PDA

View Full Version : Healing spring? Diamond temple? Habitats?

KadeeDid
10-18-14, 10:33 AM
I do not know much about battles and have only tried a few times. It does not appeal to me. Part of the reason I quit Dragon Story for a while. I did try a few times and have a dragon who is exhausted. Do I need the Healing Spring? He has been like this for a few days.

I received a sale for Diamond Temple. I do not have a diamond yet. I had tried since it was first introduced.
Is it worth getting for 6 or 7 days?

Another reason I quit as there were so many new dragons and I kept getting duplicates. I have been trading them as I do not have space.
How many of each habitat do you recommend? Is it worth evolving and trading or better to sell right away?

I know the answers to these questions are probably in the forum but when I do a search, I get links to threads with 350 pages.

Out of commission with a migraine and in the dark in the basement with muted screen doing mindless things to distract from the pain.

Also I have huge numbers of items from mining but have never been able to get a dragon from this. Do these pieces just sit in inventory forever?

I just do not have time to play often as I do peer support for cancer patients and am called on for caregiving for several people in support group.

Right now, several games have events going on.

Thanks,
Kadee

orleansparish
10-18-14, 12:59 PM
Yes, you need the healing spring for your battle exhausted dragon. In 2 hours he will be all new again and ready for action.

The diamond temple isn't worth getting unless you already have a diamond. To my knowledge and experience it helps increase the chances of a diamond hybrid, not really the diamond, per se. And even then it's capabilities seem limited the first time around. Most I've seen have had success after activating it a second or third time.

Just keep the four colors in the den and the diamond will come.

If you're Trying to get gems to craft dragons, it's best to keep the dragons, evolve to level four and then trade them. Otherwise if you aren't in serious need if coins and don't need the craft dragons, get the xp and simply sell what you don't want or need a duplicate of.

orleansparish
10-18-14, 12:59 PM
P.S....

You are doing great work with the patients! I'm starting chemo soon and I've been told it's going to be a huge pest. Lovely weekend!

KadeeDid
10-18-14, 01:22 PM
P.S....

You are doing great work with the patients! I'm starting chemo soon and I've been told it's going to be a huge pest. Lovely weekend!

Thanks. I had cancer twice. I got active in a couple of support groups and in researching ideas. People started calling or emailing to ask me to talk with their family members or friends. Then, several people introduced me to people involved in peer support. Those people tracked me down and set up training to do telephone support across Canada. I love helping people.

Thanks for info on the game. Dragon Story was the first game I put on my tablet. I loved it at first but then they started adding all this other stuff and making it more complex.

I found it helped to visualize and see myself not having any issues with chemo or radiation. I am very fair skinned and did not burn during radiation. I had my mantras and asked that the chemo or radiation affect only the cancer cells. Might seem crazy but it worked for me.

Kadee

orleansparish
10-19-14, 08:00 PM
I play dragon and bakery. People think I was going mad when I said I needed to finish goals or get a dragon before chemo, because I don't know how sick or tired I'll become. They didn't understand that this limited fun keeps me from thinking about the morbid reality of real life. It's cute and fun and all the personalities I come across gives me the laughs I need.

I don't think I've come across many support groups in the states. For breast or ovarian cancer, perhaps. Not for rumors around ones cranium. I'm too tired to get my hopes up by calling them, to get helped in the right direction. The game, once you get the basic dragons, becomes more fun.

The worth part is after the 30 dragons per week catches up to you and you realize there's no way breed them all!

Anaboe
10-20-14, 04:57 AM
I've made an (as short as possible) guide on DS, in which all these questions are answered:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69085-An-(as-short-as-possible)-Introduction-to-Dragon-Story&p=909540&viewfull=1#post909540

Furtermore, I give a lot of tips, and links to other great threads.

Good luck with the migraine, for them myself too, 1-2 a mont, 2-3 days in bed, in the dark. It sucks.

thesqueakykid
11-17-14, 08:20 PM
How do I get the quest post where u can send dragons on quests I dont have it yet and other players the same level do I dont understand

awsumum
11-17-14, 11:57 PM
How do I get the quest post where u can send dragons on quests I dont have it yet and other players the same level do I dont understand

Are you android or iOS? iOS has features that android doesn't (there is a separate parity thread, but not going to link as from all reports, it's not functioning at all) if your neighbours are iOS then they will have features you don't :(

Otherwise, if you are iOS and it's not available to you yet, it may be that you have to be a certain level before those features are available to you.

thesqueakykid
11-26-14, 11:05 PM
Are you android or iOS? iOS has features that android doesn't (there is a separate parity thread, but not going to link as from all reports, it's not functioning at all) if your neighbours are iOS then they will have features you don't :(

Otherwise, if you are iOS and it's not available to you yet, it may be that you have to be a certain level before those features are available to you.

Im android but thats really not fair it should be the same for the app that should really be changed

awsumum
11-26-14, 11:42 PM
Im android but thats really not fair it should be the same for the app that should really be changed

There have been people (dedicated, loyal players like yourself) who have been BEGGING TL for over a year to bring android up to speed with iOS, but not a lot has been done (as far as I can tell - I'm iOS)

Meanwhile others are begging for habitat increase and/or fix to diamond/dino/White/pink to accomodate dragons released, but not housed :( hoping tomorrow brings a change

cocauina
11-27-14, 08:17 AM

It's true, Android should have the same features as IOS, but at least, after a long time, after many players said that Android should had the same features as IOS, finally TL released a Christmas version with the Mine and Dawntree, currrently they are testing the features, but at least the players can know have new things :)