PDA

View Full Version : Value Pack: 24 OCT 2014

arikatu
10-24-14, 11:54 AM
Haven't got the Nightmare? Need more pumpkins? Here may be your chance now.

Guessing the timer started at 05 DAYS.

Valued at $14.99 OR $18.99:

10,000 Apples
150 Pumpkins
1 Nightmare Egg

For either price, it's still 75% off, AND you get the same items! /sarcasm
In any case, I feel like we're being experimented on again.

bluefoxcrystal
10-24-14, 01:28 PM
Weeeiiiirrrd is anyone else getting this?
:16274

Not sure if a glitch... Everytime I try to click on it to see the price (which I now know is 14.99$) it crashes my game! D:

arikatu
10-24-14, 01:44 PM
I WISH it is was free, haha.

Have you tried the standard method of fixing? Closing/deleting and then restarting/re-downloading the app and all that jazz.

zenobia42
10-24-14, 01:48 PM
Well that TOTALLY cheapens the worth of my Nightmare that I had to work hard for and only players who were strong back when it came out could have. Now anyone could have it. Puts me another 2 steps closer to the door.

sweetypies97
10-24-14, 01:50 PM
yeah. I worked really hard for my nightmare :(

zenobia42
10-24-14, 01:58 PM
yeah. I worked really hard for my nightmare :(

Sucks, doesn't it? It's completely deflating. Why bother to work hard for ANY of these animals if they are ALL going to become available to people with ZERO effort for $15? The game should REWARD long-term players, not cheapen the value of what we work hard to earn... that is, if they want to KEEP long-term players.

arikatu
10-24-14, 02:09 PM
We have to at least entertain the idea that not everyone would fork over the $15; thus, there still might be a faction that won't have the Nightmare after this. You KNOW some will balk at the price (I confess, I did). On the other hand, some people might also be grateful that there's a chance at getting the Nightmare if they missed the first opportunity (not completing the tournament, joining the game after the tournament was over), it being the first prize and all. I remember after the tournament had finished, there were a few people (long-term players) that were upset at not having gotten the Nightmare: and now here's their chance if they're willing to pay $15, with a 150 pumpkins to boot!

I understand the feeling, though. Cheapening the value of what we worked for totally, totally sucks. Maybe they won't offer the Owl Bear as a value pack in the future? Who knows.

zenobia42
10-24-14, 02:30 PM
We have to at least entertain the idea that not everyone would fork over the $15; thus, there still might be a faction that won't have the Nightmare after this. You KNOW some will balk at the price (I confess, I did). On the other hand, some people might also be grateful that there's a chance at getting the Nightmare if they missed the first opportunity (not completing the tournament, joining the game after the tournament was over), it being the first prize and all. I remember after the tournament had finished, there were a few people (long-term players) that were upset at not having gotten the Nightmare: and now here's their chance if they're willing to pay $15, with a 150 pumpkins to boot!

I understand the feeling, though. Cheapening the value of what we worked for totally, totally sucks. Maybe they won't offer the Owl Bear as a value pack in the future? Who knows.

So is that the future we want to see for this game? "Work really hard to get something that only people who started playing earlier can get! You did it, congrats! Guess what, all your "unique" animals? Everyone who starts playing months from now will ALSO be able to get them, too! They are not unique at ALL!"

That, combined with them continuing to release tons and tons of animals every week (after one blessed week off), to me means, "Why bother?" I can neither complete my album, EVER, not even BRIEFLY, nor can I at least have a few things that only us long-time players have? WHAT IS THE POINT ANY MORE????????

sweetypies97
10-24-14, 02:47 PM
$15 for some, $19 for others.

arikatu
10-24-14, 02:54 PM
So is that the future we want to see for this game? "Work really hard to get something that only people who started playing earlier can get! You did it, congrats! Guess what, all your "unique" animals? Everyone who starts playing months from now will ALSO be able to get them, too! They are not unique at ALL!"

That, combined with them continuing to release tons and tons of animals every week (after one blessed week off), to me means, "Why bother?" I can neither complete my album, EVER, not even BRIEFLY, nor can I at least have a few things that only us long-time players have? WHAT IS THE POINT ANY MORE????????

What about the people on the other end of the spectrum? Some are also going to complain that they will NEVER get the opportunity again for a previously released creature. It's not necessarily guaranteed that they WILL get these animals. They're just now being given a CHANCE to get an unattainable creature. It's a deal that isn't going to be around forever, and I don't think everyone is going to go for it.

I'm with you on the album, though. I'm still 19 off, and I haven't even counted the ones for the world event. I'm taking a break from trying for the Crystal Unicorn, and trying for a Frankenswine that just won't show itself. I'm frustrated as well, to say the least.

For now, there's still the Owl Bear. In all its giant-teddy-bear-like looming glory.
And future prizes (i.e. the world event/new tournaments) that might never be released again after this is over. There's that chance. (HAH. Maybe.)

$15 for some, $19 for others.

Well, now, that's just LAME, with a dash of underhandedness.

