PDA

View Full Version : Diamond temple sale

mayday2001
10-18-14, 03:18 PM
When my game synced today I got a pop up saying diamond temple was on sale until Tuesday. I went to activate temple and still costs 300 gold. Anyone else having this problem?

knj00
10-18-14, 03:27 PM
When my game synced today I got a pop up saying diamond temple was on sale until Tuesday. I went to activate temple and still costs 300 gold. Anyone else having this problem?

I had this issue also when many of my neighbors could recharge for 100. No restarting or reinstalling helped so I sold my Diamond Temple and purchased a new one for 100 gold. Sadly though I'm not sure how well it will work now since it never seems to work well when first purchased (imo).

orleansparish
10-18-14, 05:05 PM
Mines is wacky too. And I'd have gotten gold without a sale going now if it was really 100 gems.

mayday2001
10-18-14, 05:58 PM
Thanks!! I was thinking maybe selling and buying again. May try that. Still a few days so perhaps it will sort itself out! I had excellent luck with it first time. Bred diamond and Helios and mercury.

isabella_sophie
10-19-14, 02:30 AM
Does anyone actually have the experience that it helps? When I've tried to breed with it, I've gotten NULL ZERO diamond dragons.
I think it's just a ploy and doesn't actually help. Anyone experience better chances?

2phatladys
10-19-14, 06:28 AM
I have the same issue

FigmentValley
10-19-14, 07:34 AM
I have/had promised myself that if, after 2 years, I did not breed a diamond I was quitting. I hate to waste all the gold, but decided "What the heck...." and bought the silly thing.

Imagine my surprise when the FIRST breeding I did after purchase (1 minute later) bred a diamond.

Yup. That's right. First try gave me a diamond.

I don't know if the 6X did much. But several years of nearly constant tries have not succeeded. (I got nearly all my other dragons from various diamond fails, though I did deviate a bit here and there, mostly during holidays).

(The Boosted Breeding NEVER appeared to make a difference.)

Hooray!

starysky5
10-19-14, 07:43 AM
Anyone know how long the temple will be on sale? I want to buy but I'd like to wait for breeding to finish first.

hatton2
10-19-14, 08:17 AM
Is there a moderator on this link? Are they gonna fix it to be 100 gold or do we have to sell it and repurchase it?

Kennedward
10-19-14, 08:23 AM
Same problem here, but since the temple didn't help me at all when I activated it before, I'll skip this time

kooky panda
10-19-14, 10:09 AM

I already had a temple and mine is showing 100 to activate. Are you on the Halloween version ?
I will see if this is by design.

mayday2001
10-19-14, 11:18 AM
I already had a temple and mine is showing 100 to activate. Are you on the Halloween version ?

Thx yes I am on Halloween version. I checked several times yesterday and always showed 300. Now today I did not get the pop up for sale. May try selling and re-purchase. I find the temple to be a great help.

awsumum
10-19-14, 12:26 PM
I'm also on Halloween version, and my diamond temple costs 300 gold to activate :(

I might try same thing, selling and rebuying as its a third of the price at 100 gold

belbar22
10-19-14, 01:14 PM
I'm also on Halloween version, and my diamond temple costs 300 gold to activate :(

I might try same thing, selling and rebuying as its a third of the price at 100 gold

Mine too

orleansparish
10-19-14, 07:56 PM
I'm too scared to sell mines. Might make it janky again and have my island thinking its useless, like all first time temples are. No way, Jose!

chewingthecud
10-20-14, 01:47 AM
For the record, I also still have the Temple at 300 gold and I am on the Halloween version. May also try the sell and buy trick.

isabella_sophie
10-20-14, 02:55 AM

Hey there Kooky, did you find out about the temple costs for the sale yet? I tried both halloween and regular versions, still 300 to activate.
I actually don't want to resell, and buy a new one.

Cas623
10-20-14, 05:48 AM
Hey there Kooky, did you find out about the temple costs for the sale yet? I tried both halloween and regular versions, still 300 to activate.

Same here, both Halloween and regular still 300 to activate and on both accounts.

