of a world-wide challenge. WHAT THE??????

dragoniakingdom
11-02-14, 01:08 AM
"The system is currently in maintenance and it will be back in a few minutes. WE apologize for the inconvenience!" says my game, 1 day before the end of a world-wide challenge. WHAT THE??????

Same here cannot access CS,hopefully it won't be for long.

SpiritWind00
11-02-14, 01:40 AM
It's only down for 2 hours apparently. Stay calm...

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 01:58 AM
Crazy isn't it! More maintenance during this timed event. I'm still planting corn. Won't give up til we get the spooky tree! Once the game is back up let's give it all we got peeps! We can do it!

silveryedges
11-02-14, 02:07 AM
Crazy isn't it! More maintenance during this timed event. I'm still planting corn. Won't give up til we get the spooky tree! Once the game is back up let's give it all we got peeps! We can do it!

What you've said!!!

tromalyt
11-02-14, 02:14 AM
It's only down for 2 hours apparently. Stay calm...

Yeah... well. Very bad timing. Not only one or two days before the events finish in many teamlava games, but also the maintenance is made on Sunday, just when I have plenty of time to play. I am 340 candy corn behind I was planning to keep on playing all Sunday to complete the event, Now I do not know If I will be able to make it, even if they add two extra hours to the event. I cannot play as much on Mondays. And I do not expect them to add the two extra hours, anyway.

SpiritWind00
11-02-14, 02:27 AM
I don't know if they will give us any time, but I hope that we can still make it to the tree despite another small setback. I agree, doesn't seems the best timing, but it must be really important else they wouldn't have done it now, but waited till all events were over. With people playing all over the world, it will always be bad timing for someone. Like you I do lots of playing now and can't play either. Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

As soon as time is up, can someone post please. Thanks all. ;)

tromalyt
11-02-14, 02:37 AM
Most people work during the week and have time to play during the weekends. It must be very important. Weird that all the teamlava games I play are on maintenance right now. I might get forced to do my weekend chores. :P

mymummy789
11-02-14, 02:43 AM
My time converter says the games should be back at 10.20 GMT. Not impressed that this is taking longer on such a critical weekend.

Castloninian
11-02-14, 02:49 AM
My time converter says the games should be back at 10.20 GMT. Not impressed that this is taking longer on such a critical weekend.

I thought it was going to be 11.20 GMT as we are now 8 hours ahead again as the US has also moved back an hour last night.

mymummy789
11-02-14, 02:59 AM
I thought it was going to be 11.20 GMT as we are now 8 hours ahead again as the US has also moved back an hour last night.

I just typed the time stated in their announcement into a time converter and it said 3.20 PDT was 10.20 GMT.

tweeps
11-02-14, 03:06 AM
I just typed the time stated in their announcement into a time converter and it said 3.20 PDT was 10.20 GMT.

Are you sure you haven't converted from PST which is an hour ahead?

tweeps
11-02-14, 03:08 AM
Whoo!
It's back up.

ReinierMamaWouter
11-02-14, 03:12 AM
whoo!
It's back up.

thank you for letting me know!

Ooooze
11-02-14, 03:27 AM
Yep, up & running!!!

parasurge
11-02-14, 03:40 AM
oops wrong thread.

alexsjusa
11-02-14, 03:51 AM
Anyone know if the counter runs out during an adventure if the adventure disappears or if it will count?

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 04:22 AM
Anyone know if the counter runs out during an adventure if the adventure disappears or if it will count?

My thinking is the adventure will still run but no candy corn will drop, confirmation on this would be great as there will be a certain point when there is no point in sending out a trick or treat adventure.

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 04:28 AM
Anyone else STILL not received the crown or skirt? I'm still waiting on the crown and only 2 more collections left. Also still no hayride.

Ooooze
11-02-14, 04:32 AM

I would think that the quest needs to complete before time runs out.

31 hours left, plenty of time for 3 more quests!

janddolphins
11-02-14, 04:43 AM
Anyone else STILL not received the crown or skirt? I'm still waiting on the crown and only 2 more collections left. Also still no hayride.

You are not alone. I'm half with you. Waiting on skirt still and hayride, did manage the other two. At this point ive decided to just take what I get and at least be happy my hard work got the important prizes like all the individuals and HH level 5. If I get things I will be happy but if not it's just a game and yes I realize it's unfair for not all players to get the opportunity if they put the hard work in the whole event, but for whatever reason that is the strategy TL wants to go with. As long as they are decorations that to not add significance to the game like drops I'll just pout quietly lol. But 1 day left so not all hope is lost.

TastyCakeBakery
11-02-14, 07:46 AM
It would be nice if the items that you used trying to reach an impossible timed goal would be returned to your inventory. I have had 3 nuggets forever, and haven't gotten one yet during the Halloween event. I have plenty of apples and eggs, but no nuggets. They are just as hard to find as the real thing!

