PDA

View Full Version : The barracks and limited time adventures

zenobia42
10-22-14, 10:54 AM
For the current trick-or-treat event, and all the other events I've been a part of since I bought my Barracks, the special event adventures have NOT been made available in the Barracks; only in the King's Keep / Queen's Court. I would like to request that in the future, they always be available in the Barracks for at double the time like regular adventures are. After all, those of us who bought the Barracks spent good money (approx. $15) for them. The idea behind spending money for buildings like the Barracks and Wizard Schools is that it allows us to get ahead in the game a bit. That's the reason to spend money in a free game - to get the things free players get faster or more easily. It does not make sense to me that this does not carry over to events. I mean, in the current event, spending real money on jack-o-lanterns allows us to get ahead as well in terms of candy corn. So it's not like events don't have pay-to-get-ahead game structure. It doesn't make any sense to me that those of us who spent $15 on the Barracks cannot have use of the Barracks for the very thing we would MOST want them for. I really believe you guys would get a lot more people buying the Barracks if they worked for events. And you would get fewer people feeling totally gypped as I do, and wishing I could get my money back for it.

jimboser
10-22-14, 11:53 AM
Fully agree

jetskie2
10-22-14, 12:02 PM
how do you get the Barracks - I haven't seen them at all?

brenstal
10-23-14, 10:33 PM
I agree the Halloween adventure should be available in the barracks. The adventure to get the special dragons was available in both the keep and the barracks. Also, the Christmas adventure last year was in both places. I think a lot of people get barracks specifically for the advantage in the timed holiday quests. I personally got it for that reason.

ETA: I'm doing the Faerie Bridge quest at the same time as this one. I'm to the part where you hunt the roaming bandits (A Thief in the Night). As my Keep was busy with Halloween stuff, I used the barracks. And it totally didn't register it when I collected for the adventure. That should definitely have worked.

EDITED AGAIN: They fixed this issue on the Faerie Bridge quest.

kudukuda
10-24-14, 05:06 AM
I agree the Halloween adventure should be available in the barracks. The adventure to get the special dragons was available in both the keep and the barracks. Also, the Christmas adventure last year was in both places. I think a lot of people get barracks specifically for the advantage in the timed holiday quests. I personally got it for that reason.

ETA: I'm doing the Faerie Bridge quest at the same time as this one. I'm to the part where you hunt the roaming bandits (A Thief in the Night). As my Keep was busy with Halloween stuff, I used the barracks. And it totally didn't register it when I collected for the adventure. That should definitely have worked.

I had the same issue. Posted on the bug thread. Don't know if they checked my game or not, but it's fixed now!

zenobia42
10-24-14, 12:47 PM

I just managed to unlock the Plume Hive adventure... and it's unlocked in the Queen's Court but NOT the Barracks. So, my Barracks are so completely useless right now that I put it in storage.

I can't use my Barracks for the Event. AND I can't use it for the adventure I need to progress in the Faerie questline, which I can not run in the Queen's Court until I receive another 29 friggen parchment ghosts. This is VERY upsetting for something I spent $15 on.

jim23cash
10-24-14, 01:21 PM
I just managed to unlock the Plume Hive adventure... and it's unlocked in the Queen's Court but NOT the Barracks. So, my Barracks are so completely useless right now that I put it in storage.

I can't use my Barracks for the Event. AND I can't use it for the adventure I need to progress in the Faerie questline, which I can not run in the Queen's Court until I receive another 29 friggen parchment ghosts. This is VERY upsetting for something I spent $15 on.

I think after you do the first Trade or adventure, it opens in Barracks. That was something they added to the Barracks after we started the quest line. You might check with Glimmergate. It may be something that she can help with. Good Luck!

zenobia42
10-24-14, 08:25 PM
I think after you do the first Trade or adventure, it opens in Barracks. That was something they added to the Barracks after we started the quest line. You might check with Glimmergate. It may be something that she can help with. Good Luck!

Perhaps it will open in the Barracks after I complete it in the Queen's Court. However, my Queen's Court is occupied for the next week. So that is totally moot to me for the next week. There is no WAY I can take a whole dayy off of trick or treating if I am to have any hope of upgrading my haunted hall to level 5. Especially since 2 out of the last 3 adventures have given me only 1 ghost each. If my current ~1.5 ghosts per adventure rate keeps up, I need to make 15 more rick or treat adventures before I can even THINK about using the Queen's Court for anything else. :/

When I have full use of my QC for the Plume Hive adventure, I won't need the Barracks. The Barracks is ONLY useful to me if it can do ANY adventure currently available in the QC.

zenobia42
11-03-14, 04:52 PM
I'm just bumping this is the desperate hope that before the next event, they right this wrong. If people buy / save up gems for something like the barracks, somehow managing to avoid losing what they are saving to gem traps along the way, it is only right that it be useable for what we would all most want to use it for. Please. :)