VenomDragon1
10-20-14, 07:39 AM

I don't see why they would have the rechargable price for some at 100 and others 300 by design. If that is the case though, how are they deciding who gets the cheaper price and can I get on that list? ;)

VioletBlueIvy
10-20-14, 08:05 AM

I'm having the same issue. If it is by design, which would not be cool, then why would I get the sale pop up saying it's 100?

kooky panda
10-20-14, 08:32 AM
I reported it this weekend, still waiting on an answer.

mayday2001
10-20-14, 09:34 AM
I sold temple and got it in market now for 100 gold. Thanks everyone for the help! Now to try for prism... Wish me luck lol

shield14
10-20-14, 11:32 AM
There is something wrong with this Temple, it gave me 4 Anubises in a row, my buddy is complaining that he has got 2 Golds in a row.
It is understandable that TL wants us to use all gold that we've purchased and not give us the dragon that we want so that we buy and waste more gold.
This is not fair, we pay real money to TL to support them and we must get some kind of appreciation from them.
But the reality is that we are totally ignored.
I'm afraid I will stop buying gold soon if this attitude continue.

hatton2
10-20-14, 06:50 PM
The sale goes off tomorrow and my temple still says 300! Do I have to sell it?

zhynabella
10-20-14, 07:59 PM
Hello, dear TL pls fix the temple. I just bought the diamond temple for 100 gold and my husband had it since it first came out, it never worked once for the entire 7 days. I so hope it works this time. As in right now, I am going 2hr, 2hr, 2hr fail trying for Diamond Prism. On the other hand, it is not rechargeable? or how?

Anaboe
10-20-14, 08:43 PM
Bought it again, just like the last sale, and again, a mMercury - which I already had... Am so hoping for another dragon!

FigmentValley
10-21-14, 06:19 AM
Once again, players need to remember that the purchase of the "diamond temple" is simply enables a subroutine that alters to odds of breeding dragons in the diamond family.

The percentage of diamonds bred with each "breeding click" is VERY low. The diamond temple merely makes the possibly that you can breed a diamond type diamond 6 times greater than normal. It does NOT guarantee a diamond, nor does it have any control over which diamond might be bred.

Remember, each and every breeding has the same odds - just because you have tried a certain combination 99 times does not mean that with 1% odds, you will get it the 100th breeding. That 100th breeding would STILL carry only a 1% chance of being a diamond type. If the diamond temple boosts the percentage of diamond type breedings occurring, that would mean instead of a 1% chance, you would have a 6% chance each time you breed. This is STILL not a very good chance.

Just because you have a particular type of dragon also does not mean you are any more or less likely to breed an identical one.

(The 1% chance, 6% chance are merely hypothetical percentages used for the sake of explanation, base 10 being a comfortable one in which to work)

Kennedward
10-21-14, 06:58 AM
Once again, players need to remember that the purchase of the "diamond temple" is simply enables a subroutine that alters to odds of breeding dragons in the diamond family.

The percentage of diamonds bred with each "breeding click" is VERY low. The diamond temple merely makes the possibly that you can breed a diamond type diamond 6 times greater than normal. It does NOT guarantee a diamond, nor does it have any control over which diamond might be bred.

Remember, each and every breeding has the same odds - just because you have tried a certain combination 99 times does not mean that with 1% odds, you will get it the 100th breeding. That 100th breeding would STILL carry only a 1% chance of being a diamond type. If the diamond temple boosts the percentage of diamond type breedings occurring, that would mean instead of a 1% chance, you would have a 6% chance each time you breed. This is STILL not a very good chance.

Just because you have a particular type of dragon also does not mean you are any more or less likely to breed an identical one.

(The 1% chance, 6% chance are merely hypothetical percentages used for the sake of explanation, base 10 being a comfortable one in which to work)

I agree, so I won't worry too much if the diamond temple is available for 100 gold or not, as all of my Diamond hybrids were bred without it. Just keep trying and you'll get it, even if you don't have the temple.

