PDA

View Full Version : More Expansions PLEASE & possible DS-like future for FFS?

Splashy81
10-18-14, 02:52 PM
Hello & thanks TL for the great Halloween event & new decorations! I'm very happy we were given all the previous expansions, but I am still struggling for space even though I'm fully expanded again! I only have room for 33/41 possible habitats.

I'm worried about how I'm going to fit in that fabulous new habitat from the Halloween community prizes! Which I am VERY excited about getting! It goes w/o saying that I have NO room for the pumpkin patch or tree decorations either! :(

Given the new evolution times, selling the evolution flower in order to buy it back later when more expansions are released, it not an option anymore (as I have done MANY times in the past!).

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE consider adding more expansions in the near future!

Also, for whatever it's worth... I've been wondering for a while now, well, wondering since I started playing DS for gems on FFS anyway... About the possible future of the FFS game. The DS "landscape" is far larger and more "sweeping," for lack of a better word, than the FFS landscape prior to recent updates.

I noticed a few updates back, when we got the latest expansions & Battlegrounds, that the landscape of FFS changed to be more vast & "sweeping." I'm just wondering if this might be due to TL's intention to grow FFS into a game more along the lines of DS??

If so... Yay!! I would love to see this game grow, add far more expansions (for one!) and add additional game-play options/elements that make play more interesting & varied!

MelodicStars
10-18-14, 05:43 PM
I agree with the expansions part (cause those are always good to have :P) but if they're really planning to make MOST of FFS like DS, then I might as well quit.

When I first downloaded DS, I thought it would be like most other dragon games in the AppStore. But after seeing the HUGE amount of dragons that were already in the store, I deleted it right away. There was just simply way to much. It made me discouraged, it didn't even give me a slight bit of hope, that I would be able to get all, if not most, of the dragons. I don't expect the developers to change the amount of dragons in DS (I really don't) cause it's their game, not mine. But if FFS is leading toward a future like that, I hope TL thinks it through a second time. I won't hesitate to delete a game where I'm running toward a hopeless goal.

That being said, this game has EXTREMELY great potential, or at least I think so. I hope TL continues to release animals at a steady rate, not an alarming or rushing rate, I think they're doing great on shaping the game so far with other content :)

EviBrooklyn
10-18-14, 05:50 PM
Yes, we need expansions. I don't understand why they limit us so much. Unless they are working on a new element they will release with the new island. But TL, please, we're sick and tired on selling rare animals bc there is no space.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE !!
Crossing my fingers the new expansions will come this tuesday.

zenobia42
10-18-14, 06:18 PM
Adding my PLEASE to the list of folks who really, really, really, really, really want more expansions.

Brooklyn, I hate to break it to you, but when we got the sale on Friday, I asked a couple questions about it in the bugs & issues section, and a follow-up question I made when I saw I was actually getting answers to my questions (!!!) was that there are no plans for any new expansions in the next week. :( So at the very best, a week from Tuesday. But honestly, I doubt even that. I don't know why they think it's a great idea to keep all us high-level players CRAMMED in such a small space considering we are allowed 41 habitats, but they appear married to whatever their idea is for the foreseeable future. :(

infinitelove19
10-19-14, 02:40 AM
I vote for more expansions. too!!!

When the world event started I was fully expanded & every space was occupied. I only had four grand & two small farms to better cram the most into the limited space, but given the importance of farming for this event I had to sell two large habitats (and the animals therein) to have the space to make my two small farms grand. Fortunately this gave me enough room to place the spooky tree (or whatever it is called), where my small farms were. The new habitat, whenever I get it, will either sit in storage or I will have to sell a third habitat to place it. More space, please!!!

zenobia42
10-19-14, 09:16 AM
I started playing DS recently due to it popping up as a quest for gems in my other TL games. I just reached level 13 in it today. I took a look through my album. Other than dragons that are locked (by level or goal), I am missing 66 dragons already. 66! And that is NOT counting the gazillion that will unlock at a future date. I also have 20 active quests. I don't even have a clue where to start with them. There is NO WAY I'm going to keep playing this game after I get all my gems for it. It's WAY too much. WAY too overwhelming to be any fun at all for me. Especially since I've already reached the point where it takes more than half a day to breed or hatch or evolve ANYTHING. I can see how people who began the game long ago, and had all these dragon added over time after they had already gotten most of the others might enjoy it. For new players, though, it's just a giant formless mess.

EviBrooklyn
10-21-14, 08:48 AM
Adding my PLEASE to the list of folks who really, really, really, really, really want more expansions.