... On a lighter note, I can't get over how cute that baby Nightmare is. SO ADORABLE. It just invokes that "must-have" nature in me.

ArcadiaTofu
10-24-14, 03:00 PM
I agree, this cheapens my Nightmare which I worked my butt off to acquire :(

Also, if they're gonna do a value pack, they need to pick supers better than Magmacore and Gargolem, too (and now Nightmare).

The hardest super to breed out, imo, is the Sea Drake and if THAT super were on sale I'd spend the $15 in a heartbeat to get the value pack. But now that they've added the Nightmare in there... yeah, I feel like my Nightmare is worth less than nothing now if it can be easily achieved by new users of the game---especially since it was a tourny-only hybrid >.<

zenobia42
10-24-14, 04:26 PM
I agree, this cheapens my Nightmare which I worked my butt off to acquire :(

Also, if they're gonna do a value pack, they need to pick supers better than Magmacore and Gargolem, too (and now Nightmare).

The hardest super to breed out, imo, is the Sea Drake and if THAT super were on sale I'd spend the $15 in a heartbeat to get the value pack. But now that they've added the Nightmare in there... yeah, I feel like my Nightmare is worth less than nothing now if it can be easily achieved by new users of the game---especially since it was a tourny-only hybrid >.<

See, I think the hardest to get is the Grassquatch. It's been available since day 1 of the game (MUCH longer than most super rares) and yet I see so few of them. And I see so many people (including myself) post that they can't seem to get it. If the value pack had the Grassquatch, I'd have to seriously consider buying it. And I do my best to avoid buying these kinds of packages lol.

seekerbears
10-24-14, 07:39 PM
So I wasted my money. I had to buy gems to beat the last few levels ugh why

roguebee
10-24-14, 07:49 PM
See, I think the hardest to get is the Grassquatch. It's been available since day 1 of the game (MUCH longer than most super rares) and yet I see so few of them. And I see so many people (including myself) post that they can't seem to get it. If the value pack had the Grassquatch, I'd have to seriously consider buying it. And I do my best to avoid buying these kinds of packages lol.

That's what I find so interesting about the random nature of the egg breeding. He was the first super I got and then the first duplicate.

Aernak
10-24-14, 09:14 PM
I feel like the "rarity" is bogus. My daughter is only level 13 and has gotten 3 grassquatches. I have 2 also.

As for offering the LE animal for $... I see this in many many iOS games. I think the games cater twd hooking new players because they know that long-time players are already hooked.

As badly as I want that nightmare, being the completionist that I am, I will probably never have the nightmare because i am a new player and I am not spending $15 for 1 animal.

saucysammis
10-24-14, 10:09 PM
I'm in agony. I want the nightmare. Do I think the game is worth the 15 bucks.....

I started playing as soon as this game was available to me... But casually. Never knew there was a tournament for the nightmare because I was not leveled up sorta on break from all games due to a family emergency. I really wish it was available as a limited time extra bonus relating to the Halloween world game rather than just for sale. Still. All you folks who won it, won it and don't have to pay 15 bucks to get it!

flowless
10-25-14, 12:13 AM
So I wasted my money. I had to buy gems to beat the last few levels ugh why

I had to use over 100 gems on it
So ...
Anyhow what matters that I have it
Trying to forget 100 gems

GDude118
10-25-14, 03:13 AM
You people are looking at it the wrong way. You worked hard for it yes and because of it got it for free or for very few gems(maybe $5 or less worth). Others work very hard as well and just couldn't earn it for Various reasons. I personally only got to round 19 during that tournament, it wasn't because I didn't work hard. It was because I simply don't have the time to play a lot because of my job. But now I have the chance to get it for a higher price then y'all paid but without having to play a lot. So for people like me this is great. Still not getting it because it does cost real money and I don't spend money on these games(sorry teamlava) but it was nice to have the option for a few days. :)

saucysammis
10-28-14, 10:54 PM
Well, I did it. I spent the 14.99 for the value pack. I'm not ashamed to say it here. And you know what?

I GOT NOTHING

I bought it on the 25th thinking. Hey team lava deserves a bit of my support since I've enjoyed their games for so long..... the food would feed the nightmare and others so I could use them in the battles. NEVER GOT A THING.

I have spent my time emailing team lava and apple and I am getting a major run around. I don't even want it anymore since it was useless in helping me with the tourney, I going along fine with my pumpkins and I'm over having the night mare.

kooky panda
10-29-14, 08:10 AM
Well, I did it. I spent the 14.99 for the value pack. I'm not ashamed to say it here. And you know what?

I GOT NOTHING

I bought it on the 25th thinking. Hey team lava deserves a bit of my support since I've enjoyed their games for so long..... the food would feed the nightmare and others so I could use them in the battles. NEVER GOT A THING.

I have spent my time emailing team lava and apple and I am getting a major run around. I don't even want it anymore since it was useless in helping me with the tourney, I going along fine with my pumpkins and I'm over having the night mare.

Can you send me your support ticket number by Private Message? (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?46-kooky-panda)
I will see if a CM can check on this.