As a player who have bought the temple 3 times before and got nothing, I strongly do not recommend wasting gold to buy it. But you're free to do whatever you want, it's your gold. I just personally don't think it helped my chance much when all of my diamonds were bred without it.

droopy123love
10-21-14, 07:45 AM
I have never bought a diamondtemple, my wife didn't either.Persistance, i.m.o., is the key to get diamond(hybrids). Choose a ombo and stick to it, no matter what. On one account I chased helios for 4 months, changed the combo just once, and sticked to the same 2 draggies i put in the den over and over again.
Sometimes i get into the mood to breed a simple diamondhybrid, and sit down on an evening and breed diamond x crusader or diamond x quetzal and stick to the combo, it may take 1, 2 or even 3 hrs, taking lets say between 150-200 breedings before a new hybrid shows up. I used to do this at the start of a world event, so thats why on every island multiple crusaders and quetzals can be found.
As you could have read on the latest tournamentthread, we play on a total of 5 different accounts.
I just surfed around all accounts, and counted all diamonddraggies, and came to an overall total of 101 diamond(hybrid)s.
There are only 3 diamondhybrids missing; astromancher, prism and diamond prism. All other diamondspecies can be seen if you would hop all 5 islands, (not all on every single island).

pribakes
10-21-14, 10:22 AM
I try to activate my temple and was 100 gold, but when I hit the bottom my game start to processing and was 300 gold to activate it, so I guess the sale was over. :( can someone check? Thanks

kooky panda
10-21-14, 02:35 PM
This should now be fixed and to activate the temple should be 100 gold.
If may need to restart your game or device to see the change.

Thanks!

adabee
10-22-14, 05:01 AM
This should now be fixed and to activate the temple should be 100 gold.
If may need to restart your game or device to see the change.

Thanks!

I just restarted the game and my iphone but the temple still costs 300 gold to activate!
The problem isn't fixed for me!

kooky panda
10-22-14, 08:01 AM
I just restarted the game and my iphone but the temple still costs 300 gold to activate!
The problem isn't fixed for me!

I am sorry but it now has gone back to 300 gold.
The sale ended on 10/21 at 10am.

Sorry!

Kennedward
10-22-14, 07:40 PM
So the sale was only for 3 days, well, good luck to everyone who bought it!

meoconlunar
10-22-14, 10:38 PM
wow, I have just had Astromancer (diamond temple active). I am so lucky ;););) ;););) ;););) ;););)

Kennedward
10-23-14, 06:55 AM
wow, I have just had Astromancer (diamond temple active). I am so lucky ;););) ;););) ;););) ;););)

Congrats! Try breeding other diamond hybrids

rosewaterlily
10-23-14, 08:23 AM
Diamond temple (second time activated) finally got me a diamond hybrid I didn't already have. Black diamond in my nest now, woohoo. I prefer the look of the dark angel but just grateful to have any black/diamond type to battle with in the future.

VenomDragon1
10-23-14, 10:14 AM
I am sorry but it now has gone back to 300 gold.
The sale ended on 10/21 at 10am.

Sorry!

Haha.... it was over about the time you posted that the problem was fixed. So when I saw your post I was like.... ok, they fixed it right as the sale ended. Kinda pointless wasn't it.

Kennedward
10-23-14, 11:40 AM
Diamond temple (second time activated) finally got me a diamond hybrid I didn't already have. Black diamond in my nest now, woohoo. I prefer the look of the dark angel but just grateful to have any black/diamond type to battle with in the future.

Nice, what did u use to breed?

meoconlunar
10-24-14, 02:14 AM
Continue to have 4th Anubis with diamond temple, my god 40 hours of waiting :(

susbebe
10-24-14, 02:44 AM
�� brought it on sale but pay 300 gold ��... Well this is my second time in 1 1/2 month I buy it... But no luck for me.. I tried breed diamond non stop for two month now, and to times with help from Diamond temple but no new diamond dragon for me��. I give up, not fun playing this game anymore to hard to get those dragon when you don't get any even with both temple and boots breed still non... Thank you for the time...