Brooklyn, I hate to break it to you, but when we got the sale on Friday, I asked a couple questions about it in the bugs & issues section, and a follow-up question I made when I saw I was actually getting answers to my questions (!!!) was that there are no plans for any new expansions in the next week. :( So at the very best, a week from Tuesday. But honestly, I doubt even that. I don't know why they think it's a great idea to keep all us high-level players CRAMMED in such a small space considering we are allowed 41 habitats, but they appear married to whatever their idea is for the foreseeable future. :(

That shucks !!! I'm kind of bored. I can try and see if I get another unicorn but that's boring too at this point. I'm going to end up of having 100,000,000 gold before we see another expansion. The said part is that the only way to use that gold is to expand and buying habitats. Can't do any of that for a while now. I wish we could buy food or mines with that gold but... nope, can't do!!! So, where's the balance on this game again? Also, when TL intentionally get us stuck for weeks, why do they limit our mines to 15, so it can take us another month to collect enough to expand? I never understood their strategies, and neither do I care at this point

kita_drisk
10-23-14, 09:47 AM
I completely agree with what a lot of people on here are saying. I started Dragon Story because of the hype, but quit Dragon Story when I was mid-teen levels. It was way too much. The amount of dragons, but worse yet, in the mid-teen levels when I was trying to build a foundation for a financially competent and fun forest, it took me a week to build up the coin and continually build enough to have about 5 squares cleared. It wasn't enjoyable, it was work. I feel like, if FFS because the DS sequel, only the players that joined within the first 6 months of the game starting will continue to enjoy it. The newcomers would be overwhelmed and frustrated.

EviBrooklyn
10-26-14, 01:17 AM
I seriously don't get TL's logic on the expansions issue.
We already got two new animals this week, plus one from tournament, plus 3 or 4 from the holiday event, plus we're getting a new habitat, but no expansions whatsoever
And where exactly are we suppose to put the new animals?
I'm being forced to sell rares bc I have absolutely no space left.
Come on TL, were really getting annoyed with your inability to balance this game.

Aernak
10-27-14, 06:22 PM
+1 More expansions please! Everybody's islands look so crowded and they pretty much all look the same cuz all anyone can do is pack in their habitats and farms. Would be much more fun to be able to decorate so everyone's islands had more variety and personality.

Re: Dragon Story - I personally love that there are sooo many to collect. My 2 kids and I play FFS and DS and i love how different our dragon collections are. Our FFS collections are all mostly the same. I don't want another game that I am going to complete in a few weeks and be bored with within a month. Thats just me though.

Splashy81
10-27-14, 07:52 PM
+1 More expansions please! Everybody's islands look so crowded and they pretty much all look the same cuz all anyone can do is pack in their habitats and farms. Would be much more fun to be able to decorate so everyone's islands had more variety and personality.

Exactly!! I'm tired of having to keep all my habitats jammed together!! I would really like A LOT of space to decorate my forest as I like. I feel limited by the need to keep the habitats jam packed in order to make money (to be able to buy food & raise critters to epic cause that's another aspect of the game I enjoy).

Please, TL, stop holding out on us!! More expansions soon!!

kbli7355
10-29-14, 08:34 PM
Just curious but will there be enough space if we only keep ONE animal for each type? I'm just a newbie so I don't know what it's like to be in high levels... And I know lots of people breed many rares ang super rares just to make money...

roguebee
10-30-14, 05:41 AM
Right now, yes, if you keep only 1 of each animal, there is room to have 1 of everything.

jim23cash
10-30-14, 06:13 AM
Right now, yes, if you keep only 1 of each animal, there is room to have 1 of everything.

I have one of everything, and multiples of lots of things. There is more than enough room for one of each. I keep extras to make more money to grow food, buy expansions, buy habitats, remove obstacles, battle, ect.
There is not enough room for all the habitats I can have at my level.

zenobia42
10-30-14, 03:23 PM
We just got a new battlegrounds level. So I thought, "Hey, an update! Maybe they also gave us some new expansion!" *hope, hope, hope* ...

No.

:( :( :(

Splashy81
10-30-14, 09:09 PM
We just got a new battlegrounds level. So I thought, "Hey, an update! Maybe they also gave us some new expansion!" *hope, hope, hope* ...

No.

:( :( :(

:( :( :( This will just be another egg sitting in storage for me :( I don't have to the room to add more critters to my forest. Not excited about this battleground creature in the slightest.

Can we please get some official word from TL regarding new expansions??? There are SO many new creatures and absolutely no new spaces! This is awful!!

sweetypies97
10-31-14, 01:16 AM
All of my animals are squished in and my forest looks messy. I feel like I need an interior designer to sort everything out for me and tell me hp where to put everything. It is funny because that is one of the parts of BS and RS I love I most and I get lots of compliments on my designs.

cquinn32
10-31-14, 05:04 AM
Yes please we need some more space!!

kbli7355
11-01-14, 09:17 PM
Hopefully when I get to level 40 there will be new expansions.