TastyCakeBakery
11-02-14, 07:53 AM
I guess I should clarify that the items be returned to your inventory IF you don't reach the goal. Otherwise they are wasted.

tweeps
11-02-14, 08:27 AM
It would be nice if the items that you used trying to reach an impossible timed goal would be returned to your inventory. I have had 3 nuggets forever, and haven't gotten one yet during the Halloween event. I have plenty of apples and eggs, but no nuggets. They are just as hard to find as the real thing!

I found the nuggets impossible to get too. I had one for weeks before the event started. This in spite of regularly tending my 4 lvl 5 mines (2 of each)
I got another 2 since from mining and also I started chopping iron rock piles and large stone rock piles and got another 2.
That puts me halfway to the goal.
I don't want to use gems for the rest though, it's not worth it seeing as I've reached all the personal targets and am just making corn now for the team goal.

gilachaya
11-02-14, 09:09 AM
I've reached the personal goals but am still working towards the group goals. I'm at 5,298 corn. Go team, go!

55lee55
11-02-14, 09:18 AM
I too am trying to make the last Community Goal. Don't give up until the timer runs out. I think we can do it! :D

anne202b
11-02-14, 05:16 PM
This has been so fun!!! I'm bummed, however, that I think I'll be a few bats short of leveling up to 5 for the Haunted House. :( Hopefully we'll get an overnight surprise & get an extension due to the site being down last night. Purdy please, Castle Story! :)

Ooooze
11-02-14, 05:45 PM
98%

Keep going!

gilachaya
11-02-14, 07:36 PM
We made it! Yay! I loved this community event!

FlowerBurst
11-02-14, 07:51 PM
LOVE the tree! Looking forward to collecting from it! Happy that it goes well with Griselda's Castle and does not need to be hidden or stored!

PurpleScorpion76
11-02-14, 11:48 PM
Well done everyone a fantastic Monday morning present!

Ooooze
11-03-14, 05:24 AM
6 hours left...

Does everyone have their cauldron?

kimberly0822
11-03-14, 05:51 AM
First collection...bones ��

arch786
11-03-14, 06:36 AM
So after about 10 days of solid collecting, I still only have the armored skirt and no crown for Thurston. Even if I used 20 gems to skip, I'd still need to do the Jeweler's trade. Is there any reward beyond the coins and candy corn to make skipping worth it?

PrincessCupOButter
11-03-14, 07:04 AM
So after about 10 days of solid collecting, I still only have the armored skirt and no crown for Thurston. Even if I used 20 gems to skip, I'd still need to do the Jeweler's trade. Is there any reward beyond the coins and candy corn to make skipping worth it?

Not worth using the gems IMO. There is no other reward, so if you've gotten your cauldron, you don't need the extra candy corn.

dragon2046
11-03-14, 08:11 AM
Thank u TL this was an awesome event. :)

amerirish
11-03-14, 08:19 AM
Congratulations everyone! This was a ton of fun!

arch786
11-03-14, 09:01 AM
Not worth using the gems IMO. There is no other reward, so if you've gotten your cauldron, you don't need the extra candy corn.

Ok thanks for the info!

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
11-03-14, 01:31 PM
Me too, nothing received just coins

OK, this quest is finished, ha ha! I never did receive the pants From either of my two theaters which were collected from 2x daily. Got the top piece right away, and then it camea second time. Now I just spent 100 or so gems to "FINISH" the goal. Took my gems but I have no idea where the pants are for the costume-no they are not In my inventory. I do hope that somewhere along the way it shows me that I did receive something other than a few pieces of candy corn. CS has halloweened me out. Not a big fan of the dressing up part without a game taking so much time to finish related goals. I love playing CS, but after the past month I will probably skip any goals/quests that require such large amounts of time, gems, or related ideas or whatever. Yes, after paying out those gems and not knowing if I even received the small amount of candy corn, CASTLE STORY has left a very sour taste in my mouth. Sorry TL.

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
11-03-14, 01:34 PM
OK, this quest is finished, ha ha! I never did receive the pants From either of my two theaters which were collected from 2x daily. Got the top piece right away, and then it camea second time. Now I just spent 100 or so gems to "FINISH" the goal. Took my gems but I have no idea where the pants are for the costume-no they are not In my inventory. I do hope that somewhere along the way it shows me that I did receive something other than a few pieces of candy corn. CS has halloweened me out. Not a big fan of the dressing up part without a game taking so much time to finish related goals. I love playing CS, but after the past month I will probably skip any goals/quests that require such large amounts of time, gems, or related ideas or whatever. Yes, after paying out those gems and not knowing if I even received the small amount of candy corn, CASTLE STORY has left a very sour taste in my mouth. Sorry TL.

Also I guess I did not receive the cauldron - anybody know how to fund out if you received the cauldron or not?

anne202b
11-03-14, 04:40 PM
OMG...I was 3 bats short of level 5 Haunted House. :( :( :(

And a couple hundred short of getting the cauldron. If only TL would've given us back a few extra hours. Sounds like others may have finished up, too.

danzplace
11-04-14, 04:25 AM
Loved the event and the prizes... I just hope future events won't be quite so time consuming. Not sure my husband would put up with it again.;) I even enlisted my kids to help after school before I came home from work, or I never would have made it.