Kennedward
10-24-14, 06:26 AM
�� brought it on sale but pay 300 gold ��... Well this is my second time in 1 1/2 month I buy it... But no luck for me.. I tried breed diamond non stop for two month now, and to times with help from Diamond temple but no new diamond dragon for me��. I give up, not fun playing this game anymore to hard to get those dragon when you don't get any even with both temple and boots breed still non... Thank you for the time...

The breed rate is really low, so even with the diamond temple, despite your luck has been increased by 6 times, the rate is still very low. e.g. Let's say the rate to breed diamond is about 5%, even 6 times more, it only becomes 30%, which still leaves you with 70% of breeding other dragons.

I've bought the temple 3 times before and got nothing at the end. But guess what? Without the temple was when all of my diamond hybrids were bred, so if you just keep trying, they'll come, even without the temple.

rosewaterlily
10-24-14, 08:53 PM
Diamond temple success #2: Infinity and Rainbow, 27 hours! Black diamond was diamond and night elf, btw.

I read all the reports about the temple not being good the first time you get it (I only got a mercury, which was my third and now I have four, three without the temple active) but the second time has done pretty well. Funny thing is that the first time I bought it, my temple didn't glow and now since the new activation, it does, hmmmm. Still need anubis, dark angel, astromancer, and helios (well also prism but it's ugly so I never tried for it--don't even have a stone type).

NewZoo2012
10-26-14, 06:32 PM
Same boat, got nothing

rosewaterlily
10-26-14, 08:07 PM
Third new diamond with the temple activated this round: black diamond x mythic = anubis. Much better results the second time than when I first bought it.

Kennedward
10-27-14, 06:50 AM
Same boat, got nothing

Same with me when I bought it, and I bought it for 3 times

meoconlunar
10-28-14, 07:56 AM
With Diamond Temple I had Astromacer (wow, happy) Anubis and Mercury (but I alr had them before ) .

Still no luck with Black-Diamond type

Anaboe
10-28-14, 12:17 PM
Bought it for the second time, got me my third Mercury (first one during the Olympus-glitch, one during the first temple, one during the second). Also bred me 1 night (which means 1 small black gem), 1 Penumbra and 1 Music (which I both didn't have). Tho I didn't breed any usefull diamonds, I think there are worse investments in DS :)

Diamond - bought it on valuepack for 18 euro's
Crusader - bred it through dedication and time (3-4 hours? non-stop trying)
Same goes for Infinity and Quetzal.
Gold and Mercury were 1-outcome-breedings from the Olympus-types - Diamonds, so no luck involved in getting those.

Luck never got me any Diamond-hybrid... Despite playing for almost 2 years now.

ciarjen
10-28-14, 01:30 PM
I bought it again and this time I bred Helios and Gold.

I am very pleased with that ....and I didn't do any speed breeding.

interlopr
10-31-14, 06:37 PM
I just bought the temple for my first time, trying to get a Mercury, so far no success in just over 7 breeds, all water dragons :(.

Without the temple I've managed to obtain Diamond, Anubis, Angel, Gold, Infinity, Crusader and Quetzal.

Here's to hoping the temple will bring me a Mercury and hopefully some other hybrids!

interlopr
11-01-14, 04:43 PM
Got Mercury and 2nd Anubis, time to try for diamond + black combos :)

interlopr
11-07-14, 02:38 PM
Well, my temple just ran out.. Here's what I managed to breed from it, while I didn't get any of the hybrids I actually needed, I managed to get doubles and even a triple of what I already had.

1 x Mercury
2 x angel
1 x quetzal
1 x gold
1 x infinity
1 x Anubis
1 x crusader
1 x diamond
1 x black diamond

Which now brings my total diamond Dragons to:

2 x diamond
1 x infinity
2 x Anubis
2 x Mercury
2 x quetzal
2 x crusader
3 x angel
2 x gold
1 x black diamond

All while trying for black/pink diamond hybrids

EDIT: just managed to get black diamond :)

EDIT 2: just managed to get another pure diamond with 1:30 to go! This temple has worked wonders for me! First time buying aswell! Used wizard + fairy trying for infinity.