PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes repeatedly

ccbrn
10-18-14, 09:36 PM
My game is crashing every twenty to thirty seconds. It started to be occasionally which I could handle but now I can't accomplish anything before the screen goes black. Then I have to open it again but it crashes over and over. So frustrating. Please help.

kooky panda
10-19-14, 10:33 AM
What specific device do you play on? What is the current apple software version for your device?

Anniemon89
10-24-14, 01:03 AM
Hi!
Sorry to chime in, but I have the same issue too. I have an iPad 1 and the most recent update. I have an iPad 2 which was my mum's (she has a storm8 id on it), and I'm planning to transfer my games (Bakery story etc...) - but I'm too scared to incase I lose my progress - will I have to wipe her iPad, not really sure... :confused:

kooky panda
10-24-14, 08:10 AM
First of all make sure you set up a password for you Mom's storm ID, just in case she would like to play her games again

You will not lose your progress when you use the login feature or the storm 8 transfer method.

Just make sure you have set up a password for your storm ID.

Anniemon89
10-24-14, 03:31 PM
Thanks so much for getting back to me! Just to clarify (sorry haha I always get nervous when transferring games), I can download forest fantasy story and bakery story onto mum's iPad and just use the login feature and all my games linked to storm 8 will transfer? No restore to factory settings needed? My mum won't be using her ipad/storm 8 games anymore as she passed away 8 months ago :(

xxxe
10-30-14, 05:33 PM
My game is also crashing every 30-60 seconds. I have lost countless pumpkins in the mine because te game crashes before it can regestar the pumpkins or food I've earned. Same with the battlegrounds. Ill finally beat a level and then the game will close and ill be out of stamina but still have to redo the level. It's getting so upsetting. I play Dragon, Bakery, Restuarant and Fashion and none of those game close on me. I'm playing on an IPod touch.

Lisa0107
10-30-14, 06:15 PM
I also have the crash issue about every 30 seconds it goes dark. I'm loosing battle prizes, mine prizes, have to redo stuff over and over. iPod and version is 3.1. Help team lava please!!

Lisa0107
10-30-14, 07:16 PM
I also have the crash issue about every 30 seconds it goes dark. I'm loosing battle prizes, mine prizes, have to redo stuff over and over. iPod and version is 3.1. Help team lava please!!

Forgot to put my storm Id. Lisa0107

onanim
10-31-14, 03:58 AM
The same thing, kooky. A lot of crashes.
I think this occurs because old devices, like my iphone 3gs (with latest ios), can't process such amount of animated animals and game forces to shutdown.
So, can you add animation on/off trigger option to the game settings? Maybe this could help. Thanks.

kittenthief
10-31-14, 04:57 AM
My game is crashing every twenty to thirty seconds. It started to be occasionally which I could handle but now I can't accomplish anything before the screen goes black. Then I have to open it again but it crashes over and over. So frustrating. Please help.

My game also crashes repeatedly on my iPad Mini with iOS 8.1 (the most recent version). I don't have any trouble playing the game on my iPhone 5s, but it is unplayable on my iPad since the latest game update. : (

xxxe
10-31-14, 06:08 AM
It looks like we all play on iOS. I play on an old IPod touch but all the other TL games work on my device. Even Dragon story which you would think is similar to this game. I hope something can get fixed for us because I started playing way back in July and I'm pretty invested in this game. I don't want to stop playing but anything other than breeding animals I can't do. I can't tell you how many times I've beat battleground levels and then the game crashes an I have to redo it only for the game to crash again.. I should be done by now. And now they released a new battleground and I'm so far behind now. Before I was always done before the new one came out. It's very sad lol I love this game and don't want to stop.

VioletBlueIvy2
10-31-14, 08:26 AM
That's it, I can't play like this anymore. I appreciate that TL worked so quickly to provide an update for 5.1.1 users but it's still impossible to play. It is beyond frustrating trying to play when the game constantly crashes. And when you are in the game you have to move around so slowly it takes forever to get anything accomplished. I love this game but I play to relax not get more irritated and frustrated. If TL can find a way to fix this I'll be happy to play. I suspect another player is right about the devices not being able to handle so much animation. I'd be happy to play without them. I do find it strange that my iPad can handle being level 150 in DS but not level 35 in FFS...

xxxe
10-31-14, 06:20 PM
That's it, I can't play like this anymore. I appreciate that TL worked so quickly to provide an update for 5.1.1 users but it's still impossible to play. It is beyond frustrating trying to play when the game constantly crashes. And when you are in the game you have to move around so slowly it takes forever to get anything accomplished. I love this game but I play to relax not get more irritated and frustrated. If TL can find a way to fix this I'll be happy to play. I suspect another player is right about the devices not being able to handle so much animation. I'd be happy to play without them. I do find it strange that my iPad can handle being level 150 in DS but not level 35 in FFS...

Totally know how you feel. I play some many other TL games yet this one keeps crashing on me.
I just finally beat another level in battlegrounds andddd it crashes. Just got money pumpkins in the mine anddd it crashes. And I get nothing. Ill try to email TL people tomorrow.

sylarbomer
11-02-14, 04:16 AM
Same here. 30-60 seconds into the game, it crashes, which makes it impossible to achieve any of the goals (battlegrounds/pumpkins).

For me, it only started to happen a couple of days ago, maybe a week ago.

My device is an iPod Touch 4th generation, latest iOS.

xxxe
11-02-14, 08:19 AM
Mine is also an iPod touch 4th generation. Maybe it's our devices. A mod hasn't looked at this thread in awhile. Ill have to try and email TL. I was going to this weekend but got caught up.

PandaWoman59
11-02-14, 10:36 AM
Hi. I'm having the same problem. The game CONSTANTLY crashes about every 20 seconds. I have an Apple iPad, First generation with the latest game software update. My iOS is 5. I enjoy the game, but if it continues to crash, I will uninstall it & find a more reliable game to play.

Anniemon89
11-02-14, 04:53 PM
Hi. I'm having the same problem. The game CONSTANTLY crashes about every 20 seconds. I have an Apple iPad, First generation with the latest game software update. My iOS is 5. I enjoy the game, but if it continues to crash, I will uninstall it & find a more reliable game to play.

I had exactly the same problem and despite the mods saying they're looking into it, I think it's due to the iOS of the iPad 1 being too far behind iOS8 :( The only thing I could do was transfer my game to another iPad (iPad 2 with iOS8) and now it doesn't crash. Do you have another iPad/phone/device? That might be the only way to play it sans crashing.

xxxe
11-03-14, 06:45 AM
Yea, I think you're right. All of us who has posted here about and crashes have older iPhones or iPods or whoever other I thing lol. Sadly I don't have a new device to play on.

xxxe
11-07-14, 09:50 AM
Can any mods please let us know if this is a problem that will be fixed or do I just have to play with crashes until I can afford a new device? Please and thank you.