Thanks again. The collection is beautiful. I especially like the pieces you can turn around to hide the Halloween aspects. I will keep those out year round.

rhododendron
11-04-14, 08:07 AM
Will the jack-o-lantern drop something other than one experience point per six hours?
It is such a gem wasting thing!

meme1098
11-04-14, 08:12 AM
I'm still waiting from day one of level 5 HH to drop more than coins. If nothing else drops by the end of the week, no more collecting fro the thing.

dragoniakingdom
11-04-14, 08:42 AM
I'm still waiting from day one of level 5 HH to drop more than coins. If nothing else drops by the end of the week, no more collecting fro the thing.

Since the event finished nothing but coins from mine either.

rosewaterlily
11-04-14, 09:16 AM
I wish the Halloween event had thought to give us some candy drops (chocolate and bon bons), seems like that would be in the spirit of the holiday, but I'm going to hope that we'll eventually get something like that due to the many complaints about all the fairy items hogging the kitchen crafting time. I enjoy the cauldron very much though, as I'll soon max out on all glues (already topped off magic cement and architect's paste) and inks (maxed on yellow and blue already) and fulfill that particular personal goal. Will probably eventually put away the haunted house since I've only ever gotten one drop from it (earth wisp and I was maxed out) and the jack o lantern, although I've turned it backwards so it's just a pumpkin decorating my kingdom now.

serenitygrandma
11-04-14, 09:47 AM
I received an earth wisp from the HH this morning. Quite a surprise

vednir
11-04-14, 10:08 AM
I stored my haunted house. If it reliably gave an item like the reindeer stable it'd be worth keeping out in an already cluttered kingdom but with just a "chance" it's not worth keeping out.

ghjvcucjb
11-04-14, 08:06 PM
I stored my haunted house. If it reliably gave an item like the reindeer stable it'd be worth keeping out in an already cluttered kingdom but with just a "chance" it's not worth keeping out.

Me too.

Betsy0923
11-04-14, 09:13 PM
Thank u TL this was an awesome event. :)

I second that - I really like that you stretched it out over several weeks. Now did I hear something about Kaz and a bridge??? Can't wait! Thanks TL, you guys are awesome!

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
11-09-14, 10:17 AM
With just over 2 days left as long as everyone puts in some effort at 65% we should make it.....hopefully!

DId any one NOT receive the CAULDRON or the CROWN? I received the skirt on second collection. Did everything asked to, made as much candy corn as possible. Received spooky tree. Then suddenly event was over which I found out when I went to do collections. Yes, I knew it was almost over but NEVER saw the CAULDRON - Where was it suppose to be? - and NEVER RECEIVED the CROWN with two theaters and two collections daily.

Also, I went to try and find the CAULDRON to see if it was available for purchase. If it was, please tell me where I should have looked as it was not anywhere in my CS game. I play on a ipad, just in case that makes a difference and even though event is over I would like to know where I went wrong that I missed the CAULDRON and CROWN.

azriX2012
11-09-14, 10:24 AM
DId any one NOT receive the CAULDRON or the CROWN? I received the skirt on second collection. Did everything asked to, made as much candy corn as possible. Received spooky tree. Then suddenly event was over which I found out when I went to do collections. Yes, I knew it was almost over but NEVER saw the CAULDRON - Where was it suppose to be? - and NEVER RECEIVED the CROWN with two theaters and two collections daily.

Also, I went to try and find the CAULDRON to see if it was available for purchase. If it was, please tell me where I should have looked as it was not anywhere in my CS game. I play on a ipad, just in case that makes a difference and even though event is over I would like to know where I went wrong that I missed the CAULDRON and CROWN.

The cauldron was the last individual prize (spooky tree is a community prize). How many candy corn did you collect? You needed 3100 candy corn in order to win the cauldron.

QueenEverly
11-09-14, 10:37 AM
My HH dropped items frequently during the event but I haven't gotten anything from it in days now, which is pretty disappointing. I might end up just putting it away too.

ciarjen
11-09-14, 12:30 PM

The crown was not necessary to get the cauldron, which was the last individual prize.

During the event you can monitor your progress for the prizes by tapping the event icon on the right hand side of the screen. It shows you how many corn you need to reach all the prizes. When you got close to the cauldron it would also give you an option to buy the missing corn to reach the prize with gems.

You got the spooky tree because you had enough corn to qualify for the community prizes but not enough corn to get all the personal prizes.

meme1098
11-09-14, 02:41 PM
My HH dropped items frequently during the event but I haven't gotten anything from it in days now, which is pretty disappointing. I might end up just putting it away too.

Well, don't feel alone. I've never gotten anything from my HH either. Not during the event, other than the coins & candy corn, and not after. Pretty disappointing. :(